• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prima's Brawl Guide Available November 6th?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Even though Brawl <a href="http://smashboards.com/blog/2007/07/11/smash-bros-brawl-dated-for-120307/">won’t be hitting US shelves until December 3rd</a>, Prima Games has already published information about its official Super Smash Bros. Brawl strategy guide <a href="http://www.primagames.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780761556442">on its website</a>. According to Prima, the guide will (allegedly) be made available on November 6th, nearly a full month before Brawl is released in the US, and a <a href="http://smashboards.com/blog/2007/08/11/brawl-in-japan-and-online-confirmed/">couple weeks before Brawl is rumored to hit Japan</a>.

Ordinarily I’d dismiss this as a mistake, or maybe an attempt to garner publicity, but <a href="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=94725">ridiculously inaccurate release date predictions</a> are normally the work of <a href="http://smashboards.com/blog/2007/02/23/best-buy-moves-back-incorrect-release-date/">companies like Best Buy and Wal-Mart</a>, and usually happen, well… before release dates are actually officially announced. And the fact that Prima is already giving the guide an exact page count—208, to be exact—does raise an eyebrow or two, but it certainly doesn’t have to be true. Taken at face value though, this would suggest that the guide has already been basically written, a full three months before release.

In reality, though, could this guide really make its deadline? A month before the game comes out is pushing it, and wouldn’t it seem to spoil the Dojo if a strategy guide gave everything away so soon? Bear in mind that even though some strategy guides do beat the release date of a game (though not usually by this much), Prima’s guide to Super Smash Bros. Melee didn’t come out until December 31, 2001—nearly a month <em>after</em> Melee’s US release, and more than a month after its release in Japan.

So what’s your take? Is there any chance Prima will tell all come early November? Is it an honest mistake—or something more sinister? Did I just fall directly into their publicity-spreading trap?

(Special thanks to God Link on the boards for the tip!)

Cinder

Smash Master
It does seem like they're going to release the guide early...I really hope this is a mistake, or that Prima will push the guide's release back (have they done that before?). I'm sure a lot of people will wait to buy the guide rather than have it spoiled for them.

Wreked

Smash Lord
I kinda hope that this is true but I kinda don't. Why? If it is true great we won't have to wait for all of Brawl's secrets. On the other hand it wouldn't be as fun. Who doesn't want to unlock something or someone that you had no idea that or they could or would ever get in. So i'm more leaning towards this hopefully not being true.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well, let me just say that if this speculation IS true... I'm definitely going to be buying myself a copy! :grin:
I can't help myself. Forget the Dojo, I'm taking all my information in at once. Though I must say, a month does seem like a bit too soon to be right. We'll probably just see the release date of the guide slip back and back and back until maybe December 3rd (give or take a day or two).

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I don't know what to think, the release date seems a bit good to be true, I mean getting a guide a full month before a game as hyped as brawl is seems to good to be true.

Since Nintendo most likely is aware of the supposed guide date, they might even intervene to stop Prima from releasing it that early.

Shadow_Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Realease Date

Brawl is NOT going to be released that early! Prima either took the rumor too seriously or they are trying to gain publicity. If the game was going to be realeased in november it would have been on the site.

A game of this calibur will be realeased on one date world wide.......
And if it is realeased earlier in Japan it would be a few days or maybe a week......

blayde_axel

Smash Master
From a curios view, of course I would want it to be true, but from a surprise view, I wouldn't want it to be true... but then again, I have a choice to view what I want... as in I don't need to find out anything. So, I don't mind if it's true... and if it is... heck yes I'm gonna buy it! lol.

Kinnikuman

Smash Cadet
Well,

No matter what any of us say we all really do hope the guide comes out early so we can all see cool Nook screenshots and special moves.
Tomorrows Update = Captain Falcon,

Wreked

Smash Lord
No matter what any of us say we all really do hope the guide comes out early so we can all see cool Nook screenshots and special moves.
Tomorrows Update = Captain Falcon,
Yeah that's the first thing i'll look for in a guide that gives you all the secrets about Brawl, Nook.

[/sarcasm]

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Amen, Kinnikuman... Amen.

Don't get me wrong... there are the faithful few who actually come to the forums and NOT want information... dunno why, though. lol.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Amen, Kinnikuman... Amen.

Don't get me wrong... there are the faithful few who actually come to the forums and NOT want information... dunno why, though. lol.
Oh yeah all those guys making threads like Dojo spoiling brawl!!!!1
This is what the mods did in every thread like that.

I just really wanted to use that.

On topic: Yeah I wonder how Prima is going to react to nintendo fans when they don't have the guide.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..I don't know if this is true or not due to the Melee factor of guides but even if it is, I won't be picking one up. Two reasons for that.
1) I like the Dojo updates and don't want to spoil everything in Brawl.
2) I don't even have the money for Brawl in the first place so I can't get a guide yet.

rj42492

Smash Rookie
Notice how it refers to "Pickups"? Those exist in Metroid Prime 3... I sense a typo....

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, let me just say that if this speculation IS true... I'm definitely going to be buying myself a copy! :grin:
I can't help myself. Forget the Dojo, I'm taking all my information in at once. Though I must say, a month does seem like a bit too soon to be right. We'll probably just see the release date of the guide slip back and back and back until maybe December 3rd (give or take a day or two).
I'm gonna totally get it if it's true! :grin:

Anyways, even if it's true, they could not have the later update things, some characters, etc. It will probably be incomplete. Like they're f***ing MGS3 guide. :mad: It's fake, and it's not going to happen IMO. It's probably just a dumb typo=those things cause all types of crap. If it does happen, however, it will be incomplete, for sure. :p But it could still have some awsome spoilers not on the site. ;) I'm soooo confused, :psycho:

falcofuku69

Smash Apprentice
not true

theres no way in he11 sakurai would allow all the secrets to be revealed 1 month before brawl is out so yeah this is most deffinatley not true, that being said if it is true id be one of the firsts in line to get it, i cant help myself when it comes to brawl news

kirby kirby kirby ur gonna get in trouble 4 triple posting, just a heads up

Conker1

Smash Ace
If it did come out that early, I would buy a copy. I haven't bought a strategy guide in years after I found out about this internet thingy.

I would read it over and over and just wait for Dec. 3rd.

Mr fN LeON

Smash Cadet
Who wouldn't wanna buy the guide if it did come out? I can't help myself I have 2 buy nd y ppl in dis blog have no money? I read that ppl don't even have the wii yet come on ppl step up ur game

falcofuku69

Smash Apprentice
i look forward to it croco, but will they really reply, i think not. mr fn leon, i know what u mean so many people here (and on the original) dont even own a wii, it took me a while but i got lucky at toys r us when a shipement arrived while i was there.

Mr fN LeON

Smash Cadet
I guess the ppl who dotn have the will or r not gonna get brawl r mostly little kids maybe but since I work I get any game I want hahaha

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
It's a horrible lie used mostly IMO to boost the publicity of brawl. I only hope they push the release date for it back to about a week before Dec. 3. That way Ill be more inclined to believe/buy the guide.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
I guess the ppl who dotn have the will or r not gonna get brawl r mostly little kids maybe but since I work I get any game I want hahaha
Or maybe they just don't have enough money? I don't own any Nintendo consoles except for the handhelds, but I've always just played SSB/SSBM at my friend's house, and I love it. I'm saving up for a Wii, though, hoping to make enough by selling art at cons and such, but I doubt I'll have one before it's released.

Say, what job do you have that pays enough for you to blow as much as you want on video games anyways?

Top Bottom