• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

mach5

Smash Journeyman
yeah, in order to get better, you have to play better people, like what janitor said. everytime i go to the biweekly i have to play levi at least once. along with all those other people who **** me (john)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Your lucky you live in a city with bi-weeklies, you might as well attend them as often as you can.

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Lack of experience shouldn't be a deciding factor in whether you attend or not. The way you gain experience is by playing people (no matter how much you think playing lvl9's will make you better). So please, Punky, and all those that attended the last biweekly, come if you can make it.

This biweekly will be a special one; not only will it be an epic showdown of NorCal(gary) vs SoCal(gary), it might be the last chance in a while to play some of Calgary's finest smashers. The legendary John might just get a break from McDonald's and make it to this one. As well, Allan hyped up Pawl, whom I am now excited to play for the first time. And for DJT and myself, this may be the last biweekly we attend for a while due to school starting.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure Randall didn't give you guys an easy time last time, but how would you like to see Randall get his handed to him? ...I'm just kidding Randall ;) You'll do great!

Punky

Smash Rookie
Well if I'm not doing anything I'll see if I can make it.

Weirdest part about this tournament.
Is that Randal and Mich live in my old complex, and they live where my auntie used to live.
I was weirded out that it was next door to where I grew up playing N64 smash.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
....but how would you like to see Randall get his handed to him? ...I'm just kidding Randall ;) You'll do great!
Hahaha, well there isn't exactly a whole lot of evidence that I'll be doing great, as my tournament performances don't tend to be strong, but I appreciate the vote of confidence.

Everyone pretty much covered the whole attendance encouragement issue, but I feel as though it would be prudent to link to the FAQ anyway: "I got last. Should I bother coming again?"

FalseFalco

Smash Master
PimP.ca said:
As most of us have realized, far more skill is gained in defeat than could ever be learned in victory.
Sooo true. Besides, when I win a game by like 2 stocks or more I don't really feel motivated to play again. Only when it's a close game or even better, a game I lose do I feel like "ARGH ROUND 2!".

DJT88

Smash Cadet
This Bi-weekly is going to be epic! Confirm me AND what's this ?! New Challenger Approaches! my brother (PKT), okay maybe not a new challenger, but still. Even my brother wants to rep norcal in the crew battle. See you in 1.5 weeks, this may be the last bi-weekly I attend in a while (hopefully not).

kithkin

Smash Champion
ARG I'll work on it, news of whether I can come or not should arrive by later tommorow.

Should.

but yeah guys, come for sure, EVEN IF, you decide not to participate in NvS you can still play.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
once again, unconfirm paul because he just told me his boss wont give him the day off for some stupid reason. =S thats another one he has to miss out on. Im still coming though!

kithkin

Smash Champion
We're rivals now? sure, I beat you sometimes, I'd say were close enough to be rivals.

Or at least have really aggrivating and long sets.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol i think its from the movie, "The Stupids."
I wish i could post lyrics.

Im my own grandpaaaaw!

lol family channel.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Stanley stupid was stupid.

but hey its also from futurama, I just didnt realize it had to be a movie.

deit: "THATS COMING FROM MISTER. IM MY OWN GRANDPA"

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I always knew it from the Muppets, but it's important to note that it's not from any movie at all, but rather the song was popularized because of The Stupids.

Punky

Smash Rookie
Well you guys can't count me and Qaz in.
Both repping the south.
The DEEP south. >:D

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
it's not like anyone is going to punch you in the face, if anything it'll just be i hate you.

lol i say i hate people all the time

ps there you go chad

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I refuse to allow anyone to not attend one of my tournaments just because teenagers have fickle personality conflicts all the time. This is a sport, not a trip over to your friends' house and in sport, you play cooperatively, and competitively, with other players in your field regardless. We all follow the same rules and share a common interest in the game; that should be enough to get you through a tournament without hating people for no good reason.

If any serious conflicts ever come up (which I SERIOUSLY DOUBT they will), the aggressor will no longer be welcome in the ballpark. Everyone has always been kind and welcoming to new and old players alike up to this point, and I don't see any reason that that's going to change. It's difficult enough to run the tournaments without having to worry about babysitting, too.

kithkin

Smash Champion
...Does anyone actually hate you to the point of being a **** like that?

I mean, I just joke around, I dont mean anything. almost ever.

Top Bottom