• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project 2: The Book of Lucario (The Big Project)

iRJi

Smash Champion
O.K. time to start this thing up. If anyone wonders what this is about, please read the first thread of this link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239069

Also, I am aware Timbers made a thread like this, But he gave me permission to take over. Now I am going to run this thing.

The Book" is a term where you have a basic idea of how your character should be played, along with some extra perks. I noticed when I was editing the new guide that we tech. don't have, and never created "The Book" for Lucario. (Meaning there is no standard way of playing him, and everyone just improvises) While Improvising is a good idea, we need something more basic, but also at the same time something that will benefit every Lucario who will ever play this game.

The book will be Timbers Idea for the punishing guide, but I will be the one running it, since:

1) Timbers will be soon leaving us to pursue his career to take over the world
2) I have extra stuff to be put onto the idea that will make it run smoothly.

So without explaining it any more then it needs to be. Our next project will be "The Book of Lucario" which will consist of

What moves will punish what for each character
tips/Tricks that will work for that character

Its a basic idea, but will be the most important thing that we will ever do for this place, since after this we will know how to punish the move, or at least have an idea how to. From there, we can improvise our playstyle to make it our own.

Like i said before, this is a serious thread. I will not except laziness from anyone who is helping. Also there will be penalties without a good reason why you might be slacking on your part. The first time will be a warning if you are late with a submission. The 2nd time will have you removed from helping. If it there is not enough people because of laziness and forgetfulness, then I will continue the thread with the remainder of the people who are helping in a private section, and will not share any information with anyone on the boards. Everyone who has asked to help will need to participated for everyone to get the benefit of this thread (So people, if you see someone slacking, it gives you a good reason to PM and tell them to do there part)

The teams are

iRJi
Phil /AuraSmash14
D. Disciple/Hough123

Teams might switch depending on who will be the last person to join and help.

The characters we will do for this week are:

Snake, DK, and R.O.B

IRJI - Snake
D. Disciple/Hough123 - DK
Phil/AuraSmash14 - R.O.B

Exports:

Snake, DK, R.O.B

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Ok thats fine.. my only other problem is contacting phil.. after all he lives in oregon which is about 8-12 hours difference in timezones.

hough123

Smash Ace
I will now refer to our team as gold team.
GOLD TEAM RULEZ!

lol@oldspongebobrefference.

RJ, there is one problem. I'm going on vacation starting Monday\Tuesday util Saturday.
I can do a crapload of work today to make up for it, but I'll be unable to test starting Tuesday at latest. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but my mom JUST told us this.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I will now refer to our team as gold team.
GOLD TEAM RULEZ!

lol@oldspongebobrefference.

RJ, there is one problem. I'm going on vacation starting Monday\Tuesday util Saturday.
I can do a crapload of work today to make up for it, but I'll be unable to test starting Tuesday at latest. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but my mom JUST told us this.
LOL. Better do alot to day then. I am also going to be doing my testing today. I am not worried about it completely yet because not every body saw the thread yet, so its ok. Next week though i will be pinning down people.

hough123

Smash Ace
LOL. Better do alot to day then. I am also going to be doing my testing today. I am not worried about it completely yet because not every body saw the thread yet, so its ok. Next week though i will be pinning down people.
I checked, and we'll be leaving Tuesday morning. I should be able to do quite a bit in the mean time though.

WHen I do my testing, how should I test it? Like if I wanted to see if our Fsmash punishes DK's Fsmash, should I test it at the same time, after it starts, or at the end?

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
SSK and Flamey have returned... This gets keeping better and better.. (srsly)

hough123

Smash Ace
I'm still here today, so I can keep testing.
For DK, I'll do a close and far ranges for DK's Fsmash and such, as the options are totally different.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I'm still here today, so I can keep testing.
For DK, I'll do a close and far ranges for DK's Fsmash and such, as the options are totally different.
I had to do the same for snake. I finished him already, and will post up the results later.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
The word you're looking for is The Lucario Renaissance

Also one of the DK mains left for Spain, but hopefully I can try to get the other one over before I head out to Genesis.

hough123

Smash Ace
I have no MSN\AIM, but I'm active so w\e.
I have an idea, how about you let Flame take my place this one time, then give him his own partner? It'd allow the project to carry on quickly and without delay.
Plus I've been hitting Majora's Mask pretty hard *blush*
I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to come here, but all I have to play is Melee on the 'Cube my mom let me bring =\

hough123

Smash Ace
*Waves both arms while hopping*
*Waves Back*
IIRC there were three people who wanted to help, that makes one pair and one extra. The extra could take my place while the pair did seperate work. Sorry for not explaining in-depth XD

iRJi

Smash Champion
Looks like this is in a hurry to go nowhere quickly.
If you assume that then obviously you have not read the first post. If no one wants to participate that is fine with me, because I will personally do each character myself. Also the negative comments around here you can just hold them to yourself please. It is simple really, how can something go anywhere when it tech. has not even started yet >_>

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
That's fine and dandy, doing research on your own, but if no one is there to help you, this thread will die sooner than later. I'm just estimating though, and this is based off of all the threads I've lurked.

I guess I might as well get active here again...

hough123

Smash Ace
RJ, don't mind Bear. He's always this depressing and hopeless.
Oh yeah, inb4flame :|

iRJi

Smash Champion
RJ, don't mind Bear. He's always this depressing and hopeless.
Oh yeah, inb4flame :|
I never mind people who assume things lol. Assumptions are just theory-crafting, and I don't play theory craft. I actually look for facts and truth. =]

Btw, You will only be gone for about a week, and that's no biggie. I actually am being too strict on timing, mainly because I want this done. I will have to ease up a bit more, and I honestly don't mind doing this thread mainly by myself. After all, I still get a benefit from it.

hough123

Smash Ace
I never mind people who assume things lol. Assumptions are just theory-crafting, and I don't play theory craft. I actually look for facts and truth. =]

Btw, You will only be gone for about a week, and that's no biggie. I actually am being too strict on timing, mainly because I want this done. I will have to ease up a bit more, and I honestly don't mind doing this thread mainly by myself. After all, I still get a benefit from it.
Thanks RJ =)
I know Bear from another forum, and he's always like this =\

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
There was a wide spectrum of behaviors in the old lucario forums.
-Azen was completely goofy in posting, would rarely come, but would often just make us laugh. Also well respected (obviously)
-Tallen and Tedward2000 were really nice, I don't think they ever really hard-flamed anyone.
-Milln was like guru-man, pretty nice, pretty resourceful.
-Timbers and Stauffy were like the logical but blunt ones, often would say the smart thing. They also had a pretty good grasp on the metagame overall.
-If you thought Timbers made you depressed/rejected, you haven't met "the Bear". He had some method to his madness though.
-Then there's Xavant, who would cause the ultimate chaos known to SWF XD

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
Thanks RJ =)
I know Bear from another forum, and he's always like this =\

You "know" me? Why are you getting butthurt over a dead forum that I trolled? I trolled the ****ing morons who thought that Melee was trash and that their favorite nostalgic character/flavor of the week should be DLC or in Brawl 2. More importantly, you were never on that forum, so how do you "know" me? Unless you're a fan of lurking dead forums that generate stupidity at a deadly rate, I don't see how you "know" me. Oh, and "know"-ing someone online? That gave me a good chuckle. I'm hoping against my general hope in people that you don't actually think I act like the way I troll constantly in other forums or even irl. You would severely disappoint me in just what I would generally expect out of someone with a functioning nervous system and has a communicable level of consciousness if you did, indeed, think that.

More importantly, it just is depressing that you can't even see past the fact that I've done a good troll to a few morons to where you discredit me after two posts of impressions that are slightly pessimistic. You're giving me very little credit in regards to how I post, which is just plain insulting to how I think. If you can't understand how or why I post, don't bother speaking of me with the idea of "know"-ing either of those qualities of my posts. And I'll bet anything that if you can't do either of those things, you won't be able to see what I'm saying and get past my flames, which are meant to weed out the stupid and weak from the strong minded. As a famous (and currently anonymous) quote goes: "The problem with the world is that the stupid and ignorant are so cocksure while the intelligent and aware are constantly doubting themselves." I don't mean to imply that this quote is directly applicable to my posts, but it is a little bit of my general forethought behind finding those who aren't stupid. Just think of my flaming as a test. The test is "Can you read between the lines?" (I'd have made a dif title but for simplicity's sake...) The dumb and moronic will just cry online for a mod or attention in a victimized manner, and generally strawman with their responses. The smart can get past my flames and actually respond to me. The question is, will you? Can you? I'd like to see whether I'm right or wrong.

Excuse me? I say that I'm only estimating the future of this thread based on (what I would call) reasonable logic and suddenly I'm assuming and theory-crafting? I'll somewhat admit that I assumed that this thread would go nowhere and that I can't completely blame you for thinking the things you think based off of my few and far words, but a theory? I can only imagine that you mean this in the worst way possible, even though the actual definition of a theory is, "a logical conclusion or idea that is supported logically, factually, and is reviewed by other peers for agreement and error analysis". I'm only seeing the correlation in these forums. (for reference, important = relevant to the metagame) More important threads lead to less responses (there are a few examples to say otherwise to this) and less important threads (i.e. spam-ish threads or "hay I jus discovverd tis secshun so lut me pust a thred/?") garner more responses and activity over the same span of time. Granted, more important threads will eventually receive a decent amount of activity, but more often than not, threads aimed at furthering the metagame generally don't get enough activity. I wouldn't call this debatable, as everyone has come to the consensus that this forum is dead in activity, and I'm just going by the facts to support this conclusion. (if you call this a theory and I will ****ing maul you)

As it stands, I don't know what hole you pulled the "theory-craft" out of, but you can shove it right back up that aforementioned hole (and the horse you rode in on as well), because you're just ad hominem'ing away from my point on how other people helping you, this thread will likely die unsuccessfully. (What I find funny is that you got so little from my small posts, but I was able to get much more from yours. Reading comprehension? [hominem for a hominem]) By all means, try to make it work, do the research, further the metagame, etc., because I do want this metagame to progress. However, I just saying my piece on what I expect out of this thread from the first page and a half of responses. No one's actively said "I'll help" and seems reliable enough to actually help, in my eyes. You could count FWK and Phil, but in the times I've posted here, they've been inactive-ish, so I'm not confident in them as of yet. I just don't see this happening so far, but it could work, and I do want it to work.

tl;dr: my (I'm tempted to say supported) opinion =/= theory craft and you are a moron for thinking so. For one calling assumptions, you sure make a lot more of them than I do.

As it stands, I might decide to work on this. Don't call me someone who's a guaranteed tester, researcher, or even general suggester; this is all based on if I care enough. I've been contemplating quitting Brawl after Genesis, so I might not even be playing as it is. However, if I can help make this metagame a little bit more active, I'd love to participate in doing so. This game got boring once there was nothing left to learn with Lucario, and it seemed that he was dying in terms of viability. I'll consider helping if I think I can. Don't worry about it either way though.
I'm not even that important to this forum.

@ phil: finally someone notices that there is a method to my madness. btw sorry for the derailment.

quick edit so I won't have to post: Aurasmash is one of those weak people I was talking about, and Hough isn't completely. Hurray.

hough123

Smash Ace
Well I don't "Know" you, I know of you, and you don't have a very good rep in my mind. All I ever saw you doing was spamming and trolling, which is fine on that forums but we're trying to work over here. NSider2 smashboards might as well be Power-on 2 with a smash theme. When I saw that you posted a typical Bear post....whatever. This is only going to become an endless flame war between us, soI'm not even going to try =\

I guess you win :laugh:

I'm leaving today to go south, so no testing for a week =P

iRJi

Smash Champion
Trolling.
See now, I had my issue before with people who just randomly pop back on the forums and, Like i said, "Assume" that things are not going to work out, so let me break it down for you a bit.

For one, you may notice that we are completely revamping, as a slow as it may seem, its going to work. I also have an issue with people who have a negative personality who come to the forums and semi trolls a few things that they shouldn't be. I honestly don't care if you have logic to your retardedness, let alone to your madness, so keep the filthy comments to yourself because as you can see, no one other then yourself is willing to hear you out, esp. how you present yourself. Phil isn't going to do it, all he really said was that you had some method that I personally don't care about right now. A few others know about me, and my attitude against people who are negative about anything, period, because that will not get **** done.

So here is your new method: Either you keep your comments to yourself while you post around here, or go somewhere else where your comments will be tolerated. I personally don't care if you troll, get an attitude, or do what ever if its in your head, you know? That way I don't have to see it, and neither do the rest of the people who are trying to help. This isn't a debate, so really just screw your logic about what is going to fall and what isn't.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
ooh, I love some good irony. You've officially lost any credibility as a poster on this forum unless you're posting factual stuff (which I will now thoroughly question), so good game son. You didn't take the time to analyze or respond to my post, so I won't with yours. Enjoy being a horrible debater.

btw, you can call this trolling
and from what I've seen, nice strawman skills

iRJi

Smash Champion
This isn't a debate, so really just screw your logic about what is going to fall and what isn't.
ooh, I love some good irony. You've officially lost any credibility as a poster on this forum unless you're posting factual stuff (which I will now thoroughly question), so good game son. You didn't take the time to analyze or respond to my post, so I won't with yours. Enjoy being a horrible debater.
To hell if I care, lol. I never looked for your respect anyway so good. Personally, I rather if you don't pay me mind. That way, I can get **** done.

Now moving on. Phil, I am moving the deadline for this to a week later, since not everyone got the memo at first of what was going on. Remember to compare notes when you do get them also. Also, I will have to redo Snakes Aerials attacks, so my edit will be a bit later when I get them (Most likely tonight, or tomorrow)

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
To hell if I care, lol. I never looked for your respect anyway so good. Personally, I rather if you don't pay me mind. That way, I can get **** done.

I'd try to get the local troll on your side if I were you

but seriously though, if I was stopping you from getting anything done, then lol @ you. And it stopped being a debate as soon as you wussed out of acknowledging that my ideas were based on facts, so w/e. and I'd care about the respect of posters if you're trying to manipulate them into giving you constant mod referrals and stuff like that, but hey, that's just me.

Top Bottom