• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 Released!

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
urgh, When are they going to make some .wad files and create a Project M Wii Channel? I'm getting tired of booting the HBC every time, plus it's not that hard to make a channel. Please have a channel next update?

Paquito

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed some features missing from the 3.5 build I downloaded Saturday morning. Specifically, Link's new down taunt (the playable ocarina), and Bower's up-B using the air up-B physics when you slide off a platform. Has anyone else noticed this? Was the release updated since I downloaded it?

(I know I definitely have a 3.5 build, since the title screens say so, the N64 Hyrule level is reskinned, and Gannon & Zelda's updated B moves are present)

Paquito

Smash Journeyman
Release the taunt button faster. Same as the Navi taunt.
Thanks! Anyone know if I'm misunderstanding what's meant by Bowser's Up-B taking on it's "air physics" when he goes off the platform with it?

**EDIT** I had this answered for me in the Bowser forum:

It doesn't arc because it's still a grounded UpB. The note is saying that you don't fall at different speeds depending on if you're on the ground or air anymore. They both fall at the same floaty speed as an aerial UpB now.

Last edited:

Ultimate Sneeze

Smash Apprentice
I figured once 3.5 dropped, I could finally find someone who just felt really good, and then pick them as my main. I could focus with out worrying, because I would know no big changes were incoming.

Well.

I like every single character, and I'm not saying that as some weird anonymous way of sucking up, literally every single character feels fun, smooth, and at the very least, relatively viable. I may just have to RNG this **** and take whatever destiny gives me, because there's no way I can just choose.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
idk where to post this but i'm sure as hell not making a new thread. :v

so debug mode... i can already see how that's going to kill every casual match i play. consider the following: me and my buddy are playing a game of PM, wherein i am of course melting the poor sod's humanesque face with shinywavypewpewtechnomajik and in an act of desperate confusion the victim attempts to break out of my combo via a bizarre form of hand and controller osmosis that inadvertently summons the OP as **** DEBUG MODE. oh no that's cool, i didn't want the camera to follow me back to battlefield after that magnificent dair spike that i barely had any chance of recovering from anyway. new tier list: debug mode camera > your favorite character > jigglypuff.

dramatization aside, couldn't you guys make the debug mode switch a little less omnipresent? maybe molest whatever divine line of code present in the game that prevents players from taking snapshots during a match? i'll assume the answer is "we tried that and an orphanage blew up and we obviously didn't like that so it's not an option."

Last edited:

Marxally

Smash Apprentice
First time I've played Project M, and this was my reaction.

When I saw the menu, and when I saw the fighters.

Last edited:

cmart

Smash Lord
idk where to post this but i'm sure as hell not making a new thread. :v

so debug mode... i can already see how that's going to kill every casual match i play. consider the following: me and my buddy are playing a game of PM, wherein i am of course melting the poor sod's humanesque face with shinywavypewpewtechnomajik and in an act of desperate confusion the victim attempts to break out of my combo via a bizarre form of hand and controller osmosis that inadvertently summons the OP as **** DEBUG MODE. oh no that's cool, i didn't want the camera to follow me back to battlefield after that magnificent dair spike that i barely had any chance of recovering from anyway. new tier list: debug mode camera > your favorite character > jigglypuff.

dramatization aside, couldn't you guys make the debug mode switch a little less omnipresent? maybe molest whatever divine line of code present in the game that prevents players from taking snapshots during a match? i'll assume the answer is "we tried that and an orphanage blew up and we obviously didn't like that so it's not an option."
Toggle pause to hold to disable debug

Kupogane

Smash Rookie
Hi there,
I have a problem with downloading [Project M 3.5 Homebrew Option Zip Full Set] it just starts to download and then it failed a few of my friends tried it too but it failed as well. I really wanna play 3.5 and have no clue what to do so pls help.
(sry for my bad english there)

TreK

Is "that guy"
Any estimation of when 3.5 will be available in PAL version ?

I could use a few more setups for the tourney I'm hosting this week end

HolyGrunt

Smash Rookie
Thanks! Do you know if it works with SDHC cards or not?
I recommend using "letterbomb" to launch Project M. You just input the MAC address of your Wii (found under settings, internet, my console or something like that) and it gives you a file to throw on your SDcard, right next to PM (make sure you uncheck the hackmii installer bundle)

You just turn on your Wii, go to the bottom right of the main screen to navigate to the "mail". Whatever day you make the letter Bomb file on will be the day that its attached to on the calender. I use this with the hackless version of PM and I get into it 5 seconds after the main wii screen boots.
You might have to swap a day forward on the mail menu, wait 2 seconds, then come back to get the letter to appear if the current day on your wii is the same day you make the letterbomb file.

Say its currently the 17th, you made a letterbomb file today as well. Navigate to the mail, swap to the 18th for a few seconds, then swap back to the 17th and wait a few more seconds.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
I recommend using "letterbomb" to launch Project M. You just input the MAC address of your Wii (found under settings, internet, my console or something like that) and it gives you a file to throw on your SDcard, right next to PM (make sure you uncheck the hackmii installer bundle)

You just turn on your Wii, go to the bottom right of the main screen to navigate to the "mail". Whatever day you make the letter Bomb file on will be the day that its attached to on the calender. I use this with the hackless version of PM and I get into it 5 seconds after the main wii screen boots.
You might have to swap a day forward on the mail menu, wait 2 seconds, then come back to get the letter to appear if the current day on your wii is the same day you make the letterbomb file.

Say its currently the 17th, you made a letterbomb file today as well. Navigate to the mail, swap to the 18th for a few seconds, then swap back to the 17th and wait a few more seconds.
I used to always use Letterbomb, but...
1. The actual letterbomb always appeared on the same day, so after while I had to go back a few months to launch PM.
2. Letterbomb launches slowly. Having to start the HBC then the Project M Launcher is still faster than having to launch Letterbomb

Gords

Smash Champion
I have a problem with project M v3.5 in that it doesnt seem to have any new alts installed. I am not sure if this is the only things missing as of yet but everytime i download the homebrew full set and put it on my SD card i cant see the alts. I have tried downloading from the pm website (which at the time of typing this post wasn't even working for me) as well as their mediafire mirror. has anyone else had this problem? Can someone please let me know if its the download or my Wii/SD card thats the issue and how i may solve it?

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
If someone wouldn't mind could they post all the debug mode button combinations and instructions somewhere. I'm getting bits and pieces of information from different locations and getting myself confused.

Adelvos

Smash Rookie
Hey um dumb question, but what are the songs used in both the 3.0 and 3.5 trailers of PM? Been looking ad I can't seem to find them.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Hey um dumb question, but what are the songs used in both the 3.0 and 3.5 trailers of PM? Been looking ad I can't seem to find them.
3.0 -> Feint - Homebound
3.5 -> James Egbert - Autumn's Fading Sun

Both in the descriptions of the videos >_>

kaidden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jkaidden
  • Does anyone know if you can play this online with your wiI and if so can you please tell me how

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
I downloaded this and i keep getting the message "EXCEPTION DSI OCCURRED". Any solutions?

punch

Smash Cadet
I am unable to play online. Help!

I downloaded 3.5 hackless wifi safe.

Then I deleted my Brawl save.

Then I launched the game.

A popup notification asks me to create a save file.

I choose "continue without saving" option.

Then go to stage builder.

Another popup notification tells me this feature is unavailable, prohibiting me from launching PM.

When I don't delete my save I receive the "EXCEPTION DSI OCCURRED" screen. Help!

Last edited:

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
I am unable to play online. Help!

I downloaded 3.5 hackless wifi safe.

Then I deleted my Brawl save.

Then I launched the game.

A popup notification asks me to create a save file.

I choose "continue without saving" option.

Then go to stage builder.

Another popup notification tells me this feature is unavailable, prohibiting me from launching PM.

When I don't delete my save I receive the "EXCEPTION DSI OCCURRED" screen. Help!
Make a new save file WITHOUT the SD card inserted, delete the three custom stages you get with every new save file, turn off your Wii, reinsert the SD card, start Brawl, then see if it works! (I never played Project M because I'm European, but I know launching/installing bit!)

TreK

Is "that guy"
When's PAL version ?

I was told "by the end of the year" but they didn't tell me which year.

Top Bottom