• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
There's been no evidence or information whatsoever stating any character is/isn't going to be Star Fox Wii U, save for Wolf.

How "hated" she is by the fanbase is also completely subjective.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Ah hello again. So ive been worried about star fox wii u because the sad delay of LOZ for wii u. Now star fox wii u has been in development longer however this still doesn't excuse the fact. Now generally ive been dealing with alot of crisis lately (Blame the Tokyo Ghoul and Attack on Titan fandom) however when E3 comes around ill be back.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's been no evidence or information whatsoever stating any character is/isn't going to be Star Fox Wii U, save for Wolf.

What evidence/information is there for Wolf?

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I don't see why she should be in Smash 4. She's mostly hated in her own community, and from what I hear, she isn't going to be in Star Fox Wii U, and if that's the case then she would literally have no reason to be in Smash 4. Of course I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me.
In "her" community she is very much liked, obviously. The Star Fox community is a bit split on it though. I think many more people like her and the games since 64 in general than you might think. It's just that the hate club has been outspoken in some circles and those with little info themselves will bandwagon to the outspoken opinion. At least that's been my observation.

Yeah, there's people that don't like her or anything post 64, but we here wouldn't be in this thread if we were among them, heh.

Welcome to the board btw.

Ah hello again. So ive been worried about star fox wii u because the sad delay of LOZ for wii u. Now star fox wii u has been in development longer however this still doesn't excuse the fact. Now generally ive been dealing with alot of crisis lately (Blame the Tokyo Ghoul and Attack on Titan fandom) however when E3 comes around ill be back.
I read about this a few days ago and I think it actually bodes well for us Star Fox fans.

Now, I know most people just want to play games from their favorite franchises as soon as they can, but I would be fine still waiting for Smash even now if it meant more content. Heck, maybe we'd already have Wolf in the game if Sakurai just gave the team 8 more months of dev time... or maybe even Krystal too! As far as I'm concerned, Zelda being pushed back means we'll get an even better game. And I hope that this revelation and the promise that Star Fox will come first means that Star Fox can have a bit more love thrown into it without feeling pressured to release earlier than necessary. Could be the difference between a robust multiplayer and not, or depth in alternate campaigns for other members of the team. I wouldn't have an issue if I didn't get my hands on Star Fox until the holidays.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Krystal's hatebase isn't that huge. It's just loud.

And the main reason it is the size it is is because people would rather bandwagon than be called a furry.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

And the main reason it is the size it is is because people would rather bandwagon than be called a furry.
Precisely.

This too of course.

Nice new avatar IsmaЯ... how appropriate to this thread.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

As far as Smash is concerned, it's also a case of "___ being less deserving than ____" both with Wolf (having already been in Smash) and other potential SF newcomers. Not unlike the old schisms in Brawl days, or like Dixie vs K. Rool for the DK fanbase.

Essentially people get the "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE" mindset, then fallaciously start pinning their blame on completely unrelated elements, such as (back before the DLC confirmation) the "Mewtwo fanbase hates Lucario/Greninja for replacing/taking his spot."

It's all foolish in the end, but people will be people.

Nice new avatar IsmaЯ... how appropriate to this thread.
Appreciate it.

I might not be as vocal/active here as I was in pre-Brawl days, but Krystal still remains one of my favorite/most wanted characters.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
In "her" community she is very much liked, obviously. The Star Fox community is a bit split on it though. I think many more people like her and the games since 64 in general than you might think. It's just that the hate club has been outspoken in some circles and those with little info themselves will bandwagon to the outspoken opinion. At least that's been my observation.

Yeah, there's people that don't like her or anything post 64, but we here wouldn't be in this thread if we were among them, heh.

Welcome to the board btw.

I read about this a few days ago and I think it actually bodes well for us Star Fox fans.

Now, I know most people just want to play games from their favorite franchises as soon as they can, but I would be fine still waiting for Smash even now if it meant more content. Heck, maybe we'd already have Wolf in the game if Sakurai just gave the team 8 more months of dev time... or maybe even Krystal too! As far as I'm concerned, Zelda being pushed back means we'll get an even better game. And I hope that this revelation and the promise that Star Fox will come first means that Star Fox can have a bit more love thrown into it without feeling pressured to release earlier than necessary. Could be the difference between a robust multiplayer and not, or depth in alternate campaigns for other members of the team. I wouldn't have an issue if I didn't get my hands on Star Fox until the holidays.
I agree. It's just that those who tend to hate Krystal are pretty much in the minority. It's good that even as of now, she is still a favorite among the Starfox fanbase in majority including most of us here who write blogs in this forum along with the people from Japan who is liking this character and want to see her not just to be a playable character for DLC for Smash 4(who has been requested since Brawl), but also because of the impending release of Starfox Wii U with a very likely chance of her coming back in it(since she's already established herself in the series in which Nintendo officially owns her and is the only female SF character who has had more screen time in the series than any other female SF character). Besides, she isn't the only female Nintendo character who gets that treatment. Even some of the popular female Nintendo characters like Krystal there are people out there who hate them like hating on Daisy, Peach, Dixie Kong, Zelda, Samus, Rosalina and even Palutena to name a couple and the list goes on.

As for Zelda Wii U being delayed, I'm not surprised at all. I had a feeling that this was going to happen after all and they have done this in their previous entries in the series like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. This one is no different at all. This gives Aonouma more time to work on it so that it'll turn out to be the best. Don't get me wrong. Like being a fan of the Starfox series and Mario series, I also love the Zelda series.

For Starfox Wii U, this puts us in a better position now since it won't be pressured and give Miyamoto more time to polish up the game to hopefully have the game ready by the end of this year for the holiday season. I'll bet that game is going to be one of the major titles they are going to showcase at this year's E3 along with some other titles like Xenoblade Chronicles X and probably also Yoshi's Wooly World. After all, we know that Starfox Wii U is still slated for this year's release and by E3, we should be able to have some new footage on the game, a trailer and have them elaborate more on the Amiibo compatibility it's going to have(since Miyamoto confirmed it because I want to see a Starfox Amiibo lineup(which is very likely) including a Krystal Amiibo). It's hard to believe that we're getting close and I'm excited for it.

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
^So much this.

If one mentions that Fox is their favorite character in the series, you won't likely see the f word come up. But for Krystal, it's a different story. I guess Fox is immune to that type of stuff... I'm pretty sure he isn't. It's too easy pointing out the flaws in hatebase comments.

"She's not liked in japan." One of the most common, stupid, and false saying you'll ever see. I'm not going
into a list of comments, y'all already know what I mean.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
^So much this.

If one mentions that Fox is their favorite character in the series, you won't likely see the f word come up. But for Krystal, it's a different story. I guess Fox is immune to that type of stuff... I'm pretty sure he isn't. It's too easy pointing out the flaws in hatebase comments.

"She's not liked in japan." One of the most common, stupid, and false saying you'll ever see. I'm not going
Gotta love those double standards

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
In my opinion, using the argument that "a character is liked / hated [by any amount] so they should / shouldn't be in Smash" is fallible.

I always thought that we should be debating the integrity and possibilities of a character, rather than the interpretations of said character by "haters" and "fans". Besides, how can we truly say a character should be in Smash or not if we were to judge them simply on the amount or loudness of hate or love they receive? It makes little sense, and instead serves as a brooding ground for potential prejudice and backlash. Likes beget likewise.

At the same time, I am not demanding that "people should understand the full potential of characters before commenting", or such nonsense. Such a notion isn't even feasible, given that we all have other things to focus on in life.

What I am suggesting, however, is the idea of at least being open enough to talk about certain character possibilities as they appear in conversations instead of just shooting down such thoughts the moment they surface.

If we were to react in a way that is unwilling towards ideas or propositions (for example, possible characters in Smash and what the developers could do with them [i.e. Krystal]), we'd merely continue to encourage the possibility of incurring a "biting" response from those who are interested in said ideas or propositions.

What I'm really trying to say here is that you can potentially have a more interesting and enjoyable/enlightening conversation with someone willing to be open (regardless of their position) rather than someone who is either going to adamantly shove their ideas down your throat and/or someone who is not even going to consider other perspectives. Allowing oneself to be vulnerable to new ideas/perspectives is key, but that isn't to say you're required to make such perspectives a life-long study or something like that. It's all about being considerate "in that moment", as opposed to "having to absorb everything at all times".

Yes, this all includes the prospect of expressing concerns. That's what debate is about. "Flaming" or resorting to "easy negative arguments" (like the one discussed in the first paragraph) doesn't necessarily contribute towards debate in a positive manner, but expressing concerns with what could potentially happen does. There's a difference - which is mostly seen in sentence context and structure, word choice, or approach to the subject matter (this "difference" can be determined by observing the average responses by the other people in the conversation).

And as always, there's that third option of being a non-participant. If something is bothering you, remove yourself from the situation. If that means that you have to take time away from the computer, do it. It's not going to do much good to continue exposing yourself to something that's only going to end up giving you more stress than you need.

In the end, this isn't to say you should shoot yourself in the foot for having a knee-jerk reaction to something. If you have a negative reaction that is influenced by emotion like that, it's completely understandable. We're all human. Heck, some of you guys here know I've had my fair share of reacting strongly to certain things; I'm not going to deny it.

I suppose, then, that it would also be wise to not immediately react back to people who go about flaming or reacting to things so strongly - as there's really no need. As I said above, likes tend to beget likewise.

But I digress...

Adaptive Philosophy 101 with TheRandomCities4 or whatever...

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
^So much this.

Fox gets the treatment some, just not as much. There will always be a group of people that dislike what you like, heh. Some have a reason while other don't so much. To each their own. I think the evidence points to the fact that Krystal has more support than she might appear to have... it's just maybe not as relatively loud as the other side.

I also hear that claim about "not popular in Japan" tossed around a lot. I think that a lot of westerners think that Japan generally has very different opinions. I remember when that little poll was taken about DLC desires in Japan, lots of people were surprised that K. Rool was the most wanted newcomer (Krystal was second) because they thought K. Rool was unpopular in Japan.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Fox gets the treatment some, just not as much. There will always be a group of people that dislike what you like, heh. Some have a reason while other don't so much. To each their own. I think the evidence points to the fact that Krystal has more support than she might appear to have... it's just maybe not as relatively loud as the other side.

I also hear that claim about "not popular in Japan" tossed around a lot. I think that a lot of westerners think that Japan generally has very different opinions. I remember when that little poll was taken about DLC desires in Japan, lots of people were surprised that K. Rool was the most wanted newcomer (Krystal was second) because they thought K. Rool was unpopular in Japan.
Yeah and that's the most interesting thing about her. People tend to underestimate the things of a character of why that particular character gets that much support from a known IP and Krystal is a good example. As for that statement of her not being popular in Japan, I hear that around a lot and it's interesting that we get the opposite of that in which she is liked in Japan like K. Rool there as well. There are some people who don't think outside the box and see the big picture to what's going on.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So there's a direct tomorrow. Tomorrow could be the day we finally see krystal's fate, she could be cut, she could have an awesome redesign, she could be in the game but not shown in the trailer cause they hate us. Anything could happen

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So there's a direct tomorrow. Tomorrow could be the day we finally see krystal's fate, she could be cut, she could have an awesome redesign, she could be in the game but not shown in the trailer cause they hate us. Anything could happen
I highly doubt the direct will talk about StarFox Wii U. They must have a Falco Amiibo in the direct at the very least, but I think StarFox Wii U can wait until E3

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Uh, did anyone else here just get like-bombed?
Relative to other threads I hang out in, I get a disproportionate amount of "likes" in this one. I guess it's a more common practice in the DLC threads and I've gotten into the habit of doing it more too. Almost every post in the Wolf DLC thread got a like it felt like.

Regarding the direct, I think it's safe to say it'll be a joke have info about Mewtwo at least.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So with the Direct almost an hour away, we may finally get to see our first look at the new Star Fox game. Hopefully Krystal ends up in some important role.

...Even if she does, though, I wouldn't see her getting confirmed as Smash DLC until closer to the game's release. If they wanted to add her to the roster, wouldn't it make sense to do so when she's becoming relevant again?

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
GUYS IT'S NOT OVER AFTERALL!!! @O@ WE GOTTA SUPPORT KRYSTAL!! 8D I'm gonna spam Krystal and Dixie Kong art on Miiverse since those are the only two I'm rooting for xD

Edit: Now that I think about it.. I'd love for there to be a trailer of Daisy getting her revenge on Rosalina xD!! King K. Rool would be pretty cool too.. o.o but I'm REALLY only wanting Krystal, Dixie Kong for realz and sorta Daisy xD

Last edited:

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

Here's what I submitted:

Krystal would provide an unused weapon type to the game by making use of the staff she wields in Starfox Adventures. Additionally, the staff provides a link to the magic abilities Fox McCloud utilizes during the game providing a unique gimmick to the moveset in the form of a magic gauge. Krystal could even knock magic gems from her opponents to more quickly recharge her special moves.

Krystal MUST use her Starfox Adventures outfit if she uses her staff.

See suggested moves in link below:

http://pastebin.com/mAK3ezDF

Last edited:
Top Bottom