• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prism Cross: Free customizable platform fighter (The true platfighter MUGEN?)

Quillion

Smash Hero
From the ashes blood of Super Smash Bros. Crusade comes this:

It was originally made as a build called CMC+, but now it's spinning off into its own thing separate from Smash and compatible with the mod characters made for Crusade and CMC+.

(Yeah, Rivals Workshop exists, but that costs money and has some limited mechanics)

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
From what I can tell, it goes: Smash Bros. Crusade -> wacky mod pack of it -> more consistent game w/mod capabilities still

Quillion

Smash Hero
From what I can tell, it goes: Smash Bros. Crusade -> wacky mod pack of it -> more consistent game w/mod capabilities still
You got it. I asked on CMC+ Discord server about it earlier.

And most mods for the former two should still work with a bit of tweaking.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I kind of hope some of the “weirder” CMC+ kind of mods make it to this, or at least a few non-video-game or anime ones, and unconventional picks in general. Would be neat in this more consistent sprite style.

Quillion

Smash Hero
oh Nice

The link to Smash Ultimate is finally in Crusade, what a thrill!
I mean, he won't be in Crusade per se, but AFAIK, everyone will be free to put him there or in CMC+.

Personally, I just want a Smash game where both old Link and BotW Link can coexist in one game, so doing it myself is fine by me.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I wonder if this engine supports actual boss fights and Smash Run esc mode, those modes are always a must have for me in a platfigher

Quillion

Smash Hero
I wonder if this engine supports actual boss fights and Smash Run esc mode, those modes are always a must have for me in a platfigher
Boss fights: yes. CMC+ has them. They've implemented Dracula, Jevil, and Marx just to name a few.

And if you mean by Smash Run player vs enemies, then yes, there are challenges that have that too.

Quillion

Smash Hero
We've got an update for the day after April Fool's: a super meter.

It's pretty much the same idea I've been parroting for "super moves" being their own button, and then some.

Oh yeah, there's also Roman Cancel and Burst. Gotta have those modern fighting game conveniences after all.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I cant wrap my head arround how like 2000+ Smash Mods and fangames come out!
Like guys make mod compatible Games with no possibility of trolls ruining things! And have an original cast with Smash inspired Movesets!
That people can than "Mod" and oF cOuRsE yOu DiDnT iNtEnD ThAt!
A Game With Cloud And Link will always get taken down no matter if it gets big enough!
The Ammount of work that gets wasted just sadens me! i get it mods are really fun!

However people like me who actually have ideas and characters of their own cant get Developers! Its just a bit dumb i dunno!

I would be fine with this Work going into ANYTHING else because those thousand smash mods get taken down and i dunno its just not really logical if youre asking me!

When im further into VSM im going to plan a Plattfighter Featuring characters from that series (and others i have) granted MY Characters arent as great as link! But if you work for me nothing gets taken down! Im sure not many if any would help but welp!

Anyways do more non smash plattfighters Smash Mod People ask i dunno Toby to make and undertale/ Deltarune one that would be sick!

Quillion

Smash Hero
I cant wrap my head arround how like 2000+ Smash Mods and fangames come out!
Like guys make mod compatible Games with no possibility of trolls ruining things! And have an original cast with Smash inspired Movesets!
That people can than "Mod" and oF cOuRsE yOu DiDnT iNtEnD ThAt!
A Game With Cloud And Link will always get taken down no matter if it gets big enough!
The Ammount of work that gets wasted just sadens me! i get it mods are really fun!

However people like me who actually have ideas and characters of their own cant get Developers! Its just a bit dumb i dunno!

I would be fine with this Work going into ANYTHING else because those thousand smash mods get taken down and i dunno its just not really logical if youre asking me!

When im further into VSM im going to plan a Plattfighter Featuring characters from that series (and others i have) granted MY Characters arent as great as link! But if you work for me nothing gets taken down! Im sure not many if any would help but welp!

Anyways do more non smash plattfighters Smash Mod People ask i dunno Toby to make and undertale/ Deltarune one that would be sick!
I actually have had concerns about that too, but most people who follow these fangames agree: Nintendo can't really do much if these platform fighters like SSF2, SSBC, and now Prism Cross are mixing together many different characters from different companies. It'll essentially take a concerted effort from all companies involved to take it down.

Hell, the fact that Smash Flash 2 is still on top of Smash fangames, and still hasn't been taken down should be proof enough of that.

Top Bottom