• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Not worth an update but hey:

*Sweet Images*

sorry i havnt been very much lately, iv'e been busy going to the olympics and whatnot
That's alright I've been busy with school work. Hopefully I get to fixing his hair for all the animations.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
They're in menu2/sc_selmap_en.pac in MiscData[40] (for the Stage Select screen) and stage/melee/STGRESULT_en.pac in MiscData[120] (for the results screen). Both of them will need to be modified.
Thank you for that information.

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
You guys are amazing for doing this. When I first saw Klonoa was working and textured in Brawl Box I didn't think it would come this far. This is my favorite project on here and good luck carrying this to the end!

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I love Klonoa! ♥
I really like what you are doing with him, your animations are really lovely and look truly...Klonoa-ish! (that sounds dumb but I really mean it as a compliment) You guys are making great progress too.
.......That win screen pose/animation is to die for. Really good work!

Wahoo!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
blah feb 21st thats awful. We havnt stopped working on him, just havnt done any animations in awhile. His stage is pretty close to being completed, and we almost have him running properly. Found his in battle portrait. Just letting you know that we are still working on him!

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
blah feb 21st thats awful. We havnt stopped working on him, just havnt done any animations in awhile. His stage is pretty close to being completed, and we almost have him running properly. Found his in battle portrait. Just letting you know that we are still working on him!
That's awesome to know, thanks for the update. I was getting worried.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
how can this be updated and nothing is being said of whats been done?

this project needs love, and the OP would love the updates aswell, plz starwaffles update the up with what has been done :)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
how can this be updated and nothing is being said of whats been done?

this project needs love, and the OP would love the updates aswell, plz starwaffles update the up with what has been done :)
the latest animation picture has been updated :D i made the jumpb fallb and fallf

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
the latest animation picture has been updated :D i made the jumpb fallb and fallf
Dude you're awesome at animating this. You got me to start playing though some of the games again and looking at it, these animations match perfect. I can't wait to see how this is gonna turn out.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Very nice, that dash attack. By the looks of things, you're about finished with most of the movement animations, right? Hopefully the rest will be more interesting, both to see and make.

You may want to add a simple list of completed animations to the OP, just so we can see about how much is done.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Hey I just noticed something.

Is march 17 really your release date for klonoa?

Thats what his pic says...

lol you are the first one to notice this.

March 17th was the day I planned on releasing the beta, but we have hit way too many speedbumps. I truley do feel like a nintendo employee when i say, Klonoa's released has been delayed to a further date. :3

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet

March 17th was the day I planned on releasing the beta, but we have hit way too many speedbumps. I truley do feel like a nintendo employee when i say, Klonoa's released has been delayed to a further date. :3
That's quite a shame to know it's delayed. Are there any major problems left or is everything so far going smoothly?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
That's quite a shame to know it's delayed. Are there any major problems left or is everything so far going smoothly?
Our main problem is his movement, his model did not come with a bone capable of acting like a transN bone. We instead found a bone that didnt do anything and renamed/indexed it to be his new trans N bone.

Since that bone isnt attached to his model, it does move his model properly, we synched up his HipN bone to move the same distance at the same rate but for some reason it glitches out in game.

He dosnt snap back to place but he does not run properly either.

His model also apears in the center of the stage on frame 1 of every animation. just for 1 frame though, So he looks very glitchy.

On a more positive note, his hair has been completly fixed :D thanks to Shock

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
Are the bones all aligned correctly and do they have the correct parent and child offsets? I'm not sure if it could be causing a problem but i've heard of problems with those before.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Are the bones all aligned correctly and do they have the correct parent and child offsets? I'm not sure if it could be causing a problem but i've heard of problems with those before.
I wouldnt know, I am not really an expert at that stuff.

I am just repeating what I have been told and what I have seen in game, hopefully shock figures it out soon, so i can kick my animations into high gear.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
i wish i could help with something to make this easier and faster for release haha. But i suck when it comes to this stuff. Im impatient sorry very very good work to;)

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman

Well I know what you mean. I thought my Amy Project would be a breeze but speedbumps are always present. To be honest, I don't think the first glitch-free model injected character will not be until April or later...

Our main problem is his movement, his model did not come with a bone capable of acting like a transN bone. We instead found a bone that didnt do anything and renamed/indexed it to be his new trans N bone.

Since that bone isnt attached to his model, it does move his model properly, we synched up his HipN bone to move the same distance at the same rate but for some reason it glitches out in game.

He dosnt snap back to place but he does not run properly either.

His model also apears in the center of the stage on frame 1 of every animation. just for 1 frame though, So he looks very glitchy.

On a more positive note, his hair has been completly fixed :D thanks to Shock
Wow, and I thought my project was having problems....
Maybe I do have my share of problems too....

Her texture dissappears at close camera angles...

She glitches when she is grabbed until she jumps twice. She also slightly glitches when she performs a Runturn and a side A... (only on Dedede though)

Her Pinky Bone grows massive when she shields...

Just to make you feel better :laugh:

I wonder how the progress on Zero is going. They are awfully quiet about it...

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I was thinking either Uair, Dtilt, or wait3 :o first one to respond decides.

highfive

Smash Lord
C'mon. You guys gotta get this done before the Amy Rose project for two good reasons.

1. I think this project is cool and want it to be done as soon as possible.

2. I want to win against SoniKupo in which PSA will be released first.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
C'mon. You guys gotta get this done before the Amy Rose project for two good reasons.

1. I think this project is cool and want it to be done as soon as possible.

2. I want to win against SoniKupo in which PSA will be released first.

Once our glitches are fixed, i'll be super motivated to finish

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
What were you going to do with Uair and Dtilt
idk, I was think for Uair:

A multi hitter, similar to how olimar throws his pikmin above him. but klonoa would throw his ring up. More like the style of zss's up-b in how she spins after using it.

his DTilt was going to be him swiping his hat in front of him on the floor. Its going to be a pain doing this one because his hat rotates on the worlds most annoying axis :@

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I'd say knock out the Dtilt, since it's gonna be the harder animation to complete

Top Bottom