• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
it has and that's sad very sad everyone is arguing about recolors i mean seriously that's the last thing to worry about

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I'll make some **** recolors for this. You people are just taking the blue one and altering the hue. You aren't even using the model with the fixed eyes. Somebody send me the textures for Shadow Mario.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
I'll make some **** recolors for this. You people are just taking the blue one and altering the hue. You aren't even using the model with the fixed eyes. Somebody send me the textures for Shadow Mario.
I thought you left the project? And I already made Shadow Mario recolors

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Also I agree, I think we should worry about retextures LAST! We should completely finish the characters before recolors.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
I thought I started this project? And I already made some before you, in the style of SMS goo. You just altered the hue of the texture. Don't take credit for doing little-to-nothing.
Thats what sonic and thewill told me to do. I know you started the project and I would rather have u do the recolors because your a dev and i thought my textures were no good either.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Alright, thanks... and sorry I'm so harsh. I've been away from this for so long and I guess I'm kinda pissed that I don't know what's going on.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
yeah, just because no one posts for a day doesn't mean a project is dead.

but i'll give an update anyways. i was recently sent the NSMBWii Bowser Jr model, but it turns out that it only has 32 bones, and can only get up to 98 before it won't work, meaning it can't go over Zelda (she has 103 bones). therefore, i'm in the process of transferring BJ to Shiek, and SM to Zelda. it's a long process, trust me. that, and i have college, so i don't have a lot of hacking time. and what little hacking time i have, i've been getting a lot of help requests, and i haven't been able to start the BJ and SM swap yet. the good news is that i have a three day weekend, so i should be able to get the other requests done, and start this one. and i'm also going to be animating BJ, seeing as he has a lower bone count, i can actually do it.

so that's what's been going on.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
i thought they didn't have a workable bone structure? but go ahead and send me the model, i'll take a look at it.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
because there transfering bowser jr to sheik and shadow mario to zelda. if we had the ARF Engine they wouldnt have to do that.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
because there transfering bowser jr to sheik and shadow mario to zelda. if we had the ARF Engine they wouldnt have to do that.
Wrong, it would be harder. If you used the Clone Engine to create another slot for Zelda and Sheik (which would be Bowser Jr. and Shadow Mario), Bowser Jr. would only be able to transform into regular Sheik, since Zelda's moveset uses character IDs to switch to Sheik. Unless someone has in fact found a way to allow Zelda to switch to another character, I don't see this going well on the Clone Engine.

So uh, yeah.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
At this stage, there is no use worrying about the clone engine until it's done. The important part is to get the project running smoothly using the resources we currently have.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
technically, i'd still have to transfer BJ to Shiek and SM to Zelda. the entire reason i have to is because BJ's NSMBWii model can only take up to 98 bones. Zelda has 103, and no clone engine would fix the bone requirement.

and like Tommo said, we shouldn't worry about the clone engine until it's working properly and a public release is made. if every project had said 'let's wait until the clone engine is done to start', then no character project would have ever started.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
I am actually excited for this project. Progress for it is going great. Well at least I heard. KEEP IT UP GUYS! :D

Thewill

Smash Apprentice
I would like to carry on with this project as much as my others but there is soo much to do.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Wrong, it would be harder. If you used the Clone Engine to create another slot for Zelda and Sheik (which would be Bowser Jr. and Shadow Mario), Bowser Jr. would only be able to transform into regular Sheik, since Zelda's moveset uses character IDs to switch to Sheik. Unless someone has in fact found a way to allow Zelda to switch to another character, I don't see this going well on the Clone Engine.

So uh, yeah.
You could just put Bowser Jr and Shadow Mario over Zelda and Sheik then just load Zelda and Sheik's normal stuff into custom slots if that's how the ARF Engine will work but it still is irrelevant right now.
EDIT: Nevermind, that wouldn't work because you'd still have Sheik turning into Bowser Jr and Zelda turning into Shadow Mario or however this project is working now.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
I learned that the ARF engine would be the 7 forbidden character slot that the ARF engine would use as slots for fully new characters with their own PSA. At least thats what I learned.

EDIT: Oh and if the clone engine is what i just said i learned it was, then we wouldnt have to worry about porting ZELDA AND SHEIK! We would just port the BJ and SM models. Its not creating copys.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
I learned that the ARF engine would be the 7 forbidden character slot that the ARF engine would use as slots for fully new characters with their own PSA. At least thats what I learned.

EDIT: Oh and if the clone engine is what i just said i learned it was, then we wouldnt have to worry about porting ZELDA AND SHEIK! We would just port the BJ and SM models. Its not creating copys.
When the ARF engine comes out, Smash bros would pretty much be M.U.G.E.N Wii right?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
So, how's this project coming? There hasn't been any updates in a while, and I'm just curious. :]

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
it's more along the lines that i'm supposed to be swapping BJ to Sheik and SM to Zelda because of model restrictions on BJ's new model, and i've taken so long that everyone else kind of forgot about this... again.

college certainly provides a lot of stuff to keep me busy, but this project is next on my hacking to do list (and has been for a while). i finally have everything else done hacking wise so that i can focus on this. i've been getting a lot of help requests recently, and with my limited hacking time i've wanted to do those first. i try not to keep people waiting if they've asked for my help or if i've offered my help to them. but trust me, this is next on my list, and as soon as i'm done with porting, i'm going to start on BJ's animations.

Edit: so i finally sat my lazy butt down and made the swap. i just need to do some testing and some Tabuu editing, but otherwise BJ is now over Sheik and SM over Zelda. so now i'll start on some of the basic animations for BJ. the good thing was is that i saved all of Mario's animations from when i exported them originally, which probably saved me at least a good half hour. it still took a while to do, but the deed is basically done.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
it's more along the lines that i'm supposed to be swapping BJ to Sheik and SM to Zelda because of model restrictions on BJ's new model, and i've taken so long that everyone else kind of forgot about this... again.

college certainly provides a lot of stuff to keep me busy, but this project is next on my hacking to do list (and has been for a while). i finally have everything else done hacking wise so that i can focus on this. i've been getting a lot of help requests recently, and with my limited hacking time i've wanted to do those first. i try not to keep people waiting if they've asked for my help or if i've offered my help to them. but trust me, this is next on my list, and as soon as i'm done with porting, i'm going to start on BJ's animations.

Edit: so i finally sat my lazy butt down and made the swap. i just need to do some testing and some Tabuu editing, but otherwise BJ is now over Sheik and SM over Zelda. so now i'll start on some of the basic animations for BJ. the good thing was is that i saved all of Mario's animations from when i exported them originally, which probably saved me at least a good half hour. it still took a while to do, but the deed is basically done.
send me and thewill the files once u r done

Top Bottom