• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Private) Vengeful Mafia!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just a heads up Marshy, as it stands I'm not sure I won't shoot you instead of Tom as you keep insisting. Both are pretty solid shot candidates IMO, and far as I can tell it's looking like a 50/50 shot between the two of you.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
boo. i'm afraid of lynching anyone because i think if they're town then they'd seriously consider shooting me except frozen. but i'm a little trusting of him now

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why Marshy over Tom mentos? In the grand scheme of things I don't see why there is any reason to shoot Marshy.

I was leaning more toward a Tom/Kevin pairing earlier, but the fact that you're saying you'd just as easily shoot Marshy as you would Tom, leads me to believe that you are likely Tom's scum partner and are pretending to "throw him under the bus" so to speak. Obviously as scum you wouldn't be able to shoot anyone anyway, so who you say you WOULD shoot doesn't really have to make sense, since you'd never be put in that situation.

Very tempted to vote mentos. I'm more certain of a Tom/Mentos pairing now. I'm just afraid, much like Marshy, that if he does flip town he's gonna shoot Marsh.

So yeah, mentos, why Marshy over Tom?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I never said Marshy over Tom, I said I can see arguments for both shots and honestly am not sure which I would be better off shooting. As I said in an earlier post, it seems "sides" have been established. Tom and Kevin for a long time didn't voice any suspicion on eachother, and Marshy and you haven't voiced very much on eachother. That just means when it comes down to it, I see them both as viable candidates, and that's why I suggested lynching Marshy or Tom and shooting one of the others. I think that would give us both scum instead of this way where I only see a 50/50 chance at catching scum.

Also, I would like to Unvote: Whoever I have a vote on(think I've got one out there somewhere

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't really understand why you're so convinced that the mafia pairings have to either be Me/Marsh or Tom/Kev. We're all good players here, and for mafia to openly buddy in a game such as this would just be way too obvious. This is why I'm more convinced that its you and Tom. Mafiat scheming to have one maf stay neutral and have the other work to create factions is a pretty strong approach to the game. Putting a shooter in a situation where they're thinking about players in terms of factions, and not individuals, would help a mafia that wants to attempt to hide behind their "buddies." Keep one player neutral, and one player hidden in a faction. This minimizes your chances to be linked to one another, and minimizes the chances that a "factionized townie" would shoot either of you.

Unvote
Vote: Mentos

I'm really hoping I'm right and you're the goon. IMO Tom is the play tomorrow for the easy win.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
[2] Mentos: KevinM, Marshy, Frozenflame

Not Voting: Tom, Mentos

Mentos, please send me your shot immediately. No posting in the thread.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Mentos shoots Tom

Frozenflame and KevinM win

GG ****

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha wow, GG Frozen/Kev. I was actually re-reading and considering all the options(although Tom and Marshy stood out) when I went to make my shot, then saw that Tom hadn't posted in almost 5 days, and his last post was saying "I'll respond to this later" and he never came back, and I decided that was too unusual for Tom to not shoot him.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, my gut was screaming Marshy solely because he stuck to his pre-discussion lynch/shot choices so strongly. By the end of a re-read, it came down to a gut vs. brain/semi-metagaming decision.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
or you could have waited for me to come back... its not like we had any deadlines...

i became very frustrated with this game and stopped wanting to post at all. Marshy's playstyle of:

1. x is mafia if town shoot y
2. stops talking altogether

had me very frustrated lately in AIM mafia and he carried it over to this mafia game and when he targeted me with it it was dumb. as scum he can simply rely on it like always except be totally wrong and as town he posts an ultimatum very early and basically expects people to convince him otherwise. its very frustrating and i feel like it totally dismisses discussion.

there was nothing wrong with my OMGUS at all...

i thought it was Marshy and Frozenflame. I was hoping Mentos would shoot Marshy instead of me and then I would vote Frozen so Kevin could hammer him. But it was Kevin and Frozen. Really good job you two.

I don't see why Mentos would accept the fact that Frozen hammered him so quickly with no pressure especially since it seemed like I, and NOT mentos, was Frozen's main suspect.

i dunno. i got very frustrated with this game and didn't even want to deal with it anymore. i blame marshy. (besides blaming myself for not fighting tooth and nail.)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i guess since i thought marshy was scum so much i didnt even think that kevin was. i never really thought mentos was because everyone else besides me thought he was (obviously theres no reason to bus in this game) kevin never gave me a reason to doubt him.

i only thought frozen was scum by process of elimination. obviously that was probably his plan as he cant look town to everyone so he had kevin look town to me and he looked town to marshy. very well played.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
GGs to all. Very stressful end lol.

I was put in a pretty tough spot. I'd been pushing Tom hard all game, but no one really seemed willing to bite. I knew that if I simply dropped it and went after someone else, it'd be IMMEDIATELY obvious that I was scum, willing to settle for lynching anyone.

So yeah, I had to create a link between Mentos and Tom, without destroying the relationship Kevin and I sought to create that led to the Tom/Kev and Me/Marsh factions.

Basically I was spouting bull**** to try and justify a transition to Mentos. I'm surprised he didn't come after me for ever even attacking him. Or anyone else for that matter. Every time I mentioned my "suspicions" of mentos I cringed at my posts. They were so phony and I was almost sure I'd get called out.

I guess I got lucky with how much I sailed under the radar.

I was terrified that Mentos would shoot me out of spite. The only reason I changed my vote so quickly was because I wanted to forced mentos to shoot before Tom could come back in so my "stalling" accusation would still stand. Furthermore, I needed to wait until mentos and I had SOME discussion with one another before voting him, because hammering him without giving him a chance to talk and explain some stuff would have been suicidal.

The fact that he seemed sold on Marshy/Tom was comforting, but I had to make sure I didn't come off as eager to see either of the shot. Revealing that killing either of them would work for me would also have given away I was scum. Hence, why I still tried to "push" for Tom despite the obvious contradiction of voting for Mentos, lol.

But yeah, 'twas fun.

BROFIST @ KEVMO

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Heh, town really got PWNED this game. Although, as I was following the thread, I fell pretty hard for Frozen's act as well. I was sure Tom was mafia, unsure on KevinM and MentosMan, and thought that both Marshy and Frozen were the townies...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
WHY DID EVERYONE THINK I WAS MAFIA?? WTF??

because of my omgus vote?? REALLY?

because i stopped talking in a game with NO DEADLINE?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i played this too much like aimafia and lost for town. so much that i figured any townie would just end up shooting me

Top Bottom