• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prima's Brawl Guide Available November 6th?

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
It seems to me that I'm going to walk around with my eyes and ears closed all through November if that Guide comes out.

D

Deleted member

Biggest bull I've heard in my life.

Why would they release a guide before the game itself? Surely, they must be given permission by Nintendo, so surely they wouldn't want the Dojo comprimised?

And besides, some of Prima's guides are bad. I got a Pokemon Fire Red one for one birthday. It was utter crap; half the islands were missing, and no Hoenn Pokemon were profiled. Half of what it said on the blurb was missing too.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Interesting.

Such a long time before the game itself is released?
I think they've set there mark a little high, guessing that this isn't a mistake and all true.

I think they have be setting up a bit of a lie here, but I have there Melee guide from a ba-jillion years ago, and it's good stuff, relativly.

Maybe they really are getting the game so early, and really are sending out a guide like this? But what of the updates (Considering that they could go up untill Dec. 2)?
Odd.

But I look forward to this all. Interesting.

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
Even if a double agent from the DEV team was leaking info to someone, they couldn't get enough info out fast enough. Besides, to be taken seriously in the wave of speculation (intelligent or inane), they would have to give themselves away as representatives of the company.

Cronius

Smash Apprentice
Biggest bull I've heard in my life.

Why would they release a guide before the game itself? Surely, they must be given permission by Nintendo, so surely they wouldn't want the Dojo comprimised?

And besides, some of Prima's guides are bad. I got a Pokemon Fire Red one for one birthday. It was utter crap; half the islands were missing, and no Hoenn Pokemon were profiled. Half of what it said on the blurb was missing too.
Game guides come about before the games themselves all the time.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
If it is released early, then it'll be half-***** and not worth the money. I'd rather wait a month to get a decent, official guide covering everything.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
Help Me Please!!!!!!!

this is for people who have mario strikers charged
[{( is it ok to lose once or twice in the cup)}]:confused:

Mr fN LeON

Smash Cadet
@ goopygoo

Yo it doesn't matter wat job I have at least I'm makin my money I just don't understand y ppl r in dis blog nd don't own a wii? Nd don't think of me as a bad person I'm just expressing my opinion

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Hmm... the article seems kinda ambiguous... doesn't really sound truthful... besides, wouldn't the have a screenshot of the cover if it were finished/near completion?

Conker1

Smash Ace
You guys do know that the game is only 3 months from release right? The game is probably complete and being tested at the moment.

Hell, they even know how many pages the guide is, I wouldn't be surprised if the guide is finished now and Nintendo doesn't want them to release it until they say. Or its just a misprint.

Hax

Smash Champion
lol i think this is so people get hyped and buy the guide, but if it's really coming out nov 6th i'll definitely pick up a copy.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Yo it doesn't matter wat job I have at least I'm makin my money I just don't understand y ppl r in dis blog nd don't own a wii? Nd don't think of me as a bad person I'm just expressing my opinion
Because you don't have to own a game to enjoy it. Besides, not letting smash-less people on this board is discriminatory.

On-Topic: Somebody's gonna get suuuuuuued.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I don't cheat anyway, so this doesn't really matter. Although they could show everything about Brawl, I highly not going to get it anyway.

Croco

Smash Lord
Hmm... the article seems kinda ambiguous... doesn't really sound truthful... besides, wouldn't the have a screenshot of the cover if it were finished/near completion?
If it is real.. they wouldn't post the cover yet because it may include characters not yet announced.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had given them all the information needed to make the guide..

All they need is to setup the book's content. Characters, Moves, Unlockables, stages, etc. etc.
They can then gain information from Nintendo overtime and start adding the pages.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
If it is real.. they wouldn't post the cover yet because it may include characters not yet announced.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had given them all the information needed to make the guide..

All they need is to setup the book's content. Characters, Moves, Unlockables, stages, etc. etc.
They can then gain information from Nintendo overtime and start adding the pages.

Wouldn't it make since for nintendo to give it's info to it's official magazine Nintendo Power before an outside stategy guide developer like Prima. Nintendo is basically a closed mouthed buisness corporation so for a company to get such info like this, i don't see tht happening. Either this is a bad joke or publicity stunt or these guys have made a terrible mistake. I always did think prima was sloppy in it's work.

Croco

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it make since for nintendo to give it's info to it's official magazine Nintendo Power before an outside stategy guide developer like Prima. Nintendo is basically a closed mouthed buisness corporation so for a company to get such info like this, i don't see tht happening. Either this is a bad joke or publicity stunt or these guys have made a terrible mistake. I always did think prima was sloppy in it's work.
Who said that Nintendo Power doesn't have the same information that Prima might be getting?
They have to have some images that are not available online yet. Like for example, the recent Nintendo Power mag featured Yoshi in a Smash File.. but that image of Yoshi was larger then any images of him released online. So basically they have that exclusive larger format image.

I wouldn't be surprised if they even have more.

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
well if it is released i may not need to buy it. people are going to most likely put things from it on the internet as soon as it is anyway. personally i don't care when i learn what characters and otherthings that are still hidden from me, i just really want to play the game

Blackadder

Smash Master
Prima sucks at making guides anyways, so why does anybody care?

My two cents.
They may suck to you, but if it IS real, it means we'll know EVERYTHING before the release. I think that's reason enough to go "Holy crap! Interesting!"

Unless you don't like spoilers of summat, this is pretty interesting.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Who said that Nintendo Power doesn't have the same information that Prima might be getting?
They have to have some images that are not available online yet. Like for example, the recent Nintendo Power mag featured Yoshi in a Smash File.. but that image of Yoshi was larger then any images of him released online. So basically they have that exclusive larger format image.

I wouldn't be surprised if they even have more.
A new format size is nothing compared to all exclusive passes to the game. for Nintendo to get a larger scale pic means nothing. That's the kind of treatment they recieve for being Nintendo's exclusive magazine. You can tell Nintendo Power doesn't have any extra info because of it's info on brawl. The last mag was behind on the brawl info (because it's a monthly magazine). They are getting their info from the same source as we are and Prima surely doesn't have a guide prepared for shipment.

Prima sucks at making guides anyways, so why does anybody care?

My two cents.
Right.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
It's not unusual for a company to get an advance look at a game in order to create a strategy guide to be released around the time the game ships. It's all a matter of business--besides, to create a guide to a game from scratch (requiring that you've beaten it first yourself) in the timespan of even a month is pretty crazy. Melee's guide, for example, had information on all the trophies. How many people accomplished that before Prima's guide was published? And without any help? Not to mention Prima and other companies often have inside information that you don't get in the game, like the specific moves of all of a character's attacks (not just their special attacks).

As for Nintendo Power being special, if you look at some of the shots published in Famitsu, you'll see some that were definitely not posted on the Dojo. You can bet a magazine like that is being given special information and media, and there might even be more that's just embargoed. Just because they exist outside Nintendo doesn't mean they're in the same position as the rest of us here.

Wreked

Smash Lord
the guide would spoil the game if it came out early :(
No way! But seriously I really doubt this is true. Nintendo is pretty good at keeping secrets and the only way Prima were to get a whole guide was to get some pretty exclusive stuff straight from Nintendo. Which I highly doubt they would agree to.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
i'm not tring to dis you
i'm just chating with Corco
he is right i should go to another site or something
and well when i'm mad i just click fast that's all
don't take the wrong idea....
ok:)

Top Bottom