• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It's weird seeing two people with the same character (Krystal) avatars banter back and forth.
It would be one thing if it was just the same character, but it's the exact same model of the same character. It's also more portrait like so it's a bit more "associative" unlike a full body avatar would be. Although, I'm just going to say that I think this expression is superior, heh~

Then again since Adventures was an adventure type game that uses the Zelda formula, it actually makes sense to fully explore Fox's character. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Malpass play Fox in the codecs in Melee and in the 3DS version of Smash 4? I think he did. As for the pic I saw in the Amiibo site where it shows Fox there, I haven't seen any art where it shows that rendition of Fox except there and in Mario Kart 8. I believe that may be the official design for him in the upcoming Starfox Wii U game since that design is the one we're all familiar with and it'll pretty much be the same with the other characters.

Yes. Interestingly enough, all the smash taunt activated Corneria dialogue is done by the Adventure's voice actors. It's funny because they're the N64 models on the N64 styled Great Fox.

If there was any doubt about Orbital Gate Assault being a result of convenience... just look at this older example setting precedent. Adventures VAs doing 64 voices had absolutely no bearing on Assault's development... except maybe you could claim that Assault being like "Adventures + 64" is related, but that's reaching quite a bit.

No, they were all ripped from somewhere else

Samus = Prime
Kirby = Return to Dreamland
Link = Skyward Sword
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, DK = Random old Promo art

Fox and I think falcon are the only new ones
Where did that Falcon come from?

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It would be one thing if it was just the same character, but it's the exact same model of the same character. It's also more portrait like so it's a bit more "associative" unlike a full body avatar would be. Although, I'm just going to say that I think this expression is superior, heh~

Yes. Interestingly enough, all the smash taunt activated Corneria dialogue is done by the Adventure's voice actors. It's funny because they're the N64 models on the N64 styled Great Fox.

If there was any doubt about Orbital Gate Assault being a result of convenience... just look at this older example setting precedent. Adventures VAs going 64 voices had absolutely no bearing on Assaults development... except maybe you could claim that Assault being like Adventures + Assault is related, but that's reaching quite a bit.

Where did that Falcon come from?
I think that's new as well

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
This is getting weirder, I was looking around and found this

Fox using his assault art with no other changes
Interesting...

I think that's new as well
Very interesting...

Edit:

Oh, you'd said that Falcon is new in the post I quoted originally. I only just noticed. Must've missed it since you lower cased his name.

Also, it's funny how in the banner image there's no Falcon or Kirby but there's a Tom Nook. Clearly the two images are representing different characters, but Nook is representing an entirely different series for which he has no amiibo as far as we know.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I suppose it's entirely possible they just made new renders for Fox and Captain Falcon for the MK8 amiibo screen, and based said renders off their Smash appearances since they just happened to be the newest.

Maybe we're barking up the wrong tree. So to speak.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I suppose it's entirely possible they just made new renders for Fox and Captain Falcon for the MK8 amiibo screen, and based said renders off their Smash appearances since they just happened to be the newest.

49 days until we know.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Why not make new renders for Samus or Link then, Plus Fox already has the 643D art and assault art to use, there was no reason to make a new one

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Why not make new renders for Samus or Link then, Plus Fox already has the 643D art and assault art to use, there was no reason to make a new one
I suppose because the Assault art was over 10 years old at that point. They wanted something that looked modernized.

Link gets a pass because Skyward Sword is only a few years old, but you have a point about Samus. Hm...

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Maybe it'd b for the new F zero and Star Fox we'll see at E3? :D xD Honestly it'd be weird if they made a new F Zero with how there's two f zero tracks in Mario Kart 8 o.o'

MrBond

Smash Cadet
I seriously had a dream last night that they premiered some sort of character unveiling video at this movie theater that my college uses for classes during the day. I got all excited because it showed Krystal being unveiled and it was all cool and stuff. Seemed so real, but then she looked a bit weird in the game - so I wondered why.

This was so realistic that towards the end of my dream, I was actually about to go on SmashBoards to this thread to see everyone's reactions. But then I woke up, crushed.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I'm pretty much expecting Captain Falcon to be Mario Kart 8 DLC in the near future at this point.
Anything is possible. But if they continue with the DLC for Mario Kart 8, then Fox is the most likely guest candidate to join the roster. It'd be the perfect time for him and serve as promotion for SF Wii U.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Anything is possible. But if they continue with the DLC for Mario Kart 8, then Fox is the most likely guest candidate to join the roster. It'd be the perfect time for him and serve as promotion for SF Wii U.

My comment is mostly just a reference to the fact that F-Zero doesn't appear to have anything happening for it in the near future and Mario Kart is kind of absorbing F-Zero into itself. Besides, when F-Zero has two tracks in the game, you'd almost expect they'd just include Falcon too eventually. All other guest tracks have a character to go along... besides Excite Bike.

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
Star Fox may be a small franchise, but it's sure full of interesting characters.

I didn't vote for Krystal in the ballot, but I do hope she gets added to the roster. It'd be awesome to hear the Star Fox victory theme with Krystal.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I suppose because the Assault art was over 10 years old at that point. They wanted something that looked modernized.

Link gets a pass because Skyward Sword is only a few years old, but you have a point about Samus. Hm...
But they already used the assault art in an older version of that amiibo ad

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
What if the new SF:Wii U diverges after SF64, but Krystal still exists and Cerinia was never destroyed
What if Star Fox Wii U is actually James McCloud's story and the only character in the game we'd recognize is Peppy. Would be all about the banishment of Andross and the first conflict. Fox makes a cameo as a kid at the end or something and Wolf is a young upstart rogue pilot that maybe makes a cameo too.

There sure are a lot of "what if"s that might be interesting that don't necessarily need Krystal. I'm hoping, for her Smash chances and for the development of her own character, she gets a significant and proper showing/part in the new Star Fox.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
[
Here to show my support for Krystal in Smash.

What taunts would everyone like Krystal to have? I'd love it if she played the CloudRunner Flute from Adventures. Would be hilarious :laugh:
My taunt ideas

Up: Twirls her staff above her then stabs it into ground in a warrior pose with a "Hmph!"
Sides: Does a prayer with a blue glow similar to Zelda's
Down: Does her Assault victory pose holding her staff while waving a finger teasing "Your not ready yet !"

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Here to show my support for Krystal in Smash.

What taunts would everyone like Krystal to have? I'd love it if she played the CloudRunner Flute from Adventures. Would be hilarious :laugh:
Heh, that's a new one. I think I like it.

My ideas mostly took from Assault's multiplayer. She could have a taunt where she looks at the "camera" and says, "Here I go" with a hand gesture signaling she's about to "move forward". She could also have her victory scene from Assault's multiplayer where she leans forward and puts her hand on her knee while waving her finger and says, "You're not ready yet". Last, I assumed she could just have her laugh and do something like that. Or have at least one "sympathetic" taunt. I've had more concrete ideas in the past but their not immediately leaping to mind.

That flute idea may be a reference most people don't get and it is kind of a vague reference that doesn't necessarily have to do with her, but I find the idea amusing and wouldn't mind. For some reason I see her playing a lengthier higher pitched tune and dancing around, but that's just my wild imagination putting thoughts in my head.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
[

My taunt ideas

Up: Twirls her staff above her then stabs it into ground in a warrior pose with a "Hmph!"
Sides: Does a prayer with a blue glow similar to Zelda's
Down: Does her Assault victory pose holding her staff while waving a finger teasing "Your not ready yet !"
Yeah. Those taunts do suit her personality really well. The flute idea isn't a bad one. But in reality, not only is it vague, but at th same time, Fox was the only one who used it in Adventures. By the way, Smilesocks, cool avatar you got there for your profile. I've seen that pic before. The artist who did that pic is a friend of mine from Deviantart. ^^

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Yeah. Those taunts do suit her personality really well. The flute idea isn't a bad one. But in reality, not only is it vague, but at th same time, Fox was the only one who used it in Adventures. By the way, Smilesocks, cool avatar you got there for your profile. I've seen that pic before. The artist who did that pic is a friend of mine from Deviantart. ^^

Fox was also the only one to use the staff in combat

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Fox was also the only one to use the staff in combat
The difference being that the staff is identified as Krystal's before Fox ever uses it, and we see her use it. When Fox first gets the staff he receives a message from her through it mentioning that the staff will reveal its powers to him in time, implying she's fully aware of what it's capable of.

I don't think there's an indication that Krystal has ever used the Cloudrunner Flute.

Last edited:

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
The difference being that the staff is identified as Krystal's before Fox ever uses it, and we see her use it. When Fox first gets the staff he receives a message from her through it mentioning that the staff will reveal its powers to him in time, implying she's fully aware of what it's capable of.

I don't think there's an indication that Krystal has ever used the Cloudrunner Flute.
I agree if she got the flute as a taunt it would feel out of place but if Fox if had an Adventures styled moveset it would make sense for him to have it

Smilesocks

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I can see why one would find the flute to be out of place. Just thought it'd be a fun little shout-out to Adventures, hehe.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
What I meant is that the events of Adventures don't happen,but Krystal still exists and so does Cerinia, this timeline diverges after the events of FBF
It's a possibility that could happen and somewhat create a what if scenario. But we'll find out at E3 for sure.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Since I shared taunts here my idea for her introduction, final smash and victory scenes

Entrance : Jumps off a CloudRunner, lands with her staff in hand

Final Smash: Cloud Assault: She calls for the CloudRunner then starts to blast the stage ala Zero Suit Samus's final smash but more similar to Snake's each blast does 7 blast shots 12-20% with one final giant blast does does 30% and K.O's at 95-120%

Victory 1: Slashes at screen for a few moments then points it towards the viewer with a fiery glow on the tip
Victory 2 : Stabs the staff into the ground and leans on it with a playful smirk
Victory 2 Fox/Wolf (if he returns): Does the same but states: " You still have much to learn Fox." "Don't underestimate me Wolf !"
Victory 3: Does the earthquake move and enters a warrior pose stating " I will not fail Sauria !"
Victory 3 Falco : Does the same but states "Maybe you should stick to the skies Falco !"

Last edited:

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
Omg! Same here assault battle were hilarious with my best friends xD my one friend that would spam "I'll take of everything" everytime i was losing and me saying "try me" with krystal everytime i defeated him xD so glad someone likes assault just as much as I do xD

Edit : EVERYONE! that Fox render is from his Mario Kart 8 ammibo pic ;) I agree it's most likely to be used in the new StarFox. ^.^

Amen 2 Dat Brudda !! i still have my Star Fox Assault Game lol. Well Lets HOPE & Pray shes a new Char along with Wolf cuz The New Star Fox is gonna show @ E3 & its bound to show the full team & were also bound to get MORE Smash News prob some major exciting like 3 or 4 New Char Reveals.... Ryu, Roy, Krystal? Wolf?? o.O i can only dream & time will tell.....

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
I noticed a few posts outlining Krystal's poses for the game. I know this is a small post, but I guess I wanted to add my little two cents for poses/quotes, but in case she loses a match to the other Star Fox members. I sorta suspect if she gets in she'd get a standard 'applaud the victor' losing animation like most of the cast (maybe with her staff equipped on her back).

Fox: (his pose where he places his gun at his hip) either "Sorry, Krystal... You're not mad at me... right?" or "I sure hope Tricky doesn't see this..."
Falco: (doing his rapid kick pose) "Told you not to blame me if you got hurt, Krystal."
Wolf (if he's DLC): (does his winpose from Brawl that has him turn his back to the screen briefly before facing the camera swiftly) "You? Protect Fox? Don't make me laugh, girl..."

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Those are nice ! I had almost forgotten about these different victory screens. It would be really neat.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I noticed a few posts outlining Krystal's poses for the game. I know this is a small post, but I guess I wanted to add my little two cents for poses/quotes, but in case she loses a match to the other Star Fox members. I sorta suspect if she gets in she'd get a standard 'applaud the victor' losing animation like most of the cast (maybe with her staff equipped on her back).

Fox: (his pose where he places his gun at his hip) either "Sorry, Krystal... You're not mad at me... right?" or "I sure hope Tricky doesn't see this..."
Falco: (doing his rapid kick pose) "Told you not to blame me if you got hurt, Krystal."
Wolf (if he's DLC): (does his winpose from Brawl that has him turn his back to the screen briefly before facing the camera swiftly) "You? Protect Fox? Don't make me laugh, girl..."
And what if she wins?

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
And what if she wins?
I didn't add that at first because I sorta liked the ones ShyGuy posted a little while before my post (and I also had to leave my comp for a while), but if I could add a few in myself....

Winpose 1: Twirls her staff around her body in a showboat-y fashion, ending it with a flashy action pose with staff behind her back (where the camera focuses on. No quote but Krystal adds a firm shout when she ends the pose.)
Winpose 2: Gets a playful (and slightly wild) victory ride from Tricky, whom yells something along the lines of "Wow! You did it! You won, Krystal!" while she giggles/laughs.
Winpose 3: Similar to ShyGuy's post and fused with her winpose in multiplayer Assault; she stabs the staff vertically into the ground, leans against it playfully and winks at the camera, waving her finger in a slight taunting way.
3's standard quote: *sing-songly* "You're not ready yet..." (her quote from Assault) or "I suppose playtime's over then..."
3's quote vs Fox: "Did you get a bit distracted, Fox...?" or "No need to be going so easy on me, Fox..."
3's quote vs Falco: "I sure hope that's not your best, Falco..."
3's quote vs Wolf: "Now... what makes you think you can beat Fox again...?"

Last edited:

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Glad you two liked my ideas for if Krystal got in Smash I picture her as both as a playful and literal badass but DeNice your ides literally destroyed my victory screen ideas as their more in character

And I got one more thing to share ideas for her aliases in the Punch Out stage

- The Telepath of StarFox
- Master of the Staff
- Protector of Sauria

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Glad you two liked my ideas for if Krystal got in Smash I picture her as both as a playful and literal badass but DeNice your ides literally destroyed my victory screen ideas as their more in character

- Master of the Staff
- Protector of Sauria
Hold on. Let's not forget in Palutena's temple to what Palutena has to say to Krystal about it. I wonder what the comments that Pit and Palutena will have on both Krystal and Wolf. Hopefully it'll be something really good.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Hold on. Let's not forget in Palutena's temple to what Palutena has to say to Krystal about it. I wonder what the comments that Pit and Palutena will have on both Krystal and Wolf. Hopefully it'll be something really good.

It looks like they're using a generic "who the hell is this" conversation for all the DLC characters.

I wouldn't mind if that got changed down the line, though. I could see Palutena and Viridi cracking a joke or two and then Krystal telepathically butting in on the conversation.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It looks like they're using a generic "who the hell is this" conversation for all the DLC characters.

I wouldn't mind if that got changed down the line, though. I could see Palutena and Viridi cracking a joke or two and then Krystal telepathically butting in on the conversation.
At the very least, we could get a Star Fox codec interruption like Falco had in Brawl. If you don't remember, Snake tries to ask the colonel about Falco and Slippy responds instead, heh. Guess they decided this time Fire Emblem and Chrom would cameo, but I wouldn't mind many more cameos in the Guidances in general.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

- Master of the Staff
- Protector of Sauria
I'm going with "Survivor of Cerinia"

And with the Palutena's guidance, I imagine it'll just be based on the staff, I doubt it'd be too interesting. Maybe palutena could compare it to her scepter saying hers is better or something

Top Bottom