• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Gaming League Toronto- Brawl- 3 DAY EVENT- February 6th, 7th and 8th

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I won't come both days, only Saturday, however I just told my mom and she kinda got mad that it was so last minute...so as of right now I'm kind of iffy on it too.

nickcam

Smash Ace
I wont be making it to this one, flu johns.... Doubles probably wont happen at 50 bucks lol

kr3wman

Smash Master
I think doubles are decided to happen or not saturday if theres enough teams.

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
Hey Smashers, just a heads up that Pownz will not be running this event, though we will likely have an Pownz member attend. Good luck to everyone going, we hope to see you next Monday at Pownz for our singles/doubles tourney.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
They changed the times 12PM. I would still go if the greyhound times didn't suck so hard. SRTM and I won't be going. Oh wells.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
RESULTS:

1: Toronto Joe (Fox) $100
2: JL (MK/Wario) $40 I think
3: Mikey (Falco)

G'shiz TO Joe.

J.L

Smash Ace
Just wanted to say good stuff Toronto Joe. Your fox is really solid. I think this is the first time ive ever played a really good fox. It took me a while to realize wario wasnt really a good choice, but I'll be ready for your fox next time ;).

The tournament itself was really bad. For a 10 man tournament, it took 7 hours to finish?? We had only 1 set up too which made things much more frustrating.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i know the falco matchup well, ive said since day 1 that Fox has the advantage or its even, maybe people will start to believe more then just me and Mikey saying it XD

ggs everyone

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Yeah, that tourney was pretty horrible. I will never go back to another PGL tourney, as nice as the guys were. One setup for Brawl is plain horrible.

I'm disappointed by my performance, but it was nice seeing you all again (and meeting people I hadn't met before). =)

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Full (real) results:

1 Joe (fox)
2 JL (MK, Marth)
3 Mikey (Falco, ddd)
4 Carter (Samus, Snake, Pika)
5 Anthony (MK)
7 TKS (Ike, Snake)
7 Jaske (ICs)
9 Kinto (PT, TL)
9 Hizzi (Link)

Thx for the ride Carter, sorry you had a bad time u played really well.

JL - so close...after I won that first set I thought there was no way you were going Marth again, good stuff way too smart.

Joe - yay for spacies

Anthony - hope to see you at more stuff

TKS - glad u had fun

....too lazy to leave more msgs to everyone else....good games everyone

PGL sucks.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
yeah i should have listened to the montreal guys, they dont know crap about running a brawl tourney, 1 crappy projector t.v and they made us basically run the tournament ourselves, i want a god **** free tshirt:mad:

carter: aweome samus, definitely opened my eyes to Samus' potential, oh and im really thankful for you driving me to the subway

mikey: sexy beast, DO A BARREL ROLL!

JL: awesome Wario, you will have your rematch at the next tourney

Jaske: you were cool

Dizzi: he played Link only, nuff said, much respect

TKS: come out to more tourneys, it was a blast hanging out with you

Anthony: Vaughan casuals need to happen, great MK

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Cyan: he gave us updates about Allys **** in MMs today and the rest of cot4 happenings, and he gave me moral support, go vaughan

thar

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Was still a fun tourney though lol, probably because I had some really intense matches with JL

Also, I got no money for getting 3rd...I'm still angry about it.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
i know the falco matchup well, ive said since day 1 that Fox has the advantage or its even, maybe people will start to believe more then just me and Mikey saying it XD

ggs everyone
When I return we shall see what the matchup truly is like.

Top Bottom