• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
DLC will be interesting to hear after all. But for this Direct we're getting tomorrow, since I heard that they'll also show some games rolling in for next year, I would love to hear some new info regarding on Starfox Wii U with at least a trailer on it kind of like what they díd last year in December with the Hyrule Warriors trailer when they first showed it. But in DLC predictions for Smash 4, I still have Wolf and Krystal in my mind. Anyway, can't wait for this Direct tomorrow.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
DLC will be interesting to hear after all. But for this Direct we're getting tomorrow, since I heard that they'll also show some games rolling in for next year, I would love to hear some new info regarding on Starfox Wii U with at least a trailer on it kind of like what they díd last year in December with the Hyrule Warriors trailer when they first showed it. But in DLC predictions for Smash 4, I still have Wolf and Krystal in my mind. Anyway, can't wait for this Direct tomorrow.
Yeah, that'd be cool. Not some sort of E3 trailer, but a teaser trailer of SF Wii U would be cool.

But yeah, I'm on the page of people thinking that the direct will probably just focus on games that will be released this winter and spring next year.

Although, I wonder if there will be a segment of the direct focused on Smash Wii U. I mean, what else would they have to reveal or elaborate upon considering they just showed us the 50 fact extravaganza? Obviously we're gonna have Duck Hunt's trailer, but I'm just curious if there's additional info they might have planned to show or anything.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If 2015 is year of the Star Fox, I would imagine we would hear about the game before, and then it be released in 2015

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Ugh, I just read a post in the social thread that said Bayonetta is more likely than Krystal. Everyone knows that's bull****, right?
Yeah. I don't think that is going to happen at all of Bayonetta being a playable DLC character for Smash 4. After all, Bayonetta is a third party character which Platinum Games own. The odds are more in favor for Krystal than Bayonetta any other day.

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
Yeah. I don't think that is going to happen at all of Bayonetta being a playable DLC character for Smash 4. After all, Bayonetta is a third party character which Platinum Games own. The odds are more in favor for Krystal than Bayonetta any other day.
Not only that, but if that Tharja trophy from the ESRB leak got removed from the final game due to it being considered too sexual for an E rating- what chance does Bayonetta have? lmao.

Krystal being in is way more likely than Bayonetta.

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Besides, no offense to Bayonetta, but there are better choices for a 3rd party character then her for now. Maybe if she gets one more game for a nintendo system then I can see it happening. But comparing her to get in against Krystal. Krystal should have first dibs.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Besides, no offense to Bayonetta, but there are better choices for a 3rd party character then her for now. Maybe if she gets one more game for a nintendo system then I can see it happening. But comparing her to get in against Krystal. Krystal should have first dibs.
Right. You can prank me if you want for saying this, but there are only two third party characters I'd be okay with as DLC. Snake, and the spoiler below.

image.jpg
I'd love to see the spoilered character in the game, but let's be real here, Krystal has an unbelievably higher chance.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Mine is either Rouge or him, lol.

But for the direct, I'm honestly not expecting anything other than a Duck Hunt Dog character 'reveal'. I also see these reveals pretty pointless since we already know they are in the game, but I'm just not going to bother to understand how Nintendo's mind works.

D

Deleted member

Hmm...looks like using the Fox amiibo among other ones in Mario Kart 8 will get you racing suits of said character for you Mii....

Fox McCloud for MK8 DLC when?

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I got a little secret to share...

It's nothing huge, but it's the truth. Also, as a disclaimer/heads-up, I'm not complaining or anything.

To be truthful, the two franchises I wanted to see new content from the most, including newcomers, in Smash Brothers were Donkey Kong and Star Fox.

In retrospect, I can't help but laugh. Not in a negative way, however. I have no grudges against the developmental team behind Sm4sh for what they've done. The game is going to be amazing.

I'm just explaining how I'm feeling at the moment. Sort of a vent without anger, if you will.

I look around and see many people celebrate over the surprises of their supported characters getting in. It's that word I used a while back before the threads closed: vindication.

I wish I could feel the same way. I've tried, honestly. I just don't find myself particularly excited, you could say.

Well, that's how I feel so far. We'll see where Nintendo takes us with Sm4sh--whether it be some hidden secret, simple DLC, or nothing at all. The future is unclear. I'd really appreciate some clarity.

Hypothetically, it's like there are some people locked outside in a blizzard while others are enjoying the warmth of the cabin inside. Makes you hold your breath as you wait for clarity that may never even arrive.

That's what I'm afraid of the most. I'd much rather have a character officially disconfirmed than having been left in the dark until the lifespan of DLC and the game itself ends. That way, I'd at least know about their fate...

Apologies if any of this comes off as a bit selfish or short-sighted. I needed to get that off my chest.

(Again: I'm not attempting to antagonize anything--just explaining how I feel at the moment)

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I got a little secret to share...

It's nothing huge, but it's the truth. Also, as a disclaimer/heads-up, I'm not complaining or anything.

To be truthful, the two franchises I wanted to see new content from the most, including newcomers, in Smash Brothers were Donkey Kong and Star Fox.

In retrospect, I can't help but laugh. Not in a negative way, however. I have no grudges against the developmental team behind Sm4sh for what they've done. The game is going to be amazing.

I'm just explaining how I'm feeling at the moment. Sort of a vent without anger, if you will.

I look around and see many people celebrate over the surprises of their supported characters getting in. It's that word I used a while back before the threads closed: vindication.

I wish I could feel the same way. I've tried, honestly. I just don't find myself particularly excited, you could say.

Well, that's how I feel so far. We'll see where Nintendo takes us with Sm4sh--whether it be some hidden secret, simple DLC, or nothing at all. The future is unclear. I'd really appreciate some clarity.

Hypothetically, it's like there are some people locked outside in a blizzard while others are enjoying the warmth of the cabin inside. Makes you hold your breath as you wait for clarity that may never even arrive.

That's what I'm afraid of the most. I'd much rather have a character officially disconfirmed than having been left in the dark until the lifespan of DLC and the game itself ends. That way, I'd at least know about their fate...

Apologies if any of this comes off as a bit selfish or short-sighted. I needed to get that off my chest.

(Again: I'm not attempting to antagonize anything--just explaining how I feel at the moment)
I fell similarly. I also feel like Sakurai is telling me hey look outside its Wolf and he's freezing, before I decide whether or not to let him in lets play his theme and watch old codec videos of him. All he needed to say is I'm just staring to develop him now for DLC, but no Sakurai is a ************* cryptic troll who is biased and trolly. Newcomers I could understand him not talking about, but veterans no excuse. There was so much evidence left over that Wolf was going to be in the game, but he currently is not. Why is this, well Sakurai just says Star Wolf's theme/ sector Z is the alt song on Corneria.If Wolf was in the game, I would then focus my resources on getting newcomers that I want ( which include Krystal) in the game. Character cuts are just a setback just means they'll get in the way of the newcomers.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
As cool Bayonetta is, like you, I rather see Krystal more than her and let's not forget, Bayonetta has some guns which probably would not work in a game like Smash 4. It was the same thing with Solid Snake in Brawl since they could not have him using any real life guns. That's why Krystal has a better chance and with her staff, all the more better. I saw the Amiibo compatibility for Mario Kart 8 and you can use the Fox Mccloud racing suit for the Miis in the game. But I've noticed something from the Amiibo screen in the MK8 video from the Direct that there was a render of Fox himself based off on his current design from Brawl and Smash 4 (most likely will be the case for the upcoming SF Wii U game). It's very likely that he can be the next great choice for DLC(for a third DLC pack) as a playable guest character for DLC in MK8 after the second pack (which includes Villager and Isabelle who both are from Animal Crossing) comes out in May 2015. Doing that will even help promote Starfox Wii U there and the same goes for adding Wolf and Krystal as DLC for Smash 4 and of course New DLC content for SF Wii U.

Overall, good Direct there, but no trailer yet for SF Wii U and the same goes for the new Zelda Wii U game. But I'm not surprised at all. Since we know that those two are on their way next year on the Wii U, we'll expect to hear more info on it and that's guaranteed. Besides, this Direct focused more on upcoming games coming out soon. But let's stay patient guys. Because we Starfox fans will finally hear on Starfox Wii U soon when 2015 rolls in. ^^

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I've been playing Bayonetta all week, but there are glaring marks against he being playable, where with Krystal it's more of "Will he pick her or not?" type of deal.

I would love Bayonetta to be in Smash though. Watch her tear through Pit.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I'm not expecting any SF Wii U info before E3.

And I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the game gets pushed into 2016.

But if MK is any indication, DLC could keep pouring out for this game even past a year after release. So who knows.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
We know that, but we just got the first footage of Majoras Mask 3D, and look how soon the release of that is!
Exactly, you got footage of it and its release is impending. You got a full trailer. Of a remake. That uses the same engine and graphics of a game made a few years ago.

Not exactly the same as a screenshot or two and blurry Alpha-looking footage of a game Nintendo didn't show in a series they haven't made themselves since the N64.

Look how long it's taken Zelda Wii U to come out from when it was first announced, or Pikmin 3, or SMTxFE, or even Smash 4 itself. Or Brawl. Or Skyward Sword. Or Miyamoto's new IP. A 2015 release would be great, but also seems pretty optimistic for how early in development the game seemed to be, and considering how long games like this usually take to release after being announced.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It'll be shown off at E3 this year, they have to show off some new titles, and this one seems like a no brainer.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
It'll be shown off at E3 this year, they have to show off some new titles, and this one seems like a no brainer.
Oh definitely. And whether it releases next year or not, at least the trailer will hopefully (and probably) give a good sense as to which characters will be playing a role in the game.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Oh definitely. And whether it releases next year or not, at least the trailer will hopefully (and probably) give a good sense as to which characters will be playing a role in the game.
Which could possibly mean Krystal is DLC, oh and will we get a Star Fox direct soon, and what kind of headgear, do you think Iwata will wear, oh and could a seperate Star Fox 3DS be in the works?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nice to see her doing well. I wish I could get my poll to an untapped demographic, but I'm both lazy, and tired of campaigning for something that's pretty useless atm. When Smash 4 is completely said and done, and Smash 5 speculation starts maybe I'll start campainging harder.

Either way, as long as Krystal stays in SF, she's always going to be a top choice. If she doesn't, however, she will eventually fall to a mediocre level, more of a Skull Kid status, and less of top 10 material like she's been in the past.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Which could possibly mean Krystal is DLC, oh and will we get a Star Fox direct soon, and what kind of headgear, do you think Iwata will wear, oh and could a seperate Star Fox 3DS be in the works?
Once they reveal Starfox Wii U next year, surely we'll even get a Direct dedicated to the game like Bayonetta 2 , Mario Kart 8 or Smash 4. With Krystal as DLC, I still think it's in our favors. ^^

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
@ Shorts Shorts , here's the link to the "Smash Bros. 6" hiring notice report:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/07/sma...says-new-game-is-coming-to-wii-u-3ds-in-2015/

It was dated back on April 7th, 2014.

They were looking to hire an additional 80 employees to work on "Smash Bros. 6", which is likely to be DLC since Sakurai's developmental terms for Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U are "Smash 4" and "Smash 5" respectively. This "Smash Bros. 6" is supposedly going to be released in Spring of 2015, which matches the time Mewtwo will be released.

Also, according to the report:

"Our local Nintendo rep has declined to comment on the story below, taking a no comment on rumor or speculation stance."

Of course a Nintendo rep wouldn't talk about potential developmental stuff in Smash. However, it lends potential credence to the hiring notice since they're refusing to respond.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alternatively, "Smash Bros. 6" (with its supposed release in Spring of 2015) could refer to the slim chance of Wii U transferable characters finally being able to be played on the 3DS IN ADDITION to Mewtwo's DLC. There's been a lot of confusion going on around the Wii U version's unlockable content:

Lots of strange context was used by the GameXplain member here. This is what started my research into the matter of Wii U transferable characters.

This second video sparked a little interest in this category in particular, with strings of comments such as:

TheRandomCities4: "I have a quick question. I'm not entirely sure you guys are permitted to answer it, however.

At 2:36 in the video, you mention how players can "unlock new characters, exclusive to the Wii U (version)".

My question is:

Are some of these characters that can be unlocked not available on the 3DS version?

I'm not asking who these characters are, though. I'm just asking whether or not there are some characters unlocked on the Wii U version that cannot be unlocked on the 3DS version.

Again, if you're not allowed to answer this type of question, I understand."

Joystick Junky Walkthroughs: "Hi there,
Thanks for watching the video and most of all, thanks for asking this question.

I might have mixed up a little detail here while I was writing my text. YES, there will be unlockable characters but NO, they won't be exclusive to the Wii U. So basically you have the same characters like on the Nintendo 3DS. We're just not allowed to talk about which of them and most of all how they can be unlocked (even tough they are already available on the N3DS).

Thanks for showing up this little detail - I hope I could clear up this little confusion. :)

Greetings."

Also,

1%GNightmare: "When you said Wii U exclusive unlockable characters were you talking about Falco, Mr Game and Watch, Duck Hunt Duo, Lucina, R.O.B, Wario, Dr.Mario, and Dark Pit because those characters are already revealed and are in the 3DS version as well. Or are you saying that there is more than just those 8 that are unlockable in the Wii U version?"

Joystick Junky Walkthroughs: "Hi there,

As I already mentioned in one of the comments; NO, there won't be any Wii U-exklusive characters. You can still unlock "new" characters, but they are mostly the same like on the Nintendo 3DS-version of Super Smash Bros. I mixed it up with some new Gamemodes that are exclusiv for the Wii U. So sorry about that. ;)"

Venom Symbiote: "+Joystick Junky Walkthroughs You said mostly the same as 3DS. More so to be clear, are you implying that there will be characters that launch with the Wii U initially before going to the 3DS or no? I highly doubt it but it would be nice."

We're still waiting for a response on this second string of comments.

It is important to note that both GameXplain and Joystick Junky Walkthroughs did NOT get to unlock everything. There was simply not enough time at either event.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And most recently, a few Canadian Smash Community members were given the Wii U copy of Smash 4 early. Yesterday, to be exact.

Now, they're under embargo about information they're not supposed to reveal.

However, Duck Hunt and Jigglypuff were revealed the day before these Smash Community members were given their copies. Why would they need to be under embargo if the whole roster was essentially revealed by Nintendo already? What could be so important for them to keep secret?

I really want to say something's suspicious. But, I'm going to hold my tongue. I'm just presenting this case for you guys to think about, if you want.

Again, if this isn't the case, "Smash Bros. 6" could simply be just DLC.

However, I'm going to humor a couple of potential mysteries that may be solved if there are Wii U transferable characters:

If there are Wii U transferable characters AND assuming Krystal is one of them (bear with me), the stage tease reveal possibility will suddenly make more sense:

I've noticed a pattern, As far as the Newcomers we've seen who are from an already represented franchise in smash, they've had a stage from their franchise be partially revealed when it was initially shown in the Pic of the day, then it would be followed up with a more in depth look at their stage in a later Pic of the Day.[collapse=Rosalina]
[collapse=PotD September 9, 2013]This is our first look at the Super Mario Galaxy stage. Not much to see but Kirby and the background.
[/collapse]
[collapse=PotD November 14, 2013]a more in depth look at the Super Mario Galaxy stage
[/collapse]Rolalina was revealed in the December Nintendo Direct.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Greninja]
[collapse=PotD March 11, 2014]This is our first look at Lumiose city. We don't even see any platforms.
[/collapse]
[collapse=PotD March 28, 2014] Now we see the the platforms and conclude that this must be a moving stage.
[/collapse]Greninja is revealed in the April direct.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Palutena][collapse=PotD January 29, 2014]Here we first see the background of the Kid Icarus stage on the Wii U
[/collapse]
[collapse=PotD April 30, 2014]Now we see the statue again, but with a platform.
[/collapse]Palutena is revealed during E3
[/collapse]
[collapse=Robin][collapse=PotD June 6, 2014]the first appearance of the Fire emblem stage on the Wii U.
[/collapse]I suppose you could say that we got a better look at the Fire Emblem stage during the E3 demo of the game.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Krystal][collapse=PotD July 21, 2014]It's hard to make out whether the Great Fox is the stage or if there will be a platform in front of it.
[/collapse]We are waiting for another more in depth reveal of the Starfox stage followed up by a Starfox newcomer.[/collapse]
Well, we GOT a more in-depth look at the Orbital Gate stage just before the 3DS version of Sm4sh was released in America and abroad:

Not only that, but if Krystal is accompanied with more arguably Western favored newcomers such as K. Rool or Isaac, the mystery behind WHY Smash Wii U is released in North America first can also be solved. I mean, the 3DS version was released in Japan first after all...

But, that's just me humoring the assumption of all of the above. Probably not going to happen, though. I see DLC as MUCH more likely. I don't think Nintendo is SMART enough to do all the above.

Just look what happened to the old marketing theory. The idea of Wii U transferable characters is the polished and refined version of that old marketing theory. We're finally going to see whether or not the marketing theory has any truth.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
To me, it sounds like they said "No new characters".

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
1, they're probably still under embargo because it's not like the content they could leak ends at the roster.

2, Smash 4 is releasing in NA first because the NA holiday season is much more crucial to sales than other regions, so it would be the priority. Also, K. Rool is popular in Japan too.

3, I agree with Shorts. I also think Smash Bros 6 is just springtime DLC, including Mewtwo.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
1, they're probably still under embargo because it's not like the content they could leak ends at the roster.

2, Smash 4 is releasing in NA first because the NA holiday season is much more crucial to sales than other regions, so it would be the priority. Also, K. Rool is popular in Japan too.

3, I agree with Shorts. I also think Smash Bros 6 is just springtime DLC, including Mewtwo.
Yeah, I enjoy entertaining possibilities, no matter how slim a chance they might be. Interestingly enough, I tend not to argue for such hypothetical situations as they are true. This does not prevent me from arguing for possibility, though. However, you'll never see me outright claim these hypothetical situations to be absolutely true.

I still think that "Smash Bros. 6" is going to be DLC too. In fact, I mentioned that in the large post as well.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Yeah, I enjoy entertaining possibilities, no matter how slim a chance they might be. Interestingly enough, I tend not to argue for such hypothetical situations as they are true. This does not prevent me from arguing for possibility, though. However, you'll never see me outright claim these hypothetical situations to be absolutely true.

I still think that "Smash Bros. 6" is going to be DLC too. In fact, I mentioned that in the large post as well.
If that link turns out true, then this can really work in our favor in DLC wise. Can't wait to see what is in stock for all of us for DLC characters alongside Mewtwo. That is why I think that we still have a chance to get Krystal In there. It's also good to see that in the Rank website, it shows the characters for DLC that Krystal is now in #4 with Wolf #5. Take out Mewtwo and Ridley and both Krystal and Wolf will be on the top choices for DLC characters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom