• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I would really just love a 10 costume build if that's at all possible. I think there's more than enough fantastic alts that you could choose from until the cbliss update when you can add the other four for each character. I know you're working incredibly hard on this, but it has been over half a year since you're original 2-week planned build, and having a solid build with your quality work would be much better than just releasing all the skins in my opinion.
I think because he already has prepared 14 alts for about 10 of the characters, he doesn't want it to go to waste.

Chag0

Smash Cadet
6 original brawl colors, dark meta knight, beta knight + recolors, maskless meta kngiht, quickdraw meta, samuari meta and galacta knight = perfection

CopynPasteKevin

Smash Cadet
NNID
CopynPaste
I believe one good IC costume that deserves to be in the 14 costume lineup is the Mario and Luigi theme on BrawlVault. I thought it was pretty cool that the dood changed the texture of the wooden hammers into the black ones from the Mario&Luigi games.
The 14 costume lineup for IC is going to involve A LOT of creativity, will you be changing the color of the hammer as well?

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
I agree, project m will probably go on for a long time before another update, so take your time.
Thank you! I shall do just that and will try and produce the best quality I can muster!

No Problemo man :3
Oh and I must ask, Could I use the Lucas Render for my Custom amiibo pose ?
Kind o used it as base model for his pose :D
And it would be nice to have it on the box.
Apologies for not getting back at you sooner! By all means you can! Render is on the front page so help yourself!

Honestly I would really just love a 10 costume build if that's at all possible. I think there's more than enough fantastic alts that you could choose from until the cbliss update when you can add the other four for each character. I know you're working incredibly hard on this, but it has been over half a year since you're original 2-week planned build, and having a solid build with your quality work would be much better than just releasing all the skins in my opinion.
Thanks! The main reason I chose to do this would be that because what would be hard is that I passed by the 10 alts and already selected the 14 ones, reverting back is even harder with the choices I have placed in front of me, not only that I know of some amazing stuff in the works and I would love to use in the build, I'm mainly aiming to make at the best quality possible so I can assure you I'll make the best build possible! Every day I'm learning more and more ways to improve the build, fix up on costumes and it means a lot to hear that! (I say that a lot but I'll keep saying it, you people are the reason I continue to work hard on this!)

Codex, I think I found the best Metaknight alt for you to use. Better than all of the Metaknight alts.
Behold! http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32064
Oh God, I knew immediately what that was going to be and it still scares the jeepers out of me!

I almost didn't even click, because I assumed it was bizzozeron's awesome Samurai Meta Knight posted earlier today. What you posted, though, has got to be one of the stupidest, best Brawl mods I have seen.
Agreed! I know it has made so many people's night it's too good!

I think because he already has prepared 14 alts for about 10 of the characters, he doesn't want it to go to waste.
^^^ Pretty much this reason if I'm perfectly honest, so much good stuff out there.

6 original brawl colors, dark meta knight, beta knight + recolors, maskless meta kngiht, quickdraw meta, samuari meta and galacta knight = perfection
I'll try my best to do give Metaknight Justice!

I believe one good IC costume that deserves to be in the 14 costume lineup is the Mario and Luigi theme on BrawlVault. I thought it was pretty cool that the dood changed the texture of the wooden hammers into the black ones from the Mario&Luigi games.
The 14 costume lineup for IC is going to involve A LOT of creativity, will you be changing the color of the hammer as well?
Saw that one, was thinking of using that but wasn't sure about the coat, was planning to use my own one and mix and match, in either case I'll see what I can produce!

STATUS UPDATE:

Well based on the poll results, I can see it going the way I totally expected it to! But I wanted to give an update on all the costumes I've worked on/edited/done:

[✓] Luigi Snes Golf - (Out on the vault already)
[✓] Snes Peach - (Out on the vault already)
[✓] Retro Pit Recolors (Out on the vault already)
[✓] Chrom Ike (Out on the vault already)
[✓] Dark OOT Link (Out on the vault already)
[✓] Armour Charizard Recolors (Out on the vault already)
[✓] Koga themed Squirtle (Out on the vault already)

[✓] Mario Snes Golf - Fixed UVs thanks to Taiko, and updated textures!
[✓] Funky Kong Recolors - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Pauline Peach - Fixed crown, updated the textures a bit!
[✓] Smash4 Black Peach - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Violet/Purple Peach - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Smash4 Green Bowser - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Smash4 Yellow Bowser - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Smash4 Captain Falcon Blue - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Smash4 Captain Falcon Purple Scare Blue -All done, All Good to Go!
[>>>>] Smash 4 Captain Falcon Yellow - Plan to work on
[>>>>] New Smash4 Marth (New Model/textures)
[>>>>] Awakening Marth (Merge of SJS's Lucina texture and Shun's Lodestar Marth)
[✓] Lord Roy Recolors (Original Lord Roy by Crixler)
[✓] Espio Sonic (Credit to oNITESkye!)
[✓] Boom Sonic (Credit to oNITESkye!)
[✓] Knuckles Sonic (Credit to oNITESkye!)
[✓] Darkspine Sonic - Need to update a small texture around his feet and 100% ready
[>>>>] Ash Hat Pikachu - Got to fix Normals around Pikachu's eyes
[✓] Classic Snake (Merge of two Classic Snake costumes on the vault, will make sure to credit)
[✓] Hyrule Warriors Themed Link (Only updated texture)
[✓] Hilda Zelda (Originally inspired and used Theytah's model as a base for this one)
[✓] Skyward Shiek - My first model rig, I need to re-do this by fixing the eyes, FS and metal issues.
[✓] Lucas themed Ness- All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Ness Themed Lucas - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Villager Themed Lucas - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Duster Themed Lucas - All done, All Good to Go!

I didn't mention certain costumes, for example Hyrule Warriors Themed Link since there's going to be a new ones on the vault so I'll be planning to use them upon release as well as many other costumes!

They might look close to completion but do not expect them all to come out at once, I'll go through them all accordingly and make they're ready to go, this is will be done in between 1-2 days as I have my job and various projects I'm also working on.

Some might think that working on various projects can take a lot out of you, in fact it does BUT at the same time I've learnt so much, I've learnt a lot thanks to the Smash 3 team with modeling, understanding how to edit models, check normals, shaders, specs and so forth and with the fixing thread I also gained more insight on what to fix (Like Pikachu's normals) and have more confidence doing those! I'll also be fixing Pit's bow so they all match the same color as the default one (Because being that some attacks change the color back and such)

If anyone has any questions in regards to these I'll try to answer them all when I can! I wrote those really quickly so if there are mistakes in there I do apologies! But I wanted to give you all a rough idea on how abouts I'll be handling them all!

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
This may just be a matter of taste, but rather than the Sm4sh yellow C. Falcon color, I would go with the Dr. Stewart based color on the vault. IMO much more relevant and visually interesting.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
So no more posting about project m? Sorry but were still going. EDIT: Nevermind, they are not streaming.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Even though im working on a smash 3 soap shoes sonic, you could use that instead of the fixed soap shoes. And you should include yellow docmario and a dracula color scheme for ganon.

CopynPasteKevin

Smash Cadet
NNID
CopynPaste
GET THAT GOLD FALCON DONE BOI (take your time, im just so hyped)
I also just realized that Wario has 12 costumes, meaning that 2 more costumes will be added (which is pretty disappointing IMO). Will you be replacing any original costumes for new ones?
I believe it'd be pretty cool to change Overall Wario's team colors like how you did with Mario and Luigi. Overall Wario's blue costume would be Ice Wario, his red would be Mario Wario, and green Luigi Wario. Maybe a Waluigi color would be great as well, but I don't want to waste a slot since there are so many other great options.
Good luck on that IC costume lineup btw! Better celebrate their anniversary with a lineup that will hype all of us!

Last edited:

P-Breaker

Smash Cadet
I love the new Hyrule Warriors alt for Link, but is there going to be a Fierce Deity alt for Link? That costume is one of my favorite in the whole Legend of Zelda series.

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
I love the new Hyrule Warriors alt for Link, but is there going to be a Fierce Deity alt for Link? That costume is one of my favorite in the whole Legend of Zelda series.
I agree! AlGeorgeRomo recently released V2 of his FD Link, maybe Codex could use that and just brawlify its textures since they're originally Melee styled.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
What is SNES Peach? By the way I did like the Mario Bros. Ice Climber version.

You know what's weird? How come Nana isn't ever in the lead anymore, like how you could in Melee? I'd love to see that

Im Fragbait

Smash Apprentice
Thank you! I shall do just that and will try and produce the best quality I can muster!

Apologies for not getting back at you sooner! By all means you can! Render is on the front page so help yourself!

Thanks! The main reason I chose to do this would be that because what would be hard is that I passed by the 10 alts and already selected the 14 ones, reverting back is even harder with the choices I have placed in front of me, not only that I know of some amazing stuff in the works and I would love to use in the build, I'm mainly aiming to make at the best quality possible so I can assure you I'll make the best build possible! Every day I'm learning more and more ways to improve the build, fix up on costumes and it means a lot to hear that! (I say that a lot but I'll keep saying it, you people are the reason I continue to work hard on this!)

Oh God, I knew immediately what that was going to be and it still scares the jeepers out of me!

Agreed! I know it has made so many people's night it's too good!

^^^ Pretty much this reason if I'm perfectly honest, so much good stuff out there.

I'll try my best to do give Metaknight Justice!

Saw that one, was thinking of using that but wasn't sure about the coat, was planning to use my own one and mix and match, in either case I'll see what I can produce!

STATUS UPDATE:

Well based on the poll results, I can see it going the way I totally expected it to! But I wanted to give an update on all the costumes I've worked on/edited/done:

[✓] Luigi Snes Golf - (Out on the vault already)
[✓] Snes Peach - (Out on the vault already)
[✓] Retro Pit Recolors (Out on the vault already)
[✓] Chrom Ike (Out on the vault already)
[✓] Dark OOT Link (Out on the vault already)
[✓] Armour Charizard Recolors (Out on the vault already)
[✓] Koga themed Squirtle (Out on the vault already)

[✓] Mario Snes Golf - Fixed UVs thanks to Taiko, and updated textures!
[✓] Funky Kong Recolors - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Pauline Peach - Fixed crown, updated the textures a bit!
[✓] Smash4 Black Peach - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Violet/Purple Peach - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Smash4 Green Bowser - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Smash4 Yellow Bowser - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Smash4 Captain Falcon Blue - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Smash4 Captain Falcon Purple Scare Blue -All done, All Good to Go!
[>>>>] Smash 4 Captain Falcon Yellow - Plan to work on
[>>>>] New Smash4 Marth (New Model/textures)
[>>>>] Awakening Marth (Merge of SJS's Lucina texture and Shun's Lodestar Marth)
[✓] Lord Roy Recolors (Original Lord Roy by Crixler)
[✓] Espio Sonic (Credit to oNITESkye!)
[✓] Boom Sonic (Credit to oNITESkye!)
[✓] Knuckles Sonic (Credit to oNITESkye!)
[✓] Darkspine Sonic - Need to update a small texture around his feet and 100% ready
[>>>>] Ash Hat Pikachu - Got to fix Normals around Pikachu's eyes
[✓] Classic Snake (Merge of two Classic Snake costumes on the vault, will make sure to credit)
[✓] Hyrule Warriors Themed Link (Only updated texture)
[✓] Hilda Zelda (Originally inspired and used Theytah's model as a base for this one)
[✓] Skyward Shiek - My first model rig, I need to re-do this by fixing the eyes, FS and metal issues.
[✓] Lucas themed Ness- All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Ness Themed Lucas - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Villager Themed Lucas - All done, All Good to Go!
[✓] Duster Themed Lucas - All done, All Good to Go!

I didn't mention certain costumes, for example Hyrule Warriors Themed Link since there's going to be a new ones on the vault so I'll be planning to use them upon release as well as many other costumes!

They might look close to completion but do not expect them all to come out at once, I'll go through them all accordingly and make they're ready to go, this is will be done in between 1-2 days as I have my job and various projects I'm also working on.

Some might think that working on various projects can take a lot out of you, in fact it does BUT at the same time I've learnt so much, I've learnt a lot thanks to the Smash 3 team with modeling, understanding how to edit models, check normals, shaders, specs and so forth and with the fixing thread I also gained more insight on what to fix (Like Pikachu's normals) and have more confidence doing those! I'll also be fixing Pit's bow so they all match the same color as the default one (Because being that some attacks change the color back and such)

If anyone has any questions in regards to these I'll try to answer them all when I can! I wrote those really quickly so if there are mistakes in there I do apologies! But I wanted to give you all a rough idea on how abouts I'll be handling them all!
does the pack work for project m 3.5?????

MagicManNo9

This may just be a matter of taste, but rather than the Sm4sh yellow C. Falcon color, I would go with the Dr. Stewart based color on the vault. IMO much more relevant and visually interesting.
I'll take a look when I get the chance! I already have things planned out for all characters so let's see!

Even though im working on a smash 3 soap shoes sonic, you could use that instead of the fixed soap shoes. And you should include yellow docmario and a dracula color scheme for ganon.
Haha, I already have all the costumes planned out for sonic fraid! I also have Mario done and Ganon planned out so there's no space to add in costumes for them!

GET THAT GOLD FALCON DONE BOI (take your time, im just so hyped)
I also just realized that Wario has 12 costumes, meaning that 2 more costumes will be added (which is pretty disappointing IMO). Will you be replacing any original costumes for new ones?
I believe it'd be pretty cool to change Overall Wario's team colors like how you did with Mario and Luigi. Overall Wario's blue costume would be Ice Wario, his red would be Mario Wario, and green Luigi Wario. Maybe a Waluigi color would be great as well, but I don't want to waste a slot since there are so many other great options.
Good luck on that IC costume lineup btw! Better celebrate their anniversary with a lineup that will hype all of us!
I have plans for Wario so you need not worry! I will replace a couple and switch out, all I can say is look forward to them! Also sorry to all for being late on replies! I can't do much on the build right now as I'm waiting and have so much going on right now. But thanks for that! I'll defiantly take my time and go all out and give you the best build I can muster man!

No lord ike for now? :(

On another note, think you could get a ALTTP mod for Link that kind of similar to that ?:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=9741
Oh? Lord Ike is on Ike's section, I can confirm that!

There's an amazing ALTTP Toon Link I'm planning to use from the vault for Toon Link's update!

Link himself is a challange and I've been really hyped about so many costumes to come out on his end, so many to pick from but I'll do the best picking out what I think is best!

IWG is actually doing a FD Link from the new HW DLC, I plan to add that model as well as a few of the models when he releases them! A lot of work is getting put in them so I'm really hyped how much details and time he's putting into them! If you see this IWG Keep it up and no rush! The Hype is real for me!

I agree! AlGeorgeRomo recently released V2 of his FD Link, maybe Codex could use that and just brawlify its textures since they're originally Melee styled.
Ohhh as my previous reply says, you should take a look at IWG's thread! The FD Link in Hyrule Warriors is a 10/10 model!

What is SNES Peach? By the way I did like the Mario Bros. Ice Climber version.

You know what's weird? How come Nana isn't ever in the lead anymore, like how you could in Melee? I'd love to see that
This is SNES Peach! I remember people asking for this alt recolor so I made one for them!

Also thanks! I still need to rethink some things with Ice Climbers but I'll do my best!

does the pack work for project m 3.5?????
Pack ain't out yet I'm afraid! Still got lots to work on!

look at the title
Basically this thanks!

now we Wait for a new update...
;-; Lots going on right now, I'll explain in next post.

UPDATE:

Sorry... I've been extremely occupied working on a lot of things, as I said I'm waiting for various releases on costumes, CBliss, stages and so much more, not only that I've been working on the PM fixing thread and I'm not optimizing and fixing a lot of the costumes I have planned for this build (I also need to create Stock icons for all of them as well and there's so much more on this I need to do) as well as working on a couple of Smash 3 related things, AND I'm working a Job on web development everyday so I barely get enough time to even relax... I will be releasing costumes over the weekend though if that helps, and working on a lot nice surprises and extras for the future.

Basically:
- PM Fixing thread = working on fixes, editing, creating Remastered CSPs, learning so much from there.
- Codex Build = waiting for a lot of releases, one is CBliss but there's 10 or so more things I'm waiting for but for now I'm focusing on fixing all costumes and preparing icons, I'm planning to also fix a lot of the costumes that will be going in this build so that everyone has the best experience possible.
- CSPs = I'm mainly rendering and working on CSPs, there's been a recent breakthrough on something I can't comment on just yet but it's got me really hyped up!
- Smash 3 = I'm working a couple of Smash 3 things and helping out rendering (To me helping out at Smash 3 is my top priority right now, if anyone from Smash 3 reading this right now I'm in bed almost about to KO myself! when I get back on tomorrow lemme know if there's anything else I can help with!)

I'm also ill from a lot of workload, I'm barely managing to type this message out without fainting haha, and not only that I'm managing my new Job working on programming from the start of a day til the finish, it's insane I tell you! When i get back I don't really get much time to relax which is why I take a couple of days off haha, actually looking at what I just wrote... I might take a couple of days off to clear my head.

EDIT: I wanted to clarify this is probably just me phasing out from being ill! I will be back to usual after a day!

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Currently at work so I wanted to paste this update quickly!
Expect the following in the next few days -
Original Pack:
Snes Golf Mario v4.0 = Fixing Patterns everywhere, updated UV Mapping (Thanks to Taiko), updated textures (a couple of lower quality textures will be updated, like the shoes and such)

Ash Hat Pikachu v2.0 = Fixed Normals (Mind you this was back when I was new to modelling, still will not excuse leaving it be!) For those who don't know, there is outlines around Pikachu's eyes, it's simply because the eyes aren't fully conntected to the head, I shall be fixing this up!

Skyward Sheik v2.0 = Expect Quite a big change/update for Skyward Shiek, she's going to have whole new textures, a complete clean up and model update and fully fixed, basically I'm just going to re-do the whole Skyward model so look forward to a new model!

Awakening Marth v3.0 = I never released the 2.0 one because there were lots of things I wanted to fix on that model rather than me slapping updated textures on it (I mean, if I'm capable of updating the whole model I will!) expect a whole new model update, working on a few things for this and shall be collabing with Satoshi on this!

Recolor Themed Pack:
I'll be releasing the themed costumes updates (Such as Pac Kirby, AC Shirt for Lucas, Violet Peach costumes), some will have UV Mapping updates (Like with AC Shirt Lucas and such) and going through them all releasing them each when ready, though I will say some of these themed textures might give me inspiration to make themed costumes (Like full proper Duster Lucas for example a proper Chrom themed Ike) not making promises there though! But do expect some nice themed costumes in the future.
Smash 4 Codex Pack:
Expect a release for the Smash4 recolors, I'm not doing all of them mind, just the ones I made for the build! I'll re-check a few back and forth.

There are more updates on this but these are the current plans, Mario and Pikachu are expected to be released today, Sheik over the weekend, Marth depends on once I get everything in check for that (Basically I can't give an ETA for that yet) Everything else will be released one by one in between all this, hope this helps everyone!
I also need to reply to all private messages people have sent me, been busy at work so if anyone reading this expect me to reply when I get back from work today! I mainly reply on Fridays to Sundays but I'll try to get back into my usual routine of replying to everyone, my apologies for not replying sooner! Both Fixing thread related and CSP and working on costume related!

Also WOW, that poll, I wasn't aware this many actually watch this thread, will be going full hyperdrive mode the next few days and such!

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Currently at work so I wanted to paste this update quickly!
Expect the following in the next few days -
Original Pack:
Snes Golf Mario v4.0 = Fixing Patterns everywhere, updated UV Mapping (Thanks to Taiko), updated textures (a couple of lower quality textures will be updated, like the shoes and such)

Ash Hat Pikachu v2.0 = Fixed Normals (Mind you this was back when I was new to modelling, still will not excuse leaving it be!) For those who don't know, there is outlines around Pikachu's eyes, it's simply because the eyes aren't fully conntected to the head, I shall be fixing this up!

Skyward Sheik v2.0 = Expect Quite a big change/update for Skyward Shiek, she's going to have whole new textures, a complete clean up and model update and fully fixed, basically I'm just going to re-do the whole Skyward model so look forward to a new model!

Awakening Marth v3.0 = I never released the 2.0 one because there were lots of things I wanted to fix on that model rather than me slapping updated textures on it (I mean, if I'm capable of updating the whole model I will!) expect a whole new model update, working on a few things for this and shall be collabing with Satoshi on this!

Recolor Themed Pack:
I'll be releasing the themed costumes updates (Such as Pac Kirby, AC Shirt for Lucas, Violet Peach costumes), some will have UV Mapping updates (Like with AC Shirt Lucas and such) and going through them all releasing them each when ready, though I will say some of these themed textures might give me inspiration to make themed costumes (Like full proper Duster Lucas for example a proper Chrom themed Ike) not making promises there though! But do expect some nice themed costumes in the future.
Smash 4 Codex Pack:
Expect a release for the Smash4 recolors, I'm not doing all of them mind, just the ones I made for the build! I'll re-check a few back and forth.

There are more updates on this but these are the current plans, Mario and Pikachu are expected to be released today, Sheik over the weekend, Marth depends on once I get everything in check for that (Basically I can't give an ETA for that yet) Everything else will be released one by one in between all this, hope this helps everyone!
I also need to reply to all private messages people have sent me, been busy at work so if anyone reading this expect me to reply when I get back from work today! I mainly reply on Fridays to Sundays but I'll try to get back into my usual routine of replying to everyone, my apologies for not replying sooner! Both Fixing thread related and CSP and working on costume related!

Also WOW, that poll, I wasn't aware this many actually watch this thread, will be going full hyperdrive mode the next few days and such!
Where can I download the individual packs? would they be on this page or on some other page? I want the pikachu costumes, can I download them on the first page?

Last edited:

Ness the beast

Smash Rookie
Will Replays work? because I started a New youtube chanel and I can do gameplay videos

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Where can I download the individual packs? would they be on this page or on some other page? I want the pikachu costumes, can I download them on the first page?
You can get most of them if not, all of them on the vault, the idea of this build was picking out what I thought was the best suited costumes and putting them into a whole build haha, I probably won't do packs, mainly because of two reasons:

The first being that it would take away download counts from the vault and modder themselves (Whether people do or do not care about DL count, I have to respect the original download source regardless) my second reason I can't bundle them up is because a few of the models aren't mine fully, for example the purple beanie hat and the black hat Pikachu are actually different ones from the vault, I just made a texture for them that I thought was pretty neat!

I'm going to ask permission and credit those costumes after I get in contact with the original creators of each costume I've edited, tis be a Habit of mine! I always make sure to get permission from the owner!) so I'll try and get them out as soon as I can for you!

Will Replays work? because I started a New youtube chanel and I can do gameplay videos
I think replays work, it all depends on what software and whatnot you use for recording, I don't do much recording so I can't be 100% sure I could confirm/help you there sorry!

UPDATE:

Getting late since I had lots to do, so I was working on templates and layouts on how to do all this, so hopefully progress will go much smoother from here on out!

Firstly, let's finally release Snes Golf Mario! I've been holding back on updating his release for a while now because I was never happy with the way his textures came out as well as various other issues that took time to work on, I remember back then I was trying to get SNES Golf Mario to match the style brawl has, as for if I succeeded or not, that's for you all to decide! At the end of the day I just hope you all enjoy playing with this costume!

There is a change log in the read me file of the download but in case no one wants to open that I'll paste it here:

Version 4.0 Changes:
- Hat UV mapping improved much more, more clean (Credit to Taiko)
- Texture Updated (Was never happy with the Shoes and how it came out in game, this time I'm more proud of it, same with the textures on the cap.
- Model updated for PM 3.5 (I'm actually unsure if these models actually work for Brawl itself so if someone can clarify this for me that'd be fantastic!)
- Added CSP Update + Render (I was actually surprised that I never updated the old CSP, like, my very first one was in the last update haha!)

Speaking of the old CSP, I can't believe I still had that in the download folder! For anyone that is curious here it is, my first ever attempt at making CSPs:

Oh wow, now that is so nostalgic in so many ways, anyways! Nostalgia aside here's a pic of the render:

Every time I see the possibility of trying to improve the render, I end up going for it, I pretty much went full cleaning/photoshop on this one, every little detail helps! For a CSP Comparison here you go:

Before:
After:

No one will probably notice it unless they layer the CSP on top of each other, but this one has updated hat textures and various texture fixes, specially around the feet and bottom part of Mario's pants and specially around the eyes.

EDIT: SHOES, Also I Sleep because it's getting very late and I need to be up for work!

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
- Model updated for PM 3.5 (I'm actually unsure if these models actually work for Brawl itself so if someone can clarify this for me that'd be fantastic!)
It should work fine, all that changed is the cape texture being added to the costume, which doesn't affect Brawl.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Dude Codex, usually I think custom builds end up looking kind of cheezy and unprofessional compared to the base PM build, but yours looks like it will be awesome. I honestly wish your build could just be adopted as the base PM build because it looks even more official than the official build lol. Can't wait to play it.

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
All these updates. Its coming...I can almost see it. Right there. In the distance. OH GOD....
[spoiler/]

Last edited:

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Hey Codex, I really like that you're making progress with this build, but I hope I can make a few suggestions.

To make the build a bit more fitting with costumes.

Squirtle -
Sunglasses or Shinobi replace the last two costumes of Squirtle.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3rb9ekk0942kam/Ninja Squirtle Recolors.rar?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cs9ms0glbiaw4db/Sunglasses Squirtle.zip
Reasoning - The 2nd to last costume seems like you wanted to fit something in last second, and had no other ideas. Also the Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtle seems really out of place.

Ganondorf -
Get rid of one of the default Ganondorf costumes (not Old Manondorf) and move Beast Ganon up there, and give Melee Ganondorf an alt of an alt!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q87w84siz4iyv80/Phantom+Ganon.zip
Reasoning - This gives another well known form of Ganondorf appreciation, and then we can have Beast Ganon vs Phantom Ganon!

Link -
Edit all of the shield colors to stay blue, the shields just look odd with altered colors.
Remove some Link color and add Fierce Deity Link as an alt for Melee (OoT) Link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ey3ka8dqy9l7sa9/Fierce Deity Link - Remastered 2.rar?dl=0
Reasoning - Majora's Mask 3D just came out as of recent.

I understand if you don't accept these ideas, they are again, just ideas.

I'm also wondering, will you be adding more stages with Stage Expansion?

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Link -
Edit all of the shield colors to stay blue, the shields just look odd with altered colors.
Remove some Link color and add Fierce Deity Link as an alt for Melee (OoT) Link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ey3ka8dqy9l7sa9/Fierce Deity Link - Remastered 2.rar?dl=0

Instead of using the melee remastered Fierce Diety Link, I'd recommend waiting for iwantgames to release his Fierce Deity Hyrule Warriors Link model first as that's the highest quality official model of Fierce Deity Link and is also specifically made as that form and not a reskin of another model. Also, I think that the Hyrule Warriors models would fit the brawl style a little better than the heavily saturated Melee style.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Instead of using the melee remastered Fierce Diety Link, I'd recommend waiting for iwantgames to release his Fierce Deity Hyrule Warriors Link model first as that's the highest quality official model of Fierce Deity Link and is also specifically made as that form and not a reskin of another model. Also, I think that the Hyrule Warriors models would fit the brawl style a little better than the heavily saturated Melee style.
But then this Fierce Deity model that I linked would fit in the style.

The Hyrule Warrior's models look out of place.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Hey Codex, I really like that you're making progress with this build, but I hope I can make a few suggestions.

Squirtle -
Reasoning - The 2nd to last costume seems like you wanted to fit something in last second, and had no other ideas. Also the Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtle seems really out of place.

Ganondorf -
Get rid of one of the default Ganondorf costumes (not Old Manondorf) and move Beast Ganon up there, and give Melee Ganondorf an alt of an alt!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q87w84siz4iyv80/Phantom Ganon.zip
Reasoning - This gives another well known form of Ganondorf appreciation, and then we can have Beast Ganon vs Phantom Ganon!

Link -

or you can just wait for the release and pop in all the stuff you want into it

MagicManNo9

It should work fine, all that changed is the cape texture being added to the costume, which doesn't affect Brawl.
That explains it thanks man!

Dude Codex, usually I think custom builds end up looking kind of cheezy and unprofessional compared to the base PM build, but yours looks like it will be awesome. I honestly wish your build could just be adopted as the base PM build because it looks even more official than the official build lol. Can't wait to play it.
Oh wow thanks! It's a lot of work as I'm working on multiple projects but I'm really loving everything so far (I feel I'm learning much much more with working on other projects and such so I can make this build even more perfect as I get closer and closer to release!) Means a lot to hear that! (I certainly need to update more often, I can't stop apologizing because of late updates!)

hmm, if you have Lord Ike, any link not far?
I'm waiting in for a lot of link before I put him together! We'll see how that turns out!

All these updates. Its coming...I can almost see it. Right there. In the distance. OH GOD....
ONE DAY! I Promise I shall deliver the best possible build I can do! It gets me more hyped everytime I see something amazing on the vault gets released, ahhh so much content to pick from! I shall not let you down!

Squirtle -

Ganondorf -
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q87w84siz4iyv80/Phantom Ganon.zip

Link -

Ohhh, the 10 costume thing was back then, when CBliss updates with 14 I'll be using that instead and I'm going through every character again to re-do renders, fixing up models (A lot of models mind you!) and re-renderign them in the best quality possible!

I also check the vault everyday, and I have also looked through every character on the vault in case anyone wonders!

Right onto the other thing,

Sunglass Squirtle is a no go, mainly because in PM you can put on the sunglasses as a taunt, as for the Ninja Squirtle I'm planning to replace it with the Shinobi one a while back (Anything new in PM, aka 3.5 will be added into the build if that helps!)

As for Ganon I'm 100% planning to add that glorious phantom ganon costume, might work on updating Beast Ganon model/texture to make it fit in even more, we'll see!

As for Link, there's a lot planned for link with I'm just waiting in for before I can make any decisions, I'm planning to use IWG's release of FD Link simply becuase it's a whole new model and it's glorious as anything I can imagine for an FD Link.

Though idea's do mean a lot and if anyone does wonder why I don't put X costume in over X, I can explain if you're curious, just hit me a message here and I'll reply giving my reasoning! It's all good fun at the end of the day!

I'm getting all hyped for those costumes, his work is 10/10 stuff to my eyes, even moreso being full optimised and having expressions, I can't wait! (Well I certainly can wait because creating these will take a lot of time but you know what I mean haha!) and I agree, the FD link is a whole new model and an updated on at that!

Those HW textures fit really well in Brawl if you ask me! (Hint: Speaking of which, for my update on Skyward Sheik model, I'll be updating the textures using a style from there)

But then this Fierce Deity model that I linked would fit in the style.

The Hyrule Warrior's models look out of place.
From seeing the screenshots in game I think they look really nice, another factor is that they're lagless, got custom expressions and feel smooth from the looks of it, though I can see why people would see it that way haha, we'll see how it goes though!

or you can just wait for the release and pop in all the stuff you want into it
This also!

I'm not going to add really weird rules like "Don't add stuff to my build!" When to me, at the end of the day it isn't entirely my build, I'm just putting together what I think is the best of the best on the vault and everywhere and putting them together, it's something for everyone and the community as a whole!

MINI UPDATE:

- Sorry for the late update again! No matter how many times I say it I feel bad for leaving these things so long! I'll be back on track now, lots of things happening around me with work and various projects, also working on modelling and learning various things so I can update costumes and make a even better release! I'm off to work now so I shall return later!

Last edited:

theTRUEchamp

Smash Apprentice
Can somebody clarify something for me? This is more for when the new cBliss comes out, but for example, say I wanted to add Mars ROB as a red team alt for him. Would I then just forget about the last slot that would have normally been there (FitRobot15) and just not put anything there? Thanks in advance.

MagicManNo9

Hahaha, I already have Puff planned out for what choices I'll be picking funny enough!

Kind of curious on this question.

So on a scale of a 100% how much of the stages are competitive friendly?
That's a hard one to say, I'd say 70% maybe? I plan to keep all of the PM stages in (Maybe switch out Castlevania with a Luigi's themed mansion one on the vault maybe) So we'll see!

I'm sorry if people ask you this a lot but, do you have a estimated time for this awesome build to be realesed? It's just that I'm really hyped hahahahaha
No need to apologise! It's all good, sadly I have no estimate on release, though I'm currently waiting for a CBliss update to come out hopefully soon (I say soon but I'm working on so many costumes) I'll do what I can though! And thank you! Glad to hear you're hyped for this!

the hype for codex build cannot be contained !
Thanks! I sometimes forget that a lot of people are looking forward to this, gets me really excited to know that!

Reading through the posts, you'd find that Codex explained that there's no set release date.
Pretty much this! Thank you!

Were you actually able to make havoc bones for the Focus Sash that Jigglypuff wears?
Make havoc bones for the focus sash? I don't think I would mess with the bones on the model in case it messes up haha.

Can somebody clarify something for me? This is more for when the new cBliss comes out, but for example, say I wanted to add Mars ROB as a red team alt for him. Would I then just forget about the last slot that would have normally been there (FitRobot15) and just not put anything there? Thanks in advance.
Fraid I unsure about this actually, mainly because I have no idea how the new CBliss will work, though hopefully it's more simple to work with so fingers crossed!

UPDATE:

Just a couple for today, though it may not seem like I've not been posting as much it's mainly because I'm working on a lot of things for the build that I can't post (Mainly non-csp related so that's why, fixes and tweaking of many models!) firstly I decided to go with Gold Falcon because the textures on that were slightly better than the Dr Stewart costume, updated on the front page and replace a blue costume, here's the CSP and BP:

And a Pit Update to few of his CSPs and BPs and model, mentioned in the fixing thread but Pit's bow stays the same color for some attacks so I fixed that, so here's the updated CSPs and BPS, Dark Pit costume has a different expression in this CSP, just like the Retro one haha! Here are the ones specifically:

Those were the ones I fixed up, the other models are totally fine, you can see the rest of Pit on the front page.

And for those that have been waiting for some update on one character, so here's a Toon Link update! Been focused on so many things today but got him done!

Toon Link:
CSPs

BPs

Notes:
- I switched out the Elzo Toon Link because the costume looked very similar to the default one, that and I wanted to add more variety to the costumes.
- After going back and forth on the idea, I went with using Toon Young Link, it's mainly the shoulders that caused a back and forth debate on it but in the end after playing a couple of games I chose to go with it, only thing I did is update the shield texture to the one that AlGeorgeRomo has because it looked too bright.
- I'm planning to switch out the Outset with the master sword fix later on.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha, I already have Puff planned out for what choices I'll be picking funny enough!

That's a hard one to say, I'd say 70% maybe? I plan to keep all of the PM stages in (Maybe switch out Castlevania with a Luigi's themed mansion one on the vault maybe) So we'll see!

No need to apologise! It's all good, sadly I have no estimate on release, though I'm currently waiting for a CBliss update to come out hopefully soon (I say soon but I'm working on so many costumes) I'll do what I can though! And thank you! Glad to hear you're hyped for this!

Thanks! I sometimes forget that a lot of people are looking forward to this, gets me really excited to know that!

Pretty much this! Thank you!

Make havoc bones for the focus sash? I don't think I would mess with the bones on the model in case it messes up haha.

Fraid I unsure about this actually, mainly because I have no idea how the new CBliss will work, though hopefully it's more simple to work with so fingers crossed!

UPDATE:

Just a couple for today, though it may not seem like I've not been posting as much it's mainly because I'm working on a lot of things for the build that I can't post (Mainly non-csp related so that's why, fixes and tweaking of many models!) firstly I decided to go with Gold Falcon because the textures on that were slightly better than the Dr Stewart costume, updated on the front page and replace a blue costume, here's the CSP and BP:

And a Pit Update to few of his CSPs and BPs and model, mentioned in the fixing thread but Pit's bow stays the same color for some attacks so I fixed that, so here's the updated CSPs and BPS, Dark Pit costume has a different expression in this CSP, just like the Retro one haha! Here are the ones specifically:

Those were the ones I fixed up, the other models are totally fine, you can see the rest of Pit on the front page.

And for those that have been waiting for some update on one character, so here's a Toon Link update! Been focused on so many things today but got him done!

Toon Link:
CSPs

BPs

Notes:
- I switched out the Elzo Toon Link because the costume looked very similar to the default one, that and I wanted to add more variety to the costumes.
- After going back and forth on the idea, I went with using Toon Young Link, it's mainly the shoulders that caused a back and forth debate on it but in the end after playing a couple of games I chose to go with it, only thing I did is update the shield texture to the one that AlGeorgeRomo has because it looked too bright.
- I'm planning to switch out the Outset with the master sword fix later on.
The 1 critique I have is that the majora's mask link has toon link's face and the OOT link has young link's face. It would be a little more fitting if the majora's mask face was more like young link's face and outfit. I don't have any entitlement, so if that is too much work, don't bother fixing it up. I would rather you finish the other costumes then change ones you already have.

Top Bottom