• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Framedisplay for [U] version

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Timo, read this post of mine.

Madao has uploaded a Cheat Engine file for name translating (my link, 'cause I can't find his post). You just click the file and the names get translated. You have to do it every time you open FD, though.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Stop going so fast! jk. Good job.

I redid Mario's up-B with these cameras: http://gyazo.com/23fb6c430bc3809208f22f6b81215535.png
and with the opponent on the top platform. It came out pretty good, I was gonna link it... except I put 81 frames (it was 81 on the FD) then I went to replace the pics, and you had 82 pics of each -- but 81 on the data file, which is why it showed 81 on the FD.
I measured the attack and it's indeed 82. But I had stopped recording already and ahhhhh

Also, is your Bulk Rename Utility scrip transferable?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Ah I forgot to change the file then... I'll reupload with the correction. If more people could test the characters we do, we might see some more mistakes and be able to correct them.

Concerning the script, you will probably need to adapt the coordinates:

d:: ; renames all the images to the hitbox picture names
{
click, -500,260,0 ; place mouse cursor on bulk rename utility window
sleep,30
click
sleep,30
Send, {F5};
sleep,50
click, 60, 40,0 ; place mouse cursor on "Actions"
click
sleep,50
click, 60, 55,0 ; place mouse cursor on "select all"
sleep,50
click
click, 900, 470,0 ; place mouse cursor on "rename"
click
sleep,10

}
return

So when you see " click, -500,260,0 ;", just change the -500 and/or 260 to whatever works for you. What I personally did was just randomly change the values to see where it goes and then try empirically to adjust. I found a mouse coordinate software, but it was in absolute value and not relative, so either you use Madao's fix to have absolute coordinates and use a mouse cursor positioin software, or you just try to mess with my script.

Be sure to start in a standard position though, so that you don't always have to change when reopening everything.

By the way, if you don't want to re-record Mario's upb, can you give me the camera settings you used?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Indeed, but that would be some extra work lol. I might do it after everything else is complete.

Finished Link!

Again, if someone notices mistakes, tell me ASAP so I can change it and reupload it.

(will correct Mario and reupload it)

Added a little suggestions section in the OP.

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
I checked your Mario and Link. Pretty good! But you missed Mario's third jab :D The UP-B is good except the last frames of the jump. Everything else is fine for me.
Well about the damage. Yeah it's more work, but it'd be more info.

Madao

Lol, my bad guys. I've been drained this past week. I will finish Fox this week for sure (maybe even today). I'm also going to learn more about how the camera works so I can get a good view for any scenario.
Madao has uploaded a Cheat Engine file for name translating (my link, 'cause I can't find his post). You just click the file and the names get translated. You have to do it every time you open FD, though.
Lol I made a ahk script that runs the framedisplay, then runs the translater script.
[collapse=Name Translate Script]
Code:
#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
SetControlDelay, -1

Run SSB Framedisplay Pro.exe
sleep, 200
Run Name Translate.CETRAINER
sleep, 1020
ControlClick,ListBox1,‘I‘ðƒEƒBƒ“ƒhƒE,,Left,,NA
[/collapse]
Make sure you have both the ahk script and cheat engine script in the same folder as SSB Framedisplay Pro.exe.

This could be the right place to add the number of damage for the attacks.
I did that for some of Fox's moves, but when different hitboxes have different damages, it's a hassle, so I only did attacks where each hitbox does the same damage.

I'm probably not using the newest AHK version, so I'm not sure if you guys have the same features. If you want to see mouse coordinates and other info, use AutoIt3 Window Spy (it should have came with AHK). Also, if you guys need help with anything, let me know.

Sangoku

Smash Master
The newer versions of AHK don't include the mouse coordinate software anymore so it's not possible to download it, or so I read.

By the way, if you're too busy to record, no problem I can handle Captain Falcon. But if you have time to provide the frame count that could help. Otherwise I can do everything myself as well.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Reuploaded Mario.

In other news, I think I'll take a break from this until this weekend (lol long break). If someone could complete the frame count, I'd be willing to record anything by the way.

Madao

I will most likely do Falcon myself, unless you guys finish Luigi before I even start lol. Concerning the angled tilts, how do you guys do it? This takes me extra time to do, because I have to do move swap instead of actually doing the middle upper and middle lower tilts.
Also, did you find the right camera settings for Mario Up B? I'm going to do some camera testing today, and probably finish Fox. I would have finished much sooner but I'm deciding which ones to redo. I know I will have to redo rolls unless you guys don't mind, and I might redo throws (if I find out that I didn't use the best camera settings).

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, about that... I didn't do any of that for Samus, so there are 4 moves missing if you count all the angles for tilts and smashes.

Can't we go without them?

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, about that... I didn't do any of that for Samus, so there are 4 moves missing if you count all the angles for tilts and smashes.

Can't we go without them?
It'd be good to have this since her high angled Fsmash deals more damage

looool
les œufs de pâques de Sangoku.
What?! In german please :p

Just noticed Sangoku did almost every char by himself :-D

EDIT:
I did that for some of Fox's moves, but when different hitboxes have different damages, it's a hassle, so I only did attacks where each hitbox does the same damage.
Maybe you guys could write just max. damage of the strongest hitbox in the textfile. Would that be better?

EDIT 2: In the Smashwiki are all character listed with all attack %
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Super_Smash_Bros.#Playable_characters

Sangoku

Smash Master
Wait, how is it harder to do angled tilts than any other attack?

Instead of inputting full left/right, just add a +/- 20 in y for tilts and +/- 40 for smashes (values don't really matter as long as it's in the correct range). You guys do have the TAS input plugin for mupen right? The only little difference is Mario and Luigi as they have two different up angled fsmashes and two different down angled fsmashes.

But if it's really a hassle for you guys, you can send me the savestate of your character and I'll record the angle attacks.

Concerning camera settings, I believe our settings are perfect for most moves. It's just some moves going up really fast like Mario's up b that **** up.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
It'd be good to have this since her high angled Fsmash deals more damage
Just to clarify, I did her get High angled, but she has 5 angles for Fsmash, and another 5 for F-tilt. I only got 3 angles for each.

Falcon and Fox also have 5 angles for their F-tilt. Ness doesn't have more than 3, so that's good.

I didn't know about the TAS input plugin, will look into it.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Argh I should have been more careful. I only saw the 5 angles for Mario and Luigi in the Japanese Framedisplay, so I assumed they were the only ones with that many. It's rather easy to get them in fact. For smashes: +40, +20, 0, -20, -40 with full horizontal (128). For tilts it's the same: +40, +20, 0, -20, -40, but with +/-40 in the X-axis.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I had a script with F5 on and lost my post accidentally ;-;

In short,

thanks for the TAS input info, rename script, open FD translated script, etc.

The cameras I used on Mario's up-B were P1=1,7 and P2=2 (it's in the screenshot)

I uploaded Samus' missing moves (mid angles)

I wanted to record tech in place, tech roll and hitting a wall (peach's wedges). should I put it completely separated with any character for a separate download, or give it to Ness when I record him?

edit: also, Sangoku, regarding Ness, to which up B is the 227 referring to?

up b - 227 (tot), 167, 43

Madao

I think it's better to include everything in 1 file per character, because it's easier for others to just download 1 thing rather than multiple things and they would also have to edit their text file to add the new items in. I'm struggling with camera settings because it's pretty complicated and I don't really understand the mechanics. In fact, I don't even remember how I found those camera addresses (probably luck). One thing I did find out was that, the current settup for camera is flawed when it comes to throws, because hitting the enemy causes the camera settings to change. I'm going to redo my throws for Fox because of the camera shaking that caused strange effects. I'm going to see if it's better to throw an invisible character or throw a character with hitbox mode on so that you can see the effects of a throw. I did find new camera addresses so that shaking problem won't happen anymore.

It's rather easy to get them in fact. For smashes: +40, +20, 0, -20, -40 with full horizontal (128). For tilts it's the same: +40, +20, 0, -20, -40, but with +/-40 in the X-axis.
Thanks, now I can finish recording faster! :)

How long does it take you guys to fully record 1 character? I'm honestly impressed at the speed you have done these characters.

Sangoku

Smash Master
It takes me like 2 hours max if I have the frame count before hand. However, I'm not too perfectionist (I don't think it's necessary to be). For example, I don't think it's that important if the camera is not always perfect. In cases like Mario's Up B, I agree it would be good to redo it, but for the rest I think it's already good enough.

Edit: Ahhh mixa, I didn't see your edit sorry. The total one is if you move the blue ball until it disappears. Not the same as letting it go upward and disappear, because I guess it vanishes if it touches a stage blastzone.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Madao, is there anything for the cheat engine that allows for camera rotation (example)? Are cheats for the Project64 any useful for you to discover that kind of stuff?

Madao

Madao, is there anything for the cheat engine that allows for camera rotation (example)? Are cheats for the Project64 any useful for you to discover that kind of stuff?
Ya, I'm pretty sure I messed with camera rotation before. I guess I'll devote today to camera stuff. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have more motivation to finish Fox and Falcon. I already have the giant PJ64 cheat list. Basically what you want to do is be able to set the rotation, using number values to get a different view?

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Basically what you want to do is be able to set the rotation, using number values to get a different view?
Yeah, that's it. Horizontal rotation would be enough, I don't think I've used the vertical one very much.

I know you said you already have the cheats, but if I've put them here in case you haven't sorted them out already:
[collapse=Cheat maked by Gaudy - Emudigital]
Code:
Camera Control Horizontal",A1131468 ????
$0000 - Default,,Left Cantidad,
$BE50 - L.1,
$BEA0 - L.2,
$BEF0 - L.3,
$BF40 - L.4,
$BF90 - L.5,
$BFD0 - L.6 (Total),
$C000 - L.7,
$C020 - L.8,
$C040 - L.9

(Detras),,Right Cantidad,
$3E50 - R.1,
$3EA0 - R.2,
$3EF0 - R.3,
$3F40 - R.4,
$3F90 - R.5,
$3FD0 - R.6 (Total),
$4000 - R.7,
$4020 - R.8,
$4040 - R.9 (Detras)
Code:
Camera Control Vertical",A1131464 ????
$0000 - Default,,Up Cantidad,
$BE50 - Up.1,
$BEA0 - Up.2,
$BEF0 - Up.3,
$BF40 - Up.4,
$BF90 - Up.5,
$BFD0 - Up.6 (Total),
$C000 - Up.7,
$C020 - Up.8,
$C040 - Up.9 (Detras),,

Down Cantidad,
$3E50 - D.1,
$3EA0 - D.2,
$3EF0 - D.3,
$3F40 - D.4,
$3F90 - D.5,
$3FD0 - D.6 (Total),
$4000 - D.7,
$4020 - D.8,
$4040 - D.9 (Detras)

Madao

Finished Luigi!

It took me around one and a half hour to count all the frames and record.

Should I take one of the remaining char?
Lol nice! Eh, if you really want to, you can do Falcon if you don't feel like waiting a week for me to finish it xD. I just lose focus easily. I'll do one thing, then start doing a bunch of other things. I'd rather do it myself though, just because I want to test camera stuff anyway.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Madao, if you don't feel like doing it, you can just tell us, right? I think there's no need to hurry. It's not like we have a deadline to meet.

Finished Ness! =)

Sangoku recording a bunch of chars with crazy efficiency and here I am proud of my Ness, haha. I'm such a kid.
Good stuff recording Luigi's taunt!

By the way, I didn't include any extras for Ness. I figured there are too many of them, so I'd rather finish them and make a whole different upload.

Here's what I've got so far for the extras. Some of these are just ideas.

General stuff
Hitting the ground without tech​
Tech-roll
Tech-in-place
Hitting a wall while in tumbling animation

• Ness
Ledge Stall w/ up-B
Ledge Stall w/ down B​
Ness elevator​

• Link
Bomb glitch​
• DK
B-cancel to edgehogㅤorㅤCharged B-cancel to edgehog​
• Yoshi
Parry
Double-jump cancel to edgehog (Hyrule)
Double-jump cancel to edgehog (DL)
Edgehop - Egg - Edgehog​
• Kirby
Fsmash to Rockㅤorㅤsomething to Rock​
• Fox
Shine-cancel
Slanted/Running SH double laser
• Puff
Teleport​
• Pikachu
Ledge stall w/ up-B​
• Falcon
Dash → edge-stop → dashdance pivot edgehog​
gray = done
white = not done​

Madao

Madao, if you don't feel like doing it, you can just tell us, right? I think there's no need to hurry. It's not like we have a deadline to meet.
Lol I actually do want to do Falcon. Everytime I'm about to record and stuff, I find something to tweak or test & I end up not finishing due to something stopping me. It's not all bad though because I will use better camera settings than if I never bothered trying to improve anything.

Last edited:

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
Once the FD is finished, you should make a new thread with hitbox GIF's AND framedisplay and sticky it for all the lazy people.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Lazy people don't read threads, sticky or not (proof: cobr not even knowing what framedisplay is with this thread being on the front page for weeks).

Also it's not going to be finished anytime soon. Shots fired lol.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
By the way, is there anything missing besides Falcon and Fox?
I think I'll work on the tables now.

cobr not even knowing what framedisplay is with this thread being on the front page for weeks
that's not even what's weird. the weird thing is that he
- is an active boards user
- is a competitive player, often posts about the game
- is interested enough in that frame stuff to request them

when you consider a guy with this profile didn't know about FD, then I wonder how many people do. it's quite silly.
but not really surprising. If I were to do this for the abstract ~community, I'd have never done it. you can never underestimate how lazy (not sure if lazy is the word) people are about reading on forums.

Madao

Today's the day I put in work! I needed a break from smash.

Also it's not going to be finished anytime soon. Shots fired lol.
Lol :) .

What tables?

If I were to do this for the abstract ~community, I'd have never done it. you can never underestimate how lazy (not sure if lazy is the word) people are about reading on forums.
I agree with this. I only do things I'm actually interested in. That way, I don't get disappointed when no one else cares (this usually happens more than half the time).
Once the FD is finished, you should make a new thread with hitbox GIF's AND framedisplay and sticky it for all the lazy people.
Honestly, that's too much work. It's not worth spending extra time just to help lazy people. I probably would not have contributed half as much, had I personally not wanted to do the things I did. Now if other people actually want to do it, I can help, but I don't think Sangoku or Mixa would want to make gif's after spending hours recording for frame display. The only reason I'd want a GIF is because they are small compared to images (in filesize) and the resolution can be higher than 640 x 480.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't think anything else is missing, except if you want to complete your list of extra moves.

If I were to do this for the abstract ~community, I'd have never done it.
Obviously lol. I personally did it for autohotkey.

Honestly, that's too much work. It's not worth spending extra time just to help lazy people. I probably would not have contributed half as much, had I personally not wanted to do the things I did. Now if other people actually want to do it, I can help, but I don't think Sangoku or Mixa would want to make gif's after spending hours recording for frame display. The only reason I'd want a GIF is because they are small compared to images (in filesize) and the resolution can be higher than 640 x 480.
I'm pretty sure he only meant a link to Fireblaster's hitbox GIF thread.

MCG

Smash Apprentice
It won't be that much work to make all the GIF's from the FD images, if that's what you're saying. Actually, those two images that I posted here were made using the command line. Once every character is complete, I'll only have to launch a script that searches for every folder and create a GIF for each move.

Madao

It won't be that much work to make all the GIF's from the FD images, if that's what you're saying. Actually, those two images that I posted here were made using the command line. Once every character is complete, I'll only have to launch a script that searches for every folder and create a GIF for each move.
Lol nice. I underestimated the ability of scripting :) . How did you do that? When i tried making gif's from my jpg images a while back, it didn't come out so good. That's why I assumed it would be best to just do it from scratch. My method of converting jpg to gif was slow too, it took like 1 min to make 1 gif.

Madao

Something like those ant-d tables, telling when and for how long the hitbox stays out.

And looks like we forgot to do both get-up attacks huh.
That will take a while xD.

There's 2 get up attacks?

Madao

Lol I didn't think the animations would be significantly different.
Lol sigh, I've had bad luck today :( . Spent like 3 hours and didn't even finish Falcon. I had so many random problems. So I'll finish the rest tomorrow. I did upload Fox, but I didn't have that 2nd get up attack ;/. So I'll have to reupload Fox for the 3rd time tomorrow lol...

Edit: I totally forgot about camera rotation. I'll also look into that tomorrow.

Top Bottom