• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Levi you bum, host a day of smash someday that works for me or I'll hate you forever ;_; ( ^.~ )

Where's Neil on the power rankings... dam, you're all clarks.

I don't know when your birthday was, Chad. But, nonetheless, happy birthday :chuckle:

yesterdaykid

Smash Rookie
Well i'm sorry to say that i might use marth for this tourny, if you really want i could use ness in like a pre tourny match or something/

by the way what character do you use Kithkin?!

Flipp'n hell im going to be Shunned at this thing, you all know each other's names and stuff im bringing a friend!

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Neil's not on the PR because he doesn't play. You don't want to suffer the same fate as Neil, do you John? (jk...but seriously)

Nice to meet you yesterdaykid. So who are you posing as? Ken or M2K? ;)

yesterdaykid

Smash Rookie
no one im a ness user all the way i just thought Marth would be a good character to play i guess my being a poser suspicions were true huh?

Went to youtube, see what these tourny's are like and i am pretty sure i'm a gona get OWNED!!!!!! sorry to disapoint but yah i need to practice A LOT!

kithkin

Smash Champion
Well i'm sorry to say that i might use marth for this tourny, if you really want i could use ness in like a pre tourny match or something/

by the way what character do you use Kithkin?!

Flipp'n hell im going to be Shunned at this thing, you all know each other's names and stuff im bringing a friend!
Theres always lots of friendlies.

I USE SHE-IK DUH. I'm the one who gets ragged on the most and a lot because of sheik.

and no way, trust me, we are very very inviting.

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
No I was just joking because you weren't clear as to which Marth player you were referring to that was a "north american smash tourny winner".

But yeah, welcome to the community!
(and yes we are all very friendly :))

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Guy's I just realized; Teams for Cast3, Gary are you teaming with Jeremy? I may need to reconsider teaming with chad since we are both directors.

Anyone for suggestions? I know brad + myself sucks, and riley + myself sucks. Riley goes well with brad, I think chad and i would work and im pretty sure gary and i go well but he's probably going with jeremy.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XIX - Aug. 12, 2007

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XIX

We will be hosting our seventeeth bi-weekly Smash session on Sunday, August 12th, 2007.

"Isn't Alberta in USA?...oops, Alberta, Alaska, not the same thing."
Wak, Ready? GO!! Lethbridge AB 2v2 Tournament!, 2006

For review:

Entry Fee: $5.00

Date: Sunday, August 12th, 2007

Time: 1:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 403-869-3971

We hope to have everyone here for about 1:00 in the afternoon which should give us enough of a morning to prepare for the arrivals. As it is in my nature to be a hospitable host, I will do my best to ensure that no smasher goes dehydrated, however thanks to continued contributions to the Pro Impact Treasury, most of the gratitude for the refreshments is owed back to the players. Additionally, we typically have a variety of deliciously hedonistic snack foods available for all those who attend, too!

Now that I've sold you on the free food, I'd best explain the rest. The $5.00 entry fee you pay to enter the tournament grants you both passage into our house for a day as well as a position in the double elimination bracket for SSBM Singles; the Doubles tournament is free and tends to be less competitive anyway. The winner of the Singles tournament takes home half the pot comprised of all the entry fees and the other half goes towards the aforementioned Pro Impact Treasury, the fund that keeps ProImpact.ca and the bi-weeklies themselves financially afloat.

The entry fee is purposefully kept quite low and with a 16-player tournament, the winning pot is still only $40.00, which is hopefully enough to keep it competitive while still maintaining a casual and friendly environment. It is important that the tournament is accessible by everyone and that the cost is low enough that a brand new player won't be discouraged from coming based on the pretense that they have to win.

The telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone from a Calgary area code and I accept calls 24 hours a day...even from total strangers...so if you find yourself having nightmares at 4 in the morning and waking up in a cold sweat because you're not sure whether or not you can counterpick Rainbow Cruise at the next bi-weekly, have no fear! Just give me a ring and I'll roll haphazardly out of bed to answer your call. Maybe.

We would like to know who is attending before 1:00 actually rolls around as well, just in case we end up trying to seat 35 people who didn't sign up in one 3-bedroom home. So, if you would like to attend, please post here!

There will be a 16 player cap on this event and I will post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below. If you find that all of a sudden it's Sunday and the bi-weekly starts in half an hour but you're still on the "unconfirmed" list, don't even worry about it. Unless we already have 16 confirmed players and another 6 on the waiting list before you, I'm sure we can find space. The player cap can stretch a little bit in either direction to best accomodate each tournament if necessary.

If there's nothing else, we'll see you all when you get here!

CONFIRMED
  • RJM - (Randall)
  • dreadheaddude - (Baker)
  • yesterdaykid
  • Punky
  • Colin - (Colin)
UNCONFIRMED
  • Pawl - (Paul)
  • xlonesoulx - (David)
  • Valdemar - (Dean)
  • xpiritflare - (John)
  • JIN - (Chris)
  • BlueBlueGlassMoon - (Jesse)
  • pibbers - (Alex)
  • Infil - (Ricky)
  • BackItch - (Chad)
  • Koda - (Kevin)
  • quickysilver - (Kevin)
  • M - (Allan)
  • mikeymoo - (Mike)
  • Kithkin - (Brad)
  • MICH - (Mitch)
  • =] - (Levi)
  • Fox Machine - (Gary)
  • DJT - (Jeremy)
  • Nitrocidal - (Alex)
  • Casanoooova (Alex)
  • Neat - (Riley)

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I have the power to double post in my own thread, so neener neener and nyah nyah!

Hi, yesterdaykid! Sorry about the potential shunning, that's my department, I just haven't had the chance to acknowledge these new people in my thread yet!

I try to do everything in my power to keep the bi-weeklies welcoming for new players and I can understand why you might choose to bring a friend. When the majority of the players already know one another, it is entirely natural to have reservations about what the environment would be like to a stranger.

However! That said, I've seen plenty of new players work their way into the fold quite nicely and that's because everyone shares a common interest: smash. If two complete strangers can both see what's funny about a recklessly suicidal Falcon Punch followed by a classic "Show me your moves!", then I'm pretty sure they'll be able to get along for at least long enough to get through a tournament. :)

I'm also very glad to hear about your heritage as a Ness player! Be wary of which character you intend to bring to the tournament. Lots of players like to play Marth and although he's much stronger than Ness at the competitive level, I think you might have a better shot at beating our players with a novice Ness since nobody gets to play against him that often.

Oh yah and if i wanted to register for Cast3 where and how?
3rd Central Alberta Smash Tournament "CAST3" - August 11th, 2007

Hey
Im interested in Joining one of your tournaments, but I've never done this online before
I live in southwest calgary and consider myself and "advanced" smash player
What's up, dreadheaddude, welcome to our happenin' Calgary thread. Arranging events through the internet is slowly becoming the de facto standard way of doing things, so hey, you might as well start somewhere! All I can promise is that we are all real people who do hold real tournaments every two weeks. :laugh:

There's plenty of players in the southwest, so it would be good to coordinate with them to see exactly where in the southwest you live. I know they do a lot of bi-weekly carpools up here for the tournaments, but if you have other means of transportation or would like a comprehensive step=by-step route mapped out on Calgary Transit, that works too. Besides, if you're not too busy prior to the tournament, you might even want to meet one of the players for a casual smashing just to get your feet wet and see how it goes!

Typically, I like to have the name and alias (i.e. whatever you want) of the potential attendees on the confirmed/unconfirmed list, so if you guys can get me some names of the friends that may or may not be attending (as well as your own), it would be most helpful. Otherwise, if you have any other questions, I or someone else would be happy to answer them!

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Welcome dreadheaddude! Hope you see you and yesterdaykid and the upcoming bi-weekly, or maybe even CAST3.

Hey Randall, how 'bout this for a quote?
Gary: So CAST3 is coming up. You gonna train up for it?
Randall: We're driving to Red Deer.

Or something like that. It's funny. :p

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Randall, will there be a bi-weekly on the 26th? Because if so, I might ask for that day off so I can attend it. I have to ask for a day off 2 weeks in advance so yeah.

Levi, I won't be coming to cast3, but can you still host a day of smash sometime in the next 2 weeks >_> purdy puhleez
I haven't played smash for like 2 months X)

Gary, I don't play anymore either >.>;;

kithkin

Smash Champion
LOL

wait, is alex back at that time?

I'll need to coordinate rides (I can do one, and depends on alex/levi for other?)

but I cang generally confirm.

yesterdaykid

Smash Rookie
Sorry about my lack of posts busy at work but um yah this sounds good i will be bringing a friend his name is Colin, also lives in calgary and i think he is using link, i might just go with ness.

Oh and im not a novice Ness user, been using him since the n64 days and i know how to use this little guy.

Punky

Smash Rookie
Are we allowed to change characters throughout the tournament?
Cause I also use, Iceclimbers and Ness as well.

kithkin

Smash Champion
You can change whenever you like, between matches, for counterpicks, etc.

besides, we're a very loose/friendly community, I mean whats this thing called banned stages? (thats not true, but hey, nobody really cares, we're not hounds.)

this just in, why is the quick reply box teeny.

kithkin

Smash Champion
this just in, you dont confirm players. you just play who you want.

but wait I thought you seconded marth not sheik... :/ meh, I hate hate hate sheik dittos, but I've gotten ver other people playing as sheik since it is probably the most overplayed character.

qazthecrazy

Smash Rookie
ok well i'll be comming on the 13th with baker poo and punky for shure and on a side note i want to say it will be nice taking all your money and pride with the best character ever made princess peach! prepair to die to turnips :D

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Guys Guys Guys.

When i say that, i mean the freshies. Come on and register for CAST3 already! The more the better!
Randall has the link in one of his huge posts above so check it out.

kithkin

Smash Champion
ok well i'll be comming on the 13th with baker poo and punky for shure and on a side note i want to say it will be nice taking all your money and pride with the best character ever made princess peach! prepair to die to turnips :D
good thing no one will be there the 13th. (unless its changed?)

this just in, I'm busy the 12th guys D=

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Mmm fresh peaches... I like :)

Top Bottom