• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Goodbye my Friends, Krystal's not in in, Adieu Krystal, G-d D*mnit it's an SF64 reboot
Krystal had been retconned? I fear that the day would happen soon. :urg:
I wouldnt lose hope, as someone said, this same situation happened with Dixie and Funky kong, and this also effects Panther, Lucy, Amanda, Dash, and potentially Katt and Bill. To put it bluntly, there's going to be some kind of revolt, unless they are in but are reintroduced.

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I had that feeling they would do this. It doesn't seem that Miyamoto cared much about Adventure or Assault. Plus people hate those games and Krystal.

It is sad, but Star Fox Zero looks cool.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I had that feeling they would do this. It doesn't seem that Miyamoto cared much about Adventure or Assault. Plus people hate those games and Krystal.

It is sad, but Star Fox Zero looks cool.
One thing left to do now, Petiton Nintendo so much as to where they can't ignore us.
Guys LET'S START A RIOT

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Well. If this game does end up like the last games people have to finally admit that it was the games that were bad instead of one character making them bad like they kept doing with Krystal.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
There is still hope, if we cause enough of an uproar, Krystal and Panther will be back, WHO I AM KIDDING??!!! THAT AIN'T GONNA ****ING WORK, NINTENDO DOES WHAT THE **** THEY WANT

Last edited:

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
Well, looks like SF Zero is a grand retooling of the series's beginnings, mixing up the original game, the unreleased SF2 and 64. That being said, pretty safe to assume Krystal won't be present since she came in after Andross was defeated. I can accept that (still don't like how she was not included into the Orbital Gate stage however. I feel there's no excuse for that one though.) That being said, the game itself look SLEEK. Definitely a day-one buy for me, and it's about time Star Fox got a TRUE big game treatment. As long as it isn't painfully short, it should do fine on the U.

So, in regard, she's not going to be able to use SF Zero as a way to get popularity to get into Smash (unless they surprise us somehow and make her unlockable... Who knows?), so it looks like Ballot is the way to go for now.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
This is the biggest disappointment yet. I didn't get my hopes too high but they were still too high ? Lol. At least the game is pretty, I guess.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Glad I left room for disappointment but now I'm not excited about anything for e3 and lost my drive to draw krystal fan art :/ they could've at least shown wolf... this must mean there's more they haven't shown us if wolf isn't there.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
This is why I was dreading EAD developing the game because obviously Miyamoto has his head so far up his ass that he doesn't care. Or that could have been the grandest troll job ever, where maybe Krystal and the post SF64 cast will come in later on in the game

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Come on... They reintroduced PIGMA and not KRYSTAL ? This is so lame.
Did you even notice how the first (easy) boss was there? You also forget Miyamoto wanted Krystal in the series, so it wouldnt make sense to just flat out remove her, that'd be like removing Katt since she's technically Falcos love interest.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
No. I just can't wait until people finally own up and admit that finally. It was Krystal that ruined the series. It was the games and the Devs that ran this series into the ground.

(In case you haven't notice I am VERY spiteful right now.)

Wait a minute if Star Fox Zero is episodic, maybe the SF64 portion is just one episode in the game, and then we get Assault as a chapter too
I REALLY hope so. I really do.

Last edited by a moderator:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
****ing Miyamoto and his arrogance. I have never seen someone as arrogant as him. He ignores other studios work and pursues his own vision. Kojima isn't that arrogant and narcissistic, Todd Howard isn't either, Neither is Inafune, or Ed Bloom, Neither is John Carmack, and neither is Nolan Bushnell. Todd Howard and Bethesda actually acknowledged Interplay's Fallout titles and added references to them in their Fallout games

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
****ing Miyamoto and his arrogance. I have never seen someone as arrogant as him. He ignores other studios work and pursues his own vision. Kojima isn't that arrogant and narcissistic, Todd Howard isn't either, Neither is Inafune, or Ed Bloom, Neither is John Carmack, and neither is Nolan Bushnell. Todd Howard and Bethesda actually acknowledged Interplay's Fallout titles and added references to them in their Fallout games
Wasnt it he who had Rare turn Dinosaur Planet into Adventures and wanted Krystal to be paired with Fox? I wouldnt give it up as of yet because if it's like what was said moments ago, the game may be episodic in that once you finish one part of it, it goes to the events of Assault, then dare I say Command if they rewrote that.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Wasnt it he who had Rare turn Dinosaur Planet into Adventures? I wouldnt give it up as of yet because if it's like what was said moments ago, the game may be episodic in that once you finish one part of it, it goes to the events of Assault, then dare I say Command if they rewrote that.
Good point, I was hoping that Conmand would be the retcon though, Wait a minute, the Saurian Conflict portion would feel slightly akward then,

Last edited:

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
Wanted to wait a bit while people got their emotions down a bit. I wouldn't go burning the offices of Nintendo down just yet. I'm still in "Wait it out and head to the next phase" sort of thinking right now. SF Zero would've been the easiest ticket choice for the fox girl, and we still don't know the extent of where this game's gonna reach. Thanks to you guys telling me the game is episodic, they may just cover the extent of the Star Fox history if that's the case, which WOULD then better include Krystal if they choose to go that far. If they want to make Star Fox an expanded franchise, then they can only do but so much from pulling from the SNES games and 64. And even if Zero doesn't cover Sauria or the Aparoids in Assault, she STILL has the Ballot (October), a fairly solid fan calling, even in Japan and the privilege of being a 1st party character... If you ask me, it's still too early to be packing this up. When they tell me Smash DLC is over with, THEN I'll pack it up. Until then I'm still supporting Krystal (and try to do it with a sound mind of judgment.)

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Wanted to wait a bit while people got their emotions down. I wouldn't go burning the offices of Nintendo down just yet. I'm still in "Wait it out and head to the next phase" sort of thinking right now. SF Zero would've been the easiest choice for the fox girl, and we still don't know the extent of where this game's gonna reach. Thanks to you guys telling me the game is episodic, they may just cover the extent of the Star Fox history if that's the case, which WOULD then better include Krystal if they choose to go that far. If they want to make Star Fox an expanded franchise, then they can only do but so much from pulling from the SNES games and 64. And even if Zero doesn't cover Sauria or the Aparoids in Assault, she STILL has the Ballot (October), a fairly solid fan calling, even in Japan and the privilege of being a 1st party character... If you ask me, it's still too early to be packing this up. When they tell me Smash DLC is over with, THEN I'll pack it up. Until then I'm still supporting Krystal (and try to do it with a sound mind of judgment.)
Wow, good point, they really can only pull so much indeed, and Miyamoto said that it wasn't a remake, so that could give us some hope

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Of course we'll still be supporting Krystal but it's really a bummer. I can't believe how disappointed I feel right now. Same with Paper Mario & Mario & Luigi, it's more a Mario & Luigi ft. Paper Mario.

I just hope you're right and that they just haven't shown her yet...

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
If anything. This would only cause fans of Krystal who were open to start talking out about her being missing and push for her back.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
If anything. This would only cause fans of Krystal who were open to start talking out about her being missing and push for her back.
That and I hate to mention them, certain individuals accusing em of being sexist that they essentially do what many here or there will be doing. Basically the Tomodachi incident, but not over some stupid glitch that was fixed before it was even announced for the US.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
What made this worse is that E3 direct was like, the worst one since 2008. You Krystal fans, it was probably even worse.

worse worse worse

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Everyone, remain calm. From what they're saying, Star Fox Zero simply takes place before Krystal shows up in the continuity. She hasn't been retconned out.

...I have to say, though, the Direct was on the disappointing side. Did we all hype ourselves up too much? Hopefully the livestreams make things more interesting the way they did last year.

And no Smash news? Strange. Perhaps we'll find out more in August or so...

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Calm down folks. I myself am pretty excited about this Star Fox game. Krystal or no Krystal, I am still picking this game up. Maybe in a Nintendo Direct later on, we might get more info on this game. Maybe those will decide her fate. That is all I have to say. Even if I am a fan of Krystal, I am more neutral towards this. The only thing that I am wondering is that will the new Star Fox game have an option to play it with classic controls like regularly or will it only be Gyro controls?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Lol yeah, that Metroid Game was awful.

I'm just soooo disappointed, if it's a retelling they could still include Krystal somehow, it's not even something really canon, it's just Starfox 64 AU.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Metroid fans debatably have it WORSE- not even SAMUS is showing up in this one, apparently.
Oh I forgot about that already.
-NEW METROID GAME, for 3DS
-NEW ZELDA STUFF, for 3DS
-NEW PAPER MARIO for 3DS
-ANIMAL CROSSING WII U, it is a board game
-More Xenoblade X news, which is already out in Japan.
-More Yarn Yoshi, it is already out in other regions

Top Bottom