• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Press up, down, up on d-pad (taunts) to turn from Samus to Zero Suit Samus in-game

lengeta

Smash Ace
Holy ****. Yeah, WAAAAY hard. I can barely do it on 2/3 speed, and can't at normal speed.

Doesn't look like it works from ZSS to Samus. I tried several taunt combinations to no avail.

M.K

Level 55
^LAWL, I burnt a hole straight through the center of my hand playing Mario Party with that thing. Stupid "Rotate the Control Stick"!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
N64 control stick literally took layers of skin off my thumb.

Good times :p

So it seems like it can't be used to turn back into Samus? Hmm. Odd. *Takes note of*

Monsty

Smash Rookie
I know it's nonsensical, but have you guys tried starting a match as ZSS and then doing it? You know, in case there's some sort of timer on it...might as well exhaust all options before declaring ZSS to Samus a no-go. :)

But yeah, I doubt it, too.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
^LAWL, I burnt a hole straight through the center of my hand playing Mario Party with that thing. Stupid "Rotate the Control Stick"!
That and some mini games in pokemon staium destroyed one of my N64 controllers, and several layers of my skin.

Just like that darned NES controller, my poor poor thumbs:(

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
Not that hard, but too hard to be practical mid-match, at least on my GC controller. Takes me maybe 15 seconds each time.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I always felt sorry for Fox there. His arm was having a complete uncontrollable spasm, like that guy (Ashi-taka (silly censor >.>; )) from Princess Mononoke.

But at least he can see through eyes unclouded by hate or something.

PilotEvan

Smash Journeyman
In fact, it's probably just like Fox's old secret taunt. For his, you had to press it for exactly one frame. This one is probably similar, but obviously 3 frames or a little bit more (due to 3 input commands).

pirkid

Smash Lord
If you start as Samus changing into ZSS:
1. Holding down R Before the match starts. (Before)
2. Using the Final Smash (During)
3. Taunt-forming (During)

ZSS into Samus:
1. Using Final Smash (During)
2. Taunt-forming (During)

They probably needed more ways to start as ZSS.

Look at PT and Shiek. You can easily change those on the char. select screen. You can't do that with ZSS.
Well, you have to wait until the game starts. Mindgames, son.

This wouldn't work for someone like Shiek, because the transform time is too long now, giving the opponent a free attack.

Same with PT.

ZSS, however, can do it quick, and if you have the Taunt-form mastered, I imagine you can trip a lot of people out like this.

Robble

Smash Cadet
I assume that someone has tried choosing Samus, using the UpDownUp to become Zamus, and then lost a life to see who you respawn as? My wish would have been that it was easier to do and you respawned as Samus if you chose her, so you could change back and forth during tourney matches if you really wanted. I wonder if there are any button remaps that would make it easier without sacrificing anything, say on the classic controller where you have one extra button.

RedLink555

Smash Cadet
Sakurai breathed life into the option of playing as Zero suit samus in tourneys. i thougth that was nice.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
O.O *Crawls into fetal position twidling his fingers* Oh the pain... ohhhh.......

sv3

Smash Apprentice
I assume that someone has tried choosing Samus, using the UpDownUp to become Zamus, and then lost a life to see who you respawn as?
Does anyone have any info on this?

Takuthehedgehog

Smash Cadet
I think this is a good thing for Power Suit Samus mains. Say a Smash Ball comes onscreen, but you want to keep playing as Power Suit Samus. Obviously you don't want your opponents to get a Smash Ball, so you get the Smash Ball, then do up-down-up to change to Zero Suit Samus, then use your Final Smash to change back to Power Suit Samus.

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have any info on this?
You respawn as ZSS.

Actually that was since you can already play as ZSS by holding R after you select her. But then again we don't really know what that guy was thinking so who knows how stupid it really is.
You can hold L or R after selecting her to start as ZSS.

Top Bottom