• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Ridley's probably out of the running...but I think enough ballot support could get Sakurai to change his mind for when Smash 5 rolls around. After all, he's already changed his mind about a character before. :4villager:

But yeah, we're not as out of the running as I was afraid we'd be, although a campaign would help our odds significantly.

...And so would Krystal looking awesome in the Star Fox trailer on Tuesday.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Ridley's probably out of the running...but I think enough ballot support could get Sakurai to change his mind for when Smash 5 rolls around. After all, he's already changed his mind about a character before. :4villager:

But yeah, we're not as out of the running as I was afraid we'd be, although a campaign would help our odds significantly.

...And so would Krystal looking awesome in the Star Fox trailer on Tuesday.
Knuckles and Shovel Knight are unlikely as well

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Knuckles and Shovel Knight are unlikely as well
I honestly don't see why people even mention him, I know it's a good game and all, but I really dont think any indie character should be put in Smash as it'd cause catastrophic results for both this and future installments as some indie devs have shown. A trophy's fine since Commander Video has one, but it shouldn't be playable at all.

But back on subject, i'm sure it's been linked as the other more popular one has, but here's this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foNMSmwose0

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Oh. Something awesome happened while my friend was playing FFA the other day. Someone joined with the Tag (FreeWolf) So I told me friend to switch to my tag. (KrystalDLC) After two matches one person in the lobby changed their to (IJUSTDID) and then another along with the (FreeWolf) guy. So I got three extra people for vote for Krystal in the Smash Ballot!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Oh. Something awesome happened while my friend was playing FFA the other day. Someone joined with the Tag (FreeWolf) So I told me friend to switch to my tag. (KrystalDLC) After two matches one person in the lobby changed their to (IJUSTDID) and then another along with the (FreeWolf) guy. So I got three extra people for vote for Krystal in the Smash Ballot!
Great, continue on

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
You know, I thought it wouldn't have been a bad time to reveal Wolf at E3 because of Star Fox Wii U. It seems like that isn't happening now.

So then the question is: when would it be a good time to reveal Wolf now? Perhaps there is going to be a direct sometime between E3 and Star Fox Wii U's release that goes even further into detail regarding Star Fox Wii U. Maybe then Wolf can be revealed. I don't know. I almost feel like revealing Krystal and Wolf in one direct would be pushing it. Maybe Krystal won't be considered until after Star Fox Wii U is released.

Then again, we still don't even know what the cast is for Star Fox Wii U...

But still, Roy and Ryu is pretty nice. It's just not a surprise. :/

We've seen lots of speculation surrounding certain data exploitation that made it seem as if those two were expected to be revealed at some point in time.

Although, I'm curious as to Ryu's position. Was his inclusion because of the ballot, or because of what Nintendo simply had in mind? I mean I know Roy's extremely popular in Japan, but I have little clue to Ryu's popularity. He seems to be a character that many people are fine with, but there's not too much talk about him over here in the West before this reveal. Was he popular in Japan too?

Well I heard Street Fighter 5 is a Ps4 only Exclusive but however maybe Nintendo Has ST5 as well & has yet to Reveal it at E3 Well only time will tell FOLKS !! I CANT WAIT IM MAJOR HYPE i just have a Gut Feeling Wen Star Fox U gets Revealed We could not only get Wolf BUT KRystal as well a Oldie & a Newbie

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
well here's the thing nintendo usually reveals 3 characters for smash at E3's so Ryu (our 3rd party character), Roy (Fire Emblem), and ???. Now if we look at Roy he is most likely being included due to melee and im pretty sure will be revealed around the new Fire Emblem (due to a new one). Ryu is really weird and it might be due to something with street fighter so yeah. Now this last one (possibly) will most likely be a Star Fox character and here is why. What else is there to hype? Let's be honest here with Splatoon out and LOZ coming out next year (and Metroid well who and no way in hell we're getting another mario or pokemon rep at this point) So that leaves star fox. Now we have 1 vet, 1 newcomer, and the fate of this one is being determined. It wouldnt be surprising if it's wolf due to him wanting to come back however due to the fanbase i think Krystal will come first and then Wolf. Who knows im just excited to see star fox :)

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
well here's the thing nintendo usually reveals 3 characters for smash at E3's so Ryu (our 3rd party character), Roy (Fire Emblem), and ???.
Well, if Ryu and Roy are going to be available tomor--later today, they technically might not be E3 reveals at all. We may see some content on Tuesday that won't be ready until later this year...maybe even multiple characters.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Still unfair considering that it's one of nintendo's biggest franchise's and is still being represented by Samus alone
I agree.

If anything, the whole "no over-representation" argument is gone now. Although if Wolf doesn't get revealed on Tuesday, Krystal will be stuck in his shadow for longer...
Agreed.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
To put it bluntly, the direct mentioned stuff we already knew about, I was kinda hoping there'd be some last second announcement, but perhaps it may be for a later date, like around Star Fox Us announcement. Other than that Roy and everyone's already available.

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
Well, it was good to watch anyways to get the pricing information. That was pretty important, and may dictate how future DLC bundle packages will possibly work out. Considering that a character by themselves (I'm only looking at the double-system price because I have both versions) is 4.99 USD, and a character plus stage (in Ryu's case) is running 6.99 USD, what do you think would happen if there was some sort of double character bundle...? Like if Wolf and Krystal managed to be revealed together and they decided to package them both separately and simultaneously since they're from the same series. It's unlikely but it's just something to take note of down the line. I'm a bit surprised that Dreamland 64 has to be purchased. Thought that stages would sorta be a gimmie. However, I AM happy about the classic 64 stages we didn't know about before that are returning. REALLY wish we got Saffron City 64 though, that was my favorite stage from that game, but getting Hyrule Castle 64 will make a lot of people happy (Mario's 64 stage... not as much).

Other than that, Direct was useful, even if we knew what was coming (for almost two months now...) Now, from here, the actual E3, where we'll most likely hit the next phase of Krystal (and Wolf's) Smash speculation. To the 16th we go!

(P.S.: Man, these servers are shot. I wanna make my purchases for the DLC but I'm getting booted off every minute or so on both systems. Hype is real, Nintendo. Hype is real...)

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Well, it was good to watch anyways to get the pricing information. That was pretty important, and may dictate how future DLC bundle packages will possibly work out. Considering that a character by themselves (I'm only looking at the double-system price because I have both versions) is 4.99 USD, and a character plus stage (in Ryu's case) is running 6.99 USD, what do you think would happen if there was some sort of double character bundle...? Like if Wolf and Krystal managed to be revealed together and they decided to package them both separately and simultaneously since they're from the same series. It's unlikely but it's just something to take note of down the line. I'm a bit surprised that Dreamland 64 has to be purchased. Thought that stages would sorta be a gimmie. However, I AM happy about the classic 64 stages we didn't know about before that are returning. REALLY wish we got Saffron City 64 though, that was my favorite stage from that game, but getting Hyrule Castle 64 will make a lot of people happy (Mario's 64 stage... not as much).

Other than that, Direct was useful, even if we knew what was coming (for almost two months now...) Now, from here, the actual E3, where we'll most likely hit the next phase of Krystal (and Wolf's) Smash speculation. To the 16th we go!

(P.S.: Man, these servers are shot. I wanna make my purchases for the DLC but I'm getting booted off every minute or so on both systems. Hype is real, Nintendo. Hype is real...)
Well after watching the Smash Direct, was good and all and I'm glad they finally announced the date for the Smash 4 Amiibo for Falco which is going to be in September. I can finally get my hands on it and of course planning to get the Mewtwo Amiibo as well. As for Wolf, he was a no show. My best bet is that we'll see at least see some Smash related stuff for Tuesday. And what better way than to do that than to show Wolf after the Starfox Wii U reveal which would make perfect sense since Starfox Wii U is going to be the big thing this Tuesday that they are going to talk about. If they show Krystal alongside with him in the same trailer, then it'll be music to my ears. If they can get Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy back for the veterans, then I'm sure that Wolf will be next in line no doubt about it. Besides, they have data for him in Brawl and they have to update it for Smash 4. Not to mention he's a fan fave not just from the Starfox series but in the Smash community. Even with this reveal for Ryu, Lucas and Roy, I doubt that these are going to be the last DLC characters we're going to get and I'm sure there is going to be more characters on the way. This doesn't hurt Wolf and Krystal's chances to make it into Smash 4 since their chances are still really good and high. Won't be long now til we finally hear info on Starfox Wii U. I can feel it. ^^

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well after watching the Smash Direct, was good and all and I'm glad they finally announced the date for the Smash 4 Amiibo for Falco which is going to be in September. I can finally get my hands on it and of course planning to get the Mewtwo Amiibo as well. As for Wolf, he was a no show. My best bet is that we'll see at least see some Smash related stuff for Tuesday. And what better way than to do that than to show Wolf after the Starfox Wii U reveal which would make perfect sense since Starfox Wii U is going to be the big thing this Tuesday that they are going to talk about. If they show Krystal alongside with him in the same trailer, then it'll be music to my ears. If they can get Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy back for the veterans, then I'm sure that Wolf will be next in line no doubt about it. Besides, they have data for him in Brawl and they have to update it for Smash 4. Not to mention he's a fan fave not just from the Starfox series but in the Smash community. Even with this reveal for Ryu, Lucas and Roy, I doubt that these are going to be the last DLC characters we're going to get and I'm sure there is going to be more characters on the way. This doesn't hurt Wolf and Krystal's chances to make it into Smash 4 since their chances are still really good and high. Won't be long now til we finally hear info on Starfox Wii U. I can feel it. ^^
Yes

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
One full day left to go. Until the 6/16.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
After seing their E3 Conference, I think Bethesda has won E3, Sorry but I doubt Nintendo will win this year
Don't say that yet. While i agree Fallout 4 looked great, Doom looked badass, and Dishonored 2 was nice Nintendo has some tricks up their sleeves.

Edit: Besides if Nintendo shows Star fox, Unveils a new Metroid (which is very likely due to some Retro Studios hinting at a few things), Annouce a Galaxy 3 or Sunshine 2. I will be excited because honestly i want some retro fun for 2015 because i already got retro music (meaning my favorite bands and artists are making or made an album this year) So yeah.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Man.... I hope this upcoming nintendo direct is a good one, i flat out had it with the dissapointments. I dunno we krystal fans have to put up with so much to add on to it, and if shes somehow "cut" then idk about games anymore if the direction the industry is going is, Kids cant handle **** make it EZ, gamers are waifu addicted, give em moar, Pay this much to access this map then pay again etc.

Heres hoping that my predictions and hopes come true for this direct, as theyve been right so far, see you on the other side... hopefully its krystalized.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Its such a huge disappointment that they added Ryu to the roster. Would much rather have Krystal over him :ohwell: Street Fighter sucks!

Ryu wasn't even in the top ten most requested in any Smash poll. Its definitely feels like a corporate decision rather than catering to fan demand. A Ryu amiibo would no doubt sell a lot. ugh! It feels so unexciting to see a DLC character that originated from a "fighting game" to be put among characters who did not (no, i do not consider "Punch Out!" a fighting game). They pick a character whose current game is a PS4 exclusive. Really?? Over a real nintendo character? Pac-man and Megaman are 3rd party characters i can understand (lots of people requested them too) but Ryu is such BS.

Anyways sorry for being off topic.

I feel like this is another strike against her, considering the business mindset i'm seeing right now.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Its such a huge disappointment that they added Ryu to the roster. Would much rather have Krystal over him :ohwell: Street Fighter sucks!

Ryu wasn't even in the top ten most requested in any Smash poll. Its definitely feels like a corporate decision rather than catering to fan demand. A Ryu amiibo would no doubt sell a lot. ugh! It feels so unexciting to see a DLC character that originated from a "fighting game" to be put among characters who did not (no, i do not consider "Punch Out!" a fighting game). They pick a character whose current game is a PS4 exclusive. Really?? Over a real nintendo character? Pac-man and Megaman are 3rd party characters i can understand (lots of people requested them too) but Ryu is such BS.

I feel like this is another strike against her, considering the business mindset i'm seeing right now.
Yknow you can be an ass somewhere else if that was just sarcasm trying to repeat my comment in way that molds your baseless assumptions. (Im only saying this cause i recall you dont like the character, like please reading that was lol if you tried to have a jab at me. If im incorrect about my hunch My b)

First off I like ryu, but its just not enough to main him. SF does not suck, ive played countless fighters. But if you meant it, idk. Its an okay choice, the only strike against her would be.

A) her not being in starfox wii u
B) wolf being held out for so long that he just pushes her out
C) only 6 slots will be made total

Thats what would do it.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Yknow you can be an *** somewhere else if that was just sarcasm trying to repeat my comment in way that molds your baseless assumptions. (Im only saying this cause i recall you dont like the character, like please reading that was lol if you tried to have a jab at me. If im incorrect about my hunch My b)

First off I like ryu, but its just not enough to main him. SF does not suck, ive played countless fighters. But if you meant it, idk. Its an okay choice, the only strike against her would be.

Thats what would do it.
First off, I honestly don't think that's going to be the case of her being removed from the series like that. Think of the outrage it would cause to all the Krystal/Starfox fans out there and Nintendo knows better than to do that and even Miyamoto himself. I have a feeling that she will be in Starfox Wii U. Besides, even with the reveal of Ryu, Roy and Lucas, I don't think that this hurts Wolf and Krystal's chances at all and most likely Sakurai should be aware that Miyamoto has been working on the new Starfox Wii U game for some time now. As for Ryu, I don't mind being in Smash 4. Although it was an odd choice since I don't remember him being the most requested. This is probably more of a business approach and it's possible that the reason he's in Smash 4 is most likely because of the new Street Fighter 5 game coming up for the PS4 and PC. I also have a gut feeling that we could see some Smash related stuff even if it's small in tommorow's Digital Event as a surprise. And what better way than to show off Wolf as the next veteran after the Starfox Wii U reveal in the Event for his DLC trailer. As we all know, if Krystal shows up alongside with him in the same trailer, then that would be so awesome. Like all of you, I'm a huge Krystal fan/supporter and I have voted for her in the ballot back in April. She deserves to make it into the roster after all the time and the same goes for Wolf. But to be on a more realistic side here for Krystal, she could be shown as part of the newcomers when SF Wii U nears its release and they can use it as a promotion just like Wolf(if he gets shown tommorow in the Event which makes sense). Besides, Fire Emblem just got a whopping 5 characters in there and why not the Starfox roster should get 4 at least and for all of you DK fans out there at least King K. Rool(he's the most requested character along with Krystal). After all, SF Wii U is going to be the big talk/issue tommorow and I'm sure of it with Zelda being pushed back for next year.

Last edited:

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
well from what i belive since the 2 have been dropped people seen 2 more slots shown from the site also looks like they made a bit of the icons smaller to expand the roster in the game ... well the WiiU Version that is so it looks like 4 more slots can fit in
so my guesses are its ether a Star Fox Rep Wolf or Krystal due to Star Fox WiiU..... (Crosses Fingers) (DONT GIVE UP HOPE) & or ether the Top 2 Most Voted Chars from the Smash Ballot Chances are of we Seeing the Smash Ballot char are more likly to be in the new Year & prob a Direct in October after the ballot is done or maybe they'll choose chars before hand in september & Announce the offiical Chars in October............

GOTTA SPECULATE........................

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Ungrateful much? We got a brand new character with a unique moveset and you're complaining? Ryu also wasn't added because of the ballot, they won't start working on those characters till October, he was pre-planned as his files were found just after the ballot started

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, the Ballot just became so much better for me. If all of these characters (I'm assuming so) we all pre-planned before the Ballot was even a thing. I have so much hope for so much more content to come from the Ballot. While Nintendo and even Sakurai may forget about some character's we the fans almost never forget and with how well the current DLC ride is going I could see this going on for as long as the money/support keeps coming in.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I dont know if it means much, but someone on Miiverse made a post on Krystal in the E3 section yesterday, and it's gotten a good amount of attention, the guys Art Academy post he labeled as his favorite is even higher than that as well.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I dont know if it means much, but someone on Miiverse made a post on Krystal in the E3 section yesterday, and it's gotten a good amount of attention, the guys Art Academy post he labeled as his favorite is even higher than that as well.
What is the link to this post? I want to see it.

Edit: I think I found it. Is it from this guy called Alfore? Damn. He is quite the supporter for Krystal! Hope he keeps up the good work.

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Yknow you can be an *** somewhere else if that was just sarcasm trying to repeat my comment in way that molds your baseless assumptions. (Im only saying this cause i recall you dont like the character, like please reading that was lol if you tried to have a jab at me. If im incorrect about my hunch My b)

Thats what would do it.
???

Ungrateful much? We got a brand new character with a unique moveset and you're complaining? Ryu also wasn't added because of the ballot, they won't start working on those characters till October, he was pre-planned as his files were found just after the ballot started
You're telling me to be grateful for a character i don't like? K bye. I was one of the only fans who didn't partake in the sh**storm about the roster when it came out (cause i give no f**ks about lack of Mewtwo/Wolf, stage hazard Ridley, or those clones) but seeing 3rd party characters inclusions that don't make sense just puts a sour taste in my mouth. Also, I've always hated Ryu and his playstyle. I already know his moveset (anyone whose played SF does), so i can pretty much judge him without even seeing his trailer. Hes a horrible choice and I don't have to like their decision to add him.

"Ryu also wasn't added because of the ballot"

ty for pointing out the obvious. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
???

You're telling me to be grateful for a character i don't like? K bye. I was one of the only fans who didn't partake in the sh**storm about the roster when it came out (cause i give no f**ks about lack of Mewtwo/Wolf, stage hazard Ridley, or those clones) but seeing 3rd party characters inclusions that don't make sense just puts a sour taste in my mouth. Also, I've always hated Ryu and his playstyle. I already know his moveset (anyone whose played SF does), so i can pretty much judge him without even seeing his trailer. Hes a horrible choice and I don't have to like their decision to add him.

All I'm saying is that you should be grateful we're getting any DLC at all, without that Krystal wouldn't have any chance of getting in. And how does Ryu's inclusion not make sense? He's the face of fighting games, what Mario is to platformers, Ryu is to fighters.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
???

I think Star took your comment out of context as an insult toward him. As for Ryu, it is OK to not like a character you don't like added as DLC but I wouldn't take it to far as being ungrateful as Dark put it. You don't have to be "grateful" of a character (Kind of like me) but still enjoy the new content and uniqueness Ryu brings like I do.

Top Bottom