• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project B

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Louis

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2836-0421-0500
I've never understand why true combos = good
No true combos = bad

I hate true combos. Taking 0-120% to dying when I literally can't do anything about it from the first hit?
That's why we hate ICs in brawl lol. Combos are dumb
I like to get out of stuff and come back with my own stuff

+/- 30 degrees of knockback angle DI
Smash DI
platforms
7 tech options on knockdown
crouch cancelling
edge cancels
wall/ledge techs
roll/spotdodge buffers
numerous damage/distance/angles on every attack based on placement/timing

I hate true combos. Taking 0-120% to dying when I literally can't do anything about it from the first hit?
dying when I literally can't do anything about it
literally can't do anything

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I want a Project Brawl for Brawl, in order to make Brawl more Brawlsy.

Brawl could use more moments of Brawlness.

Have powershields with powershields.

Have air dodges with air dodges.

Have planking that planks where planking can't plank.

Have tripping have extra trips just so you get your money's worth!!!!

Give Meta Knight all the priority, and make his down B a one hit KO with the glitch to boot!!!!

IT IS A FLAWLESS IDEA GUYS!!!

K.Louis

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2836-0421-0500
Melee has true 0-death combos

True combo in the sense that the player is in hitstun (actually that's not even true, outside of TAS players usually have techs/dodges/rolls read or get knocked out of tumble/attack startup because of option coverage but let's just pretend that it is) for the duration of the combo but not "true" in the sense that you don't have 20+ options and factors to manage and manipulate while you're getting hit to escape.

It's almost as if you're basing your opinions off of what you've read/watched instead of actually playing the game. Have you played Super Smash Brothers Melee before? Because it's a good game and you should try it :D

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Well of course I have~ I played 64 before melee came out, and melee before brawl.

I've only entered one melee tournament though, and got 3rd out of like 8 lol.
I absolutely love melee, don't get me wrong. I just like brawl more.

Edit: and I hate traditional fighters lol

crush

Smash Master
stop talking about yourself icecream. this is the #ProjectB official discussion thread not ur diary

about to make a twitter
@ProjectBrawl

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
project brawl already exists
its called super smash brothers brawl 4
its coming 2014 it has milk man i think you should play it

Thor

Smash Champion
Brawl has combos - I'll just do a few (some are % dependent, not all):

MK: uair to uair to..., bair or fair (falling to ground part way through) into dsmash
Fox - dair to dsmash or utilt
Pikachu - fair (into the ground - start while coming down) into dsmash or ftilt, utilt into Thunder, uair to nair
Kirby: forward throw to uair to reversed utilt to bair [to bair if you tried to SDI and he got your jump or you don't jump or air dodge].
Falco: laser to BDACUS, dash attack cancels to upsmash (23% combo)
Ike: backthrow to dash attack
Ganondorf: side+b to jab some characters, can tech chase everyone
Marth: can do stuff with grabs to tippered fsmash or tippered dair
Olimar has grabs to stuff but I don't know all the details
ZSS has dsmash to dsmash to bair

Here's a video where Trela use a combo to do like 40% and follows it up with another combo to put Ally around 100% [from 3:45 to 4:00, I don't know how to start a clip at a certain time]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5I8iJ3cBs8

So yeah... there are combos... not as many but they are there.

Thor

Smash Champion
... Arbitrary and warrantless declaration. Playing Brawl is not a reason not to post somewhere. Also I have this thing about explicitly ticking hitler off and he mad the same request. Request ignored.

And you could make project B by just taking Brawl and removing the error that allows hitstun to be cancelled early, then deleting the other characters (hitstun is otherwise the same). Or do you want all Melee mechanics except Brawl fall speeds?

dRevan64

Smash Journeyman
literally the best smashboards thread ever created, I support this wholeheartedly and wish to see it happen
super smash bros. brawl is a truly seminal accomplishment in the advancement of 2d platform fighter physics engines and that combined with the nostalgic appeal of melee would probably be the best video game ever made
where do I donate

crush

Smash Master
... Arbitrary and warrantless declaration. Playing Brawl is not a reason not to post somewhere. Also I have this thing about explicitly ticking hitler off and he mad the same request. Request ignored.
this project is meant for the ignorant melee players to get the opportunity to enjoy the greatness of brawls mechanics . brawl players can leave

Thor

Smash Champion
I mean, can I at least read the thread? Also if you actually do make this I'd like to try it so I wanted to keep tabs on stuff (like when prototypes come out if you ever finish) - I've also played Brawl- and P:M and want to play Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl at some point. I also enjoy playing Melee and SSB 64. So another mod sounds cool, even if I don't ultimately drop Brawl forever for it.

And I won't argue with the Melee players about combos or whatever. So could I possibly hang around?

crush

Smash Master
yeah its fine. just dont argue with the other #ProjectB fans, Project B needs to be #OneUnit. ive already pretty much decided how the physics will work, just a matter of implementing them. im working on moves and hitboxes now, making characters moves that werent in brawl similar to brawl ones, brawl SFX, etc.

im not sure when the first trailer and beta will be, dont want to make any decisions yet because ill be busier soon and i want Project B to be a quality game.

:foxmelee:you understand he has literally no power to make you leave right
this is true, but if someone is harassing members of the Project B community and/or spreading leaks of the Project B closed alpha, they can be banned from official Project B Back Room sanctioned tournaments (one of which may be Big House 4)

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
I'd just like to say that I may have have a 2013 join date but I've been in tournaments since jan. 2011
I also play melee and PM

and also can we not fight about our games pls? Leave that to the FGC making fun of us.
Lets play smash and be friends k? K.

crush

Smash Master
I'd just like to say that I may have have a 2013 join date but I've been in tournaments since jan. 2011
I also play melee and PM

and also can we not fight about our games pls? Leave that to the FGC making fun of us.
Lets play smash and be friends k? K.
As of November 23, 2013, TM_icecream is banned from all Project B Back Room sanctioned tournaments until further notice.
-InsaneCarzyGuy

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
WELP GOOD DEAL GUESS MELEE SUX #BRAWL4LIFE #NORESPECT #PLAYAREALGAME

SHOUTOUTS TO THE OUTDATED GRAPHICS AND PHYSICS AND CHARACTER ROSTER dipdipdip

Thor

Smash Champion
Like 24 karats. Smushed it into a tennis court sheet. Also I'm surprised TM_icecream didn't just lie about his name and enter anyway cuz we all know he's not dressed like that. But he hates Project B so clearly he's not smart enough to think of that.

Also if you put in tripping (can't tell if you're serious or not) I'd support removing tripping for all Melee characters, and making MK's trip rate like 10%. For kicks.

Also TM, the graphics aren't outdated, they're a good nostalgia trip back to when idiots like you didn't plague the Project B forums and people still thought Brawl didn't have hitstun cancelling. Same goes for the physics and character roster (Mewtwo and Roy were never outdated - ********* you).

crush

Smash Master
still trying to figure out tripping. in melee the closest thing to it that i can put into the dash animation is the same thing that happens when a character's momentum slides them off of a platform while theyre holding shield. it'll be hard to figure out how to put that into the dash randomly, and even then InsaneCarzyGuy says we might not need tripping (or maybe only with MarthKnight). W/e if yall have any ideas feel free to discuss with other Project B fans.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I'd rather not have tripping it was just a random chance for someone to get a free smash...unless you try to put in Diddy.

Use the time for other things.

Thor

Smash Champion
If you use bananas tripping is fine, but if you were never planning to add tripping might as well not. I thought the goal was to show off the physics engine, not let people keep getting Sakurai'd.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
No it doesn't adventure mode and low gravity and snake embody brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom