• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wolf is a play off of Fox's playstyle, and you all know that's what Xeno meant. Krystal would not be. Krystal WILL NOT be in Smash 4 with a moveset that has derivations from Fox's. I don't think Sakurai is going to go for that. The first parargraph Xeno wrote in post #6277 pretty much sums up the status of Wolf. He is expendable, especially as a roster buff semi-clone.

If it were up to me though guys, I would have dropped Falco way before Wolf. I can't imagine why Sakurai kept him around versus Wolf. Seniority perhaps? Maybe just strictly because he's more of a fan favorite. (Smash wise)

Ideally I would have all four, or at least Fox / Wolf / Krystal

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see all 4 Starfox characters don't get me wrong, however, with what happened, I would have rather seen Wolf return over Falco as well because I think he differs from Fox all the more.

The problem is I can't see Starfox getting two newcomers for DLC, even if next year is the year of Starfox. If we have Falco already, then we need either Wolf with a huge revamp in his moveset or Krystal, and that's where I think Krystal is more likely.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I would love to see all 4 Starfox characters don't get me wrong, however, with what happened, I would have rather seen Wolf return over Falco as well because I think he differs from Fox all the more.

The problem is I can't see Starfox getting two newcomers for DLC, even if next year is the year of Starfox. If we have Falco already, then we need either Wolf with a huge revamp in his moveset or Krystal, and that's where I think Krystal is more likely.
If that's the case, then Krystal is the better choice because of her unique playstyle utilizing the staff from Adventures she has. That will prove to the doubters of her when they used to say that she can't be in because "she'll be a clone to Fox" that she can work and with a Final Smash that is not the Landmaster. Anyway getting into Wolf, he's not really a clone of Fox. Falco is the true clone there and the roster needs more villains after all. It was unfortunate that he was cut from the initial roster and that hit me really hard. But it could be possible that we can get 2 more SF characters for the roster after all to join Fox and Falco for DLC which as we all know can be Wolf and Krystal. If they get Wolf back in there, please give him a Final Smash that is not the Landmaster. In fact, his Final Smash should be that he calls in his wingmen to lay waste to the entire stage by bombarding it. Everyone but him will get hit. That will change things up a bit. As for Krystal, her Final Smash will consist of the entrapping the opponent in a crystal prison(much like the prison she was in from Adventures) while damaging them with the Krazoa Spirits and she uses her staff to deliver the final blow.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
If that's the case, then Krystal is the better choice because of her unique playstyle utilizing the staff from Adventures she has. That will prove to the doubters of her when they used to say that she can't be in because "she'll be a clone to Fox" that she can work and with a Final Smash that is not the Landmaster. Anyway getting into Wolf, he's not really a clone of Fox. Falco is the true clone there and the roster needs more villains after all. It was unfortunate that he was cut from the initial roster and that hit me really hard. But it could be possible that we can get 2 more SF characters for the roster after all to join Fox and Falco for DLC which as we all know can be Wolf and Krystal. If they get Wolf back in there, please give him a Final Smash that is not the Landmaster. In fact, his Final Smash should be that he calls in his wingmen to lay waste to the entire stage by bombarding it. Everyone but him will get hit. That will change things up a bit. As for Krystal, her Final Smash will consist of the entrapping the opponent in a crystal prison(much like the prison she was in from Adventures) while damaging them with the Krazoa Spirits and she uses her staff to deliver the final blow.
I think that if Wolf does make it back, he will have a new set of special moves, mainly because Fox has his specials from Brawl as custom moves.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think that if Wolf does make it back, he will have a new set of special moves, mainly because Fox has his specials from Brawl as custom moves.
Really? From what I've seen he only got the Wolf flash. Besides Wolf's A attacks are all different.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Just wish there was clarification about Fox's specials (or the one special that he has from Wolf) from the horse's mouth. That way we wouldn't be stuck wondering how it impacts Wolf, and extensively Krystal, as DLC candidates.

Ah well, I suppose Krystal and Wolf are to be considered "still alive" as DLC up until the release of Star Fox Wii U. If nothing happens after that, I think it would be safe to assume they were just ignored (just establishing an alternate hypothesis here, not judging how likely this situation really is).

Jeez... That's gonna be a while. Maybe late fall next year? The release of Star Fox Wii U, that is.

Of course, that's assuming we don't hear about Star Fox Sm4sh DLC beforehand, which is probably more likely.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I forgot how good Assault multiplayer was while playing it online with my friends.
You played that game online?! @n@ Was it on a site or some sort of console hack? :O
I need to know.. *-*

Also, I feel like Krystal would've been in smash 4 from the start had Kid Icarus was made into the Star Fox game. Also if Metroid Blast stayed as a Star Fox game, they'd still be relevant.. ;-; I'd have play as a girl mii so my tail would have Krystal's beads xD

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You played that game online?! @n@ Was it on a site or some sort of console hack? :O
I need to know.. *-*

Also, I feel like Krystal would've been in smash 4 from the start had Kid Icarus was made into the Star Fox game. Also if Metroid Blast stayed as a Star Fox game, they'd still be relevant.. ;-; I'd have play as a girl mii so my tail would have Krystal's beads xD
I doubt that Nintendo land would've meant anything even if Metroid Blast did stay StarFox. Otherwise Takamaru would've been playable, and a second F-Zero rep would've happened.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Good to be back. Was that a bombshell of an announcement dropped last week, or what?

With DLC officially on the table, I want to say Krystal's chances are...actually pretty decent. There's a new Star Fox game on the horizon, and as long as she's in the game her biggest drawback--lack of recent relevance--will be gone. She may be in competition with Wolf--although I could see them both making it, if we get as extensive of DLC as Mario Kart 8 is getting--but I think she may actually have a leg up over him. Wolf may have seniority, but he was a half-clone of Fox, not very unique of a fighter yet still requiring more development time than the three full clones that were thrown in Sm4sh as a bonus. Every newcomer we've seen so far--aside from the bonus clones--has been unique and interesting. And hasn't Krystal's biggest draw this whole time been her high moveset potential?

D

Deleted member

I need to know.. *-*
You can play with other people on Dolphin the same way they play Melee, Project M, & Brawl online with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection discontinued.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Really? From what I've seen he only got the Wolf flash. Besides Wolf's A attacks are all different.
Huh, I thought he had all his moves. That is what pretty much everyone on the internet has been saying. Guess that's just another reason not to take everything you see at face value.
Still, it would be nice to see a Star Fox character that has a completely original moveset and is not based off Fox's for once.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Well guys I'm getting the 3 ds version today (and I'll get the wii u version day 1) so yeah. Speaking of which how many dlc packs do you think there will be? I'd say 3 since hyrule warriors had 4 and mk8 has 2

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Well guys I'm getting the 3 ds version today (and I'll get the wii u version day 1) so yeah. Speaking of which how many dlc packs do you think there will be? I'd say 3 since hyrule warriors had 4 and mk8 has 2
It's hard to say how many. We could be over optimistic about dlc. It could be possible that Mewtwo and that stage, (can't remember name of stage, I'm just waking up.) is the only dlc we get. Though I believe that's unlikely. Nintendo can rack in some sales with more dlc. And our lovely vixen of blue has a good chance to be in as dlc.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
As I said, I don't think that Mewtwo is going to be the only DLC character we're going to get. Surely the roster for both versions can handle 4 or 5 more characters and to make it even and fair, we can get 2 more veteran characters(1 more because of Mewtwo confirmed making it into 3) and with 3 newcomers(still going for the newcomers there which is Krystal, Dixie Kong or King K. Rool and Impa) and there you have it. I'm still going for the fact that she has a good chance to finally make it and so that all of us fans can see our favorite blue vixen in action making her the second staff user alongside with Palutena.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Check this GameExplain Q&A video out:

Anything stick out as "odd" to any of you?

I'll let you try to find it.

HINT: It has to do with what he says about unlockable content, and how Nintendo was restricting them on unlocking things...

In light of this, and what you find, he mentions Duck Hunt in this very video, who hasn't been officially revealed yet. Not only that, but he mentions unlocking Falco and Dr. Mario, but he couldn't get anything past that.

Guess why?

Nintendo has been resetting the memory every hour for when they played!

Why would they need to do that? Why are there really more characters readily available on the Wii U version, after knowing this?

Something smells rotten, and I want to get down to the bottom of it.

EDIT: Nintendo confirmed that they were indeed playing the final retail version of Smash Wii U, by the way.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

HINT: It has to do with what he says about unlockable content, and how Nintendo was restricting them on unlocking things...

In light of this, and what you find, he mentions Duck Hunt in this very video, who hasn't been officially revealed yet. Not only that, but he mentions unlocking Falco and Dr. Mario, but he couldn't get anything past that.

Guess why?

Why would they need to do that? Why are there really more characters readily available on the Wii U version, after knowing this?

EDIT: Nintendo confirmed that they were indeed playing the final retail version of Smash Wii U, by the way.
Could be just to keep stages hidden.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Could be just to keep stages hidden.
Could be, but it is still interesting nonetheless.

In general, here's a quote from the video I find strange:

"Unfortunantly, I can't talk about, you know, any unlockable characters. Or rather, some of the unlockable characters that haven't been officially announced. Let me say this though, one of them in particular did look REALLY expressive. So, yeah. So that was cool. And I was really happy to see how expressive he looked and how GREAT he looked in general."

Yet, in the video he mentions Duck Hunt. How does that add up? What I mean here is that Duck Hunt is the last newcomer not officially revealed. If he couldn't talk about certain characters that weren't officially revealed, why did he mention Duck Hunt?

Besides that, Jigglypuff is the last unlockable veteran on the 3DS version who hasn't been officially revealed, but is readily available on the Wii U as a starter. As for unlockables, that leaves Lucina--who was already revealed, though. All of the possible hidden character options are negated.

This is especially strange, since he couldn't unlock all the characters due to Nintendo constantly resetting the data.

He kept referring to the possibility of "additional hidden content", which includes characters because he couldn't unlock all of them.

He mentions specifically that he came to match up against Doctor Mario and Falco, and that was pretty much it. He only got to play for three hours, and each hour Nintendo reset the data automatically.

The only other possibility is if he is contradicting himself, or is neglecting his supposed promise with Nintendo (the promise being that he could not talk about unlockable content at all, if he saw any). That would be weird, because he was looking to get us as much inside info as he could. This last possibility is the same both ways, just differed by his intention or lack thereof. Either way, why lie?

I still don't know what any of this means. However, I will say that there was nothing in the Wii U 50 fact extravaganza video that disconfirmed Wii U transferable characters, as @ArcaneKitsune mentioned earlier.

Right now, pretty much everyone is dead set on DLC being the last remaining option, because of Mewtwo. Why? The other option of transferable characters was never officially even ruled out! Is it too inconceivable, from Nintendo? I don't think so.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Guess why?

Could be, but it is still interesting nonetheless.

In general, here's a quote from the video I find strange:

"Unfortunantly, I can't talk about, you know, any unlockable characters. Or rather, some of the unlockable characters that haven't been officially announced. Let me say this though, one of them in particular did look REALLY expressive. So, yeah. So that was cool. And I was really happy to see how expressive he looked and how GREAT he looked in general."

Yet, in the video he mentions Duck Hunt. How does that add up? What I mean here is that Duck Hunt is the last newcomer not officially revealed. If he couldn't talk about certain characters that weren't officially revealed, why did he mention Duck Hunt?

Besides that, Jigglypuff is the last unlockable veteran on the 3DS version who hasn't been officially revealed, but is readily available on the Wii U as a starter. As for unlockables, that leaves Lucina--who was already revealed, though. All of the possible hidden character options are negated.

This is especially strange, since he couldn't unlock all the characters due to Nintendo constantly resetting the data.

He kept referring to the possibility of "additional hidden content", which includes characters because he couldn't unlock all of them.

He mentions specifically that he came to match up against Doctor Mario and Falco, and that was pretty much it. He only got to play for three hours, and each hour Nintendo reset the data automatically.

The only other possibility is if he is contradicting himself, or is neglecting his supposed promise with Nintendo (the promise being that he could not talk about unlockable content at all, if he saw any). That would be weird, because he was looking to get us as much inside info as he could. This last possibility is the same both ways, just differed by his intention or lack thereof. Either way, why lie?

I still don't know what any of this means. However, I will say that there was nothing in the Wii U 50 fact extravaganza video that disconfirmed Wii U transferable characters, as @ArcaneKitsune mentioned earlier.

Right now, pretty much everyone is dead set on DLC being the last remaining option, because of Mewtwo. Why? The other option of transferable characters was never officially even ruled out! Is it too inconceivable, from Nintendo? I don't think so.
Interesting find. To tell you the truth I was supportive of Krystal getting in, but only if Wolf came back too. Falco should have been an alt or just not given seniority over Wolf.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Well, we do expect Wolf to get in as DLC first, then Krystal. And knowing you pretty well, I can confirm that you sure do know your StarFox.
Which goes back to what I said before that for DLC to be fair, the first pack can consist of 3 veterans (Mewtwo, Wolf, and Lucas) while the second pack can be newcomers(Krystal, Dixie Kong or King K Rool, and Impa).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Which goes back to what I said before that for DLC to be fair, the first pack can consist of 3 veterans (Mewtwo, Wolf, and Lucas) while the second pack can be newcomers(Krystal, Dixie Kong or King K Rool, and Impa).
I think 3 packs with a newcomer and veteran in each works better
Pack 1: Impa and Mewtwo
Pack 2: Dixie and Lucas
Pack 3: Krystal and Wolf

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Hope it's not disappointment.
Agreed.

We're sticking our heads out farther in speculation than we have in previous iterations of Smash. It's sort of uncomfortable territory.

I mean we've got so many possibilities that there is less room for assurance one way or the other. In the past, when the characters didn't show up in the end, it was GG.

Now, we've got DLC and the unclear possibility of transferable characters.

Theoretically, DLC enables us to speculate forever (or as long as the game lifespan is). I'm not too sure that's a good thing.

Here's to hoping our blue vixen has a time to shine in Smash, and for a great year of Star Fox in 2015.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Another idea for a trailer...Ya know the beginning of star fox adventures with Krystal going aboard the sharp claw galleon well instead of general scales there's King K Rool and instead of the sharp claw galleon its gangplank galleon. That's all I got. I would actually want to see that. :urg:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Another idea for a trailer...Ya know the beginning of star fox adventures with Krystal going aboard the sharp claw galleon well instead of general scales there's King K Rool and instead of the sharp claw galleon its gangplank galleon. That's all I got. I would actually want to see that. :urg:
That would be cool, but wouldn't really fit the year of Star Fox theme

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I doubt that Nintendo land would've meant anything even if Metroid Blast did stay StarFox. Otherwise Takamaru would've been playable, and a second F-Zero rep would've happened.
Good point. o.o' I still would like a Nintendo land stage on wii u so I hope that rumor about the stages are true xD
You can play with other people on Dolphin the same way they play Melee, Project M, & Brawl online with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection discontinued.
Oh! I've heard of that before! :O I never looked into it but I definitely will now. Thanks dude!! =)

Even if there isn't any transferable characters, I'd still be more happy with the Wii u version over the 3ds. x) But it'd just make alot of sense if there was.. and I'm willing to be Charlie is one of them >.> I'm still stuck on Sakurai pointing out "Alph doesn't use Rockmin either" & "Brittany isn't joining the battle" xD Pikmin would techinally have three reps tho. It'd just be sso great if each franchise got one newcomer and two for DK and Star Fox.. I feel like in the end, the Ridley fans have it the hardest though. :/

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I know petitions don't do much at all, but it's annoying me how the krystal petition is 30 people away from completing 1000 :urg: Lol
Tell me about it, a friend of mine created a petition for Sakurai to quit stalling and reveal Yoshi for Smash 4, and it only got one signature, enter Smash Direct, and there he was.

But yeah, it's pretty interesting even though the petition won't be the thing that makes Krystal get in.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
But yeah, it's pretty interesting even though the petition won't be the thing that makes Krystal get in.
Although it would be a way to show that interest is there. That's the difference between the initial roster and DLC: the former was decided on long ago, but the latter is flexible and occasionally based on player demand. Isn't it likely that the reason Mewtwo is going to be the first because he's been so heavily requested?

I wouldn't be averse to some kind of movement to show how and why Krystal would be a great addition to Sm4sh, the way the K. Rool supporters have theirs. We could even have signature banners and stuff that act like Slide Guides from Fire Emblem Awakening, showing how certain moves could work...although we'd need one hell of an artist for that...

Last edited:
Top Bottom