• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Professor Layton joins the brawl?

Renth

Smash Hero
you're dumb.

IF they make a new smash game btw. There's a good chance I won't play it anyway after the way the murdered the series with the latest one.

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
you're dumb.

IF they make a new smash game btw. There's a good chance I won't play it anyway after the way the murdered the series with the latest one.
Don't call me dumb >_> , im just showing what I found.
The next smash game will probobly be even less competetive than brawl is.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
but SONIC IS SEGA PROPERTYYYYYY AND SNAKE IS KONAMI

NOOOOOOOOOO THSI HAS TO B REAL

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Why is anyone even worried about the next Smash Bros? It probably won't come out until next gen nintendo...

And I can easily see Little Mac, Geno, and Megaman in the next Smash Bros, but Layton? I think not. MAYBE, an assist trophy, if that. What will he do? Solve a puzzle to break your shield? Throw pens? It makes no sense, and is 100% propaganda.

Fighting games are going downhill... It's like everything after SF4 no one cares about the gameplay and design. Anything to sell a quick buck. I'd be dammed if there will be another good fighting game. Actually, seeing the pig crap (in comparison to melee) that Sakurai produced I wouldn't be surprised by this move. But in the end, LAYTON? No.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Fighting games are going downhill... It's like everything after SF4 no one cares about the gameplay and design. Anything to sell a quick buck. I'd be dammed if there will be another good fighting game. Actually, seeing the pig crap (in comparison to melee) that Sakurai produced I wouldn't be surprised by this move. But in the end, LAYTON? No.
What? Blazblue? KOFXII?

SF4 isn't even that good.

#HBC | Gorf

i don't see what's so special about it. Two fighters, 2D, one floor, trying to drain eachother's health. Sounds like almost every fighting game...

#HBC | Gorf

Because first of all, it's my opinion, and they all seem to lack in flavor.

Second, it's relevant because all fighting games in my opinion are going downhill, and layton in the next smash? That'll just go with the fact that all fighting games are lacking to me.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Because first of all, it's my opinion, and they all seem to lack in flavor.

Second, it's relevant because all fighting games in my opinion are going downhill, and layton in the next smash? That'll just go with the fact that all fighting games are lacking to me.
But SF4 fits the description that you stated about "every" fighting game. Can't be hypocritical about it.

Blazblue has a lot of flavor baby. It's like Teriyaki on a stick with some jerky and ****, full of flavaaaaa.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
At first glance, yeah, Blazblue does look just like every other fighting game, however, even the designer of Street Fighter was amazed with the sheer amount of variety in Guilty Gear, and Blazblue has even more.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/fail-safes-in-competitive-game-design-a-detailed-example.html

all the tools listed here have been carried over into the new series, and each character has their own moves and cancels that only the can abuse. Each character is clearly built with competitive gaming in mind. Many of the balancing techniques that Sirlin describes are blatantly apparent in Blazblue, as well as the goals he list of balance with variety. Every character would be broken outside of Blazblue

A character givin the opportunity to destroy zoning options.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Wdj4iX-YE&feature=related

A charecter with insane Yomi Layer 3 options and mindgames http://www.sirlin.net/articles/balancing-multiplayer-games-part-2-viable-options.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbPK_52nAJk&feature=related

The most amazing pixie fighting charecter I have ever seen.
In fighting games, pixies are generally characters that are extremely fast, have hard to block mixups and/or can dish a lot of damage, have great movement options, but have poor defense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBajBkTJJmc&feature=related

Just a few examples of how good this game is made.

Top Bottom