• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.0 Trailer Released!

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Damn. I got shot down harder than a filthy, wiimote using casual, that is wanting a free-for-all with items... on Hanenbow.
Hey, maybe I had a long day at work and right as I get home I find out my Gamecube fell off of my desk and broke during a mini-earthquake, the only other controller I have is a nunchukless wiimote and I want to play some friendlies matches with some friends who are coming over, when they get here we picked random and it automatically sent us to hanenbow. Sure we weren`t playing competitively, but we were definitely having fun and I don`t see no problem with fun.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Hey, maybe I had a long day at work and right as I get home I find out my Gamecube fell off of my desk and broke during a mini-earthquake, the only other controller I have is a nunchukless wiimote and I want to play some friendlies matches with some friends who are coming over, when they get here we picked random and it automatically sent us to hanenbow. Sure we weren`t playing competitively, but we were definitely having fun and I don`t see no problem with fun.
Well at least you're not using items... wait... WHY THE HELL IS HANENBOW ON RANDOM?! That's the first stage I take out of random.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Literally nobody has ever used "filthy casual" in a sentence and has also been serious.

At least, I hope not.

Fortress

Smash Master
Literally nobody has ever used "filthy casual" in a sentence and has also been serious.

At least, I hope not.
I was going to say, my old roommates and I turn on items and the 'silly' stages every so often, and manage to have a goddamned blast.

Celestis

Smash Ace
Damn. I got shot down harder than a filthy, wiimote using casual, that is wanting a free-for-all with items... on Hanenbow.
You say this like the game is never meant to be played like that. its just as much a competitive game as it is a party game. Its why smash is so amazing. its all fun.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
I'm pretty sure that guy was just joking.
God yes, sometimes i think forums aren't a good place for people who don't know how to combine words to form sentences that are basically jokes

@generally epic, i'm sure you were just joking (i hope) but you shouldn't say that, not on this thread, and considering the amount of "hardcore" smashers that actually like to use items or wacky stages, you should be a liiiitle more careful man, just saying

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
God yes, sometimes i think forums aren't a good place for people who don't know how to combine words to form sentences that are basically jokes

@generally epic, i'm sure you were just joking (i hope) but you shouldn't say that, not on this thread, and considering the amount of "hardcore" smashers that actually like to use items or wacky stages, you should be a liiiitle more careful man, just saying
I was joking. A bit sardonically, though.
I don't mind items or wacky stages... ON BRAWL MINUS!

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Will this be the final version?
I've stopped myself from maxing out certain tech skill stuff in PM due to the risk of something being changed radically, hopefully I can practice obscure techskill stuff for 8 hours (while listening to lectures) with no worries in 3.0.

I understand you want the project to be open for changes due to possible glitches and possible lack of character balance once certain things have been discovered, but some kind of answer would be greatly appreciated. Also, you forgot to add nerfed pichu.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
3.0 is not the final release, but as time continues we're obviously going to change things less and less.

Pichu is so nerfed, he doesn't even get a character icon.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
3.0 is not the final release, but as time continues we're obviously going to change things less and less.

Pichu is so nerfed, he doesn't even get a character icon.

Serious question, when will Alakadoof be announced as a playable character?!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Was his amazing ability of self-inflicting harm too good for the rest of the cast to handle?

Kid_Carlton13

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidCarlton13
3DS FC
0447-6623-7476
Who wants to play some project m with me I want to play someone other than my little bro who I always beat. And also look up Warchamp7 on twitch and twitter for updates on everything Project M related.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
3.0 is not the final release, but as time continues we're obviously going to change things less and less
thats not obvious at all. i had been under the impression that the game would get a big "final" release

with the obvious exception of pichu (since the official page for project m pichu has gotten millions of likes and international media attention [not to mention #nerfedpichu is trending bigtime on twitter], it is obvious he will be added), will more characters be added and will there be any new MAJOR updates (big character changes etc)? this is significant for knowing wether or not you will spend dussins of hours practicing it or not

Celestis

Smash Ace
thats not obvious at all. i had been under the impression that the game would get a big "final" release
It was actually pretty obvious this was how it was going to be. With a game they are trying to make as balanced as possible, it's going to take many trial and error till it is found. That means many changes that gradually get smaller and smaller until it can finally be called done.

I feel the final version release of P:M will actually be very underwhelming as it will have the least amount of changes to anything.

Kid_Carlton13

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidCarlton13
3DS FC
0447-6623-7476
Man the Japan Time Podcast on YouTube had Warchamp7 as a guest to talk abou project M numerous times and recently to talk about Project M 3.0 and Ricky Cocaine's Hamburger Cheese Sandwitch. It's an inside joke in the podcast look it up in YouTube if you've never heard it.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Do you think the PMBR gets together and makes fun of us in the same manner as teachers at schools do to their kids? D':

Im sorry Alakadoof ;-; love me plz.

Kati

Smash Lord
As final as it seems, 3.0 is labelled as a demo.

After 3.0 though, when will PM achieve a "gold" status? Would the first full complete version be regarded as P:M 1.0..?

JV5Chris

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to drop in a give an early congrats. v3 is looking incredible!

GeZ

Smash Lord
Trailer was well put together as it was hype! Can't wait to see your guys future advancements and additions to this great game! GG PMBR, GG.

SSS

Smash Ace
It feels silly to try to seriously learn the metagame for any of the characters right now until 3.0 is released. So I have actually been playing Project M less because of 3.0.

Top Bottom