• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Every stage has the final destination variant, but no way to play the stage regularly without hazards, which sucks... On the Wii U I can't stand the Star Fox map, because of how it keeps changing constantly, which creates a lot of cheap deaths. Some like it that way, but I'd like an option to at least disable hazards on some maps...

Btw great choice of music, it sure would be different :D I still haven't necessarily decided what music I would like to appear on a possible stage for Krystal.
Oh, I see. I'm surprised they haven't patched the option to do that in. I have the same issue with that stage, I just tend to stick with the other one from Brawl to satisfy my Star Fox needs. I'm pretty sure there's close to no gimmicks on that stage.

On the topic of music, I think it'd be pretty cool if in a future Star Fox game each character had their own personal theme. Give Krystal a kind of dramatic ambient theme maybe, Fox something that sounds heroic and confident with violins and maybe for Wolf some kind of menacing dubsteb theme. Just ideas from the top of my head, aha. I just think it'd be something a little extra to further define who the characters are.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of music, I think it'd be pretty cool if in a future Star Fox game each character had their own personal theme. Give Krystal a kind of dramatic ambient theme maybe, Fox something that sounds heroic and confident with violins and maybe for Wolf some kind of menacing dubsteb theme. Just ideas from the top of my head, aha. I just think it'd be something a little extra to further define who the characters are.
It would be cool, I always liked how in many of the sonic the hedgehog games, all the characters usually have their own themes that represent them, and their always in different music styles which is great.

I think I found my picks of music for a possible "Krystal" stage.
If the stage would be Thorntail Hollow then I'd like to have this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2v4Z3wZr74&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFcj2TtRxlpunW94BgiDLuf&index=11
Maybe remix it a bit to fit more for as fighting music :p.
But a more "fighting" themed music pick would be this for me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ckhcseAcc&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFcj2TtRxlpunW94BgiDLuf&index=46

If the stage would take place in Krazoa Palace then this would be a must, even though it's quite ambient:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HCSs8348Io&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFcj2TtRxlpunW94BgiDLuf&index=5
(This would be my third pick for music on a stage, even if it was on Thorntail Hollow :3, but it would Obviously fit in a Krazoa Palace stage more).

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It would be cool, I always liked how in many of the sonic the hedgehog games, all the characters usually have their own themes that represent them, and their always in different music styles which is great.

I think I found my picks of music for a possible "Krystal" stage.
If the stage would be Thorntail Hollow then I'd like to have this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2v4Z3wZr74&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFcj2TtRxlpunW94BgiDLuf&index=11
Maybe remix it a bit to fit more for as fighting music :p.
But a more "fighting" themed music pick would be this for me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ckhcseAcc&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFcj2TtRxlpunW94BgiDLuf&index=46

If the stage would take place in Krazoa Palace then this would be a must, even though it's quite ambient:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HCSs8348Io&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFcj2TtRxlpunW94BgiDLuf&index=5
(This would be my third pick for music on a stage, even if it was on Thorntail Hollow :3, but it would Obviously fit in a Krazoa Palace stage more).
I remember liking the music in Ocean Force Point Temple, but it's not exactly music to fight to.

I'll just toss this music in here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k3-Q43VZ9s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ox5jG3MqFM

Appropriate for a Sauria Stage.

Even more unlikely to happen than just a Sauria stage, but you know how some stages get a song or two from another series at the end of their playlist? Well, I think it would be pretty amazing if the Sauria stage had a Monster Hunter song cameo on it, heh. There's just waaay too much good music in the Monster Hunter series, I don't know where I'd start. The main Tri theme for Lagiacrus. Maybe the Zinogre battle theme. That one is pretty epic. May as well share the latter...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5dSw_VHz9M

Honestly, this actually seems a bit more "fast and dynamic" than most Smash songs, and that's saying something. Though it could just be my perception.

Oh, and here's the main Tri/Lagiacrus theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X05I-OgUPO8

There's many more quality songs in this series and Smash should have at least some small way to rep this series imo, preferably with the music if nothing else.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I remember liking the music in Ocean Force Point Temple, but it's not exactly music to fight to.

I'll just toss this music in here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k3-Q43VZ9s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ox5jG3MqFM

Appropriate for a Sauria Stage.

Even more unlikely to happen than just a Sauria stage, but you know how some stages get a song or two from another series at the end of their playlist? Well, I think it would be pretty amazing if the Sauria stage had a Monster Hunter song cameo on it, heh. There's just waaay too much good music in the Monster Hunter series, I don't know where I'd start. The main Tri theme for Lagiacrus. Maybe the Zinogre battle theme. That one is pretty epic. May as well share the latter...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5dSw_VHz9M

Honestly, this actually seems a bit more "fast and dynamic" than most Smash songs, and that's saying something. Though it could just be my perception.

Oh, and here's the main Tri/Lagiacrus theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X05I-OgUPO8

There's many more quality songs in this series and Smash should have at least some small way to rep this series imo, preferably with the music if nothing else.
Monster Hunter does have some pretty great tracks and considering there's now a Capcom character in Smash, it wouldn't necessarily be "impossible". Probably wouldn't appear on a Star Fox stage, but it'd be cool to see in general, aha.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Monster Hunter does have some pretty great tracks and considering there's now a Capcom character in Smash, it wouldn't necessarily be "impossible". Probably wouldn't appear on a Star Fox stage, but it'd be cool to see in general, aha.
Yeah, the idea of a fighter rep from Monster Hunter has never been a feasible idea to me, and even so Capcom has plenty of reps now as it is, and the two we have are their best icons really. I'd love for Monster Hunter to get some representation though. An AT perhaps, there's lots of opportunities for some interesting ATs be it bomb laying felynes or one of the monsters. Or maybe at least some MH music being featured on other stages like I said, if there's nowhere else for them. Heh, imagine a whole actual MH stage though. I could see it being a stage hazard hell.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the idea of a fighter rep from Monster Hunter has never been a feasible idea to me, and even so Capcom has plenty of reps now as it is, and the two we have are their best icons really. I'd love for Monster Hunter to get some representation though. An AT perhaps, there's lots of opportunities for some interesting ATs be it bomb laying felynes or one of the monsters. Or maybe at least some MH music being featured on other stages like I said, if there's nowhere else for them. Heh, imagine a whole actual MH stage though. I could see it being a stage hazard hell.
I can imagine a Monster Hunter stage would be similar to the Xenoblade one, but even more of a danger zone. And the Xenoblade stage is pretty bad as it is with the giant killer robots and all. Personally though I don't like the stages that are too gimmicky, so I'd rather have a stage where I could admire the Monster Hunter scenery with just the odd small obstacle here and there.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I can imagine a Monster Hunter stage would be similar to the Xenoblade one, but even more of a danger zone. And the Xenoblade stage is pretty bad as it is with the giant killer robots and all. Personally though I don't like the stages that are too gimmicky, so I'd rather have a stage where I could admire the Monster Hunter scenery with just the odd small obstacle here and there.
Well, you'd want at least a monster cameo, though it would be unusual if the monster didn't interact at least once. Perhaps if it just attacked once and left and it was easy to see coming. Like a Rathalos flying out of the background and sweeping the fighters like Rayquaza and firing a fireball before leaving. Just a thought.

Pretty far off topic now, aren't we?

Here's a fun thought... what if before Zero's release or right after we got a Star Fox Adventures HD or VC release announced to follow Zero. Would really be a boon for Krystal since it would prove she's still relevant to Nintendo and increase the odds that they're considering her for Smash. It would also increase the odds of other things like an Adventure's stage perhaps.

I'm sure we'll get an Adventure's rerelease at some point, but I'm not sure if it'll be any time soon. If it was something big like an actual HD remake like they did with Windwaker, that would be amazing. Then again, if it got the full reimagining treatment like Zero is of 64 then that would be bigger yet, but something like that is less likely and probably a long ways off if it did happen.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Here's a fun thought... what if before Zero's release or right after we got a Star Fox Adventures HD or VC release announced to follow Zero. Would really be a boon for Krystal since it would prove she's still relevant to Nintendo and increase the odds that they're considering her for Smash. It would also increase the odds of other things like an Adventure's stage perhaps.

I'm sure we'll get an Adventure's rerelease at some point, but I'm not sure if it'll be any time soon. If it was something big like an actual HD remake like they did with Windwaker, that would be amazing. Then again, if it got the full reimagining treatment like Zero is of 64 then that would be bigger yet, but something like that is less likely and probably a long ways off if it did happen.
I'm not sure what the likelihood of a HD remake would be honestly. They'd probably choose a GameCube game like Mario Sunshine first, but saying that I don't think a VC release would be as far away as you may think. I wouldn't be surprised if the NX got GameCube releases pretty early on.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what the likelihood of a HD remake would be honestly. They'd probably choose a GameCube game like Mario Sunshine first, but saying that I don't think a VC release would be as far away as you may think. I wouldn't be surprised if the NX got GameCube releases pretty early on.
Yeah, I'm a bit surprised we didn't get another HD Gamecube title announced last E3. There's a lot of things I was surprised didn't get announced at this last E3.

Lets see what PAX tells us. It's just a day away now. Sounds like Shovel Knight is likely to have his latest game release on Wii U and the Amiibo support things sounds more likely than it did before, but there's no true connection to Smash with any of this. We'll see though. Could be far more surprises in store.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm a bit surprised we didn't get another HD Gamecube title announced last E3. There's a lot of things I was surprised didn't get announced at this last E3.

Lets see what PAX tells us. It's just a day away now. Sounds like Shovel Knight is likely to have his latest game release on Wii U and the Amiibo support things sounds more likely than it did before, but there's no true connection to Smash with any of this. We'll see though. Could be far more surprises in store.
I read somewhere they were planning on getting GC games on the WiiU but never carried it out for whatever reason, kinda sucks since they could release Adventures and Assault than leave everyone with just Command to deal with, i'm sure 64 will get put on there soon, but it'd be twice as helpful to get the other two up. Everyone knows why the snes game wont ever appear, if not it's because of the legal dispute with the FX chip.

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
Lol I correctly predicted Rainbow Mika to be in SFV, when i woke up i thought i was in a dream.

All of 4chan and the SF community said she was unimportant and all the stuff they say about krystal here, fap bait all that stuff.

But i had some hunches based on Ono's personality, and again right on the head, i still havent been wrong about my predictions, Looks like my hopes for krystal being confirmed are raised. I'm on a hot streak. Looks like i'll be on my main account then after all.

Edit: The shovel knight leak looks highly likely now, the leak thread actually had the leaker speak with the mods, they are believing that it is legit.

If thats the case.

Western characters are no problem for sakurai.
"unimportant" stuff deemed by the community? Sakurai doesn't care, if it appeals to him it appeals to him, today is a good day.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Lol I correctly predicted Rainbow Mika to be in SFV, when i woke up i thought i was in a dream.

All of 4chan and the SF community said she was unimportant and all the stuff they say about krystal here, fap bait all that stuff.

But i had some hunches based on Ono's personality, and again right on the head, i still havent been wrong about my predictions, Looks like my hopes for krystal being confirmed are raised. I'm on a hot streak. Looks like i'll be on my main account then after all.

Edit: The shovel knight leak looks highly likely now, the leak thread actually had the leaker speak with the mods, they are believing that it is legit.

If thats the case.

"unimportant" stuff deemed by the community? Sakurai doesn't care, if it appeals to him it appeals to him, today is a good day.
Last I checked, the leak is only that the Amiibo is real. Not that it's Smash related necessarily. If there's evidence that it's actually Smash related beyond speculation, I'd like to see that.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07

I saw the Shovel Knight Amiibo and looks legit. This is the first time we get an indie character gets an Amiibo. But from the looks of it, I doubt he would be used in Smash 4 unless if he makes it in.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I saw the Shovel Knight Amiibo and looks legit. This is the first time we get an indie character gets an Amiibo. But from the looks of it, I doubt he would be used in Smash 4 unless if he makes it in.
Alot of people are thinking placeholder, I personally think if the mods believe it, there is credibility.

Also hello, I am Dark pit, this here is my main account. (yes i was premium so its allowed)

I'll be using this one from now on, hype got to me.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Alot of people are thinking placeholder, I personally think if the mods believe it, there is credibility.

Also hello, I am Dark pit, this here is my main account. (yes i was premium so its allowed)

I'll be using this one from now on, hype got to me.
StarWarrior, it's you. I thought you had left with DarkKry.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
StarWarrior, it's you. I thought you had left with DarkKry.
I wanted to relax and stuff, but i couldnt get this hunch away so i stayed and lurked as another.

But the hype today is too much, i'm sure if krystal is revealed, it'll get everyone back here, even the 08 supporters. And the salt will be 10x mika + SK combined. But it will be glorious vindication.

EDIT: Also, a source from the leak says that SK will be announced tonight, but grain of salt and all that.

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Thanks!

...and I was doing it before it was cool, lol. Just sayin~

Truth is, I didn't feel like changing my sig but I wanted to be sure my Krystal support was always evident, so I changed my avatar shortly after becoming active in this thread. The avatar is actually a slightly altered screen cap... I made Krystal look "through the screen". Before this I had a Zelda avatar with a similar expression. Using a similar expression was no accident and having Krystal look at you just made this Krystal image feel like the "Krystal version" of my older Zelda avatar.

I'll be honest, with so many Krystal avatars in this thread now, I kind of miss my Zelda avatar. My Krystal avatar "thing" isn't as unique as it once was. I think when I joined this thread, @ ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox was the only other regular poster with a Krystal avatar and it happens to be the same Krystal in Wolfheart's sig. Although @ArcaneKitsune had the same avatar when I became active in this thread as he does now and it has Fox and Krystal. Oh, and I guess @DeathFox137 had a Krystal avatar the first time I saw him... I think. Still, wasn't until I had been here a couple weeks that I first ran into him as I recall.

Edit: Okay, so I just looked up "ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox"s profile since I hadn't seen them in a while... apparently they've barely posted at all since I've been around! Why do I have such a clear memory of this poster and feel like I've seen them around a bunch at one point. Maybe they liked a lot of my posts. Weird. But yeah, they were around when I became active here, even if just to mostly lurk and like I guess.
I don't post as much anymore. Not at all recently but I still come in and read up on whats going on.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Seeing that the thread has been a bit quite recently I'll bring another question just for a good read/discussion :laugh:

Question: What are your all time favorite videogames?

In no particular order (beacuse I can't decide)
10. The world ends with you (Favortite DS game there's probably not a single game with a fighting mecanic quite like it OST is SWEET)
9. Mother 3 (Favorite GBA game the story is really touching one of my favorite videogame stories, gameplay and soundtrack surpass Earthbound)
8. Earthbound (Favorite SNES game I think this game did have a better sense of adventuring really you'll be visiting many strange places and the games ending man...)
7 The legend of Zelda ocarina of time ( I gotta be honest I like this game so much because of my memories with it its the first game I remember playing back when I was 4 it also had some of my fav dungeons like the bottom of the well Fire temple OST is pretty nostalgic)
6 Super Mario 64 (Fav n64 game also my favorite mario game, why? because you can throw baby penguins to the abyss thats why!)
5. Xenoblade Chronicles (Favorite Wii game I'll even say favorite game of the generation I love the story its epic! the OST is one the best ones I have ever heard and the combat its also pretty fun, also the art team nailed the scenarios I so want XCX now..)
4. Super Smash bros for Wii U (I don't know about you guys but I really think this is the best smash bros so far Melee felt 2fast4me brawl was too floaty this game has the right amount of speed I desired and the biggest roster so far it also introduced a lot of unique fighters I liked)
3. Fire emblem awakening ( my favorite 3DS/Fire emblem game so far I liked the additions here, naming weapons, marry characters change classes, DLC maps were pretty cool too because you fight character from previous games this is also the most emotive game in the series I've played)
2. Kirby 64 the crystal shards (I had conflict deciding which Kirby game should I include I've played and enjoyed most of them but I found this to be my favorite because the fusion mechanic (you vould fuse diffrent powers into one) and the challenge of getting everything every shard, every card it also had one of the most epic final boss battles in a Kirby game also adeline I really liked her)
1. Super mario bros 3 ( My first NES game also the most difficult I played at the time)

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Seeing that the thread has been a bit quite recently I'll bring another question just for a good read/discussion :laugh:

10. The world ends with you (Favortite DS game there's probably not a single game with a fighting mecanic quite like it OST is SWEET)
9. Mother 3 (Favorite GBA game the story is really touching one of my favorite videogame stories, gameplay and soundtrack surpass Earthbound)
8. Earthbound (Favorite SNES game I think this game did have a better sense of adventuring really you'll be visiting many strange places and the games ending man...)
7 The legend of Zelda ocarina of time ( I gotta be honest I like this game so much because of my memories with it its the first game I remember playing back when I was 4 it also had some of my fav dungeons like the bottom of the well Fire temple OST is pretty nostalgic)
6 Super Mario 64 (Fav n64 game also my favorite mario game, why? because you can throw baby penguins to the abyss thats why!)
5. Xenoblade Chronicles (Favorite Wii game I'll even say favorite game of the generation I love the story its epic! the OST is one the best ones I have ever heard and the combat its also pretty fun, also the art team nailed the scenarios I so want XCX now..)
4. Super Smash bros for Wii U (I don't know about you guys but I really think this is the best smash bros so far Melee felt 2fast4me brawl was too floaty this game has the right amount of speed I desired and the biggest roster so far it also introduced a lot of unique fighters I liked)
3. Fire emblem awakening ( my favorite 3DS/Fire emblem game so far I liked the additions here, naming weapons, marry characters change classes, DLC maps were pretty cool too because you fight character from previous games this is also the most emotive game in the series I've played)
That's off topic.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

I'm not listing them all, but Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Omega Ruby are my top 1 and 2 video games respectively. Don't judge me.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

2. Kirby 64 the crystal shards (I had conflict deciding which Kirby game should I include I've played and enjoyed most of them but I found this to be my favorite because the fusion mechanic (you vould fuse diffrent powers into one) and the challenge of getting everything every shard, every card it also had one of the most epic final boss battles in a Kirby game also adeline I really liked her)
1. Super mario bros 3 ( My first NES game also the most difficult I played at the time)
Nice list. I tear up everytime I play Mother 3. The slogan is "No crying until the end"... Easier said than done. I have a hard time deciding which is better between this and Earthbound. I thought Jeff was the overall more useful character without PSI abilities. Boney is literally a dog who can use items and Duster's tricks are so boring imo. Neither of them were as fun to develop and use as Jeff was, who winds up being a powerhouse due to multibottle rocket and his collection of gadgets. Duster and Boney also had all their skills right out of the box, which sucked the fun out of grinding for me.

My overall favorite game is Okami. It's so beautiful. I think the "Zelda knockoff" label is underselling it in a huge way, because if it were a Zelda, it would have been the best one I've ever played. My favorite fangame as of right now is Crusade because it has Krystal (had keep this somewhat on topic) and I like the way she turned out. :nervous:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
I was thinking about including Okami really but there were just many were I got stuck Really I got stuck a lot of times there but it was a pleasent experince a very VERY LONG experience.

I too liked how Krystal turned out to be I'm staring to get good at this game doing arial combos and stuff, her taunt is kinda akward though.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I have an idea for a stage for Krystal:
Krazoa Palace: With Sharpclaws and Wind Lifts as stage hazards
Music:
Sauria-Star Fox Assault
Jetbike-Star Fox Adventures
Galdon-Star Fox Adventures
Dragon Rock- Adventures
Andross- Adventures
Vs Sauria- Assault
Meteo- Adventures

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I was thinking about including Okami really but there were just many were I got stuck Really I got stuck a lot of times there but it was a pleasent experince a very VERY LONG experience.
Yeah, I cheated too and went straight for a FAQ. I'm regretting that a little. The experience is always made better by overcoming an obstacle on your own.

I too liked how Krystal turned out to be I'm staring to get good at this game doing arial combos and stuff, her taunt is kinda akward though.
Looking good! *hair flip*

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I should've just mentioned the guy in comparison to this person who removed and blocked the few users, but it reminds me of Tom Preston who (and still does) at one point did the same thing by deleting and blocking anyone that disagreed with him, and he's notorious for doing a ton of horrible things as well. He at one point complained over Mario, Zelda, and Metroid as you can see in the image, and he also complained over the anniversary comic of Nintendo Power for having the character Nester age. I dont want to derail the topic into this (seriously let's not), but if you're somehow not familiar with him, prepare yourself if you look him up.

In any case back onto the main topic.
Yeah, I know how vile Andrew Dobson (Preston's real name) is.

If thats the case.

Plus in that Krystal interview, Sakurai did say he was consider making Krystal playable, but... eh you know the rest. But him wanting to add her does increase her chances (that, and the fact that he would like to head a new SF game).
Well, you'd want at least a monster cameo, though it would be unusual if the monster didn't interact at least once. Perhaps if it just attacked once and left and it was easy to see coming. Like a Rathalos flying out of the background and sweeping the fighters like Rayquaza and firing a fireball before leaving. Just a thought.

Pretty far off topic now, aren't we?

Eh, I'd prefer Assault (and Command) over Adventures, due to the latter having Krys in a damsel-in-distress role (having her lose her staff before the only time she was playable also added to her horrible treatment in Adventures).

Also, Wind Waker's remake isn't really in HD; it's just filled with Bloom filter (making the HD part false advertising).

Last edited by a moderator:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
(Clicks the Link)
(Finds my new avatar)

This is pretty nice.
Got tired of it already?

I don't post as much anymore. Not at all recently but I still come in and read up on whats going on.
Yeah, I knew I hadn't seen you in a while. I just didn't realize that I'd never really seen you much to begin with. My conclusion is that I probably just noticed you from "likes" and just a few posts, but your name and avatar stuck with me. Helps that Wolfheart's sig is your avatar so I'm constantly reminded of you even when you aren't around, heh.

Plus in that Krystal interview, Sakurai did say he was consider making Krystal playable, but... eh you know the rest. But him wanting to add her does increase her chances (that, and the fact that he would like to head a new SF game).

Eh, I'd prefer Assault (and Command) over Adventures, due to the latter having Krys in a damsel-in-distress role (having her lose her staff before the only time she was playable also added to her horrible treatment in Adventures).

Also, Wind Waker's remake isn't really in HD; it's just filled with Bloom filter (making the HD part false advertising).
I only mentioned it because after Zero, it would be next chronologically. Whether it would be the same or exist at all in that timeline is a total unknown however. Even so, the timing for it on VC or as a graphical update would be right.

And I'd still buy an "Adventures HD" if it got the Wind Waker treatment. Looks better even if it's just some filter and I get to play Adventures on the Wii U. Plus the potential for more content if even just a little. Ideally, it would get a more real "HD" remake, or like others have mentioned maybe even a lot more additional content and perhaps some story changes, but then it would be more akin to Zero in relation to 64 than it would be to a remake possibly.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
So, i'mma start up another topic to talk about, because why not.

How would you feel if a "Star Fox Command 2" was announced on the 3DS? I think it's pretty safe to assume that a lot of people share my option on the fact that game was not at all perfect, but what if it was the same premise as Command, but done in a way that works?

Let's say they did the following:

.Replace the silly Animal Crossing voices with actual voice actors

.Get someone competent in story telling to actually write a story that isn't cheesy and keeps your interest

.Include the odd cutscenes here and there, I'm sure the 3DS could handle that

.Allow control of the Arwing via the circle pad, not sure about anyone else but the touch screen controls peeved me off.

.None of this over complicated multiple ending bull, have a bad ending, neutral ending and good (canon) ending

.Touch up the "strategy board" part of the game to make it less boring and maybe less difficult, or add difficulty settings for people who suck at games like me this is just me personally, but I never liked how limited your turns are during that segment. Either scrap the turn system or give more turns at the very least.

.customisable Arwings would be a pretty great feature, both how they physically look and it's skills, such as power, speed, etc, would be a great gimmick for Amiibos, too.

.How about some Landmaster love in da house? The odd Landmaster mission here and there would add variety and keep it fresh. I'd love on foot missions too, but knowing this is a 3DS game, I couldn't possibly expect everything.

.Finally, keep all the good things about Command in tact. Online multiplayer and being able to play as every character comes to mind.

For me, I think that's everything I'd like to see improved upon for a potential sequel. Feel free to add your thoughts on that. Oh, and for people who love Command for what it is, just know I don't think it's an outright terrible game, I still had fun with it, these are just merely things I think would make a potential sequel truly great to play. A lot of the "hate" I gave to Command there was mostly tongue in cheek, so try not to take it too seriously, aha.

Last edited:

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
Have you check the smash ballot results?

Never mind. Just ignore this post.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Here's your reply, thief_of_demons. ^_^
So, i'mma start up another topic to talk about, because why not.

How would you feel if a "Star Fox Command 2" was announced on the 3DS? I think it's pretty safe to assume that a lot of people share my option on the fact that game was not at all perfect, but what if it was the same premise as Command, but done in a way that works?

Let's say they did the following:

.Replace the silly Animal Crossing voices with actual voice actors
Sigh. I hated the chipmunky voices and preferred the alien-like ones that were tailored to each animal in the original Star Fox. Voice actors are fine, but it's real easy to mess those up. You can't unlisten to what has been listened to. Sinister laugh.
.Get someone competent in story telling to actually write a story that isn't cheesy and keeps your interest
Agree. I liked the Anglar idea and the overview, but the drama could have used a little work.
.Include the odd cutscenes here and there, I'm sure the 3DS could handle that
So long as they're skippable!
.Allow control of the Arwing via the circle pad, not sure about anyone else but the touch screen controls peeved me off.
Fully agree.
.None of this over complicated multiple ending bull, have a bad ending, neutral ending and good (canon) ending
A strategy game I loved had multiple endings depending on your chaos frame, which measured the number of virtuous choices you made at key points in the game to the number of "evil" ones. It was well done and really helped the replay value. I don't think multiple endings in of themselves are the embodiment of death, taxes and the telemarketer at dinner time. They just have to be handled correctly.

That said, I think Star Fox is best left with a single assertive ending. Like, this is the way it's going to be! To anyone who doesn't like it, get out! We need solid endings for the story to progress when it comes time for the all important sequels. =3
.Touch up the "strategy board" part of the game to make it less boring and maybe less difficult, or add difficulty settings for people who suck at games like me this is just me personally, but I never liked how limited your turns are during that segment. Either scrap the turn system or give more turns at the very least.
I suck at games too. There's a reason I play For Fun and not For Glory like 99% of the time. :sadeyes:
Anyway, yeah, agree.
.customisable Arwings would be a pretty great feature, both how they physically look and it's skills, such as power, speed, etc, would be a great gimmick for Amiibos, too.
Super agree!
.How about some Landmaster love in da house? The odd Landmaster mission here and there would add variety and keep it fresh. I'd love on foot missions too, but knowing this is a 3DS game, I couldn't possibly expect everything.
I'd be content with some vehicle variety. Foot missions aren't a must-have on my end. :)
.Finally, keep all the good things about Command in tact. Online multiplayer and being able to play as every character comes to mind.
I'm so glad you're not one of those people who thinks Command has no redeeming qualities. It sounds like you gave it an honest chance.
For me, I think that's everything I'd like to see improved upon for a potential sequel. Feel free to add your thoughts on that. Oh, and for people who love Command for what it is, just know I don't think it's an outright terrible game, I still had fun with it, these are just merely things I think would make a potential sequel truly great to play. A lot of the "hate" I gave to Command there was mostly tongue in cheek, so try not to take it too seriously, aha.
Thanks for this splendid review. I had as much fun picking it apart as you did writing it! :p
Have you check the smash ballot results?

Never mind. Just ignore this post.
You know something we don't know. Give us the deets!

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
I just read the announcement of the main menu. It's nothing. Just a reminder to go to the ballot.

We stil dont have the results.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And won't for at least a month.

Top Bottom