• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Project M 3.6] Custom Stagelist Creator Alpha

CaptainUnicornPants

Smash Rookie
UPDATE!

I've finished enough features to release an Alpha. There's still some more stuff I want to add but I'm satisfied with it enough to fully release.

Instructions

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/63a28mdt3brgiss/PM_Custom_Stagelist_Creator_Alpha.zip
BrawlBox v0.76b: https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/releases/download/v0.76b_h2/BrawlBox.v0.76b.Hotfix.2.exe

1) Extract the contents of that zip to a folder. You should see the file "index.html". Open that up.

2) Use the drop down menus to create your stagelist. If you would like to color code the textures, click "Use colored stagelist textures"

3) Click "Generate codes" and if you had the stagelist textures checked it will automatically download a file called "stagelist Textures.bat". SAVE THIS TO THE ROOT OF THE EXTRACTED FOLDER

4) Highlight and copy all the codes that were generated underneath your stagelist.

5) Open RSBE01.txt and scroll all the way to the bottom. You will see a "Custom Stage Select Screen" code already there. Replace that entire code with the code you just copied from the webpage.

6) Save that text file and drag and drop it onto "gctconvert.exe". This will generate a file called "RSBE01.gct".

7 (optional) If you chose to use color coded textures, run the "stagelist Textures.bat" file (sorry this is Windows only for now)

8 (optional) Open sc_selmap.pac and right click on "MiscData[80]". Click "Replace All" and then find the "miscData80" folder inside your Custom Stagelist Creator folder. Click ok and click ok again when it prompts you. Save and close this file.

9) Put RSBE01.gct in the codes folder on your SD card. Put sc_selmap.pac in the folder: SD:/projectm/pf/menu2/ Both of these files are necessary for this to work whether you modified sc_selmap.pac or not.

Some important notes: Putting Training Room on your Stagelist will cause a bug in My Music. This has a band-aid fix in vanilla 3.6 but unfortunately there is nothing I can do to fix it in custom stagelists. Also including the same stage on page 1 and 2 will over-write the texture and make it banned.

Let me know if you guys have any more questions. I've made a tutorial video to show how this new version works.

Is this doable with custom stages present? I have Legacy 1.3

Spigel

Smash Cadet
Training Room was put over "Wifi Waiting Room" which normally doesn't have a spot on the SSS and also doesn't have a spot in My Music. Instead it just puts a blank icon that will freeze if you click on it. To "fix" this in 3.6, all I did was hide that icon on My Music manually. It's a jank fix that only works manually though.
Please, can you tell me how it was "fixed"?, I'm interested to hide all of my STGCUSTOM from My Music menu, just like Hanenbow and Training Room. Thanks

Last edited:

GGSoapMan

Smash Rookie
When I tried the builder, I ended up with the stages I chose, but they were thrown all around the screen in random positions. I didn't attempt to use the color outlines. Do you know how to fix this?

4tlas

Smash Lord
When I tried the builder, I ended up with the stages I chose, but they were thrown all around the screen in random positions. I didn't attempt to use the color outlines. Do you know how to fix this?
Update your selmap.pac as per the instructions in the OP and it should work.

Mr. PotatoBread

Smash Cadet
I have a small problem with the RSBE01.gct generated - when i use the code it causes Samus's side tounts (the one used for changing to ice samus) to take twice as long. Problem has been reproduced on several wiis

OOODFOOD

Smash Rookie
this is probably really late but I'm trying to add my regions custom stage list to the Olympus build, i want to keep the codes in the build but just add my stages, does anyone know how to do this?

4tlas

Smash Lord
this is probably really late but I'm trying to add my regions custom stage list to the Olympus build, i want to keep the codes in the build but just add my stages, does anyone know how to do this?
We did not use this code for the Olympus build, but instead use one that swaps which stages are in which locations. I doubt they are compatible.

Also, the Custom Stagelist Creator modifies the selmap file. I do not know exactly what it does, so I cant be sure of how to merge it with the other edits to the stage select screen. Basically, we would have to put in your custom stagelist first to keep the pretty white and black theme, as far as I know.

I can tell you how to edit the code I put in that changes the order of the stages if you like, but that's about it. You're on your own for anything else, sorry.

OOODFOOD

Smash Rookie
We did not use this code for the Olympus build, but instead use one that swaps which stages are in which locations. I doubt they are compatible.

Also, the Custom Stagelist Creator modifies the selmap file. I do not know exactly what it does, so I cant be sure of how to merge it with the other edits to the stage select screen. Basically, we would have to put in your custom stagelist first to keep the pretty white and black theme, as far as I know.

I can tell you how to edit the code I put in that changes the order of the stages if you like, but that's about it. You're on your own for anything else, sorry.
what program did you use to edit the stages SSSeditor? ive tried converting the gct file back into txt so i could delete the codes for the stages and replace it with mine but it ended up just freezing the game.

4tlas

Smash Lord
what program did you use to edit the stages SSSeditor? ive tried converting the gct file back into txt so i could delete the codes for the stages and replace it with mine but it ended up just freezing the game.
I used SSSeditor, yes. There are a lot of other codes in there too, so be careful.

Using SSSeditor on it again should work just fine, though.

OOODFOOD

Smash Rookie
I used SSSeditor, yes. There are a lot of other codes in there too, so be careful.

Using SSSeditor on it again should work just fine, though.
ive tried doing this but all it seems to do is freeze when i load up the game. if i gave you the code would you be able to do it for me ?

OOODFOOD

Smash Rookie
or alternatively, what is the code for your stagelist so i can make sure im changing the correct codeset. thanks in advance

kupruileva

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone!

I am having a problem with this tool :| I am trying to change PM 3.6 netplay builds SSS. I got it working and all but this little thing appears in CSS https://puu.sh/vdysi/0976bb4944.png (under zero suit and left to marth) If I hover on that the emulation crashes..

Also in settings all items are now ON and all stages are ON in random stage switch.. And wait.. there's more.. Now I am getting challenger approaches things too.. so basically this messed the game up (not much but annoyingly much)

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate that :)

Top Bottom