• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Project M 3.6] Custom Stagelist Creator Alpha

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
I understood everything here mostly, but what file do I replace with the 'rules' to make it appear on the SSS?
EDIT: Nvm, I got it.

Last edited:

JUSTN

Smash Apprentice
having some trouble with the pictures that u can insert into the css and sss. my css logo is half cut off even tho the picture showing up in brawlbox is fine. the sss picture with the rules and stage bans is just absent from the screen. pls help

Bazkip

Smash Master
having some trouble with the pictures that u can insert into the css and sss. my css logo is half cut off even tho the picture showing up in brawlbox is fine. the sss picture with the rules and stage bans is just absent from the screen. pls help
For the CSS the image needs to be 256x128, your file is likely too big.

Not sure what you might've done wrong with the rules pic, I'd say just try adding it again.

JUSTN

Smash Apprentice
For the CSS the image needs to be 256x128, your file is likely too big.

Not sure what you might've done wrong with the rules pic, I'd say just try adding it again.
Ok I'll try, but now I have a new problem. My CSS logo is now completely gone and my rules logo is now cut off and unreadable. I replaced the images but I'll try again with what u said.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Ok I'll try, but now I have a new problem. My CSS logo is now completely gone and my rules logo is now cut off and unreadable. I replaced the images but I'll try again with what u said.
Make sure you aren't changing the size of the rules image either.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I thoroughly suck at this
I'd give money to anyone who'd make a program that allows me to drag&drop stages and change the color of their outline in a handy way. Yes, really.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I opened my 3.5's common5.pac and there is no sc_character_en tree, all I have is the tree for sc_stage_en tree.

Anyone know where I can get a common5.pac where I can insert logos?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I opened my 3.5's common5.pac and there is no sc_character_en tree, all I have is the tree for sc_stage_en tree.

Anyone know where I can get a common5.pac where I can insert logos?
Are you using the default common5? If so, it should be in there. I would redownload 3.5 and grab it out of there.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Are you using the default common5? If so, it should be in there. I would redownload 3.5 and grab it out of there.
I redownloaded 3.5, I went with Hackless Wii (Full Set), opened to common5 and I still get the same problem.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026

hwangbro

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to get this to work using the 3.5 Netplay RSBE01.gct? I ended up with a screen like this

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

I thoroughly suck at this
I'd give money to anyone who'd make a program that allows me to drag&drop stages and change the color of their outline in a handy way. Yes, really.
http://www.lakora.us/brawl/ssseditor/
http://www.lakora.us/brawl/stagemanager/

First for positioning the SSS
Second for draging image files onto a stage.

@ SOJ SOJ

Might want to include those in the OP?

I also made a SSS and common5 for the 'Proposed Standardises Ruleset' Topic.
If you want to include it in the OP as one of the sample stagelists?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsg87fe6759c7dn/Proposed Standardised Stagelist.7z?dl=0

Leland527

Smash Rookie
Can you explain what I have done wrong if it looks like this? (If the image doesn't work the second page is exactly as I wanted it but the first page is messed up and has two in the top row on the right side, three in the middle row and two squished together on the bottom) I have also pasted my lines of code for this. If it is important, this was done with the netplay build (I just replaced the project m folder with my folder and edited the RSBE01.gct
(http://imgur.com/gxcA26J)

7CBE2B78 7C7D1B78
2D05FFFF 418A0014
006B929C 0000000A
066B99D8 0000000A
0C150120 181C0F00
1A230000 00000000
006B92A4 00000015
066B9A58 00000015
0A0E0409 1716031F
060D2802 14252B22
1E191208 1B000000
06407AAC 00000058

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Just wondering - I know the whole Starter, CP, Banned previews have already been made for official PM stages - but is there an actual blank template for making Starter, CP, Banned previews?

Like just a blank 160x160 image with the colored text only?

Aingeal

Smash Rookie
Hey SOJ, there doesnt seem to be an addon menu on my launcher screen. All I see are the icons prompting the following options: "Play", "Update", "About", and "Exit".

I downloaded the starter pack and copied it to the root of my card just as instructed.

*Edit*
Nevermind, I figured it out. Thank you, though

Last edited:

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
kk, so I have the icons working on the SSS, but they seem to have randomly broken in the 'My Music' section, with it still having the old icons that I just changed out (which was from this pack, just was rearranging my legal stages again). Any reason why this would happen?

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
I already have a modded Common5 and I just want the CSS Logo.
If I replace my common5's MiscData[30] with the Starter Pack's MiscData[30], will the logo work?

Pwii

Smash Apprentice
Is there somewhere people post their finished sss packs? I think it'd be fun to see what everyone comes up with.

Dylan Shepard

Smash Rookie
To the people that get janky looking stage lists after changing the hex code, remember to replace the numbers on page 2 if you swapped them in for one on page one. For example, on the 11 stage starter I switched out Lylat for Yoshi's Story, and Skyloft for PS1. I was having the same problem until I remembered to change the code for page two so that there are no duplicate stages in the code.

Edit: also make sure to eject your sd card properly
Here is my build for our school sponsored tournament tomorrow

Last edited:

Dracrius

Smash Rookie
What do I have to do to get multi part levels to load properly in custom slots? I've got everything for my SSS but every time I try and start Poke Floats 2 dolphin freezes! Its ment to replace final destination and comes in 2 parts STGPOKEFLOATS2DAYTIME.pac and STGPOKEFLOATS2NIGHTTIME.PAC which I renamed stgcutom01_01.pac and stgcutom01_02.pac like other multi part levels. I even tried just one to see if it would work, but I can't find instructions for these kind of levels anywhere!

Aqualad

Smash Rookie
Do you need to copy every file in the extracted stagelist rar file, or just the one marked copy?

Narpas_sword

i dont use the addons menu, i find it easier to just put the sd card in your pc, and stick the files in place (common5 and codeset.gct)

You should be overwriting the default ones (or rename the default ones to something like common5Default.pac and leave them on the sd card incase you want to change back)

Try4se

Smash Rookie
NNID
Try4se
3DS FC
2836-0182-9515
So, I replaced the RSBE01.gct on my sd card, with the 12 stages option from the original post, and then booted up Project M. Unfortunately this was my result.

I am relatively new to modding in general, so help is appreciated.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Can we get the codes and stuff for the stages in 3.6? I'd like to get started building a tournament stagelist for my local scene.

Frost | Odds

There's a tool?

Damn. Does it support separate singles/doubles lists? If not, how do I edit the individual icons to display Starter/CP/Banned for Singles/Doubles?

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

There's a tool?

Damn. Does it support separate singles/doubles lists? If not, how do I edit the individual icons to display Starter/CP/Banned for Singles/Doubles?
http://www.lakora.us/brawl/ssseditor/
http://www.lakora.us/brawl/stagemanager/

First for positioning the SSS
Second for draging image files onto a stage.

@ SOJ SOJ

Might want to include those in the OP?

I also made a SSS and common5 for the 'Proposed Standardises Ruleset' Topic.
If you want to include it in the OP as one of the sample stagelists?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsg87fe6759c7dn/Proposed Standardised Stagelist.7z?dl=0
the tool arranges the SSS
you need the images yourself. use photoshop or gimp

you could theoretically make a singles list on page 1 and a doubles list on page 2 of the SSS

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

I think the best approach is to have a single overlay for a stage that displays its legality for both singles and doubles. I'm pretty sure I've seen stuff like that, but don't recall where. If it already exists, great - but I'm not above making my own.

Signdog

Smash Rookie
can someone tell me the font used in the stage portraits? ie: starter, counter pick, banned. i need to create one that says doubles only. thank you :)

Top Bottom