• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Well, no mention of Star Fox Wii U. This is good news to me. If I'd seen something today, I'd have been worried they were rushing the game a bit. I'm confident that the delay of Zelda means that Star Fox Wii U will get more dev time and be a better game as a result. I fully expect it to come out later than it is projected. Also means that not seeing Wolf today isn't as surprising. He'll be shown when Star Fox is shown. I'm pretty much betting on it. I mean, if Lucas can make it in, Wolf is certainly at least planned. I wouldn't be surprised if he was being worked on already in fact. There's still a chance he's not though, but because I'm so confident about him, I'm still voting Krystal on the poll. I'll be sure to mention that I expect Wolf in my comments though.

And then NonSpecificGuy mirrored my sentiment in the Wolf thread....
I'm going to ask everyone here to vote for someone other than Wolf. He's guaranteed, don't waste your vote.
Krystal is fair game for sure.

Again, can't be 100% on Wolf but after seeing Lucas... yeah.

@ Tobias Amaranth Tobias Amaranth

I'm not going to emphasize Adventures. I'll mention the staff as being a outlet for a creative and unique moveset, being sure to mention how it goes best with a physical moveset that utilizes it's "magical" properties.. just to differentiate it from what Palutena does. Really though, I believe one of the best reasons to include Krystal is because of the upcoming Star Fox Wii U game. We don't know yet what new abilities and weapons will be introduced in that game, assuming it develops an on-foot portion. I think the best reference for Krystal may be that game, just so she's relevant to a current game. Her staff is iconic though and although Assault kind of swept it under the rug, it's clear the weapon is special to her character and would be the most obvious way to make her unique. I think it ought to be a part of her moveset while still allowing her character to reference the most current in development game. Would be awesome if the staff made a return in Star Fox Wii U.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
So, we're back in this ? I'm having an internal debate, not knowing whether to support Krystal or Toad (my fav). I feel like Toad won't have a chance though so I'll probably end up voting for Krystal. Wolf is guaranteed in my opinion.

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
Oh man, while I was watching the Direct- as soon as I saw the Smash Ballot thing I literally freaked out and started yelling Krystal's name. XD
This is our chance guys! We have to band together and show Nintendo as much support for her as we can, and show them that there's still a large group of people who still care about her and still want her in the game!
If you haven't yet voted, get on it! We as Krystal fans have finally been handed a bone here, and maybe with enough support, our dreams of having her as a playable fighter can finally be realized!

Here's the voting page if you don't have the link/haven't submitted already:
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
I'll be crossing my fingers the whole time... >_< Looks like the ballots will be up for a decent amount of time (October 3rd 2015 looks like the end date) so hopefully we can get enough votes in for her by then!
Just like that hopes have been restored... Krystal for Smash 4! :chuckle:

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
Don't press for referencing the game that introduced Krystal in the first place? Focus only on modern stuff? Uhhhh. Yeahno, that's ridiculous. We don't need more near-clone spacies, ESPECIALLY if Wolf does make it back in. No one will be voting for Krystal (in a full-cast poll) if Wolf also makes it back in by that point.

Look, Smash is about paying tribute to origins of characters and games. This is where Krystal SHOULD be shown with her Starfox Adventures equipment and clothing. It will set her apart from the rest and give true credit to her origins, because we already realize they're never going to be touched on again in the main series. No Cerenia, no magic staff, no dark past, nothing. The least we could do is get her in Smash doing what she was trained to do; which, btw, is not flying an Arwing.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
As far as newcomers go...if character DLC is extensive enough, and veterans don't get top priority, Krystal has a legitimate chance. It's like we've gone over in the last couple days, she's actually very popular despite the vocal minority that is her hatebase, and if she were to get enough attention to be noticed by the developers, the fact that she would naturally tend toward a unique playstyle with a heavily inspired moveset would keep her from getting disregarded.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Voted for Krystal, before i head out to the airport, I AM SO GLAD this is possible, because if not we'd just get the brawl vets ba-- ZZZZZ..... I need unique characters, krystal is one of them. If people just vote for vets, they will just blow the chance for King K. Rool type uniqueness right now. And i know wolf is going to be the same given m2 and lucas so, i like wolf but right now its Krystal>wolf.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Just placed a vote on her, I'm hoping to place a few more when I'm at my parents'. Maybe some RL propaganda could help too. :p

Enrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kyurian86
Already putting my vote into the system for sure. I feel like Wolf is already a shoe in if they're bringing Lucas back. Honestly with the poll thing, assuming we will be heard from this and not just having our hearts strung along here in some sort of "Eh we'll do this so people will stop complaining" sort of fashion.

I'm expecting a full battle between Ridley and Krystal going down in the last stages of everything. >.< Ridley though seems more vocal than the Krystal community here. Could be wrong and hopefully am. I'd much rather have Krystal in than Ridley but both wouldn't be bad.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Don't press for referencing the game that introduced Krystal in the first place? Focus only on modern stuff? Uhhhh. Yeahno, that's ridiculous. We don't need more near-clone spacies, ESPECIALLY if Wolf does make it back in. No one will be voting for Krystal (in a full-cast poll) if Wolf also makes it back in by that point.

Look, Smash is about paying tribute to origins of characters and games. This is where Krystal SHOULD be shown with her Starfox Adventures equipment and clothing. It will set her apart from the rest and give true credit to her origins, because we already realize they're never going to be touched on again in the main series. No Cerenia, no magic staff, no dark past, nothing. The least we could do is get her in Smash doing what she was trained to do; which, btw, is not flying an Arwing.
I only mentioned the new game because it's important to the dev team that the characters are relevant. Adventures is pretty old now, and as much as I agree that she should have her staff moveset, I don't think it's the best argument. When I wrote my comment for her just now, I said that the staff is her best opportunity at a unique moveset, but I also said that she makes sense as a fighter in part because of the new Star Fox Wii U game coming out. From a business perspective, Krystal should be an advertisement for the newest Star Fox game too. Now, maybe we'll get the best of both worlds and the new Star Fox game will give her her staff back... then she could have it and it would be relevant and current. Didn't say I wanted a clone spacie, heh... just made an argument for her relevancy.

Also, I believe Wolf is probably already planned. His support is huge. He was up there with Lucas in just about all the polls I'd seen. I didn't vote for him for the reason. I expect him, but I also believe we can get Krystal too. I voted Krystal obviously.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Already putting my vote into the system for sure. I feel like Wolf is already a shoe in if they're bringing Lucas back. Honestly with the poll thing, assuming we will be heard from this and not just having our hearts strung along here in some sort of "Eh we'll do this so people will stop complaining" sort of fashion.

I'm expecting a full battle between Ridley and Krystal going down in the last stages of everything. >.< Ridley though seems more vocal than the Krystal community here. Could be wrong and hopefully am. I'd much rather have Krystal in than Ridley but both wouldn't be bad.
I'm hoping several characters will be picked otherwise I expect K. Rool to cream everyone else. Not that I wouldn't like his inclusion.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, I was quoted in this thread for some reason...

Lots of people I've never met are in this thread so, hi, I'm NonSpecificGuy and I like things. :colorful:

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
"Advertising" - What about history? They've remade Starfox 64 'recently' for the 3DS. That doesn't have Krystal. So that means any Starfox game that uses Krystal will have some people confused who she even is. ;)

Really, though, advertising is a terrible way to drive logic for a game like this. We are the fans, this is our damn poll. We need to tell them what we'd like to see most, not give them hundreds of options.

Anyone remember this?
http://smashboards.com/threads/characters-on-sakurais-poll.71872/

Ridley - Deconfirmed as not likely to ever happen
Geno - Copyright issues
Windwaker Link - Added in Smash4
Takamaru - Was considered for Smash4
Krystal - The only one left with more than '2' votes. :p

We almost made it, back then. Let's put forth the same crowd-power and let's make sure we tell them we want Staff combat, Magic abilities, and Tribal outfit! :D

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Well um project m 3.6 and Smash 4 news holy **** *radiance activated* Now im gonna go to that ballot and we gonna finnaly have a chance and trust me i went like "Oh my god!" When i saw Lucas. Anyways lets do this!

Enrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kyurian86
I'm hoping several characters will be picked otherwise I expect K. Rool to cream everyone else. Not that I wouldn't like his inclusion.
K Rool seems kinda weird overall, but yeah I'm hoping this really expands the roster quite a bit.

If only one character gets to be fan picked and the rest is all Sakurai's doing I'd want it to be Krystal.
"Advertising" - What about history? They've remade Starfox 64 'recently' for the 3DS. That doesn't have Krystal. So that means any Starfox game that uses Krystal will have some people confused who she even is. ;)

Really, though, advertising is a terrible way to drive logic for a game like this. We are the fans, this is our damn poll. We need to tell them what we'd like to see most, not give them hundreds of options.

Anyone remember this?

Geno - Copyright issues

We almost made it, back then. Let's put forth the same crowd-power and let's make sure we tell them we want Staff combat, Magic abilities, and Tribal outfit! :D
WW Link was in Brawl :p

Though this does give some hope that maybe we'll actually be heard during this whole event? This is rather unprecedented if you think about it. When has Nintendo done something like this and have really gone out of their way to hear what we want for Smash or any game they've done for that matter?

It's hard not to be extremely excited for this. >.<

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

Anyone remember this?

Geno - Copyright issues

How about a compromise, Krystal's tribal outfit is an alternate

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I hate being right all the time, but I just knew that the direct would not cover StarFox Wii U. At least it covered SMT/Fire Emblem though.

I also went ahead and voted for Krystal.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Guys.

Guys...

I've been gone all day long to a medical-related trip to San Francisco... and I come back... and see THIS. ALL THIS INFO. THIS GLORIOUS INFO.

I'm shaking. So hard.

I shall vote, and I shall vote well.

(btw, love the Shaq April Fools xD)

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Today's direct was certainly interesting ( if I do say so myself) especially the SSB4 news. I voted btw for Krystal obviously. Here's to hoping that Krystal will finally make her debut in Smash Bros via DLC.

Oh yeah and Lolz XD to the Shaq April Fools prank.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
This is what I wrote in the message of my vote:

"I support her because I want Star Fox, as well as what has happened in the past with the franchise's development, to be vindicated for its potential. The way many people bash the Star Fox characters on the Smash roster, based on their semi-clone/quasi-clone specials (and not to mention Final Smashes), is disheartening. I'd like to see Sakurai prove his name-sake again (as one who looks mostly to origins when creating characters in Smash) and implement a Star Fox character that could surprise people (in the sense of that character not having to rely on Fox-variant specials). Use her staff, and you can't go wrong. ;)"

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I voted for Krystal as well but, I have to ask. Did you guys get a page confirming your vote that said something like "Thanks for voting"? Because that's what I was expecting instead I got some blank page that said something else. I can't remember what it said.

King K. Rystal

Smash Rookie
I think whether Krystal gets in or not depends on how many DLC characters they're making. Like if there's 10 DLC characters, you can practically call her confirmed already. But if there's only one more after Lucas, we don't stand much of a chance next to other competitors like K.Rool or Isaac or Roy or Shovel Knight. I was super sad about Krystal not making it into the base game and I don't want to live through that again so I'm gonna be a bit more cautious about my hype for now. That being said, I have voted for Krystal. Multiple times.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I voted for Krystal as well but, I have to ask. Did you guys get a page confirming your vote that said something like "Thanks for voting"? Because that's what I was expecting instead I got some blank page that said something else. I can't remember what it said.
I got something like that too, saying "successfully submitted vote" I think.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm really hoping for Krystal too!!!

Umm, btw, why is there a basketball guy or something everywhere? Ahhh he's on me too?!!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I wouldn't take much stock in the poll at this point, considering people are being equally/even more vocal just about everywhere else.

The least I think it could do is lay the groundwork for the next Smash game, reminding people Krystal does retain lots of supporters.

Anyway, I'm more surprised at the lack of showing from Star Fox Wii U. I reckon they're saving the big guns for E3.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Here's one thing I really wonder; at this point, how many out there know & support Wolf more than Krystal.

Come on Japan, show some foxy love. <3

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

Anyone remember this?

Geno - Copyright issues

Well, I felt it was important to sell Krystal's inclusion rather than simply request her. So that's what I did. I get what you're saying and that works too of course, but for myself I wanted to sell the idea, like I said.

I imagine there's not many people that would be confused about who she is or have only played Star Fox 64 on 3DS. Most Star Fox fans are familiar with her. Fox and Falco taking on their Star Fox 64 voices in Smash was as much about convenience as anything and their appearance is an amalgamation of their appearances throughout the series mostly taking from 64, Assault, and Command. Krystal will certainly get her voice actress from whoever is available which is usually whoever they've hired most recently. Could be her voice actress from the new game. All this assuming she'd be included and they'd need a voice actress. And her appearance will likely take from Assault, Command, and the new game... with hopefully an Adventures alt. I understand that this may not seem ideal and I'd mostly agree, but it's what I'm expecting. Heck, just getting Krystal at all would be awesome and at the end of the day, I'd take expecting Krystal a certain way to not expecting her at all, heh.

In my vote I specifically mentioned that her greatest opportunity at being unique is with her staff and all the powers it comes with. I didn't specifically mention the outfit though. It's not paramount that she appears in that outfit to me, but I would like it as an alt at least.

At the end of the day though, we want the same thing really. We'd both be happy if Krystal was included.

Sorry for the late response btw. Had to run some errands this evening.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
If Krystal is included I think I would be happy with anything that Masahiro Sakurai does, so long as she is not a clone. Her staff seems like the obvious choice, but then again, Bowser Jr. having his paint brush seemed like the obvious choice. Please specify how you think she should play when and if you vote for her. Just in case.

For me, I think I'd definitely be most interested in seeing her use her staff. And I'd love her to have alternate costumes such as the one from StarFox Adventures and also from StarFox Assault. That is how I would love to see her, and using her staff is how I would love to play as her.

BTW...how many of you actually voted for her? I hope that this ballot will pick the top two most voted characters (because they can obviously make two at a time, Lucas is proof of that) or maybe even the top three. That way, Krystal has much more of a chance of coming in, especially with the new StarFox coming. Wolf is cool and all, but we've already seen him. Do people really not want anything new anymore? We just got two veteran fighters confirmed, both from previous iterations.

I did just have a thought though...what if there will be other DLC characters coming, neglecting the ballot? Lucas came disregarding the ballot, it was simply listening to the fans I suppose. What if the plan is to release more veteran fighters already, so that way these votes for someone like Wolf will not count because he is already going to be added regardless. Or perhaps, that's just wishful thinking. Thank goodness we know we are at least getting one more character that most people want.

Last edited:
Top Bottom