• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Smashers from Peru - Tacna

blaze3927

Smash Ace
they were really really good to watch
does the smash bros you guys play on use ssb e version? or does south america have a seperate version

Battlecow

Play to Win
Having watched the first half, I'm impressed. I love Gohan's Falcon, and Stradon's DK is very good as well. Was this a tournament? Who won?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Having watched the first half, I'm impressed. I love Gohan's Falcon, and Stradon's DK is very good as well. Was this a tournament? Who won?
from the description it seems like it was at a torunament

Gohan has a nice falcon

watching others/edit post after I watch them

Edit:
Gohan has a great Link as well, Paptia has a good Pikachu. DK was fine as well

Its interesting how you guys play with 4 stocks, not 5.

malva00

Smash Master
I used to play 6 stock back in the day

changed to 5 because of other people

but i'll never change to 4

5 is good

6 is too long

4 is too short

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it like this?

brawl = 3 stocks
melee = 4 stocks or 5 stocks (not sure really, I remember Dmoogle saying he likes using 4 stocks because in Melee they do that but all the people i've played in Melee use 5 stocks)
64 = 5 stocks

DMoogle

A$
I used to play 5 stocks in 64, then I played a bunch of Melee and got used to 4 stocks, then I realized I liked it way more than 5 stocks in 64.

However, I do like bumping up the stocks if I'm doing a rematch. Sometimes I don't stop at 5 though. :p

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Melee is 4 stock.

I play 4 stock for friendlies because I switch characters often and I sometimes play campers.

Standard competition rules are 5 stock iirc. That's how I ran our last tourney (which died anyway).

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
the only time i even really will take it down to 4 stocks is Jigglypuff or Samus vs anyone if they are fine with that

chuckj

Smash Journeyman
i think 90%(at least) of japanese videos i watch are 4 stocks =0

gonna watch the videos now, they seem good by the comments!

malva00

Smash Master
I'd rather see more VLADY vids lol I heard he's been training with NessCozmos and LocoSmash.

If you wanna see Alancitu, watch him beat up CPUs on his youtube. That's all he's good for :laugh:

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather see more VLADY vids lol I heard he's been training with NessCozmos and LocoSmash.

If you wanna see Alancitu, watch him beat up CPUs on his youtube. That's all he's good for :laugh:
You are dum and don't know what you are talking about.
I already played the great Vlady about thrice in my life.. Do you want to know the results¿
Maybe I will play VLady soon

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
I remember the last time I played the Great Vlady.. I lost 3 matches in 2 hours of smashing. That was near his house more than 1 year ago.
Soon... some Alancitu vs The Great Vlady's vids.
PedroMiguelHR will upload more Tacna Pro Players Vids tomorrow I think.
Not only that but also he will upload some Vlady vs LocoSmash vs NessCozmos vs Nak vids.
They will be entertaining believe me. According to PèdroMiguelHR The Great Vlady is the best of them,
I also think that =P

xx0EleMenT0xx

Smash Apprentice
Alancitu thanks for showing us the talent thats in Peru. It looks like most of those guys will wipe the floor
with our kaillera pros, I watched some of Vlady vids doesn't look like he could beat you his pikachu wall combos sucked, but please put up more vids because your one of the GOAT's. Also it looks like you guys have enough pro smashers to ignite a North America vs South America SSB64 smashfest lol. One more thing I would pay CASH to see a Alan vs Isai 12 Character Battle it would be like watching a great boxing match something like Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao. THE WORLD AWAITS!!!!

rpotts

Smash Lord
I think you guys are overrating these players. They're definitely good but you can't say for sure that they would "wipe the floor with our kaillera pros"
Yea that's exactly what I thought when I read that post. I mean, how can we even compare console matches to online anyway? I mean, Gohan seemed really good, but not like unbelievable or anything.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
99% of your online pros sucks...all overrated.these players are faster,better mindgames,better spacing and much MUCH better combos.. (sry for the truth,i coudnt hold myself)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
99% of your online pros sucks...all overrated.these players are faster,better mindgames,better spacing and much MUCH better combos.. (sry for the truth,i coudnt hold myself)
How do you know? Are you going based on online vids? Because if so you have to take frame lag and lag spikes into account.

I also don't think you can really tell how good someone is from a video. You can only get a general idea.

Also are the combos in these vids that good? I mean half of them have a falcon so what do you expect :laugh:

Also a bunch more videos got uploaded

http://www.youtube.com/user/newTXWproduction#p/u

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Note that they surely posted their best matches with the best stuff too., but they are still pretty good.
Ive seen that Tacna is a city surrounded by a desert so i guess they play so much because theyre bored lol

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
Note that they surely posted their best matches with the best stuff too., but they are still pretty good.
Ive seen that Tacna is a city surrounded by a desert so i guess they play so much because theyre bored lol
yep,they are probably uploading their best matches..but my comment is based on the amount of videos of north american players (and i saw almost all the already uploaded to youtube), and the most "respected" still has an extremely low level by the standards of other places in the world ( not counting isai), only that they think are the center of the world that know nothing of other places,but for who really understand smash,they all sucks =P haha

DMoogle

A$
Good live players tend to do some things REALLY well, but are usually lacking in skill in specific areas. Good online players tend to be more well-rounded.

Top Bottom