• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
They could still do it though, I remember Miyamoto saying they might get a second developer on board

Plus they already have the engine for the arwing-esque section in Bayo 2 built
It'd be great if Platinum could come on board.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
From DA:

I've seen people on YouTube mention if she got in smash, she should have a "dino stampede or something based on the Krazoa Spirits" as a final smash.

I don't like either idea. Has anyone here thought of anything different?
Or did y'all have something similar in mind?
Agreed, more or less. Here's my thoughts on Krystal's final smash from a post I made a while ago now...

I would actually be okay with a Landmaster, and I'm not even joking. Final Smashes aren't all that anyways and Falco still has one. If anyone would be grabbing an Arwing it's him, but no... Landmaster. If Krystal got a Landmaster, I'm sure people would be throwing up their hands in outrage... but if every other part of her moveset was unique, I'd just be happy to have her. I think most of us can agree on that at least.

That said, I'd much rather she have something different.... but I'm not entirely sold on the whole Krazoa or Dinosaur based Final Smashes either. The staff just feels too good to pass up even though it's an Adventures icon, but her FS feels like it should have something more to do with her and not just an episode in her life when she was on Sauria. Silly perhaps. I personally don't have many ideas, but I'd like to think she could do something "Star Fox" related, as in the team, that wasn't the Landmaster. Maybe call the Great Fox to drop a barrage of bombs on the stage, although that seems more like something Fox should do, but no.... Landmaster. I've also thought it would be cool is she got picked up and rode on the wing of an Arwing and fired rockets. Maybe she could call Slippy to do that for her. Alternatively, she could also just hop in an Arwing. But again, it feels like Falco should do that of anyone, but no.... Landmaster.

Yeah, I don't have great ideas and I'm not a huge fan of many ideas for her either. It's one of the few places I'm genuinely stumped when it comes to Krystal's moveset. I'd hate it if Sakurai had the same problem and ditched her for that reason alone... because he doesn't want four Landmaster users in his game.

Sakurai, I'll accept another Landmaster as long as the rest of the moveset is unique! Please, for Krystal's sake! I accepted Wolf just fine. I didn't even care that he had a Landmaster too for some reason!

Oh, almost forgot. Star Fox Wii U could really give Krystal some more options. Maybe new vehicles, weapons, abilities, etc. She could do something we haven't even seen in the Star Fox series for her Final Smash.
Long story short... I don't really have many good ideas. I'm hoping the new Star Fox gives us some ideas. Falco not using an Arwing kind of screws with things.

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
I guess it's safe to assume you people have similar and/or the exact same idea for her final smash.

My support for this character / wanting her as a playable has dropped somewhat.

Sorry, guys.

Edit: Disregard this. I only said it because I didn't see any new ideas.

I still sorta feel that way tho.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I guess it's safe to assume you people have similar and/or the exact same idea for her final smash.

My support for this character / wanting her as a playable has dropped somewhat.

Sorry, guys.
Like I said in the post I quoted, final smashes aren't that important to me. It's basically the only move of Krystal's I don't have clear ideas for... and it's an optional item based move. I'm not going to complain about it if I get Krystal, since I know I'm far far more interesting in her having an interesting moveset everywhere else. The fact that I'm not sure about her FS doesn't diminish my support.

Although, this wait for E3 and some Star Fox Wii U inspiration has kind of put a lot of things on hold for me. I'm waiting to see what it could bring to the table. We might have much better ideas and certainly more to talk about after E3. I can understand the wane in interest. There's just not been a whole lot to add lately. Sure we can small talk and all, but I think most of us feel this anticipation and know that many of the what-if scenarios we discuss here will be clarified if we just wait two more weeks.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Finally I ha e some time to draw!! D: I'm close to finishing but I still have a lot of work to do l, like her legs obviously xD I gotta change the position of them x) her head is pretty much done but I still need to work on that too =) I just wanted to show what I have so far ^^
Krystal By KaphonieNOTDonedude.jpg
Krystal By Kaphonienotdone.jpg

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Finally I ha e some time to draw!! D: I'm close to finishing but I still have a lot of work to do l, like her legs obviously xD I gotta change the position of them x) her head is pretty much done but I still need to work on that too =) I just wanted to show what I have so far ^^View attachment 54750View attachment 54751
Nice but change the outfit to blue and black

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Finally I ha e some time to draw!! D: I'm close to finishing but I still have a lot of work to do l, like her legs obviously xD I gotta change the position of them x) her head is pretty much done but I still need to work on that too =) I just wanted to show what I have so far ^^View attachment 54750View attachment 54751
Looking really good so far. Seriously. Can't wait to see the finished product.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Excellent work. I wasn't sure how you'd convert your sketch to a digital image, but your rendering is legit. It's not just the colored in line art that I'd have probably settled for. Digital art and proper rendering is still a relatively new thing for me and I'm no good, heh. If the rest of the image is given this level of attention, I can only expect to love this. I also love seeing the "work in progress".

Nice but change the outfit to blue and black
The design of the Command outfit isn't that different from the Assault design. Recoloring shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Although, the detailed shading might make it a bit of work. Basically, I don't see why Krayon can't have both colors.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
The design of the Command outfit isn't that different from the Assault design. Recoloring shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Although, the detailed shading might make it a bit of work. Basically, I don't see why Krayon can't have both colors.
Especially since we'll inevitably raise hell until he does a full set of 8 recolors to go along with it. >_>

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Looks awesome. Can't wait to see the finished pic. Another good way to have this kind of art to support her.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well this thread died for a bit. Luckily, I have a defibrillator.

I wonder if Krystal's initial popularity in the Brawl hype was a result of circumstance (i.e. her voice actress posting that she'd voice her leading most to assume she was playable) or a difference in the Japanese and American fandoms. Japanese companies are infamously terrible at following American market demands, even when the series is most popular over there. See OTHER M and Dr. Robotnik Eggman for deails.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well this thread died for a bit. Luckily, I have a defibrillator.

I wonder if Krystal's initial popularity in the Brawl hype was a result of circumstance (i.e. her voice actress posting that she'd voice her leading most to assume she was playable) or a difference in the Japanese and American fandoms. Japanese companies are infamously terrible at following American market demands, even when the series is most popular over there. See OTHER M and Dr. Robotnik Eggman for deails.
Makes perfect sense. I mean look at the Wii U itself, for the first two years of existence, Nintendo focused way too much on what the Japanese want, and practically ignored American demands for a new Metroid or any other 1st party IP that's only popular in The West

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
Welll all i can say E3 is a couple of days away with Star Fox BOUND to be Shown Lets have our Fingers Crossed Krystal is the NEW CHAR TO JOIN THE FRAY !! cuz i do belive were gonna get a Star Fox Char due to the game being Shown Ether way !

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Welll all i can say E3 is a couple of days away with Star Fox BOUND to be Shown Lets have our Fingers Crossed Krystal is the NEW CHAR TO JOIN THE FRAY !! cuz i do belive were gonna get a Star Fox Char due to the game being Shown Ether way !
In theory, it is possible for us to get a Krystal and Wolf double reveal, which would be the perfect way to please everyone

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
In theory, it is possible for us to get a Krystal and Wolf double reveal, which would be the perfect way to please everyone
That would be cool to see a double reveal. Kind of reminds me of Charizard and Greninja being revealed at the same time back then. It would make so much sense with the double reveal for Krystal and Wolf.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
A double reveal with Wolf and Krystal would be nice, but it sounds like a pipe dream if you ask me.

I'm not saying Sakurai working on both as we speak is out of the question, I just don't think he'd reveal both that soon. At the very least he might tease Krystal just like he did Dark Pit in Palutena's trailer.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
That would be cool to see a double reveal. Kind of reminds me of Charizard and Greninja being revealed at the same time back then. It would make so much sense with the double reveal for Krystal and Wolf.
Yet with it being so long until the Smash Ballot closes, it's pretty unlikely. Not entirely out of the question, though.

I'm not saying Sakurai working on both as we speak is out of the question, I just don't think he'd reveal both that soon. At the very least he might tease Krystal just like he did Dark Pit in Palutena's trailer.
Although in that case, Dark Pit was likely still an alt when that trailer was being finished.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
A double reveal with Wolf and Krystal would be nice, but it sounds like a pipe dream if you ask me.

I can see him revealing Krystal in that fashion, 8

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I can see him revealing Krystal in that fashion, 8
Expect this time people will be even more aware than ever. Back then when we saw Dark Pit, almost everyone thought "Pfft, no way they are putting different colored Pit in the game. Its just a cameo".

Now, if at the end of a Wolf trailer appears Krystal in some indirect appearance. Everyone will claim "confirmed" from the get go... unless that appearance is her being on the floor saying "I guess I'll get my chance another day".

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Expect this time people will be even more aware than ever. Back then when we saw Dark Pit, almost everyone thought "Pfft, no way they are putting different colored Pit in the game. Its just a cameo".

Now, if at the end of a Wolf trailer appears Krystal in some indirect appearance. Everyone will claim "confirmed" from the get go... unless that appearance is her being on the floor saying "I guess I'll get my chance another day".
Doubt Sakurai will pull a Chrom with Krystal

DarkKry4

Smash Ace

ty for adding some realism in this thread. some people here really do have bizarre unrealistic expectations.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake

now DAT WOULD BE DOPE !!

Doubt Sakurai will pull a Chrom with Krystal

& if Anything i believe as far as the Smash Ballot goes There has been 5 Slots people found out so far soo its prob gonna be like dis MewTwo, Lucas, a Star Fox Char Reveal? Roy, & Ryu & DEN the Smash Ballot Char Winner.....
Dats what i believe cuz After Lucas Leaves 3 More Slots With em being 2 Chars Nintendo Chose & the Smash Ballot Winner which DAT wont be announced Till E3...

Last edited by a moderator:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
& if Anything i believe as far as the Smash Ballot goes There has been 5 Slots people found out so far soo its prob gonna be like dis MewTwo, Lucas, a Star Fox Char Reveal? Roy, & Ryu & DEN the Smash Ballot Char Winner.....
Dats what i believe cuz After Lucas Leaves 3 More Slots With em being 2 Chars Nintendo Chose & the Smash Ballot Winner which DAT wont be announced Till E3...
COUGH COUGH THEY COULD ADD MORE SLOTS COUGH

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I doubt we're getting just 1 ballot character, if we were then what's the point of having a ballot that lasts all the way till October. I think we'll get another pre-planned newcomer, I'm not sure who though maybe Dixie or Isaac or something

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
ty for adding some realism in this thread. some people here really do have bizarre unrealistic expectations.
Yeah, as far as bizarre expectations, I see it a lot. Especially out of Sonic fans. Earlier this month I saw this thread about Knuckles being DLC, which they called me rude for not supporting him.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yeah, as far as bizarre expectations, I see it a lot. Especially out of Sonic fans. Earlier this month I saw this thread about Knuckles being DLC, which they called me rude for not supporting him.
You have two 3 types of Sonic fans. Normal Sonic fans who just like the games and characters like me. Obsessed Sonic fans (people who want like 50 Sonic characters in Smash and defend anything Sonic even if its like Sonic 06 or Boom), and then finally the *shiver* Sonic Fanfiction writers.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You have two 3 types of Sonic fans. Normal Sonic fans who just like the games and characters like me. Obsessed Sonic fans (people who want like 50 Sonic characters in Smash and defend anything Sonic even if its like Sonic 06 or Boom), and then finally the *shiver* Sonic Fanfiction writers.
Yeah, I fit under Normal. The other two types go too far.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
You mean my thread where your response was
You might want to turn your volume down.

And nothing else

I mean I'm just saying if that's not rude then I don't know what is

I would also consider myself a normal fan although I've fluctuated between normal and obsessed, I mean I used to like 06, Secret Rings and I even defended Boom after it's release

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
(Busted)

Getting back on topic, I'm thinking Krystal might appear in her Assault attire, that or maybe how she will appear in the new StarFox game.
I still say it'll be a Command and Assault hybrid along with the staff from Adventures. Combines all of her appearances and matches Fox, Falco and Wolf

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If I support anyone from Sonic as a newcomer, I'd rather have Shadow, besides all of Shadow's theme songs are awesome, Throw It All Away, Who I Am, I am...all of me, and All Hail Shadow (both versions are good), I'd rather have, "Bow your heads low, all hail Shadow", than "Unlike Sonic I don't chuckle"
(Busted)

Getting back on topic, I'm thinking Krystal might appear in her Assault attire, that or maybe how she will appear in the new StarFox game.
Honestly, she could have multiple ttires, with DarkKnightNoviern's idea being the main, her Assault, Adventures (with a blaster holster worn Ada Wong-style, or on a belt),Command attires as alternates, and maybe even her Kursed attire (with a deeper voice and different taunts)

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If I support anyone from Sonic as a newcomer, I'd rather have Shadow, besides all of Shadow's theme songs are awesome, Throw It All Away, Who I Am, I am...all of me, and All Hail Shadow (both versions are good), I'd rather have, "Bow your heads low, all hail Shadow", than "Unlike Sonic I don't chuckle"

Honestly, she could have multiple ttires, with DarkKnightNoviern's idea being the main, her Assault, Adventures (with a blaster holster worn Ada Wong-style, or on a belt),Command attires as alternates, and maybe even her Kursed attire (with a deeper voice and different taunts)
I feel Shadow would be too similar to Sonic, Knuckles would be more diverse, has been with the series much longer and has had more appearances in games

Top Bottom