• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.0 Released! (Changelog in post)

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
You know we wouldn't be where we are right now without your help or the existence of BrawlBox. You're even one of the people attempting to help replace the model importer because it's not perfect. We appreciate all your work BlackJax, we really do, and I'm sorry if it ever comes across that we don't. You're an asset to the Brawl modding community and always will be due to your contributions.

P.S. Black Rock Shooter rules
The way the problem was stated did sound very unappreciative but that could've been caused by a misunderstanding by whoever wrote that part, which is okay. It's a complicated matter. The model importer is not flawed and doesn't need to be completely replaced, it simply needs to have an upgrade for optimal performance.

P.S. BRS is da bomba indeed

Sorry, BlackJax96, didn't mean to come across as ungrateful. None of the extra 3.0 aesthetic stuff would be possible without that current importer, and we're very glad to have it.

At the time that that release letter was drafted a week ago we had several different PMBR and non-PMBR people looking into fixing up the lag issues in the importer and it's been an exhausting stretch of days getting everything ready for release.. haven't had a chance to update that to credit you with your ongoing efforts on it. Hit me up by PM or IRC if you have better ideas on how we can properly accredit you in releases.
Alright, I understand. I forgive you and I realize that releasing a project as big as this can be extremely hectic.
I would still like to see that part of the post I mentioned updated though, in order to properly explain what the problem is and what is being done to fix it - "It simply needs to have an upgrade for optimal performance."

I'm currently doing all that I can to write a mesh optimizer for you guys.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
>Adds Mewtwo, Roy, and the rest of the cast
Lame
>Gives Turbo Mode
Lame
>Gives New stages
Lame
>New Costumes
Lame
Well I guess that's tha-
Project M said:
- Shield Pushback and Health now match Melee.
ALL OF MY HYPE

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I have one big problem with this version.. I'm a Lucario main, and I think giving him a charged up special meter for every stock is extremely OP and an awful idea.. please get rid of that.

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
Where can I find a plaintext version of the GCTs?
I need to strip out the file replacement/soundbank codes so I can finish getting this back on Riivolution.

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
So I'm just guessing now that no one knows how to get this to work in Dolphin.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
Kirby is awesome. To the people involved in working on his design and significant improvements from melee, Thank you. This dude's a pink beast from hell. Kirby finally feels as effective as he did in 64 against the cast, but with more versatility.

Naraku

Smash Cadet
"Wizard Foot is now B-reversable"

How is this even done? Can someone explain?

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
Just follow the directions you posted. I've done it twice now.
You think I'd be posting here if I hadn't tried that yet? It doesn't work. Like I said, Gecko loads default screen, doesn't recognize codes, loads original Brawl.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
You think I'd be posting here if I hadn't tried that yet? It doesn't work. Like I said, Gecko loads default screen, doesn't recognize codes, loads original Brawl.

Make sure you use the new file structure. PM now loads it's files from /projectm/pf, just as the zips are set up. Remove anything from private/wii/RSBE you have except the stage exploit if you're using that for some reason

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I had a similar problem, odd enough might be that your SD card's label mine was "Project M" changed it to "sdcard" and worked.

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
Make sure you use the new file structure. PM now loads it's files from /projectm/pf, just as the zips are set up. Remove anything from private/wii/RSBE you have except the stage exploit if you're using that for some reason
This accomplished nothing.
Mind you it works in 4.0 fine for some reason, which I'd use if 4.0 weren't a lagging audio scrambling mess.

Anyone think they can help me solve this mystery?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm quite good at computer already, this issue is beyond me.
Did you try renaming your SD card? Either change it to no name at all or just something like "untitled" with no spaces or special characters.

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
I posted this in Bug Reporting, but I figure I'll post it here as well to see if anyone else is having these problems, or wants to discuss them:

---

Buffer is still Stock Control on No Homebrew WiFi Set, Snake Tranq + Cig issues

Some things I noticed that seem to be bugs, after an hour or so of testing the No Homebrew WiFi Set:

Buffer is still functionally Stock Control. It says "Buffer" in the Rules Menu, but changing the amount of what used to be Handicap still affects only the number of stocks you start with. Also, on the Character Select Screen, it says "STOCKS" instead of "BUFFER", and once a percentage is selected, it still shows up as a number (but that would actually make sense for Buffer... "1" Stock = 1 Frame of Buffer). "Input Assist" still seems to work instead of "Damage Gauge", and it still says "INPUT ASSIST" in the Rules Menu when you enter it from the Brawl screen, not the CSS. I don't think Input Assist should be in the same codeset as Buffer = Handicap...

This might have to do with me being used to 6 frames of Buffer, but whenever I try to do a short-hopped down air by hitting up on the Control Stick and then down on the C Stick, my character just instantly wastes his second jump instead, about 90% of the time.

Snake is supposed to be able to reload his Tranquilizer gun prematurely, but you can only do this when you have 1/3 shots left; it cannot be done with 2/3 shots remaining. On a side note, I think the "Hu" sound he makes after he fires a shot is annoying. Also, is it possible to have the holstered gun disappear when the Tranquilzer Gun is drawn, and reappear when it's put away? The attached silencer also seems to appear from nowhere...

When Snake flicks his cigarette off a ledge, it's trajectory still stops at ground level, as if there were were solid ground where there is only open air, and the cigarette's embers look like they have hit an invisible floor. Perhaps this is a technical limitation?

---

One more thought on Snake's taunts, specifically side taunt: I think it should be the old Project M 2.5 up taunt, where he put a hand to his chin and said, "Good" / "Tasty" / "Not even close", versus "Colonel, Mission Accomplished". The old up taunt was quicker and more taunt-y, while the current side taunt is longer, and already a victory animation. Besides, the mission isn't accomplished until the match is won! I suggest putting "Good" and "Not even close" back in. It would be nice if left/right taunt shared the same animation, but left yielded "Good" and right yielded "Not even close".

I hope that Buffer is added back into the WiFi Set soon. I've gotten so used to using 6 frames of buffer that I can't use C. Falcon effectively without it. My fingers just aren't fast enough to do stuff like wavedashing or short-hopped knees and neutral airs consistently, with 0 Buffer... But with just 6 frames of Buffer, I can do those things! I still don't get the stigma Melee vets have against Buffer, since each player can use whatever amount of it they want. If it helps you play better without unnecessarily straining you, what's the problem? I don't even care that it's not used in tournaments, since I doubt I'll ever play in an official one; I just play Brawl- and Project M with groups of local friends.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
How in the hell was fox nerfed?

Y'all must be smoking some hard kush up in this joint..

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
The raised ceilings nerf Fox's upsmash and up-air.

Well I say good. Fully deserved.

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
How in the hell was fox nerfed?

Y'all must be smoking some hard kush up in this joint..

I think people are saying hes nerfed cause the stage blastzones got larger making him easier to CP fox apparently plays more or less the same as he did before though

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
In general, stage ceilings were significantly lower than Melee's (by ~15 units), leading to vertical KO-happy characters such as Fox and Bowser having around 11 or 12 good counterpicks instead of like 4, for no reason other than the stage ceiling being lower than normal. The average stage ceiling in common tournament stages now matches Melee, with some outliers (Yoshi's Story, Wario Ware, PS2, Dreamland, Dracula's Castle for example), as it should be. This change wasn't intended to target character balance in any specific way, but rather stage balance. How characters will shift on the tier list as a result will just be how it was intended in the first place, nothing more.

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
Did you try renaming your SD card? Either change it to no name at all or just something like "untitled" with no spaces or special characters.
Ok I'm not sure what you mean by that, changing the file name from sd.raw to anything else doesn't help at all. If you're referring to the "label" in WinImage, it's blank to begin with, and yes I changed it to sdcard and that did nothing either.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
- Slightly raised the ceiling blastzone of Warioware
- Raised the ceiling blastzone of the following stages: Distant Planet, Yoshi's Island*, Castle Siege, Green Hill Zone, Halberd, Rumble Falls, Norfair, Skyworld, Skyloft, Lylat, Metal Cavern, and Smashville
- Significantly raised the ceiling blastzone of Dracula's Castle

*Yoshi's Island Brawl? With the potential exception of that stage, these are all PM exclusive stages. Fox's up-smash should be just as good on Melee stages. It's a good compromise, I think. Melee players shouldn't feel like they should be getting kills sooner on familiar stages, and PM non-Foxes have more non-deadly choices.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
I honestly don't mind the small shift in scale of the stage cielings.

It will shut the butthurt's up about fox's Usmash and Bowser being OP.

As long as I can still do my thing, why bother?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
*Yoshi's Island Brawl? With the potential exception of that stage, these are all PM exclusive stages. Fox's up-smash should be just as good on Melee stages. It's a good compromise, I think. Melee players shouldn't feel like they should be getting kills sooner on familiar stages, and PM non-Foxes have more non-deadly choices.
Is there a Yoshi's Island that isn't from Brawl in Project M?

Top Bottom