• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

Ermine

Smash Ace
Blah Blah Card Games Blah
Blah Blah Blah Attack Mode Blah
Blah Blah Blah?
Blaaaaaaah!

Yea my Yugioh deck is much better than my Magic but I don't play competitive X_X

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
I was playing Yugioh cards with my friends today because I am just that cool...
I used to play yugioh, I pretty much stopped after the third booster pack haha.

I still have my deck, though it's pretty pathetic compared to the current ones.

Yea my Yugioh deck is much better than my Magic but I don't play competitive X_X.
Aha my deck in mtg wasn't really based on anything, just whatever I found good in the boosters I stuck in my deck.

About this bi-weekly, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm leaning towards being able to make it.
I'll give an official confirmation on Friday (well, evening or later, cause this post was technically on friday >.> )

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha heres the main difference between yugioh and magic, actually i'll give you two.

yugioh = having the most powerful cards and getting them at right times

magic = work skill into knowing how and when to use what cards and making a deck in a particular style to try to gain an advantage.

yugioh=crappy
magic=awesome.

i used to play magic competitively, i dont really anymore, since i got back into smash. like i still would play, but i got no new cards and the new abilitys make no sense ._'

"I kill you, you lose" 'no wait, i reveal my trap card that reverses it, now you're dead and its unblockable'
-yugioh

Ermine

Smash Ace
Yea but I find that Yugioh has better pictures on their cards X_X...

Actually... Nevermind... Pokemon wins in that section!

Go Furret and Jolteon! =D

Lol I still have a Pokemon Card Deck XD

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
It's just like a collectable card game! You might like it!

Only instead of played on a table, it's on TV... and instead of taking turns, everything is in real-time... and instead of having a few cards in your hand, you have a controller... and instead of playing said cards, you press buttons on this controler... and instead of using your imagination to picture the destruction you cause, you can see it all unfold on-screen with special effects and everything... and instead of collecting cards, you collect "tech skills" and "mind games". It's pretty neat!

So as you can see... JUST like a card game.

It's a bit faster-paced than most collectable trading card games, but you should be able to adapt quite quickly.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I have a pretty good deck built out.

See, I play my Peach card to start, with a "Turnip Spam" card face-up.
If the oppenent plays a "Crouch Cancel" card at any time, I reveal my "D-Smash" trap card that counters the "Crouch Cancel" AND deals around 70% damage. It's pretty savage.

On fast-faller type character cards, I can also repeatdedly play the "Up-Throw" card on the same turn.

You should see my deck! Why waste space with those "Tech Skill" cards when I can fill it with strats like these?

Ermine

Smash Ace
Chad! Your deck is seriously lacking the "Counter Sheik F-air" Trap Card!

EDIT: Awww man... I didn't feel good about today's performance at all... =(

I couldn't finish off the matches, and let them slip away X_X...

2v2 I just suck right now XD and I blame all our losses on me Levi X_X

Except that one time....

Anyways I guess I did a little better X_X

Also I found out that I live only like 10 mins away driving from Randall's.

=D

mach5

Smash Journeyman
the whole time i worried about comboing and saving john, but half the time he didn't need saving and thats all i ever practiced in doubles, was to save my partner

BKB

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone.

I never knew there was a smash community in calgary.. do you still have tourneys?

I have a bunch of friends that play and would probably be interested in the competition.

peace

mach5

Smash Journeyman
feel welcome to come. theres always a tournament every second sunday. if you look at the tournament calender you can see that it happens quite often. this tournamnet was strictly for improving skill and for fun, but resently randal started putting a 5 dollar entry fee and winner of the singles will get 50% of it. the other 50% goes into the production of proimpact.ca

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #13 - RESULTS

1v1

1: xpiritflare ($22.50)
2: =]
3: M
4: BackItch
5: Koda
5: Neat
6: No Limitz
6: RJM
7: JIN

Final-4-Free-4-All Winner: =]

2v2

1: Dudes of Lucky Illicitness (M & xpiritflare)
2: Team Awesome feat. Pine Thompson(=] & Koda)
3: Delusional Skill (BackItch & Neat)
4: Pro Impact Players (RJM & JIN)

Highlight reel currently in production...!
(YouTube)

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #14 - Apr. 22nd, 2006

We will be hosting our fourteenth bi-weekly Smash session on Sunday April 22nd, 2007.

"I picked up the Climbers after Kirby got the nerf so badly in Melee. At the time the game came out, I didn’t own a Gamecube and only competed against a passionate Marth/Samus player who was wavesmashing me all over the map when I still considered rolling a big part of my game.

I mained Falco for years until these three wise men of the tundra people showed me the way back home, and it’s good to be back."

Mich, Two Climbers, Two Hands -- A video tutorial, 2006

For review:

Entry Fee: $5.00

Date: Sunday, April 22nd, 2007

Time: 1:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 869-3971

We hope to have everyone around for about 1:00 in the afternoon which will give us enough of a Sunday morning to prepare for everything. As it is in my nature to be a good host, I'll try and see to it that the environment is hospitable and no one is ever dehydrated to the best of my ability. However, you might find yourself thanking some of the original participants for that, as they have been kind enough to bring refreshments in the past. :)

The $5.00 entry fee from each participant will be divided in two halves: one will go to the winner of the tournament, the other will go towards the Pro Impact Treasury, the fund that keeps ProImpact.ca and the bi-weeklies themselves financially afloat. The entry fee is purposefully kept quite low and with a 16-player tournament, the winning pot is still only $40.00, which is hopefully enough to keep it competitive while still maintaining a casual and friendly environment. It is important that the tournament is accessible by everyone and that the cost is low enough that a brand new player won't be discouraged from coming based on the pretense that they have to win.

The telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone from a Calgary area code and I accept calls 24 hours a day...even from total strangers...so if you find yourself having nightmares at 4 in the morning and waking up in a cold sweat because you're not sure whether you can counterpick Rainbow Cruise at the next bi-weekly or not, have no fear! Just give me a ring and I'll roll haphazardly out of bed to answer your call. Maybe.

We would like to know who is attending before 1:00 actually rolls around too as well just in case we end up trying to seat 35 people who didn't sign up in one 3-bedroom home.

So, if you would like to attend, please post here. There will be a 16 player cap on this event and I will post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below. If you find that all of a sudden it's Sunday and the bi-weekly starts in half an hour but you're still on the "unconfirmed" list, don't even worry about it. Unless we already have 16 confirmed players and another 6 on the waiting list before you, I'm sure we can find space.

If there's nothing else, we'll see you all when you get here!

CONFIRMED
  1. RJM
  2. BKB
  3. shiro420
  4. BackItch
  5. Kithkin
  6. M
  7. =]
  8. Neat
  9. xpiritflare
  10. MICH
  11. JIN
  12. JON
  13. Troy
  14. Pawl

UNCONFIRMED

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Hey, BKB is a good Street Fighter friend of mine. Probably the best 3rd Strike player in the city.

I'll need to show your friends something about Melee before they come to the tourneys, BKB. It's pretty intense over there.

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Whoa M and Levi both beat Chad the Tyrant. It's a revolution!

LOL @ Carl's remark at John. Maybe John will come to every bi-weekly from now on?
Anyway, congrats John at winning what should be the first of many pots.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
You were right fox machine, a little better mind games would throw off chad's peachyness. i just listened to what levi said, "CHAD YOU'RE SO PREDICTABLE" and i caught on

BKB

Smash Cadet
It's too bad my streetfighter skills don't help me at all in smash. :( But the best way to learn is to get your *** kicked right? So I'll stop sucking eventually.. I hope. lol

Teach me ganondorf Ricky.. is he good? I've still got the hots for Falco, but my execution is ****ty which makes for a ****ty falco.

If you could help me out with okizeme as well... ? :D

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
hmmm since I'll be calgary during this ranbat I guess I'll donate $5

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
oh man, this biweekly lands right on april 22 which is someones birthday, i doubt i can make it =(
Ah well, it's also the day Pokemon Pearl/Diamond are out, well, supposedly. I can't wait! :joyful:

LOL @ Carl's remark at John. Maybe John will come to every bi-weekly from now on?
Anyway, congrats John at winning what should be the first of many pots.
Nah I'll probably still miss some. But yeah haha Carl's a funny guy >.>;

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I've told you before, Falco is probably the character that requires the most technical skill in this game. He's in the top two, at least. You can't just jump into 3s and pick up genei jin Yun!

Ganon is a pretty solid character, yeah, and he's much easier to play. He's slow, but not unbearably slow, and he has lots of good finishing moves. Maybe you should pick up Peach. She's Chun-like in this game. :)

Ermine

Smash Ace
=) I have Diamond Pre-Ordered... But I will be Curling on Sunday so I can't make it... I probably will get the game when I get back on Sunday and then play Diamond like the rest of the day XD

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Ganon is the good version of Bowser

Also, Fox requires MUCH more tech skill than Falco and so does a really good Peach.

Good. Peach. lol.

Top Bottom