• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
I think we may have to get some sort of smashing going this week, possibly involving Infil. How busy are you people?
I approve of this. As long as it ain't on Wednesday :)

I was reading old posts in the B.C. thread, and it said a guy named Nick once came to Calgary to play a guy named Neil, is this him? If he's as good as you say he is I'd really like to play him. Why doesn't he come to the bi-weeklies?
I posted in the video discussion thread about Nick hehe. But yes he did come to Calgary, he did play the Neil that I know and that you're wondering about.

He works on Sundays, that's why he doesn't go.

And... hello there Gary :) you're on late, good to see I'm not the only one hehe :p

Edit: haha I just checked out all the threads you started and I found that awesome topic you made about power shielding! So that's where Randall found it hehe.
^.^

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Every Sunday? :p I guess I'll have to hunt him down someday.

Yes I'm a night owl. Staying up late is the only way I'll have enough time for schoolwork and smash.

Ahhh Randall, why did you have to open up the Pandora's Box that is my posting history?

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahahaha, that'll be interesting.

and randall i'm totally up for smashing, but i'm busy today and friday, which sorta sucks cause friday is always the best day.

i'll assume it'd be at your place?

Must play infil.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
edit2: also i love randomly getting lucky and owning when new guys start coming, cause it makes them think i am any good.
Woooooooooshhh!!!!

Every Sunday? :p I guess I'll have to hunt him down someday.

Ahhh Randall, why did you have to open up the Pandora's Box that is my posting history?
A big part of the reason that I don't think we see Neil on Sundays that he doesn't work has to do with the fact that only John seems to have the travel initiative to train downtown and then hop a bus 72 blocks north. It's not a particularly difficult transit route and there's not too much walking, but I can see how it would be daunting to anyone who doesn't normally travel long distances by public buses. Then again, I also believe that the tournaments are probably fun enough for the participants that making the trip just once might be enough to make it seem worth it for future endeavors.

As to Pandora's Box, I like to think that by opening that I have demonstrated the value of interaction within the Smash community and SmashBoards in general by showcasing the fact that over time, asking questions and studying the depth of the game is worthwhile, because even a question that sounds silly nowadays has gone some length to produce such a formidable and skilled smasher as yourself.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #12 - RESULTS

1v1

1: BackItch
2: Kithkin
3: Nitrocidal
4: =]
5: BlueBlueGlassMoon
5: NEAT
6: DEAN
6: pibbers

Final-4-Free-4-All Winner: =]

2v2

1: Me N'Riley (NEAT & Kithkin)
2: Team Awesome feat. Nitro (=] & Nitrocidal)
3: Hazardous Tacos (pibbers & BlueBlueGlassMoon)
4: Team Gynecology (DEAN & BackItch)

Highlight reel currently in production...!
(YouTube)

It turns out that tio's error recovery when it comes to thing like players being removed from brackets in mid-tournament is actually more robust than I thought with the latest features. I ended up cutting both myself and the spare Bye for MICH right out of this tournament in order to simplify the numbers and tio was able to support the actual results without having to fabricate any matches. The order isn't perfect (i.e. Levi and Brad actually played in the first round where Brad would advance to face Jesse, however the bracket reflects the opposite in terms of chronology) but I was glad to be able to sort it out since I didn't feel as though I hosted a particularly good tournament this time around and compounding that with failing to produce the results would've been personally unacceptable.

But moving right along, the main thing I need from everyone now is to ensure that you have filled out your CCSC smasher profile!!! so I can begin to compile a proper database of previous tournament results and the complete roster.

LeeWanderer

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone! Lee from Lethbridge here. Those of you who attended our tournament last Friday will probably remember LANsWARm, the outfit that showed up on their own and donated a ton of prizes without asking anything in return. Well, Lethbridge Smash has a new online home, and it's on their website.

Check out lanswarm.com and register for their forums. There you'll find several boards with info on Smash events taking place in Lethbridge, as well as info and updates on the 200 person LAN and console party taking place down here April 11-15.

For those of you who attended the tournament, and those of you interested in attending future ones, there's one thread in particular I'd like you to chime in on. Located here, it asks for input on the tournament, as well as suggestions and recommendations for future ones. I'd love to hear from all of you, and I hope that some of you will make time to attend LANsWARm on April 11-15. Randal, Chad and Chris had better do so. After all, all three won free passes. :)

One last thing. The first fifty people who sign up for the forums and get a ticket for the party will be entered into a draw for a Wii.

Ermine

Smash Ace
Burr aye, I be hurr signen up for thur next BI-Weeklie and oi hopes to see many beasts there burr...

Ahem... Excuse my Mole Speak but I want to confirm for the next Bi-Weeklie =D

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I go to university until 5pm on Thursday, but I'm kind of up in the north at that time (I usually take transit but I could drive that day if need be). I guess I could swing over to someone's house in the north if that's where the action's going to be. I wouldn't have a problem offering my place, but as I've said before, it's tough to get here if you can't drive. Though I'd be willing to pick up a group of people from Shawnessy and take them back, providing they can get to and from Shawnessy on their own.

This setup would work on Wednesday or Thursday, I think.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I never got a chance to do any of those PIC money matches, I'll bring a tv next time, if someone can bring a cube and junk we can have 3 setups and one can be for PIC money matches. Or if there is some smashing this week that will work. I hope something will be planned. I wish my house had more room so I could host and have something like 16 people. Maybe rent a place right next to my house or something =S.

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha, also levi, saturday i believe we had planned. (i'm still not finalizing yet due to inconvieniences in planning) but i think thats what we're going for we'll do it then.

Ermine

Smash Ace
If you have ever read Redwall you would know what I am talking about...

I don't even want to attempt to speak like the Otters... yet =D

Anyways yea.. confirm me.

kithkin

Smash Champion
nothing against welkin weasels, but redwall was the most annoying series ever.

the ant swam ****it, if he didnt, we would all have been purged.

Ermine

Smash Ace
What...

You probably have not even read the Welkin Weasels... BTW I don't think that Redwall's stories are that great I just like em cus they have animals in them =D

BlueBlueGlassMoon

Smash Rookie
Well, there's this book called Spot: The Dog. I hear it has a couple of dogs in it..

EDIT: Fudge, sigs have to be a certain size.. My new sig is being cut off :(

kithkin

Smash Champion
yeah sorry infil, i've been trapped up as of late.

and uh oh, we got a furry here.

also, jesse, ii can resize that for ya if you cant do it yourself.

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha, theres an edit button, i learned that lesson the hard way.

hay guys, who spams more? me or ermine?

and since i want it to be him i'm adding a pertinent comment. Chad, are we teaming for edmontown?

kithkin

Smash Champion
D= oh yeah, sorry.

riley, go with me. we are an awesome team.

and by resize jesse, i meant like crop it, i'm very good at reducing only what can be spared.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Been playing against my brother recently, trying to improve my other characters. I don't know if I'll be able to be good with every character in Melee, though I will try for Brawl I think. Anyway, worked on some Mewtwo and G&W tonight to increase my repertoire (and learned a few new Ness combos). I'm also learning how to play a reasonable Peach, but you won't be seeing it at the gatherings. :) So now the only characters I can't play well are Yoshi and, like, Falco (and my Fox is only average). I suck with the space animals. My Link is also only average.

Maybe I'll be the most versatile smasher in the group besides John? I wonder where Randall puts me on his undisclosed player rankings list. ;)

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
produce such a formidable and skilled smasher as yourself.
:chuckle:
But really. I'm only decent. Nothing compared to some of the better smashers out there.

OMGZ Infil theres a list?!
Gee I sure hope I'm on it cause I'm not on any lists right now.

Ermine and kithkin. I have no idea what you guys are talking about :ohwell:

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I'll be the most versatile smasher in the group besides John? I wonder where Randall puts me on his undisclosed player rankings list. ;)
Well, I only use the upper characters in the tourney, because, well, they have the better odds. Although, in friendlies, it's different.

I wonder who Pikachu and Marth would work well with X_X
Marth works well with a lot of characters. Marth and Falcon are supposed to be great (Ken and Isai anyone?)

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
What-Can-Be-Spared Reduction Inc. - A division of Kith Enterprises....

Oh dear, this is what I get for offhandedly mentioning my undisclosed list. :laugh: The trouble with undisclosed lists is that they're kinda like ancient tombs and regardless of how sacred their burial was at the time, someone will dig them up eventually if they chip away at it for long enough.

and by resize jesse, i meant like crop it, i'm very good at reducing only what can be spared.
He clearly designed the graphic himself; do you really think he'd be unable to crop it if that were the plan? :cool:

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #13 - Apr. 7, 2007 (SATURDAY)

In light of the Easter holiday, this tournament has been moved to Saturday!​

We will be hosting our thirteenth bi-weekly Smash session on Saturday, April 7th, 2007.

"Ganondorf has some masculinity problems himself. There are countless times when I've seen him humping (up+B) little kids (Roy) out of nowhere (on the recovery)."

firexemblemxpryde, Alberta vs. British Columbia Crew Battles, 2006

For review:

Entry Fee: $5.00

Date: Saturday, April 7th, 2007

Time: 1:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 869-3971

We hope to have everyone around for about 1:00 in the afternoon which will give us enough of a Sunday morning to prepare for everything. As it is in my nature to be a good host, I'll try and see to it that the environment is hospitable and no one is ever dehydrated to the best of my ability. However, you might find yourself thanking some of the original participants for that, as they have been kind enough to bring refreshments in the past. :)

The $5.00 entry fee from each participant will be divided in two halves: one will go to the winner of the tournament, the other will go towards the Pro Impact Treasury, the fund that keeps ProImpact.ca and the bi-weeklies themselves financially afloat. The entry fee is purposefully kept quite low and with a 16-player tournament, the winning pot is still only $40.00, which is hopefully enough to keep it competitive while still maintaining a casual and friendly environment. It is important that the tournament is accessible by everyone and that the cost is low enough that a brand new player won't be discouraged from coming based on the pretense that they have to win.

The telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone from a Calgary area code and I accept calls 24 hours a day...even from total strangers...so if you find yourself having nightmares at 4 in the morning and waking up in a cold sweat because you're not sure whether you can counterpick Rainbow Cruise at the next bi-weekly or not, have no fear! Just give me a ring and I'll roll haphazardly out of bed to answer your call. Maybe.

We would like to know who is attending before 1:00 actually rolls around too as well just in case we end up trying to seat 35 people who didn't sign up in one 3-bedroom home.

So, if you would like to attend, please post here. There will be a 16 player cap on this event and I will post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below. If you find that all of a sudden it's Sunday and the bi-weekly starts in half an hour but you're still on the "unconfirmed" list, don't even worry about it. Unless we already have 16 confirmed players and another 6 on the waiting list before you, I'm sure we can find space.

If there's nothing else, we'll see you all when you get here!

CONFIRMED
  1. =]
  2. BackItch
  3. Koda
  4. M
  5. NEAT
  6. Valdemar
  7. xpiritflare

UNCONFIRMED

Top Bottom