• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Project M 3.6] Custom Stagelist Creator Alpha

FifthCPU

Smash Apprentice
Thank you very much SOJ! I love seeing tools like this, and it should make running tourney builds much easier/user-friendly for everyone!

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
What exactly is the bug?

Really cool stuff though, this will be way more convenient.
Training Room was put over "Wifi Waiting Room" which normally doesn't have a spot on the SSS and also doesn't have a spot in My Music. Instead it just puts a blank icon that will freeze if you click on it. To "fix" this in 3.6, all I did was hide that icon on My Music manually. It's a jank fix that only works manually though.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
This was a godsend, but noticed something iffy about the 19-stage setup (7 top, 7 middle, 5 bottom). On the bottom row, all but the 2nd stage's icons are shifted a tad to the right. My page 2 uses the regular 21 stages and seems to have normal placements (included for comparison).

Is anyone else having this issue with the 19-stage setup, or any others? Took me a few games to even notice it, but it does irk me a bit now that I have aha.

McWaffles

Still grinding to be decent.
Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
I have a bug where, after I did everything, I go into stage builder to load PM, and theres this custom stage titled "1" that only sits there and loads. Can't delete, NOTHING.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure it's caused by this program? Have you tried either not inserting an SD card or using vanilla codes?

McWaffles

Still grinding to be decent.
Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
Are you sure it's caused by this program? Have you tried either not inserting an SD card or using vanilla codes?
yes, I have everything running now. But its not just 12 stages that show up, its like everything on the first page.

Bobdacat

Smash Rookie
On a mac you can't just drag the text file onto the gctconverter file and if i change the completed txt file straight into the gct file and boot up project m it says too many lines of code and loads up brawl

VicViper

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to specifically pick out which stages you want to label as banned?

Wanna be able to have all the stages I'm ok with playing with on page 1 for convenience, but not all of them are used in tournaments

Agi

Smash Lord
Is there a way to specifically pick out which stages you want to label as banned?

Wanna be able to have all the stages I'm ok with playing with on page 1 for convenience, but not all of them are used in tournaments
You could always use BrawlBox, downloading the PM Custom Stagelist Creator Alpha folder will give you access to all the image files you'll need to manually replace them.

On my end, getting the stagelist is done just fine, thanks for the tool. Though - I'm getting some weirdness with the stage select icon. I don't know where to find it in sc_selmap, but in-game it looks roughly like this. Any idea what's going on there?

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
On a mac you can't just drag the text file onto the gctconverter file and if i change the completed txt file straight into the gct file and boot up project m it says too many lines of code and loads up brawl
I'm sorry I really don't know how this works on a Mac. Is there any way you can use Parallels or something to do this with windows? Otherwise google shows some other options such as this: https://geckocodes.org/index.php?gct=

This was a godsend, but noticed something iffy about the 19-stage setup (7 top, 7 middle, 5 bottom). On the bottom row, all but the 2nd stage's icons are shifted a tad to the right. My page 2 uses the regular 21 stages and seems to have normal placements (included for comparison).

Is anyone else having this issue with the 19-stage setup, or any others? Took me a few games to even notice it, but it does irk me a bit now that I have aha.
Sorry slight oversight. I'll fix that soon.

No because I coded this dynamically. It automatically makes all the top rows counterpicks, bottom row starters, and second page banned. But yeah like agidius said you can simply grab all the textures from the folders included in the download yourself.

You could always use BrawlBox, downloading the PM Custom Stagelist Creator Alpha folder will give you access to all the image files you'll need to manually replace them.

On my end, getting the stagelist is done just fine, thanks for the tool. Though - I'm getting some weirdness with the stage select icon. I don't know where to find it in sc_selmap, but in-game it looks roughly like this. Any idea what's going on there?
What am I looking at here? It just shows a black square for me. What do you mean by the stage select icon?

Agi

Smash Lord
What am I looking at here? It just shows a black square for me. What do you mean by the stage select icon?
My bad, I shouldn't have done a direct image link. http://imgur.com/TPXlkLZ
The little cursor you move around the stage select menu is what I'm talking about - MenSelmapCursor, MenSelmapCursor2, and MenSelmapCursor3 seem to be the image files. I've got a black rectangle hovering over mine for whatever reason, maybe a missing file in miscData[80]?

EDIT: Alright, turns out it was - at least, there was something wrong with the miscData[80] folder. I fixed my cursor by exporting a clean MiscData[80] folder, deleting all the files relating to the stages, and using the Replace All tool on my modded MiscData[80] folder to import the clean one. The second page does still have duplicates of the legal stages on them, but that's on me.

Last edited:

Menk

Smash Cadet
I had an issue with it not replacing the colored textures for stages that aren't normally legal. My locals have delfino and hyrule as legal counterpicks in doubles, but they had red borders after following the instructions in your post. All other stages I used came out fine.

I just replaced them manually in brawlbox so not too big of a deal, just thought you should know. This is the easiest and best custom stagelist maker we've ever had, thank you so much.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Hyurle? If they're coming out red on the first page then you might have them on the second page as well.

Last edited:

Dracule

Smash Cadet
NNID
BryanZamora
This is amazing and I've been looking for something like this for a while but I'm already having trouble in the first step sadly. When I try to open the index.html the webpage is impossible to work with because its only text in a white background. There are no images and it just looks odd. I have attched a screenshot of my computer screen showing what the webpage looks like. Can someone please help me? :(
Screenshot 2015-10-27 08.50.09.png

Dracule

Smash Cadet
NNID
BryanZamora
Nevermind, got it to work. I forgot that it was still in the zip folder when I was trying to up it up. My b.

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
"An error occurred while processing:

009019B0"

What did I do wrong? I did everything you said, I made a 24 slot first page and 17 slot second page, and after copy/pasting the codes to RSBE01.txt over the last code I get this when I drag it to gctconvert.exe.

WalkrOfSky

Smash Rookie
Thank you very much for making this tool! Does this allow you to use the alternate stages in place of the normal one, such as alternate Bowser's castle? If not, how do you do that?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Bazkip

Smash Master
Thank you very much for making this tool! Does this allow you to use the alternate stages in place of the normal one, such as alternate Bowser's castle? If not, how do you do that?

Thanks in advance for any help :)
Bowser's Castle is STGKART.pac, the alt is STGKART_Z.pac
Switching them is as simple as changing the file names.

WalkrOfSky

Smash Rookie
Awesome! Thanks a lot! I'll probably try to convince my scene to switch after Christmas, as right now we're still running Paragon rules.

Sundark

Smash Apprentice
Quick question, does swapping the filenames swap the portraits, too? So that the alternate is the bigger picture? I'm thinking so but I'd like to know for sure.

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet
Can somebody please guide me on how to mod project M? I Don't have much I need, just basic things like having sounds from version 3.5 to version 3.6; like the narrator, sounds, Bowser's victory theme, etc. There are also music songs I want to add and move around from stages, like the Fortress/Boss from Luigi's Mansion to Bowser's Castle. I want to add Planet Zebes 64 to either Brinstar or Nofair. I've never modded in my life and it may seem simple as moving folders but I don't know the names of the folders or where to find them and what to download, I need a step by step instructions or I'll get lost and mess up. I'm not technically inclined on these kinds of things so if you can be patient with me, I'd like to just enjoy project M the way it is but with my own simple taste.

The major thing I want to change is definitely out of my league cuz' it involves changing characters moves. I don't have much I want change. I want Snake's down Smash to be the RPG that used to be his Forward Smash move. I want Wario's chomp to chomp more than once like how he did in Brawl. I want Warioman's shoulder bash to travel a far distance at fast speed like how he did in Brawl. That's always fun. I want Lucario's double team back but I also want the player to initiate an attack of w/e, even a B move. I also want Ganondorf's B to be the Warlock Blade rather than his down taunt because the computer cannot figure how to use the B levitate move when in the air. Just make that like Mewtwo's levitate when he jumps. That's all in regards of movesets.

I do have a question. One time, I saw a video of someone modding Wily's Castle in project M. Is that possible? If so, can we bring some stages from Smash 4 to Project M? Can we bring Lucina in? I have a moveset written for her so she won't be a clone of Marth... much anyway.

Shulkle

Smash Rookie
NNID
evilbowserboy
3DS FC
5386-8026-1641
Am I the only person not seeing the toggle for colored borders?

Shulkle

Smash Rookie
NNID
evilbowserboy
3DS FC
5386-8026-1641
What font do the Stage Portraits Use?

Last edited:

Iceballz

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to add the Stage Icons to the sc_selmap.pac, while putting them into Misc(80).But it's crashing.What's my problem?
*Nevermind, I'm stupid because I wasn't doing something properly on the mac until I fixed it.

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Question -- I know that the number of stages on each page are limited to 9 at min and 27 at max for the stagelist creator alpha, but is there a way to rearrange pages with over 27 stages?

I already know about the SSS Editor program, and the stage expansion packs. But I'm not looking to add new stages (just moving 10-11 of the stages from page 1 to page 2, bringing it up to a total of 31-32 stages), and the SSS editor also has limits on the number of stages displayed before it starts screwing icon placements up (only neatly arranges 15-26, 29, 36-39). But since the min/max limits for this stagelist creator and the SSS editor differ, I figured it might be possible to go further, and that the limits might only there because it'd be difficult to code into a UI-friendly program.

Last edited:

Overlord-Murasama

Smash Rookie
The saddest part is I thought this referred to the Stage Builder custom stages lol

Hope someone could re-add those, would be nice tbh

4tlas

Smash Lord
I copied the code without copying the SSS pac, causing the deformed SSS. MyMusic was also deformed.

I copied the SSS pac over as well. Now both are formatted correctly, except MyMusic now shows Saffron City in place of PS2 and shows the 3 tracks when I go into it (this is PM 3.6). How do I revert this part only?

Question -- I know that the number of stages on each page are limited to 9 at min and 27 at max for the stagelist creator alpha, but is there a way to rearrange pages with over 27 stages?

I already know about the SSS Editor program, and the stage expansion packs. But I'm not looking to add new stages (just moving 10-11 of the stages from page 1 to page 2, bringing it up to a total of 31-32 stages), and the SSS editor also has limits on the number of stages displayed before it starts screwing icon placements up (only neatly arranges 15-26, 29, 36-39). But since the min/max limits for this stagelist creator and the SSS editor differ, I figured it might be possible to go further, and that the limits might only there because it'd be difficult to code into a UI-friendly program.
There's bound to be. There were Brawl mods before PM that had tons of stages on the SSS. Don't know where to help you find them though.

Top Bottom