• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project GENO - MarioDK Demo out

LSDX

Wah!
I've tried using that Forest Maze stage hack of the SSE stage over Temple like it's supposed to. I won't show up even with my File Patch Code. Help?

(3rd post, sorry I know. Nobody's posting and these posts won't make sense all fitted together)

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Indigo stopped working on cosmic geno? Its a shame :p At least we have the equally awsome Fighter Geno. I know you have the moveset about finalized, but any chance of incorporating the finger gun? Also, any word on the character model?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I've heard.. Nothing in regards to a model, unfortunately. If anybody wants to step up, I'd be happy.

Snapple - I have no idea. Other stages work properly?

And there's some stuff I still plan on changing with Geno, but I'm not going to do much until we get a model.

LSDX

Wah!
@Shadic: What'd you think of my CSS a few posts back? I'm still working on it as we speak though. I'll give a release when I'm done though.

:bowser:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It's good. I had one before, but it was using different pictures. I like yours more.

If you figure out where the big "Toon Link" text is in victory screens, I'd love you forever.

LSDX

Wah!
It's good. I had one before, but it was using different pictures. I like yours more.

If you figure out where the big "Toon Link" text is in victory screens, I'd love you forever.
I've been trying for the last hour, then I read your comment, then I started to cry inside. I'm on a hunt, want to help?

They say all the text is in STGRESULT.pac, but I searched and can only find everything BUT that. Look for yourself.

:bowser:

Rouenne

Smash Apprentice
Hmm I am doing something wrong...I place the files but no changes in Toon Link

LSDX

Wah!
Great work!

I noticed the lack of stages. Did you remove all the banned ones?
I added which ever ones I wanted. I use my English version for all my hacking, and I play competitively (if you consider Brawl competitive) on my Japanese version.

It's a fun factor, but it helps because I have a stage freezer, so places like Bridge of Eldin, Distant Planet (or as you can tell in the bottom pic and in the PSA Showcase [where I posted more of my work tonight], is Mushroom Hill Zone), Castle Siege, etc, become frozen. This in turn makes it so that hazards don't occur and levels don't shift.

If you want to know more about it, ask FrozonHobo (ironically).

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
I generally am okay with banned stages, but I dislike the idea of "fixing" them all into neutrals.

There has to be at least some variety, plus the SSE stages work great for neutrals anyway.

Of course, if you like your Brawl+ that way, there's no problem with that.

LSDX

Wah!
I generally am okay with banned stages, but I dislike the idea of "fixing" them all into neutrals.

There has to be at least some variety, plus the SSE stages work great for neutrals anyway.

Of course, if you like your Brawl+ that way, there's no problem with that.
I don't play B+. I just prefer certain stages frozen, mainly Castle Siege b/c the first tier of that stage is my favorite.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
McSnapple, did you finish the geno css stuff? Id like a download if possible : D No word on a model at all? Model importings drawing nearer, I hope one turns up. Didnt Xydeit have a Geno model from that fake hack video?

LSDX

Wah!
I'm a bit busy with school right now, abut I will upload it in due time. The only thing I have left to do is find a way to change Toon Link's name at the victory screen; I'm at a loss.

Pics of alternate colored costumes please?

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
SWF search function is being a pain in the *** so...can someone please link me the Forest
Maze stage that goes over Hyrule Temple, I accidentally deleted it and I need it back.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
That one is quite good O_O. Someone with a DA account should contact him and see if he's interested in donating the model. That aside, i know someone in the BrawlBox Creations topic agreed to make a Geno model. He made an amazing pigmask model (mother 3), so I'm sure his Geno would rock.

Getsuei-Moon

Smash Cadet

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Good news! He got back to me relatively quickly! Here's what he has to say:

My Geno model is a rather old thing I put together in 3D studio back in the 11th grade. It looks nice, but its got quite a few model bugs here and there is really high poly. I wouldn't mind sharing the file or even working on a new one if needed though, especially since its been a long while since I've played around with 3D ;) Cant say yes yet, but I'm interested if you'd like to talk more.
Before this, I told the guy that I have no major role in this project myself, but that he could talk to you guys if he was interested.

So there you have it! Who's going to be the Geno Project representative?

Uncle0wnage

Smash Cadet

once the model injector is working, we can conert between 3ds and the brawl format! ;)
oh yeah, PROGRESS

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Uncle: Pretty good so far, but the proportions and shapes could use some work. Maybe use his in-game sprites and official art for reference?

Uncle0wnage

Smash Cadet

I originally modeled it after his most famous in game sprite, but not to proportion, the newly sized one is on the left, comment please.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
The one on the right is better proportion-wise, actually.

If I could give some pointers...

1. Work on Geno's forearms - they seem too cannon-like, and don't have any actual hands between them and the fingers.

2. Place actual joints in his knees and elbows, so there's no detatchment when he moves.

3. Move his feet far enough apart that they're not overlapping each other (adding knees should help this).

4. Make his hair *slightly* smaller, and shift them over his right eye (if you look at his sprite, that's where they are).

I've been drawing Geno for a while, so I'd be willing to give more advice if you're looking for it.

Also, what's his hat look like from the side?

Top Bottom