• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
i still wish as least the Daisy Color ALT for Peach WOULD be ACTUALLY DASIY
& i still dont kno why Sakurai coulda just did that for Smash 4 since Chars were gettin Alts of Diff/Male/Female chars but yea
Still waiting on PM Codex Edition Hope it Gets Released IN DA NEW YEARRRRRRRRRRR

MERRRYY SMASH YEAR 2 ALL =D
Oh well I thought the one we got was badass since Codex remade (maybe) the Daisy recolor we got from Melee which was way better than the one in Brawl.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
i still wish as least the Daisy Color ALT for Peach WOULD be ACTUALLY DASIY
& i still dont kno why Sakurai coulda just did that for Smash 4 since Chars were gettin Alts of Diff/Male/Female chars but yea
Still waiting on PM Codex Edition Hope it Gets Released IN DA NEW YEARRRRRRRRRRR

MERRRYY SMASH YEAR 2 ALL =D
Miiiight be longer as I'm now also working on some nice costumes for this big update!

Oh well I thought the one we got was badass since Codex remade (maybe) the Daisy recolor we got from Melee which was way better than the one in Brawl.
Ohhh, that Daisy recolor was actually a mixture of SJS's texture and another model on the vault, I really need to look back on that and see so I can be sure to credit and get permission before release!

UPDATE:

Here's the Donkey Kong update, was never happy with my first DK update so this one I hope you all like:

CSPs

BPs

This is much more different than the previous DK, mainly because I would stare at my old ones and think to myself how I could never feel right with him, this time I can say otherwise, I gave him his default costumes, a striker one, the three boxing one updated and clean, fixed up the ties and added in Funky Kong and only that, made extra three colors/camos for him.

As always I hope you like!

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Miiiight be longer as I'm now also working on some nice costumes for this big update!

Ohhh, that Daisy recolor was actually a mixture of SJS's texture and another model on the vault, I really need to look back on that and see so I can be sure to credit and get permission before release!

UPDATE:

Here's the Donkey Kong update, was never happy with my first DK update so this one I hope you all like:

CSPs

BPs

This is much more different than the previous DK, mainly because I would stare at my old ones and think to myself how I could never feel right with him, this time I can say otherwise, I gave him his default costumes, a striker one, the three boxing one updated and clean, fixed up the ties and added in Funky Kong and only that, made extra three colors/camos for him.

Hey codex you just made my ovaries explode.... AND IM A GUY

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Hey Codex, I'm about to drop a bomb here but, are those Funky recolors based on the Brother Bears from Donkey Kong Country 3? Just the shirts, designs and colors really remind me of them, just wondering! :3

MagicManNo9

those Funky recolors...*drool*
Glad you like them!

I love those DK renders! And the Funky Kong recolors look fantastic!
Thanks! I felt this time went around much better!

Hey codex you just made my ovaries explode.... AND IM A GUY
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF 10/10 for making my night!

Funky Kong?!? Oh Hell Yeah!
Gotta love that Funky Kong, Tock did a pretty neat job at Funky! Glad he made that!

Hey Codex, I'm about to drop a bomb here but, are those Funky recolors based on the Brother Bears from Donkey Kong Country 3? Just the shirts, designs and colors really remind me of them, just wondering! :3
You know, when I look at that I can totally see how one could think that, (Now I think about it I really should have done that!)
The red and Green are random colors I thought about, Red being a pattern I felt was fitting and Green upclose is actually got dirt texture on his shirt.

Blue however is actually based on his 64 appearance!

I spent a lot of time staring and trying to figure out what color Funky should be, took a whole day of thinking to get it right! (I hope I got it right!)

It doesn't seem like they are.
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/2/21/Brotherbear.jpg
The blue camo is clearly his DK 64 appearance, but i can't put my finger on what the other 2 might be referencing. But even if they're not reference colors, they still look ridiculously good :3
I hope they are good! Took a while thinking what colors are best! The Blue is exactly as you say as it's on the 64 appearance! Thought it was a fitting recolor for Funky~

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

UPDATE:

CSPs

BPs

This is gorgeous, especially since Ive just taken a liking to Donkey Kong in Smash Bros.

MagicManNo9

Will dio link be included in the codex build if it becomes released?
Not in this build I'm afraid as I have plans for 14 costumes Link (So many Link's to pick from~) But if a Dio Link does get released I'll do a CSP/BP for him if that helps!

SOME FUNKY DONG COLORS LOL. & ill be lookin forward to the next update !
Thanks! Will try and keep things updated!

This is gorgeous, especially since Ive just taken a liking to Donkey Kong in Smash Bros.
Glad you liked it! I'm quite happy with how DK came out this time around!

SORTA UPDATE:

I'm going to be a tad bit busy during the week as I'll be at a Job Placement for web design, once that settles in and I'm use to the place (Hopefully I can adjust to it well!) then I normal speed will continue to resume! Hope you all can understand!

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
Those Funky Kongs are amazing!
Im really digging that all of DKs new colors are just costumes.
Another great addition to the project.

MagicManNo9

Hey Codex! Great job as always, this build is incredible! Thanks for the hard work!
Thanks man! Sorry for the late reply on my part! Been busy but getting there!

Those Funky Kongs are amazing!
Im really digging that all of DKs new colors are just costumes.
Another great addition to the project.
I'm glad the Funky Kong colors are being well received, wasn't sure when I first made them how they'll work but it seems to be going fine!

Can't wait to play the Roy skins!
I have a Roy update right now!

Can we expect anything new for Charizard and Lucario?
On the fixing Thread you'll see alt costumes for Armour Charizard, I plan to use those as I recolored those!

Cant Wait 4 da NEXT UPDATE !
Here's the next update!

UPDATE:

Roy update, took about 5-6 hours of my night doing this! Been quite busy with work and whatnot!

CSPs:

BPs:

A couple of notes to make, Roy was difficult to get down on what I wanted to get in the end so I'll list them:

Here's a comparison of the old and new CSP of Roy:
Before:
After:

- Improved lighting for all the CSPs
- Fixed positioning of the sword in his hand, in the past it blended with his hand looking way out of place when you looked at the full sized render.

He also uses the updated Sheath mod to 3.5, special thanks to Crixler for always updating Roy for that! Thanks!

Also I fixed up a few textures, cleaned them and fixed various issues, if I were to screencap them I would but there was so many I'm going to leave it at that and said I attempted to improve the quality of the textures for a few of the costumes!

You also may have noticed the Lord Marth costume, I added that in because there was a limited amount of Roy costumes and that I wanted to use something that's more distinct, with the Sheath mod and updated 3.5 sword (In case people don't know PM 3.5 updated the sword and it's textures) I'm able to use Lord Marth as an alternate costume, which the end result stands out really well I personally think, I also made two recolors of it so he has some additional colors for it! Right! Let's hear what you all think! In any case as always! Hope you enjoy!

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
UPDATE:

Roy update, took about 5-6 hours of my night doing this! Been quite busy with work and whatnot!

CSPs:

BPs:

A couple of notes to make, Roy was difficult to get down on what I wanted to get in the end so I'll list them:

Here's a comparison of the old and new CSP of Roy:
Before:
After:

- Improved lighting for all the CSPs
- Fixed positioning of the sword in his hand, in the past it blended with his hand looking way out of place when you looked at the full sized render.

He also uses the updated Sheath mod to 3.5, special thanks to Crixler for always updating Roy for that! Thanks!

Also I fixed up a few textures, cleaned them and fixed various issues, if I were to screencap them I would but there was so many I'm going to leave it at that and said I attempted to improve the quality of the textures for a few of the costumes!

You also may have noticed the Lord Marth costume, I added that in because there was a limited amount of Roy costumes and that I wanted to use something that's more distinct, with the Sheath mod and updated 3.5 sword (In case people don't know PM 3.5 updated the sword and it's textures) I'm able to use Lord Marth as an alternate costume, which the end result stands out really well I personally think, I also made two recolors of it so he has some additional colors for it! Right! Let's hear what you all think! In any case as always! Hope you enjoy!

Mewtoo22

Smash Rookie
Likin' most of 'em. I don't know if I'm missing something, but why are the last few so repetitive? The only differences I see are no sheath and a simpler breastplate.

McMarth

Smash Cadet
Love the Roys! This new touch up looks really nice. :)
Is there a reason you gave the Aqua Roy costume his normal hair color instead of silver?

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Likin' most of 'em. I don't know if I'm missing something, but why are the last few so repetitive? The only differences I see are no sheath and a simpler breastplate.
There are no Roy model hacks that give him a remotely different look; the last four costumes, the Lord Roy mod, is legitimately the only model hack that makes Roy look slightly different. If there were Roy hacks that weren't just recolors, he'd have less repetition.

Mewtoo22

Smash Rookie
I see. I've noticed there aren't too many. I'm not complaining though, I just picked up Roy recently and I'm looking forward to using these. Especially that Marth recolor, it definitely sticks out the most. :o

darkblazeknight

Smash Rookie
This built looks amazing, im loving this look. Cant wait till the release. Btw, how long will it take? weeks? months? I need to know!!! lol

Marsephel

Smash Rookie
Any chance we could lose one of the blue marios for a gold Doc recolor like in Sm4sh? Gold Doc is awesome and I think Doc needs more than 5 since mario gets 8, but thats just a suggestion. Either way amazing work Codex :)

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I just want to point out that Codex made about 50 CSPs for the Naked Snake camos in this pack, since he is such a nice man. So check it out if you wanted to use one of the other camos from MGS3!

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
I feel the same way. I mean get you used SoS(?) Roy as an alt which is cool but I think, to make up for the simplicity of the model, you should revisit to textures to look a lot more....BAM. They're just too bland.

CopynPasteKevin

Smash Cadet
NNID
CopynPaste
WHERE'S GOLD FALCON FROM SMASH WIIU AND PIKMIN SUIT FALCON.
Also as much as I adore Roy's costumes and I understand the limitless behind it, but frankly some of them look very similar when compared (The two new black costumes and Roy's first blue team color always bothered me because it looks too similar)
Nevertheless I'm so excited for Link's! Hopefully there will be costumes of Link with silver gauntlets and hover boots!

Last edited:

Mewtoo22

Smash Rookie
^ I think Gold Falcon would be a great addition too. >.< Wouldn't mind losing one of those blue ones for it.

MagicManNo9

Not many Roy costumes out there, so decided to go with a somewhat different costume, even if it's minor I say!

Love the Roys! This new touch up looks really nice. :)
Is there a reason you gave the Aqua Roy costume his normal hair color instead of silver?
Thanks, as for the Roy no particular reason, if everyone wants I can add that in over the current one, mainly to create variety if that helps?

There are no Roy model hacks that give him a remotely different look; the last four costumes, the Lord Roy mod, is legitimately the only model hack that makes Roy look slightly different. If there were Roy hacks that weren't just recolors, he'd have less repetition.
Thank you HypnotizeOverdrive, that pretty much sums up the current issue with Roy's costumes, it's the only costume that I could find that would go into these 14 character slots, it might not stand out that much but it's a much bigger difference I say than using the same costume 14 times, specially in this build specifically.

I see. I've noticed there aren't too many. I'm not complaining though, I just picked up Roy recently and I'm looking forward to using these. Especially that Marth recolor, it definitely sticks out the most. :o
Glad you like the costumes! The Marth one is a funny story, when 3.0 was abouts I used that costume in a work-in-progress build but for some reason it would crash so I had to re-import the textures over another Roy, to this day I still have no idea what the cause was, but in anycase he's been updated for 3.5 with the Sheath and whatnot.

ROYS ARE BOY
Indeed he certainly is our boy!

This is...... I can't describe how much it makes me smile :')
You Sir @ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 have a great project here :')
thank you for these::lucas::wolf:
Can't wait to see :dedede::zerosuitsamus: and of course :popo:
Thanks! Glad to hear that! The project has been going on strong and I'll continue to do so!

So @ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 , what are your plans for samus? =)
No idea I'm afraid! Too many costume to pick from and so many already in 3.5, so expect lots of variety with them (Once I figure out a pose/CSP that looks consistent with all of them)

This built looks amazing, im loving this look. Cant wait till the release. Btw, how long will it take? weeks? months? I need to know!!! lol
Thanks! I have no idea when this build will be released I'm afraid! So much stuff I want to work on in the meantime! That my work placement IRL is taking a lot of my time but I'll try my best!

Any chance we could lose one of the blue marios for a gold Doc recolor like in Sm4sh? Gold Doc is awesome and I think Doc needs more than 5 since mario gets 8, but thats just a suggestion. Either way amazing work Codex :)
We'll have to see how the new CBliss update deals with Mario/Dr Mario, I wonder how that'll work, I could switch them out but I know a lot of people really like the Teal Mario, so we'll have to see! also thanks to hear! I'll keep doing what I can!

I just want to point out that Codex made about 50 CSPs for the Naked Snake camos in this pack, since he is such a nice man. So check it out if you wanted to use one of the other camos from MGS3!
Oh thanks man! It was fun rendering them all for Snake! Glad people like it and if people don't like the Camo's I picked out in the build they can certainly just switch them out with any of the ones in that pack! I'll add it to the front page when I can!

I feel the same way. I mean get you used SoS(?) Roy as an alt which is cool but I think, to make up for the simplicity of the model, you should revisit to textures to look a lot more....BAM. They're just too bland.
Fraid I won't change them at this point, mainly because creating the green and red one already took a whole night off me, that and the simplicity is suppose to match up with the original costume that it was intended to be based on from my understanding, if someone want to try and give it a shot by all means, I don't own the costumes so I'm only improvising what is about right now, when next to the original there's quite a difference if that helps for anyone who wonders.

WHERE'S GOLD FALCON FROM SMASH WIIU AND PIKMIN SUIT FALCON.
Also as much as I adore Roy's costumes and I understand the limitless behind it, but frankly some of them look very similar when compared (The two new black costumes and Roy's first blue team color always bothered me because it looks too similar)
Nevertheless I'm so excited for Link's! Hopefully there will be costumes of Link with silver gauntlets and hover boots!
A lot of the costumes in this build are cleaned and a lot of them are recolors I had to make myself, they take way too much time and also Pikmin costume is too ridiculous and out of place for what I'm aiming for, though saying that I am actually planning to add Gold Smash 4 Falcon in but I need to make the costume/color first. (Not many people know I have to work on the costumes then a simple pick and mix, cleaning, fixing up, testing costumes and so forth)

As for the Roy, I believe the first Blue team color is based on the classic Roy color scheme, and as for the two black costumes I think PM was trying to add in an 'awakening' Roy color and it came off too simple/similar looking to the Black Roy, don't know what to do about that one though.

Link is also very difficult because I want to add in the new Hyrule Warriors Link and Skyward Sword link when they are released, those ones just look 10/10, it's going to be a challenge for Link so I'll give him the best treatment possible!

^ I think Gold Falcon would be a great addition too. >.< Wouldn't mind losing one of those blue ones for it.
+2 I shall get to that at some point! And yes, it will replace one of the blue ones!

I too vote for gold falcon if that's a possibility!
+ 3 Then it's confirmed that Gold Falcon will be a thing!

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

you should add some of the fusion recolours i made =p

http://smashboards.com/threads/fusion-suit-recolours.378597/
So many to pick from so we'll have to see!

IIRC someone has made recently a gold falcon recolor
There is I think, I'll look into it when I get the chance!

Man, i really want that Knuckles and Espio recolor for sonic..
Look forward to it! Some amazing stuff incoming with this build!

Could you add Captain Falco as a Falco costume?
Probably not, would look really out of place to do that I'm afraid.

Top Bottom