• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Expect this time people will be even more aware than ever. Back then when we saw Dark Pit, almost everyone thought "Pfft, no way they are putting different colored Pit in the game. Its just a cameo".

Now, if at the end of a Wolf trailer appears Krystal in some indirect appearance. Everyone will claim "confirmed" from the get go... unless that appearance is her being on the floor saying "I guess I'll get my chance another day".
Anything's possible at the moment with it. It would be awesome if it would be a double reveal like the Charizard/Greninja trailer and here it could be the same with Wolf/Krystal. But they could be saving for Krystal for the ballot instead once it finished in October. As for the whole Ryu/Roy issue of them being the patch, I'm very skeptical about it. Just because they were in the latest patch after Mewtwo came out doesn't mean that they will be in and Nintendo has not mentioned anything about it. Roy for instance, do we really need another Fire Emblem character and one who is a Marth clone? I doubt he would make it in Smash 4. I think he's already too little to late to the party. As for Ryu, that's plausible there and I doubt that would happen as well. Until we hear some official confirmation from Nintendo regarding about this, I'm treating the whole Ryu/Roy debacle as a rumor and take it with a grain of salt. Now with Wolf on the other hand, that's a very definite possibility especially with the issue of SF Wii U being as one of their major titles for E3 next week which increases his chances coming back and of course this could help Krystal later on once the ballot finishes in October(need I remind again that I have a feeling that she'll be back in the newest entry). We're getting close to E3 and I'm excited for it. Soon, we'll get our answers on SF Wii U and see what Miyamoto has been up to on it. One thing for sure is that we can expect that the development of it have advanced beyond from what we saw last year and with Zelda delayed for next year, it appears that Nintendo is somehow going to make a big deal out of Starfox this year.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
But now I can't help but think of Krystal being part of Wolf's new final smash.

Somehow, this manages to amuse me even though it's definitely not the outcome I want.
No, no, Krystal wouldn't be the one who got Chromed. If anything, Krystal's Final Smash would summon Roy. :troll:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
No, no, Krystal wouldn't be the one who got Chromed. If anything, Krystal's Final Smash would summon Roy. :troll:
Nah, Krystal's final smash would summon Ridley, of course. She'd fly around on his back and shoot her staff.

But if she was playing on Pyrosphere when she did her final smash, she'd fly around on Alfonzo's back for her final smash.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
No no no... we're all wrong, Krystal's Final Smash summons Wolf! ,,,Who pilots another stolen Landmaster! :p

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Apparently there's a new Smash direct, in addition to all the new Smash stuff being released and shown (i.e. Lucas' release), on Sunday the 14th at 7:40 PT.

I don't think it will have anything to do with Krystal, but it is interesting to see that they're going to hold a Smash direct just days before E3. It kind of makes me wonder what Smash related stuff they're going to reveal at E3, if anything at all now.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Apparently there's a new Smash direct, in addition to all the new Smash stuff being released and shown (i.e. Lucas' release), on Sunday the 14th at 7:40 PT.

I don't think it will have anything to do with Krystal, but it is interesting to see that they're going to hold a Smash direct just days before E3. It kind of makes me wonder what Smash related stuff they're going to reveal at E3, if anything at all now.
It's 20 minutes so we may get something besides the two we know about...

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07

Yeah. In fact, I'm actually wondering what they'll reveal in DLC wise for characters. Most likely another veteran after Lucas and it could possibly be Wolf(given the fact about Starfox Wii U). But if this video happens, then Nintendo can focus on the rest of their games that will be shown in the Digital Event and get the Smash related stuff out of the way.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You know, for a character in a series with a big upcoming game, things are awful quiet around here.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Yeah. In fact, I'm actually wondering what they'll reveal in DLC wise for characters. Most likely another veteran after Lucas and it could possibly be Wolf(given the fact about Starfox Wii U). But if this video happens, then Nintendo can focus on the rest of their games that will be shown in the Digital Event and get the Smash related stuff out of the way.

This upcoming direct definitely puts questions in my mind. If it's really a whole 20 minutes, I wonder what they'll talk about. I just have a hard time believing they'll reveal Wolf or even potentially Krystal in a direct like that. It seems like it would be much more hype inducing if Wolf (or maybe even Krystal) were revealed after Star Fox Wii U's trailer or whatever. The timing seems ideal. Show us the new Star Fox and remind everyone why it's an awesome franchise we want to see more of. Suddenly, "character trailer" for Smash.

Who knows though. Nintendo's been able to talk at length about "little things" before. That whole 20 minutes may even discuss just Lucas, Miiverse stage, DLC stages, perhaps Roy or Ryu will get a reveal if that's to be a thing, and maybe something about custom moves for DLC characters could be explained. There's other little changes or plans that we might not now of they'll discuss. Maybe new Amiibo functions and a proper Adventure mode. Crazy stuff like that. Getting a Star Fox character confirmed would surprise me though since I honestly thought they'd wait to do that after the Star Fox Wii U trailer. They may even discuss the ballot, which would really surprise me, but I could actually see happening with all the time they have. E3 is a big enough deal that I could see two characters getting revealed in this upcoming week. Perhaps one will get a trailer in this direct and the other will sneak in somewhere else during the show. Lots of questions.

This is all assuming the direct really is a whole 20 minutes long, of course.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I imagine things would start to get really crazy next week though.
I don't know about you, but it felt like it really sneaked up on us. I've been really busy though, so that helps I think. Weeks have been flying by for me anyways. I expect this next week to do the same, though maybe the anticipation will slow it down a tad and make it feel like a wait, heh.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I don't know about you, but it felt like it really sneaked up on us. I've been really busy though, so that helps I think. Weeks have been flying by for me anyways. I expect this next week to do the same, though maybe the anticipation will slow it down a tad and make it feel like a wait, heh.
Nah. The future's just coming much too slow for me. With me already wrapping up my second year of college, already signed up for classes at the university in Texas I'm going to next year, me catching Listeria. It feels like time is getting even slower in the final wait for StarFox Wii U coverage.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Nah. The future's just coming much too slow for me. With me already wrapping up my second year of college, already signed up for classes at the university in Texas I'm going to next year, me catching Listeria. It feels like time is getting even slower in the final wait for StarFox Wii U coverage.
The best you can do is try and occupy yourself I guess. I expect this week to be slower for me too, but I was just saying that all these prior weeks have flown by. Already have a full week of plans ahead of me so I won't be able to blame having nothing to do if the week seems slower. And the weekends have been really dawn to dusk for me too. This last one was like it never happened in terms of time. Never enough hours in the day for the big jobs.

On the other hand, hanging out on the internet and constantly refreshing news pages and looking the same stuff up over and over again just waiting for something new... yeah, your week will crawl by very painfully. Don't do that, heh.

I'm actually busier now than I was when my semester was still going. I think it's because school actually forced me to sit down and work on the computer so there were plenty of distractions right in front of me.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
This upcoming direct definitely puts questions in my mind. If it's really a whole 20 minutes, I wonder what they'll talk about. I just have a hard time believing they'll reveal Wolf or even potentially Krystal in a direct like that. It seems like it would be much more hype inducing if Wolf (or maybe even Krystal) were revealed after Star Fox Wii U's trailer or whatever. The timing seems ideal. Show us the new Star Fox and remind everyone why it's an awesome franchise we want to see more of. Suddenly, "character trailer" for Smash.

Who knows though. Nintendo's been able to talk at length about "little things" before. That whole 20 minutes may even discuss just Lucas, Miiverse stage, DLC stages, perhaps Roy or Ryu will get a reveal if that's to be a thing, and maybe something about custom moves for DLC characters could be explained. There's other little changes or plans that we might not now of they'll discuss. Maybe new Amiibo functions and a proper Adventure mode. Crazy stuff like that. Getting a Star Fox character confirmed would surprise me though since I honestly thought they'd wait to do that after the Star Fox Wii U trailer. They may even discuss the ballot, which would really surprise me, but I could actually see happening with all the time they have. E3 is a big enough deal that I could see two characters getting revealed in this upcoming week. Perhaps one will get a trailer in this direct and the other will sneak in somewhere else during the show. Lots of questions.

You could be right. Revealing 1 character for the Smash presentation can work and then when the Digital Event comes around Tuesday, they can reveal a Starfox character for Smash 4(most likely Wolf and they can save Krystal for later with the near release of SF Wii U when the ballot ends in October) with Starfox Wii U's reveal. But I will say this. It points to the fact that Wolf for instance as I said before, his chances of coming back are a lot stronger than expected for Smash 4 and this applies the same with Krystal later on(which her chances are also really good for DLC newcomer potential). Look what they did last year, they managed to reveal 3 new characters throughout Nintendo's E3 which were Mii Fighter, Pac-Man and Palutena and they could do it like that again this year.

Speaking of that in a more personal note, there is this guy in Deviantart who goes by the name Layeyes. He has some really good SF art and he's currently working on a fan project comic called Starfox Lylat Legacy(a reimagining of the Starfox series based off in chapters from each of the games including the unreleased SF 2 with the exception of Command. This compilation of stories goes all the way up to Assault's storyline(keep in mind that the project is still in work). Check out some of these pics including some from our favorite vixen drawn by him and a good way to continue our support for her.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
You could be right. Revealing 1 character for the Smash presentation can work and then when the Digital Event comes around Tuesday, they can reveal a Starfox character for Smash 4(most likely Wolf and they can save Krystal for later with the near release of SF Wii U when the ballot ends in October) with Starfox Wii U's reveal. But I will say this. It points to the fact that Wolf for instance as I said before, his chances of coming back are a lot stronger than expected for Smash 4 and this applies the same with Krystal later on(which her chances are also really good for DLC newcomer potential). Look what they did last year, they managed to reveal 3 new characters throughout Nintendo's E3 which were Mii Fighter, Pac-Man and Palutena and they could do it like that again this year.

Speaking of that in a more personal note, there is this guy in Deviantart who goes by the name Layeyes. He has some really good SF art and he's currently working on a fan project comic called Starfox Lylat Legacy(a reimagining of the Starfox series based off in chapters from each of the games including the unreleased SF 2 with the exception of Command. This compilation of stories goes all the way up to Assault's storyline(keep in mind that the project is still in work). Check out some of these pics including some from our favorite vixen drawn by him and a good way to continue our support for her.

Great drawings

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake

i have a feeling they may show the ballot with the Top 4 Chars Most Vote & say somthing like : "& im Looking at these charaters into consideration also Keep Votiing u never know it just might be Your Charater That Gets the Most VOTES !! "

just my gut feeling telling me & if anything if thye reveal another DLC Char it would prob be Ether Ryu or Roy My Guesses cuase why reveal a Star Fox Char before Showing Star Fox WiiU ?? hmm well at dis point who knos we'll find out in 4 days !!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm beginning to Wonder if all the Krystal fans are hiding under their beds, fearing the worst.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm beginning to Wonder if all the Krystal fans are hiding under their beds, fearing the worst.
Not me! I'm more worried about a few things not StarFox related.

1. Whether or not they will actually declare a "Year of Fire Emblem"
2. Searching for any signs of Fire and Ice being a bad game
3. Waiting for GCN Virtual Console games
And 4. Waiting to see if Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn will be re-ported for Wii u eShop.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

That's some good art. The style doesn't appeal to me, but I can appreciate the talent required to make it all the same. The bodies and faces look weirdly "mature" and "too human" for me. Bit of uncanny valley I suppose. I prefer more accurate depictions of the characters as they appear in their games.

i have a feeling they may show the ballot with the Top 4 Chars Most Vote & say somthing like : "& im Looking at these charaters into consideration also Keep Votiing u never know it just might be Your Charater That Gets the Most VOTES !! "

just my gut feeling telling me & if anything if thye reveal another DLC Char it would prob be Ether Ryu or Roy My Guesses cuase why reveal a Star Fox Char before Showing Star Fox WiiU ?? hmm well at dis point who knos we'll find out in 4 days !!
It's hard for me to believe that there will be decisions made on a "most votes" basis. There's no indication that Nintendo even has or cares to actually count votes. The lack of limitations on the ballot indicates this. Really, it appears the ballot is as much a suggestion box as anything. There will be characters with lots of votes that will get notice. I don't think exact numbers will ever be known.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
That's some good art. The style doesn't appeal to me, but I can appreciate the talent required to make it all the same. The bodies and faces look weirdly "mature" and "too human" for me. Bit of uncanny valley I suppose. I prefer more accurate depictions of the characters as they appear in their games.

It's hard for me to believe that there will be decisions made on a "most votes" basis. There's no indication that Nintendo even has or cares to actually count votes. The lack of limitations on the ballot indicates this. Really, it appears the ballot is as much a suggestion box as anything. There will be characters with lots of votes that will get notice. I don't think exact numbers will ever be known.
Well, just wanted to show to all of you guys some new pics I found online and I have been following this person Layeyes for a while. He's been working on this project fan comic SF Lylat Legacy since 2013 and this is turning out to be even grander than I thought. With him basing the stories off from the games(except Command), that's quite ambitious in his own reimagining of the series. Because the things I see in the Starfox series is that there is so much scope to focus on and he's taking this to a whole new level. I can't wait to see the final product in this massive fan comic which is going to be quite an entertaining read. I guess when Miyamoto said 2015 being the "Year of Starfox", I don't think he was kidding around. Remember, SF Wii U has been something Miyamoto has been wanting to do since the Wii era back in 2008 and was in development around the same time with Pikmin 3(like Starfox Wii U another game that they were going to release on the Wii and it was brought to the Wii U in 2013).

Overall, getting back to SF Wii U, we can all bet that is going to be one of the major titles to be talked about during E3 and here's what I can see(and hoping) they could talk about to show how this series is a big deal to the fans out there and to Nintendo:

-Trailer and Gameplay footage(obviously)
-Release date(no doubt since it is still slated for a 2015 release date which could be like Super Mario 3D World that it was announced in 2013 and released in the same year with reviews on the game really well received)
-Online Multiplayer(definitely a must)
-Most likely to reveal Wolf as the next veteran character for Smash 4 DLC during E3(increasing his chances to come back and the same goes for Krystal in which they can reveal her after the ballot ends in October and the near release date for SF Wii U during the holiday season because of the Ballot based off from that recent poll(from both the Japanese and American audiences) of her and K. Rool being the most requested DLC newcomers for Smash 4 since Brawl).
-Amiibo compatibility since Miyamoto confirmed it back in December 2014 which he'll be able to elaborate more on it during E3 and very likely for Nintendo to reveal a SF Amiibo lineup consisting of at least 6 characters(like the Super Mario lineup) in figurines(like for Smash, Super Mario and Splatoon). The characters will be as follows as I mentioned before which are Fox, Falco, Krystal, Peppy, Slippy and Wolf. I have been thinking that the features that how these Amiibos will work would be like Splatoon(where when you scan them, you do certain challenges pertaining to those characters and when you complete them, you can use them in the game like in Splatoon).

Also, found this other pic of Krystal for all of you to see:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
On the other hand, they also have a smaller team now. Investing that much time and such a significant part of their forces into trying to get the Ice Climbers working again could blow up in their face if they couldn't pull it off. They'd have a lot of time and money wasted, and nothing to show for it. With so many other characters to choose from what wouldn't involve a risk like that...it makes me skeptical.

But regardless, this isn't the thread for this. Let's keep it focused, guys. Even if Krystal could have an ice attack. >_>

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
On the other hand, they also have a smaller team now. Investing that much time and such a significant part of their forces into trying to get the Ice Climbers working again could blow up in their face if they couldn't pull it off. They'd have a lot of time and money wasted, and nothing to show for it. With so many other characters to choose from what wouldn't involve a risk like that...it makes me skeptical.

But regardless, this isn't the thread for this. Let's keep it focused, guys. Even if Krystal could have an ice attack. >_>
What about that leaked casting document for Smash DLC?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Well, just wanted to show to all of you guys some new pics I found online and I have been following this person Layeyes for a while. He's been working on this project fan comic SF Lylat Legacy since 2013 and this is turning out to be even grander than I thought. With him basing the stories off from the games(except Command), that's quite ambitious in his own reimagining of the series. Because the things I see in the Starfox series is that there is so much scope to focus on and he's taking this to a whole new level. I can't wait to see the final product in this massive fan comic which is going to be quite an entertaining read. I guess when Miyamoto said 2015 being the "Year of Starfox", I don't think he was kidding around. Remember, SF Wii U has been something Miyamoto has been wanting to do since the Wii era back in 2008 and was in development around the same time with Pikmin 3(like Starfox Wii U another game that they were going to release on the Wii and it was brought to the Wii U in 2013).

Overall, getting back to SF Wii U, we can all bet that is going to be one of the major titles to be talked about during E3 and here's what I can see(and hoping) they could talk about to show how this series is a big deal to the fans out there and to Nintendo:

-Trailer and Gameplay footage(obviously)
-Release date(no doubt since it is still slated for a 2015 release date which could be like Super Mario 3D World that it was announced in 2013 and released in the same year with reviews on the game really well received)
-Online Multiplayer(definitely a must)
-Most likely to reveal Wolf as the next veteran character for Smash 4 DLC during E3(increasing his chances to come back and the same goes for Krystal in which they can reveal her after the ballot ends in October and the near release date for SF Wii U during the holiday season because of the Ballot based off from that recent poll(from both the Japanese and American audiences) of her and K. Rool being the most requested DLC newcomers for Smash 4 since Brawl).
-Amiibo compatibility since Miyamoto confirmed it back in December 2014 which he'll be able to elaborate more on it during E3 and very likely for Nintendo to reveal a SF Amiibo lineup consisting of at least 6 characters(like the Super Mario lineup) in figurines(like for Smash, Super Mario and Splatoon). The characters will be as follows as I mentioned before which are Fox, Falco, Krystal, Peppy, Slippy and Wolf. I have been thinking that the features that how these Amiibos will work would be like Splatoon(where when you scan them, you do certain challenges pertaining to those characters and when you complete them, you can use them in the game like in Splatoon).

Also, found this other pic of Krystal for all of you to see:

Not sure how you manage it, but you have a knack for finding Krystal art that's just... yeah. Sorry man. I'm hyper sensitive to this stuff. It's not your fault. Just funny how our tastes are so different or something. I don't know.

I can't not see a creepy bat head.

It's hard to judge just how much of an obstacle they ever had with the Ice Climbers. Obviously enough to not include them in the original release, and for that reason I'm inclined to believe they're far from probable to be included. But then, they could just find a convenient bit of programming that simplifies the AI or they could redo the character altogether. Maybe they've been tinkering with ICs this whole time since the games release. It's very hard for me to judge just how possible they are. They do have a seemingly unique obstacle that no other character necessarily has to deal with. But they do have the fact that they're vets and Sakurai's already tried to add them, going for them.

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Not sure how you manage it, but you have a knack for finding Krystal art that's just... yeah. Sorry man. I'm hyper sensitive to this stuff. It's not your fault. Just funny how our tastes are so different or something. I don't know.

I can't not see a creepy bat head.
Typically, from what I see at DeviantART, no one knows how to draw Krystal correctly or at least with her own correct proportions. Everyone draws her longer and with a smaller head making her more realistically proportioned to a human which they aren't supposed to be. No offense but, Krayon Kaphonie's render included. Then again, art is art.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On a slightly different topic, Hyrule Warriors got a 3DS port and two new characters. I wonder if they'll expand the warriors series to cover other Nintendo series.

Lylat Warriors maybe?

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
On a slightly different topic, Hyrule Warriors got a 3DS port and two new characters. I wonder if they'll expand the warriors series to cover other Nintendo series.

Lylat Warriors maybe?
I would love to see a Krystal centric spin-off focusing on her using her staff and magic in combat now that would be a game I would kill to see

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake

Well dat maybe true however Only Sunday Will Determine Everything so far & everyone knows Dis is obvs WAYY BEYOND Lucas, Mii Stage & Splatoon Skins lol. only 2 more days to go we'll find out soon enough..

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well dat maybe true however Only Sunday Will Determine Everything so far & everyone knows Dis is obvs WAYY BEYOND Lucas, Mii Stage & Splatoon Skins lol. only 2 more days to go we'll find out soon enough..
Technically it is

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
To be honest, I can't wait for Sunday. I can't wait to see what they have to offer.

Top Bottom