• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
You know that poll that was posted earlier? Well Krystal is literally now the second most voted on it: http://www.poll-maker.com/results395154xD2B5C2B5-15#tab-2

Like seriously, she was only like, 11th last I checked. No idea where that sudden burst of supporters came from.
It's like I said in RTC: someone must've rallied some supporters.

...Or maybe some idiot stuffed the ballot. Hopefully not.

Also, damn, is it just me or does Shantae have some zealous supporters?

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman

I don't think you can stuff it, thankfully. Unless you find a way to cheat around it, anyways. I hold my hands up to the fact that I tried to vote a second time, just to see if it actually worked and it didn't count the vote.

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
So you like my avatar @ jahkzheng jahkzheng , heh heh well here's a full picture of it like you ask:

I hope you like it and guys Alfore is thinking to join this thread but she said that she will wait once she finishes something which I'm probably guessing is to draw vote for Krystal on every character support page.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
So you like my avatar @ jahkzheng jahkzheng , heh heh well here's a full picture of it like you ask:

I hope you like it and guys Alfore is thinking to join this thread but she said that she will wait once she finishes something which I'm probably guessing is to draw vote for Krystal on every character support page.
Looks superb! I want to know who drew this most people don't draw Krystal like this (I mean fighting and menacing looking)

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman

No. It was Jordan again. He has a tweet talking about how we pushed Krystal to number one spot before Shantae supporters pushed her into Number one.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Hey everyone. I'm unable to link it because I'm on mobile, but check out Nintendo of America's latest tweet. Nintendo is gonna be at PAX, which conveniently falls on August 28th through the 31st. Not exactly a Direct, but something like this may just turn out to be a whole lot better.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I'd say whoever's going there should attempt to ask about her and the others, not about Smash just in general. I obviously cant because it's far out of my reach.
Perhaps if they were at Pax East i'd go out of my way to attempt to ask such a question, but since that's not for another few months with also having to come up with the money to even do it well..

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I don't think they really see their work as effecting the votes really, at least not intentionally. They're doing this for fun first and foremost, but they also like the exposure - people following them on twitter, subs on youtube, followers on DA, etc. Gives them more incentive to create more stuff when maybe if no one cared they'd have just done a couple. Travis was the Mother's Day gift, so to speak. They didn't create him thinking "we better get this out before the ballot ends instead of characters that actually have a chance". Like Edgy said, it started out as giving characters with little chance a bit of the spotlight.

If anything, the popular characters were on their backburner until fans started demanding them. I believe I've even seen them state that they were a bit hesitant in making characters that had a good shot for DLC because they'd get an official render themselves soon potentially. Only reason to do popular characters is because of fan demand and because they want to anyways. They don't recognize the invisible deadline in October as anything but the potential for a character they had planned to make having an announcement and a render, forcing them to change their plans on said character. They're not going to make a character that already has a Smash render, and I believe they're staying away from vets too for similar reasons. I recall one comment that they were at least not interested in doing Snake because he's a vet with several high quality 3D renders out there... basically, they wouldn't be doing anything "new".
Hmm, good point.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Looks superb! I want to know who drew this most people don't draw Krystal like this (I mean fighting and menacing looking)
I can help you out there. I know the artist who did that pic. He has a page in Deviantart who goes by the name JECBrush and his link is http://jecbrush.deviantart.com . He has some of the best Starfox fan art I have ever seen. In fact, he did this pic for me as a birthday request.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
JECBrush has done some amazing Star Fox work. His Krystal art in particular is tops in what I've seen anywhere.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

That's that same look I prefer. In fact, it looks very similar to the look in Wolfheart's sig. Green scarf, white jacket, two shades of magenta on the suit, white boots. That can't be a coincidence. Same artist I'll have to assume. Either way, if this is a popular look in fanart, I'm on board with this for sure. It's a variation on her Command look sans helmet where she finally had the "uniform" look of a member of the Star Fox team. It's a clean professional look that's still eye catching. In a perfect world, this would more or less be her default Smash look if it were up to me.

I also really like seeing her "in action". Krystal needs more art like this of her. Too often she's just drawn posing, usually in a "eye-candy-ish" way. When that's most of what you see, it just propagates the notion that she's just "Fox's sexy GF" when there's more than too her than that. These other less obvious dimensions should be explored more often in her art. So yeah, I totally approve of this piece not only because it's just ridiculously good, but also because it's different and shows another dimension to Krystal.

I can help you out there. I know the artist who did that pic. He has a page in Deviantart who goes by the name JECBrush and his link is http://jecbrush.deviantart.com . He has some of the best Starfox fan art I have ever seen. In fact, he did this pic for me as a birthday request.
Yep, same artist as your sig too.

Last edited:

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
@ XeVioN XeVioN I know it looks awesome and my most favorite Krystal art because how fierce she looks and it shows that she can handle herself, also I'm also trying to draw my sorta own version of this art on the art academy home studio program, I've posted some of my progress on miiverse but not doing much because I have school. Also I will always regret of going to deviantart on trying to find this art.

@ jahkzheng jahkzheng I'm glad you like the art and I agree with you that it definitely shows the fighting side of Krystal and this the one I prefer than all the eye-candy art I've seen ( even tho it is alittle bit appealing).

Also guys Alfore will join as soon as he/she finishes a Krystal post on the Ness and Greninja character support page but need some inspirational or ideas to go with the drawing. So any of you guys got an idea or something so I can tell Alfore what to do in his/her drawing of Krystal with Ness and Greninja because I got nothing.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Also guys Alfore will join as soon as he/she finishes a Krystal post on the Ness and Greninja character support page but need some inspirational or ideas to go with the drawing. So any of you guys got an idea or something so I can tell Alfore what to do in his/her drawing of Krystal with Ness and Greninja because I got nothing.
Maybe have Krystal using one of Ness's PK powers and him looking surprised over it? *shrugs* can't say I have the imagination to think of anything more creative than that, aha.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
How about they stare at each other with serious faces and they have a telepathic battle she could draw some sorta of lighting comming from their heads and...ohh it's already done

Still pretty good I like the shadow part two of my favorite characters staring at the stars.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
@ XeVioN XeVioN I know it looks awesome and my most favorite Krystal art because how fierce she looks and it shows that she can handle herself, also I'm also trying to draw my sorta own version of this art on the art academy home studio program, I've posted some of my progress on miiverse but not doing much because I have school. Also I will always regret of going to deviantart on trying to find this art.

@ jahkzheng jahkzheng I'm glad you like the art and I agree with you that it definitely shows the fighting side of Krystal and this the one I prefer than all the eye-candy art I've seen ( even tho it is alittle bit appealing).

Hmm, well going off the playful nature of her posts typically, something fun like Krystal using Ness's PK Fire to roast a marshmallow on the end of her staff. Or maybe she's playing with a happy Mr. Saturn with a confused Ness in the background. Possibly something could be done with Krystal commenting on sensing Ness's psychic power.

With Greninja... well, there may be a Slippy joke in there. The first that popped into my head was Krystal having just frozen Greninja, implying her staff used it's ice blast on Greninja when it tried to attack with one of it's water based attacks. Or maybe commenting that she "prefers Delphox" with Greninja looking dejected.

Maybe have Krystal using one of Ness's PK powers and him looking surprised over it? *shrugs* can't say I have the imagination to think of anything more creative than that, aha.
Well, Krystal doesn't really have those kinds of psychic powers. She's just a telepath/empath. But I could see Alfore making an exception to be humorous.

Edit:
Never mind guys Alfore already did them.

Nevermind indeed. I figured while I was writing my last post the updates here were just more suggestions. Didn't expect Alfore to have done something already, heh.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Hey I drew a thank you pic for Nintendo below for sending me a new gamepad! :D Check out! ^.^ Should I add "Krystal4Smash" at the bottom right corner? :) Or do you think just having her in the pic is enough? ^^;
Add Krystal4Smash! Nothing wrong with expressing demand and showing how much we want her in something as personalized as this.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Damn, you're a really good artist.
Thanks a lot!! ^-^ That really means a lot to me. :') I feel guilty that I still haven't had the time to finish my smashified Krystal pic but it will be worth the wait- I promise you guys that!! :D

Add Krystal4Smash! Nothing wrong with expressing demand and showing how much we want her in something as personalized as this.
Okay I will! -^.^- I thought it'd be a cool way to reach Nintendo about Krystal even if it's just in the repair department! :D

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Thanks a lot!! ^-^ That really means a lot to me. :') I feel guilty that I still haven't had the time to finish my smashified Krystal pic but it will be worth the wait- I promise you guys that!! :D

Okay I will! -^.^- I thought it'd be a cool way to reach Nintendo about Krystal even if it's just in the repair department! :D
Haha. It certainly is. Great picture and I can't wait to see more of your work on Miiverse. <3

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace

I almost dare suggest (on a separate piece of paper) mentioning the miiverse supporters as insane as it sounds, that and Jordan or whoever else that's behind her.

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
Hey guys apparently Alfore made another Krystal drawing on the Palutena support page but this time is not lewd.

Wow @ Krayon Kaphonie Krayon Kaphonie you are good on paper too and you can add Krystal4Smash if you want.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Hey I drew a thank you pic for Nintendo below for sending me a new gamepad! :D Check out! ^.^ Should I add "Krystal4Smash" at the bottom right corner? :) Or do you think just having her in the pic is enough? ^^;
Looks pretty cool, Yes add that I don't see anything wrong with that.
Nice that you gamepad is getting fixed looking foward to that comic idea you mentioned Is it going to be Online or Miiverse comic lie Lonely Roy series.

Also what characters do you plan to include so far?

Gotta say, seeing all these amazing artists in the Krystal fandom is really inspiring me to start drawing again myself, aha.
Yeah me too I swear I 've came up with so many ideas to support Krystal but I just can't make them reality I'm not that good at drawing specially on digital devices, but thats OK I started taking drawing clasess, reading books, and in just 7 years I 'll be able to draw Krystal pefectly.

Lol actually no I'm not taking just reading books and practicing sketches.

EDIT: Wow I just got a Throphy for giving 20 likes...cdi zelda voice* GOOD.

Last edited by a moderator:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I dislike bandwagon characters like Shantae, I believe that characters that have been highly requested for years (K Rool, Krystal, Issac, etc.), should take precedence over characters with recent bandwagon support

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I dislike bandwagon characters like Shantae, I believe that characters that have been highly requested for years (K Rool, Krystal, Issac, etc.), should take precedence over characters with recent bandwagon support
It's best not to listen what they're saying about unofficial pools, let alone Reddit since I heard they attack anyone that doesnt support her or Shovel Knight, and that is where that recent poll came from. Nintendo made it clear the ballot has no winner and is merely a suggestion box.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
It's best not to listen what they're saying about unofficial pools, let alone Reddit since I heard they attack anyone that doesnt support her or Shovel Knight, and that is where that recent poll came from. Nintendo made it clear the ballot has no winner and is merely a suggestion box.
Do you agree with what I said?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I had another one of those, "in a perfect world" ideas. If after Zero they did a remake of adventures that completely rebuilt it and used some ideas from the original concept like Zero did for SF2.

Things like:
* Krystal and Fox either being swappable characters or having roughly equal play time.
* Krystal and Fox having different playstyles (Krystal with LoZ style combat, Fox as a third person shooter or example) or failing that, abilities.
* Either Scales is the main threat or Andross's involvement not being pulled from someone's ***.
* Give Tricky a voice that isn't the vocal equivalent of sandpaper. (Stay off Slippy's turf... surf?)

There's a lot of cool ideas in the original Dinosaur Planet concept that I wish they had time to implement.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Hey there guys. It appears that Alfore posted up a new pic of our vixen only this time with Wolf in it which looks great.

Top Bottom