• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
One kid argued that Krystal would be a Palutena clone.

Last edited:

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
One kid argued that Krystal would be a Palutena clone.
Apparently you can only use a staff one way, just like how all the sword fighters use their swords in the same way :secretkpop:
Besides Palutena uses a scepter anyway :/

Edit: So apparently Palutena's weapon is considered a staff :/ Well... the point still stands!

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Jordan anyone? The greater Smash community is finally aware of his huge influence after all. The recent Source Gaming interview for example.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Jordan anyone? The greater Smash community is finally aware of his huge influence after all. The recent Source Gaming interview for example.
I can't see why they would ask us for a special guest when they haven't even revealed the identity of the character yet. I would rather have someone related to the character than a random e-celeb, and on that note, Alesia Glidewell would be perfect for Krystal since she's up for these types of interviews. Lol at some of you jumping the gun on Krystal. DON'T JINX IT.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I can't see why they would ask us for a special guest when they haven't even revealed the identity of the character yet. I would rather have someone related to the character than a random e-celeb, and on that note, Alesia Glidewell would be perfect for Krystal since she's up for these types of interviews. Lol at some of you jumping the gun on Krystal. DON'T JINX IT.
Well, the way they word it makes it sound like they're bringing a special guest on for #12 that they already have planned, and they're asking for ideas for guests to being onto future videos after this one.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well, the way they word it makes it sound like they're bringing a special guest on for #12 that they already have planned, and they're asking for ideas for guests to being onto future videos after this one.
There went my enthusiasm for this one.

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
Here's a topic, what's the dumbest anti-krystal argument you heard?
There's too much stupidity against this character. The latest I've seen are about her stats. I found this in youtube comments (I'm not in these comments... just in case anyone was wondering my yt username). It's pretty dumb. He's tries to debase her by talking about her stats (I remember people were doing the same to Roy. "He's the worst FE lord. Why should he come back as DLC."), then he goes on trying to use NSFW as a reason.

A lot of supported characters have dumb arguments from naysayers.

Rayman: "His amiibo wouldn't look right."
Shantae: Is "hentai bait."
Dixie: "Are you a furry?"
K Rool: "Is too fat and ugly" to join the roster.

Yes, I actually saw a few get called a "furry" for wanting Dixie. Stupid reasons/excuses flow on and on... like a plague.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
More than anything, I've noticed there are a handful of people who bash Krystal just because they think it's the cool thing to do.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
There's too much stupidity against this character. The latest I've seen are about her stats. I found this in youtube comments (I'm not in these comments... just in case anyone was wondering my yt username). It's pretty dumb. He's tries to debase her by talking about her stats (I remember people were doing the same to Roy. "He's the worst FE lord. Why should he come back as DLC."), then he goes on trying to use NSFW as a reason.

Yes, I actually saw a few get called a "furry" for wanting Dixie. Stupid reasons/excuses flow on and on... like a plague.
Did anyone happen to notice that same user one of the guys here argued against in another video awhile back got slammed by an infamous YTer?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Most of what I could've said in response was hashed out by you and Del.

Plus, I'll be honest, I didn't put "2 + 2" together... someone suggested Jordan might be the guest in the social thread. Makes sense enough however assuming Krystal is 12. Jordan isn't such a big deal that he'd be difficult for Smashified to get a hold of. Someone like Glidewell might even have to decline an interview because of NDA, heh. Isn't that a thought?

Hey, I'm allowed some gun jumping freedom around here. It's not like I'm a known gun jumper anyways, so I'm due. Besides, I like to see all my little "Cerinian's" smile~
(I guess that really is the make sense name for us).

Hating on things just to hate on them is overrated lol.
How dare you plagiarize me~

Did anyone happen to notice that same user one of the guys here argued against in another video awhile back got slammed by an infamous YTer?
I'm listening...

...mostly because I didn't notice and I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr

What infamous youtuber?
What user? I don't know who you mean.

Anyway, I found Luminox on a different video. Some guy is going on about Adventures isn't canon, but Assault is. How can that be when it takes place right after Adventures. It looks like this guy doesn't wanna acknowledge the fact that Fox got out of his Arwing to explore a planet that was falling apart. In other words: Willful ignorance.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr

What infamous youtuber?
What user? I don't know who you mean.

Anyway, I found Luminox on a different video. Some guy is going on about Adventures isn't canon, but Assault is. How can that be when it takes place right after Adventures. It looks like this guy doesn't wanna acknowledge the fact that Fox got out of his Arwing to explore a planet that was falling apart. In other words: Willful ignorance.

Ridiculous... So how did he incorporate the whole "Defend Sauria"-mission in Assault into his very own Starfox canon?

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I love how TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr leaves such cryptic messages all the time. I mean it's not like he has anything to hide :secretkpop:
It's not as if Cdr has hidden anything before. :troll:
Jordan isn't such a big deal that he'd be difficult for Smashified to get a hold of. Someone like Glidewell might even have to decline an interview because of NDA, heh. Isn't that a thought?
Jordan wouldn't be a bad alternative. Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if there's even one Krystal fan in that Smashified team.
Besides, I like to see all my little "Cerinian's" smile~

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
There went my enthusiasm for this one.
How? They asked for Jordan at one point when he asked his followers to use the Smashifhed hashtag for Krystal and if he wanted to talk with them. This all but confirms its Krystal being the next Smashified character and Jordan being the speical guest they have on this one.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Oh dear it seems like no one knows, it's alright I can be pretty vague on what I say, but to refresh whoever posted screenshots of the guy he argued with on that worst DLC choices video, Old School Tommy Old School Tommy I think based on his post, someone who I assume is infamous stepped in and ended up completely turning the argument against the guy.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
How? They asked for Jordan at one point when he asked his followers to use the Smashifhed hashtag for Krystal and if he wanted to talk with them. This all but confirms its Krystal being the next Smashified character and Jordan being the speical guest they have on this one.
That was forever ago, but you're entitled to your predictions. Cling to hope and never let go etc. I'm hoping it's her as always, but this one hint is not enough to convince me. Doesn't help that they're not even being coy about saying it isn't her. Your twitter comment for instance brought about the reply: "I don't know about that..." SAVideo's comment about what music they would use was met with: "lol you may have to be curious for awhile." This one hint alone leaves the door open for a lot of characters, tbh. Krystal is the render a lot of people have been waiting for. They should got to it weeks ago imo.
Oh dear it seems like no one knows, it's alright I can be pretty vague on what I say, but to refresh whoever posted screenshots of the guy he argued with on that worst DLC choices video, Old School Tommy Old School Tommy I think based on his post, someone who I assume is infamous stepped in and ended up completely turning the argument against the guy.
In the comments section of that same video or where? I wanna see.

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
Oh, @Krayon Kaphonie posted that screenshot a few pages back. TheBitBlock (Josh Thomas) is youtuber you're talking about. I wouldn't worry about that goof. He sounds like every other naysayer who bring up ******** reasons.

"I don't think Krystal from Star Fox should be in this game or any video game. Boom!" (howls like a idiot)
"She's not even a real Star Fox character."
"She was actually just like a spin-off character."
"She mutated into the Star Fox series."
"You're gonna make a lot of people mad." ~ Rogersbase - "Hey, listen bring it." ~ Josh
"Oh, draw some more fan art of me wearing no clothing."
"I don't wanna see fox boobs."
"I don't approve of a cat dating a bird. I'm gonna go even further. That is weird, how are they gonna mate? What are their kids gonna look like. This is getting serious, Roger."

1. I don't see why certain people have a problem if she gets in. There are 50+ characters to choose from in Smash 4.
2. A classic horrible excuse. She's in Assault. I'm pretty sure these types cling to this because she didn't start out in SF64.
3. Fail. She's actually a main character in DS. It's her and Sabre.
4. This is funny because Miyamoto is the reason why she's a Star Fox / Nintendo character.
5. Says "I really don't wanna anger people cause I hate dealing with it." Yet, he says "Bring it." in the same video.
6. This is him pretty much saying that he looks it up on the internet.
7. "I don't wanna see fox boobs." But he mentioned certain fan art before sayings this. *Contradicting statements*
8. People seriously think about this to the point that it bothers them? *smh* This is a game about talking space animals.

I'm also gonna add that he's wrong about Snake. Snake didn't get in Melee because it was already far in development.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Oh, @Krayon Kaphonie posted that screenshot a few pages back. TheBitBlock (Josh Thomas) is youtuber you're talking about. I wouldn't worry about goof. He sounds like every other naysayer who bring up ******** reasons.

"I don't think Krystal from Star Fox should be in this game or any video game. Boom!" (howls like a idiot)
"You're gonna make a lot of people mad." ~ Rogersbase - "Hey, listen bring it." ~ Josh
"I don't approve of a cat dating a bird. I'm gonna go even further. That is weird, how are they gonna mate? What are their kids gonna look like. This is getting serious, Roger."

1. I don't see why certain people have a problem if she gets in Smash. There are several other characters to choose from.
2. A classic horrible excuse. She's in Assault. I'm pretty sure these types cling to this because she didn't start out in SF64.
4. This is funny because Miyamoto is the reason why she's a Star Fox / Nintendo character.
5. Says "I really don't wanna anger people cause I hate dealing with it." Yet, he says "Bring it." in the same video.
7. "I don't wanna see fox boobs." But he mentioned certain fan art before sayings this. *Contradicting statements*
8. People seriously think about this to the point that it bothers them? *smh* This is a game about talking space animals.

I'm also gonna add that he's wrong about Snake. Snake didn't get in Melee because it was already far in development.
That last part while is logical, it doesnt really apply at all, in fact as an example Solatorobos lore states that if either race has a child from a race different from theirs, in this case a Dog or Cat race, there's a random chance the child would be either the race of the mother or father, basically they dont become a hybrid of the two if i'm not mistaken. If Nintendo really wanted to go that far, I almost guarantee they'd explain it the same way, weird yes but not that mutation idiocy they're thinking it'd be if Katt had Falcos child.
It'd actually be weird but in a funny way if you think about it, just think of Falcos reaction to how his child is somehow a cat despite him being a bird, or vice versa.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It's not as if Cdr has hidden anything before. :troll:

Jordan wouldn't be a bad alternative. Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if there's even one Krystal fan in that Smashified team.

If there is, they've done a good job hiding it. I feel like I remember someone saying a while back that one of the Smashified guys was spotted defending Krystal but I've never seen that myself and it sounded like just a rumor.

Wow, I never knew Rapunzel was from another planet inhabited by some kind of human/animal hybrids. Learn something new everyday.

Oh, @Krayon Kaphonie posted that screenshot a few pages back. TheBitBlock (Josh Thomas) is youtuber you're talking about. I wouldn't worry that about goof. He sounds like every other naysayer who bring up ******** reasons.

1. I don't see why certain people have a problem if she gets in. There are 50+ characters to choose from in Smash 4.

Oh, we're talking about these guys? The guys that made that silly video about worst DLC characters? I thought we decided they were just trolling, and taking anything they say seriously is just silly/not worth our time.

The way Cyn spoke though, I thought he was talking about some random Krystal hater in some Youtube comments that, I suppose if I spent more time on Youtube, I'd be more aware of because apparently he's all over Youtube hating Krystal.... or something like that.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
If there is, they've done a good job hiding it. I feel like I remember someone saying a while back that one of the Smashified guys was spotted defending Krystal but I've never seen that myself and it sounded like just a rumor.

Wow, I never knew Rapunzel was from another planet inhabited by some kind of human/animal hybrids. Learn something new everyday.

Oh, we're talking about these guys? The guys that made that silly video about worst DLC characters? I thought we decided they were just trolling, and taking anything they say seriously is just silly/not worth our time.

The way Cyn spoke though, I thought he was talking about some random Krystal hater in some Youtube comments that, I suppose if I spent more time on Youtube, I'd be more aware of because apparently he's all over Youtube hating Krystal.... or something like that.
It was actually in the comments where I saw an argument go on with one of the users here saying he fought against for a bit, but the same troll he was arguing against was eventually slammed by another troll there by throwing his judge tactic against him, if i'm not mistaken the guy who was against Krystal backpedaled the second he was being called gay for saying something that implied that only male furries should be allowed in Smash and not females.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It was actually in the comments where I saw an argument go on with one of the users here saying he fought against for a bit, but the same troll he was arguing against was eventually slammed by another troll there by throwing his judge tactic against him, if i'm not mistaken the guy who was against Krystal backpedaled the second he was being called gay for saying something that implied that only male furries should be allowed in Smash and not females.
That actually sounds oddly familiar. Feel like I saw something like this just a few days ago. I think maybe I know what you're talking about basically. Someone here shared that like last week or something.

Just to be clear though, who is the infamous Youtuber? Is this some troll that was in the "Worst DLC Characters" comments AND in some other video's comments were he argued with one of our own and got owned by some other troll? Or is he the troll that owned the other in this other video? You know, if you could just name the name that would make things easier. I mean, if you're comfortable with that. It' clear I'm still kind of confused.

Edit: Nevermind... I think. After rereading some posts it sounds like the infamous guy is the poster that owned the troll we've seen bashing Krystal in a few places including the "Worst DLC" video. Am I right?

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Pardon the image. I lacked the motivation to create my own Cerinian OC. A smile is a smile though, is it not? Enjoy. :kirby:
Edit: Nevermind... I think. After rereading some posts it sounds like the infamous guy is the poster that owned the troll we've seen bashing Krystal in a few places including the "Worst DLC" video. Am I right?
Do you remember his name? I'm very curious now.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Pardon the image. I lacked the motivation to create my own Cerinian OC. A smile is a smile though, is it not? Enjoy. :kirby:

Do you remember his name? I'm very curious now.
It is indeed. And I did. Cute smile. I couldn't resist making a silly remark anyways though.

Well, I vaguely remember the Youtube comments in question being shared perhaps a couple pages ago. I'll have to dig around for them and I don't even recall the context of them being mentioned. All I know, or at least think I know, is that Cyn was talking about some Krystal hater that's been around Youtube, including that one "Worst DLC" video, and happened to get owned by someone Cyn claimed was an "infamous Youtube commenter" on some other video. I believe I've seen the latter shared here via screencap is all. So I guess I'll look for that screencap. I'll edit it in if I find it and no one posts in the meantime.

Edit:
Heh, well this is kind of embarrassing. The post where I saw this stuff is actually still on this same page and the post is by Old School Tommy Old School Tommy . I guess it felt like I saw it a while ago because I saw it from my phone yesterday and that's different enough to make it seem like a while ago? I don't know. Silly that it seemed like I saw this so long ago when it was just yesterday apparently.

Basically, a guy named BalaTheHero, or whatever, I guess is who Cyn is saying was a troll on that "Worst DLC" thread. He gets kind of owned in some other video's comments by this Dark Luminox guy who I guess Cyn is saying is imfamous on YouTube. I may be wrong but I think I finally "got it".

I'll reply to the comment that has the screencaps in it below so you can see for yourself...

Edit2:
Okay, so I looked at the "Worst DLC" video again and I didn't see that "BalaTheHero" guy. I did see "Dark Luminox" though defending Krystal from some other troll type with a Rhythm Heaven avatar.

Sooooo... I guess Cyn was saying that Luminox is the infamous one that's been around Youtube defending Krystal against random trolls. Not that there's a random troll hating on Krystal all around YouTube and Luminox is some infamous guy that just so happened to defend Krystal in this one video. I guess I logically should've concluded the former first.

Sheesh, I hope I finally got this understood.

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203

Well it seems like things have quieted down in terms of the rumor side of things. Anyway, I wonder when we'll finally get some new Sm4sh news. I'm a very patient person, but It's hard to wait when you know a legit leak could pop up at anytime ruining everyone's hype in terms of what the new characters for Sm4sh DLC are going to be.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice

Well it seems like things have quieted down in terms of the rumor side of things. Anyway, I wonder when we'll finally get some new Sm4sh news. I'm a very patient person, but It's hard to wait when you know a legit leak could pop up at anytime ruining everyone's hype in terms of what the new characters for Sm4sh DLC are going to be.
They have the best plumber in the business, but still manage to get the most leaks

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
I thought we decided they were just trolling
That's not the case with Josh. That guy has a genuine problem with her.

"Get rid of Krystal. Krystal needs to go." ~ Josh
"Oh, man. We're getting some hate in the comments right now." ~ Andre

This is from a old GameXplain video, it's months before Josh's "Worst DLC" video.
Out of all the Nintendo characters supported as possible DLC... Krystal gets the most negativity.
So, I applaud defenders who speak out against those who try to enforce their flawed reasons/excuses on to others.
It's better than being dormant.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Out of all the Nintendo characters supported as possible... Krystal gets the most negativity.
So, I applaud defenders who speak out against those who try to enforce their flawed reasons/excuses on to others.
I'm inclined to agree. You usually can't get her hate base to shut up...but you can point out the flaws in their reasoning so that any neutral parties who happen by will be aware of them.

Last edited:

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
Out of all the Nintendo characters supported as possible... Krystal gets the most negativity.
If we ever go silent, not only the possibility of seeing her in Smash will fade away, but it may also mean the end of the existence of the character herself.

I don't believe that Zero will become a reboot of the whole series, but we need to show our support as much as we can to show that we care, I'm not saying that we should shove down people's throats that we want her in Smash, this will cause more harm than good, for example, some Shovel Knight supporters are making me hate the character.

In a situation like this, the best thing to do is support the character being clear and calm showing the reasons why we think she is a good choice, that's the best way to deal with the hate, because at the moment that we fell to the haters level we already lost the war.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If we ever go silent, not only the possibility of seeing her in Smash will fade away, but it may also mean the end of the existence of the character herself.

I don't believe that Zero will become a reboot of the whole series, but we need to show our support as much as we can to show that we care, I'm not saying that we should shove down people's throats that we want her in Smash, this will cause more harm than good, for example, some Shovel Knight supporters are making me hate the character.

In a situation like this, the best thing to do is support the character being clear and calm showing the reasons why we think she is a good choice, that's the best way to deal with the hate, because at the moment that we fell to the haters level we already lost the war.
Well said, the best way we can silence the haters, Is by getting her in Smash

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
That's not the case with Josh. That guy has a genuine problem with her.

"Get rid of Krystal. Krystal needs to go." ~ Josh
"Oh, man. We're getting some hate in the comments right now." ~ Andre

This is from a old GameXplain video, it's months before Josh's "Worst DLC" video.
Well, the "Worst DLC" video was just a forum for his opinions to be heard without having to worry about having "good reasons" since the idea of the video was just to get under people's skin for him anyways. If it was an analysis video then we might actually hear his reasons. But I doubt he has reasons other than just raw feelings. And part of me senses that he just likes having bombastic opinions. Point is, unless he comes up with reasons that don't just sound like "because!" it still looks like something not worth approaching. I don't see him acknowledging complaints in his comments but in his video he seems to joke about how he looks forward to people trying to respond like he cares at all. So yeah, there's kind of nothing to respond too.

Basically, when I said he was trolling its not because I thought he was simply hating Krystal for attention. A lot of times trolling is just an outlet for someone to share an unpopular opinion without reservations. I'm not surprised he genuinely doesn't like Krystal. I don't know if he has any good reasons since the "Worst DLC" video was basically an opportunity to be a troll for him. He was probably more thoughtless and more exaggerative than he would normally be because of the purpose of the video in his eyes.

I'd like to see that GameXplain video though, just out of curiosity. Something tells me he doesn't formulate any kind of reasons there too. Just kind of lets his raw feeling be known.

Some people just like to hate things with very little reason. It's funny when you try to get a reason out of someone and find out they don't even really know why they hate something themselves. Kind of reminds me of this Key and Peele skit... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKpQgEyjNdM

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well, the "Worst DLC" video was just a forum for his opinions to be heard without having to worry about having "good reasons" since the idea of the video was just to get under people's skin for him anyways. If it was an analysis video then we might actually hear his reasons. But I doubt he has reasons other than just raw feelings. And part of me senses that he just likes having bombastic opinions. Point is, unless he comes up with reasons that don't just sound like "because!" it still looks like something not worth approaching. I don't see him acknowledging complaints in his comments but in his video he seems to joke about how he looks forward to people trying to respond like he cares at all. So yeah, there's kind of nothing to respond too.

Basically, when I said he was trolling its not because I thought he was simply hating Krystal for attention. A lot of times trolling is just an outlet for someone to share an unpopular opinion without reservations. I'm not surprised he genuinely doesn't like Krystal. I don't know if he has any good reasons since the "Worst DLC" video was basically an opportunity to be a troll for him. He was probably more thoughtless and more exaggerative than he would normally be because of the purpose of the video in his eyes.

I'd like to see that GameXplain video though, just out of curiosity. Something tells me he doesn't formulate any kind of reasons there too. Just kind of lets his raw feeling be known.

Some people just like to hate things with very little reason. It's funny when you try to get a reason out of someone and find out they don't even really know why they hate something themselves. Kind of reminds me of this Key and Peele skit... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKpQgEyjNdM
advanced_stupid_by_nyangirshadow-d5vrrtt.jpg
is all I can say about that guy's hate of Krystal

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Part of me wants Krystal to be one of those characters that's really good but takes time to find what's good about her. That way she gets the DLC hype, then people find out she's actually really good. I could care less if she was top 5, i'd just want her to be relevant in the competitive scene so she pops up here and there and people would grow to like seeing her.

Top Bottom