• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.02 Released! (Changelog in post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGameCrazy

Smash Cadet
Guess that explains why the site has been down this morning. I hope that gets resolved soon.

Edit: Thank goodness it's back up now.

Last edited:

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
Guess that explains why the site has been down this morning. I hope that gets resolved soon.

Edit: Thank goodness it's back up now.
It's fluxuating between the Cloudflare error page and up for me, anyone got some mirror links?

iLLuMinati_EYE

Smash Apprentice
jesus christ i tried so many methods but i still have the problem of missing xml file can someone post up video tutorial please

iLLuMinati_EYE

Smash Apprentice
im uisng the latest version forgot which one exactly but im actually emulating the game via dolphin i was able to run version 3.0 perfectly but this .xml file ****ing everything up lol btw i downloaded the homebrew full set aswell as the hombrew launcher, im able to update the launcher i just can't update project m 3.0

iLLuMinati_EYE

Smash Apprentice
so i finally got the upgrade from 3.0 to 3.01 window to pop up only problem is when it finishes downloading the update i get an error saying MD5 mismatch and it continiously trys to download the update but i get the same error any suggestions???

ArashiNoKishi

Smash Rookie
I updated yesterday to 3.02 and is great having the rematch feature, but the combination on wii mote + nunchuk is unkown for me.
Also the "hey! listen!" from Link's special taunt doen't sound... T.T

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
When the new update comes, will having extra files or folders like common5CUSTOM.pac interfere with the update feature of the launcher?

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
You came close to Turbo enlightenment, but you lost it when you questioned yourself. Continue your training, acolyte Fart.
Figured it out. Apparently, turning on Input Assist makes this possible(which I was only using to help cope with the lag of an HDTV).

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
Still no final smashes for the Poke Trio? Aw man...
It's not because of lack of ideas or lack of wish for them to get FS's, but rather lack of a way to do it with them. Basically, since they already had a Final Smash programmed in Brawl, when they were still technically one character with 3 different movesets and one unified Final Smash, they cannot find a way to make a new Final Smash for them yet.

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
Man they don't seem to care about those of us with Classic Controller or Wii motion plus controller issues. Seems like their only focus was the Gamecube controller.
Agree I play with the Wii control. It would be nice for them to work with it a little more like they did with the GC control also I downloaded pm and for some reason the tracks for some of the new stages are messed up

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
so I just found out from the bug reporting forum that the Timers have accidentally been turned back on... the same timers that violate PM's physics engine like nobody's business. after coming acrossed it by chance in Classic Mode here and there, I'm tempted to ask if we can make disabling it an option.

think about it, jump like there's low gravity, air dodge most of Final Destination's Length, and if you slip off the edge and try to grab it the game derps so hard it KOs you... I already commented on the thread in question, but still, I think this would make some really great troll moments, especially with four players. one guy grabs a timer and if time doesn't slow completely, they can watch everyone else going all over the place and laugh at their pitiful attempts at avoiding death.

and besides, items are optional anyways, most people would turn them off in a serious match... only people who found out in the first place were people who played with items for the hell of it. :troll:

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
There is no point in defragging an SD card or any flash memory. It will have no effect and shorten the card's lifespan.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
There is no point in defragging an SD card or any flash memory. It will have no effect and shorten the card's lifespan.
I don't know where you get off saying this. Often times when I have sound bugging out, if I delete every file on the SD card (which defrags it) and recopy every file onto it, it fixes the problem. If I simply delete the one audio file and paste it again, the problem persists.

Last edited:

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
You were told wrong. That's not what that word means. What you're describing is closer to formatting it, which is still different.

For good measure, here is where I "get off:"

http://ask-leo.com/should_i_defragment_my_usb_flash_drive.html

A good explanation of what defragging does and the difference between hard disks and flash memory.

TL;DR: defragging rearranges data so that the moving head wastes less time traveling to read them. This is not applicable to flash memory, and rearranging data only uses up rewrites which it has a finite amount of in its lifespan. The flash memory hardware is designed to distribute writes evenly.

Blade-Fox

Smash Apprentice
I just removed the songs that overlapped or messed up and then placed them back in with a backup from my backup copy of my build. It's worked great so far.

AsymptoteG

Smash Rookie
Is it just me or does this change log seem incomplete?

Two things I noticed right off the bat:
-Roy's neutral special, Flare Blade now only damages him only 10% when fully charged.
-Ness's Neutral B, PK flash is now easier to control from behind.
I believe Roy's charged blade always dealt 10% to him, and Ness's easier PK flash has been there since at least 3.0.

AsymptoteG

Smash Rookie
Are we on 3.02 now, or still just 3.01? The main site says 3.01, but the title of this thread says differently...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom