• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.02 Released! (Changelog in post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patar4097

Smash Rookie
Well, I've had trouble with this for quite a while now. I can get the launcher to show up, but I get problems, explained here. Although, something I noticed that was different between my SD card content, and the one shown here is that the gameconfig.txt doesn't show the .txt when I download it. Does this do anything, and why the heck is this not working? I've done EVERYTHING possible to fix it. Formatting multiple times, downloading multiple times, and it always does the same thing!

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I can't find the search feature on smashboards anymore.

I recall there being a post somewhere that listed the 4 files that changed from 3.01 to 3.02. Can anyone tell me what they are?

EDIT:
Still unanswered after a month...

Last edited:

Bearlift

Smash Rookie
OK so I downloaded the homebrew stuffs and this keep happening. Watch the video. This is SO frustrating. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I'm having the same issue as he is. When I hit play at the project m screen, the screen goes black until it loads up the Wii home screen. Any way to get around/Fix the issue? I've tried everything, from formatting and redownloading the info onto my sd card, and even tried a new card out as well. I'm trying the Hackless wifi version

patar4097

Smash Rookie
Make sure you have "gameconfig.txt". It's not just a random readme, so it has to be on the SD card root. I didn't have it and that was the problem for me...
It doesn't download like that though. Could I simply change the name, or would I have to completely remake the file or something?

Super-Smasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
awesomesauce425
3DS FC
4699-5514-7129
I'm having the same issue as he is. When I hit play at the project m screen, the screen goes black until it loads up the Wii home screen. Any way to get around/Fix the issue? I've tried everything, from formatting and redownloading the info onto my sd card, and even tried a new card out as well. I'm trying the Hackless wifi version
It is recommended that you use a 2gb card. Brawl does not support SD cards that are more than 2gb, meaning your SD card will not be read when you insert it.
I hope my advice will be helpful! :)

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
It is recommended that you use a 2gb card. Brawl does not support SD cards that are more than 2gb, meaning your SD card will not be read when you insert it.
I hope my advice will be helpful! :)
The launcher supports SD cards above 2gigs.

Ali Baba 177

Smash Journeyman
How is the lag when playing online using dolphin?? And do you guys find people are generally less then average in skill level?

Kati

Smash Lord
Keep in mind for the above it's only for homebrew users that you can use above 2GB SD cards.
Doesn't the hackless method boot up the pm launcher? if it does then the hackless method should work with larger cards.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
But the hackless can only launch through the stage builder. Homebrew can launch through the homebrew channel alone.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Do you think it would be possible to add an input in the Wiimote+Nunchuk setup?
I use up and down in the D-pad for smash attacks and the side buttons to grab, but now my play style is getting different so I need quick side smashes too, and sometimes my nunchuk doesn't react so well.
So I wanna ask if it would be possible to define de - (minus) button for grabs, as it is not used during gameplay.

Also, would you happen to change Samus' Ice Beam to de Down Taunt?. I know it's not a problem on the GCN Controller but it is really difficult to make Side Taunts in the Wiichuk, specially during the heat of the battle.

Seltracs

Smash Rookie
Hello, i ve been trying to play PM IN MY WII U, with an original copy of brawl, is it posible? I could run pm and play a game, but as soon as i habe finished one game and want to start another, my console freezes... Please help me !

Qsmash

Smash Cadet
Quick question, since I don't think this needs its own thread. Does Project M (hackless) still work on a Wii U? I got Wii U recently and I want some combos.

darktiko

Smash Cadet
NNID
epicShadowman
3DS FC
1950-9084-7402
I am so noob ;( I thought it would be a game you play on your computer that is like an upgraded brawl I was wrong (i dont have brawl my friend does and I play it. I still downloaded it and gave it to him on an SD card

Nebster173

Smash Rookie
What about making a better training mode with more options for the next update? Adding a damage ratio option, making the cpu constantly shield(and making it so that it doesn't break), making the cpu shield grab after the first hit... etc. I think implementing these would improve training mode.

SpartBagelz

Smash Rookie
does PM work on Wi-Fi? I would of thought it would have gone with the Nintendo servers.

POOB

Smash Journeyman
This is obviously completely biased since I main DK, but I don't see any reason that he SHOULDN'T have an aerial down b in the next build. What do you guys think? I mean, Strong Bad and Eli stopped maining the character for a reason. He needs SOME kind of change lol. Unless it's a coding issue, i don't see why he wouldn't have an aerial down b.

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Kinda like Smash 4 where it's the two slaps that sorta meteor/spike?
Just something that is actually useful to his metagame and accounts for his weaknesses/strengths. Whatever that may be. If it wasnt for the general recovery nerfng thing i would say some type of height booster that doesnt necessarily buff his horizontal recovery. An up b nerf but add something to boost his height with down b would be awesome

Edit: that would actually fall into what the pmbr is looking to do if they nerfed his up b and gave him a down b recovery method. It would make his recovery more balanced as far as horizontally vs vertically, and would have more skillful mixups while still being easy to edgeguard. Im just wishing, though lol

Last edited:

Nebster173

Smash Rookie
When is 3.5 going to get released? I know they haven't announced it, but any guesses? What is it closer to? A year, a month, a week? A couple of months? A couple of weeks?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
This is kind of an embarrassing question, but I really want to update to version 3.02, but I can't for the life of me find a link to it anywhere. Not here, and not on the official P:M site.

Can anyone help me find a link to 3.02 please? :(

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
This is kind of an embarrassing question, but I really want to update to version 3.02, but I can't for the life of me find a link to it anywhere. Not here, and not on the official P:M site.

Can anyone help me find a link to 3.02 please? :(
It's..on the main site.
http://projectmgame.com/en/download

Just choose the option for which method you use (hackless or homebrew)

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
So I'm just going to be slow and ask, I have 3.0 but I just now found out about 3.2, so do I take my SD card and download the file of 3.2 and erase the 3.0 file, or do I keep the 3.0 file alongside the 3.2 file?

Or is that all completely wrong.

Edit: Wait, is this completely fanmade and not official by the Project M team?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZdhA_YSUSE

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
So I'm just going to be slow and ask, I have 3.0 but I just now found out about 3.2, so do I take my SD card and download the file of 3.2 and erase the 3.0 file, or do I keep the 3.0 file alongside the 3.2 file?

Or is that all completely wrong.

Edit: Wait, is this completely fanmade and not official by the Project M team?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZdhA_YSUSE
if you never added any kind of skins or modifications to the vanilla copy, just go into the launcher and press update
well, the thing is the update feature works if you have 3.01 and not 3.0 because it was designed to get 3.02 while updating from 3.01, and since you're way behind the loop, you'll pretty much have to reformat the sd card and reinstall from scratch

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
if you never added any kind of skins or modifications to the vanilla copy, just go into the launcher and press update
well, the thing is the update feature works if you have 3.01 and not 3.0 because it was designed to get 3.02 while updating from 3.01, and since you're way behind the loop, you'll pretty much have to reformat the sd card and reinstall from scratch
I'll try to update it and if that doesn't work, I'll download 3.01 because I downloaded Project M months ago, so we'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom