• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord

What an awesome picture to start a new page with

Chad do you mind if Riley and I spend the night at your place on saturday and then head with you to the biweekly?

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Sure, Levi. I can't see why that would be a problem. Bring a sleeping bag or something tho... we won't have much room for sleeping.

And yah, for anyone who missed my previous posts on the subject:

Chad's Housewarming Party!

Sat, Sept 8th, 5:00pm

There will be:

- BBQ (bring your own meat)
- Smash (bring your own cube, game and controller)
- DDR
- Guitar Hero
- Friends and Family
- Booze (but certainly not if you're underage)

(perhaps some poker! o.O)

If I've ever meet you, you're welcome to come.

kithkin

Smash Champion
God ****it I wanna so go bad, but I dont think I can... at least not right now.

hey levi, can you/alex do the ride back from the bi-weeklie then since I'll have to get myself up there?

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
Sure, Levi. I can't see why that would be a problem. Bring a sleeping bag or something tho... we won't have much room for sleeping.

There will be:

- DDR
- Guitar Hero
- Friends and Family

MMMMMM Yes on comming! Yes on smash, wii and game/controller, Yeahyaz DDR, Yeahyaz GH, No family, they suck! and HELLS yeah booze, tequila for everyone at the warming, and ill be bringing my boozer too! Too bad i left my poker chips at home D= will there be actual money going around for poker?

And whats your address again? Can i come early? Ill make cookies?

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord

There will be:

- DDR
- Guitar Hero
- Friends and Family

Bah, couldn't wait about 2 more months for the booze thing. >_>

But yeah, I think I"ll be able to make it. As usual, I'll bring a cube.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Premium
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XX - RESULTS

SINGLES

1: DJT ($40.00)
2: Fox Machine
3: =]
4: Kithkin
5: M
5: Neat
6: MICH
6: Nitrocidal
7: RJM
7: Koda
7: JAPMAN
7: qazthecrazy
8: PKT
8: dreadheaddude
8: Poo

Note: Team matches did occur, though the results were never determined.

CREW BATTLE

Click here to view the NORCal vs. SOCal crew battle on video! Huzzah!

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
MMMMMM Yes on comming! Yes on smash, wii and game/controller, Yeahyaz DDR, Yeahyaz GH, No family, they suck! and HELLS yeah booze, tequila for everyone at the warming, and ill be bringing my boozer too! Too bad i left my poker chips at home D= will there be actual money going around for poker?

And whats your address again? Can i come early? Ill make cookies?
57 Martinridge Way NE

If you come early, you might be put to work setting up! But yah, I don't mind if you're early. Cookies?! I LOVE Cookies!

Also, we have played 20$ buy-ins poker in the past, although that number can be up for discussion.

DJT88

Smash Cadet
Hey Chad, My brother and I have to do birthday stuff with my mom this weekend, so I don't know if we'll be able to come, I'll try my hardest, but do you mind if we're really late?

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Premium
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XXI

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XXI
We will be hosting our twenty-first bi-weekly Smash session on Sunday, September 9th, 2007.

"I'm not one of those people who stick to their old strats no matter what just because that's what they feel comfortable with even though they don't work. It's really simple, If I'm playing a certain person, or even a certain character, and I'm getting my ass handed, I'll switch a lot of things right then like maybe my pace, I'll try a move I've been neglecting, I'll grab more/less, spam more/less, things like that. So the combos just come from years of constantly switching my strats and trying new things to see what moves chain the best and work the best overall as far as damage and knockback. Trust me, it took a lot of years of getting my ass beat by Zelgadis's Fox to come up with some good reliable combos, same goes for every other character in the game."
The GERM, "The Hylian Nightmare": A Link Combo Video by The GERM, 2005

For review:

Entry Fee: $5.00

Date: Sunday, September 9th, 2007

Time: 1:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 403-869-3971

We hope to have everyone here for about 1:00 in the afternoon which should give us enough of a morning to prepare for the arrivals. As it is in my nature to be a hospitable host, I will do my best to ensure that no smasher goes dehydrated, however thanks to continued contributions to the Pro Impact Treasury, most of the gratitude for the refreshments is owed back to the players. Additionally, we typically have a variety of deliciously hedonistic snack foods available for all those who attend, too!

Now that I've sold you on the free food, I'd best explain the rest. The $5.00 entry fee you pay to enter the tournament grants you both passage into our house for a day as well as a position in the double elimination bracket for SSBM Singles; the Doubles tournament is free and tends to be less competitive anyway. The winner of the Singles tournament takes home half the pot comprised of all the entry fees and the other half goes towards the aforementioned Pro Impact Treasury, the fund that keeps ProImpact.ca and the bi-weeklies themselves financially afloat.

The entry fee is purposefully kept quite low and with a 16-player tournament, the winning pot is still only $40.00, which is hopefully enough to keep it competitive while still maintaining a casual and friendly environment. It is important that the tournament is accessible by everyone and that the cost is low enough that a brand new player won't be discouraged from coming based on the pretense that they have to win.

The telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone from a Calgary area code and I accept calls 24 hours a day...even from total strangers...so if you find yourself having nightmares at 4 in the morning and waking up in a cold sweat because you're not sure whether or not you can counterpick Rainbow Cruise at the next bi-weekly, have no fear! Just give me a ring and I'll roll haphazardly out of bed to answer your call. Maybe.

We would like to know who is attending before 1:00 actually rolls around as well, just in case we end up trying to seat 35 people who didn't sign up in one 3-bedroom home. So, if you would like to attend, please post here!

There will be a 16 player cap on this event and I will post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below. If you find that all of a sudden it's Sunday and the bi-weekly starts in half an hour but you're still on the "unconfirmed" list, don't even worry about it. Unless we already have 16 confirmed players and another 6 on the waiting list before you, I'm sure we can find space. The player cap can stretch a little bit in either direction to best accomodate each tournament if necessary.

If there's nothing else, we'll see you all when you get here!

CONFIRMED
  • RJM - (Randall) N
  • JAPMAN - (Sho) N
UNCONFIRMED
  • xlonesoulx - (David)
  • DJT - (Jeremy) N
  • M - (Allan) S
  • =] - (Levi) S
  • Koda - (Kevin) N
  • Fox Machine - (Gary) N
  • PKT - (Preston) N
  • dreadheaddude - (Baker) S
  • BackItch - (Chad) N
  • Neat - (Riley) S
  • Nitrocidal - (Alex) S
  • QAZ (Jeremiah)- S
  • MICH - (Mitch) N
  • JAPMAN - (Sho) N
  • Kithkin - (Brad) S
  • Pawl - (Paul) S
  • Valdemar - (Dean) N
  • xpiritflare - (John) S
  • JIN - (Chris) N
  • BlueBlueGlassMoon - (Jesse)
  • pibbers - (Alex)
  • BackItch - (Chad) N
  • quickysilver - (Kevin)
  • mikeymoo - (Mike)
  • Casanoooova (Alex)
  • Punky - S
CCSC ROSTER
=] | ~.~? | BackItch | Bizzareo | BlueBlueGlassMoon | BlueInfusion | Buddyvishnu | Cappin' Wings | Casanoooova | Depressed_Brian | DJT | dreadheaddude | FalseFalco | FastFox | Fox Machine | Head Of Medical Operations | I T I | Jiangshadow | JIN | K Lover | Kithkin | Koda | LeeSharpe | LemonLau | Lord Efrem | M | MagnuM | MAIN Attraction | MICH | MikeMonkey | mikeymoo | Neat | Newman | Nitrocidal | No Limitz | pibbers | PKT | Punky | QAZ | quickysilver | R.L.Prodigy | RJM | Seyasha | SHWN | Steve | Swipes | The Brown Thunder | The Prized Pig | Tyson | Valdemar | Venom Dream | Victra | xlonesoulx | xpiritflare | Zeh Chopper

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Number of people? Darn, I've lost track.
There's so many people that are "kinda, maybe"...

I would plan for 10 people and if the rest don't get cookies, well... that's the way they crumble.

As for Jeremy, it's still okay if you come late. Levi and Riley are staying the night, so there's gonna be smash'n 'till the wee hours of the morning (and beyond).

And finally, regarding the biweekly, I'll be able to come but I'm going to have to leave early, again. I'll know exactly WHEN I'll have to leave later.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
omfg poker?!?!?!? i want in, that is if levi is still driving me? i'll stay over too i guess if levi was to drive me. and if i decide to bail on the sleep over then im sorry, and i'll be fine on the way home.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
If Chad is awesome enough to give a ride from his place, Riley, Alex and I should be confirmed

Allan, I'm getting a plan together on how things will work for the south people. there doesn't appear to be any flaws yet...

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I'll need to get you guys to help me install the extra seat into my van, but yes, I can drive you all.

And if you wanna stay overnight, bring a sleeping bag.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Well, I'm down for a less formal crews. It's fun of course, but we should at least tone down the number of stocks / not video it, etc. You gotta remember it's Randall's choice in the end.

Anyway, yeah I should be confirmed. Unfortunately, Levi's spacebar isn't.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Premium
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
How about 4-man 20-stock crews? The idea only springs to mind because it would be conceivable to compete as the Pro Impact Players featuring Team Awesome featuring Nitro. :)

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
is.this.a:this.sunday.thing.or.a.biweekly.after.this.upcoming.one.thing?

I.think.i.should.go.for.the.gold.on.this.one,I.don't.think.my.keyboard.is.gonna.fix.itself.and.I.only.have.5.bucks.=P

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
is.this.a:this.sunday.thing.or.a.biweekly.after.this.upcoming.one.thing?

I.think.i.should.go.for.the.gold.on.this.one,I.don't.think.my.keyboard.is.gonna.fix.itself.and.I.only.have.5.bucks.=P
Strange....
I saw a space in your text! It looked like "th is.upcoming" and "don 't.think"
I could even highlight the space separately! Heck, I can copy/paste them and they have spaces.

But when I goto quote the text, there's no spaces.

And I was just about to get 'ya heck for faking this keyboard business....

Protip:
You can make your text look normal if you highlight a space, copy it, and press Ctrl+V everytime you want a space.
More work? Yah. But at least you don't look like a weirdo.

kithkin

Smash Champion
oh hay chad, if I can show up really late I'll come and sleepover if also possible.

edit: that'd be after you're good and drunk and will be losing a lot and willing to bet.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
It might be a bit cramped, but yes, you can sleep over.

As Randall said, this is going to be a good test for Melee's End.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
The.spaces.are.automaticaly.made.after.a.certain.amount.of.characters.so.that.people.don't.make.rediculously.large.words.

can't.wait.for.saturday/sunday

kithkin

Smash Champion
Yeah, if everything works out for me my dad can give me a ride later (god knows how late, is there a limit?)

and yeah I'd sleepover and take advantage of that ride to randalls, and it sounds like my dad could also do the way back from randalls for the usual crowd, riley, levi, alex, myself.

Any objections?

edit: for randall, I talked to victor, hes not staying with levi, he said hes either staying with me(including sean) or with his cousin, or with nobody.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah that's right, it all depends. I have a cousin who's living in Calgary for University and if he's not busy or anything i'll stay at his house, it's my best choice but he lives with his girlfriend in an apartment so i don't wanna impose and have a friend of mine stay. Myself and my brother is enough already, so i'll probably stay at Brad's house, but i guess that's up to if Sean's dad is willing.

All in all, it's a safe bet that my parents will drive in for the tourney and drop us off so he can go to chinatown and shop etc.

Top Bottom