• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
where?

anyway, i think zelda is gonna transform.,.. what i don't know....

Wiseguy really has the most accurate roster i have seen
The translation for the final Special move reads: "Twilight Change (Original Twilight version of Shiek transformation)" A rough translation says "Twilight version Seek Transformation". Seek is the Japanese version of Shiek

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
I Agree, Just admit it jimmy, Even if it's not the DOJO This info totally helped her and all, ;p
I already said that this does highten Sheik's chances, but this does not constitute confirmation, however I will give Sheik the benifit of the doubt. He/She/It/Potato's got a pretty good chance, but this doesn't mean that Sheik will be in the game. People need to stop being so sure of themselves when they don't know things for sure.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
That Sonic find was pure Gold
Thanks. :)

Really good I only disagree with a few small things.

1. Only 2 star fox characters. I thinkt here will be at least 3, Fox Krystal and Falco or Wolf. My guess would be Falco.

2. Every pokemon you have shown is first gen....Really as popular as the first Gen was I think Nintendo would have some problems with no current gen reps. Remember as awesome a game Brawl is in itself, it's also a great marketing tool for Nintendo.
1) Definitely a likely possibility. I hope you are correct, as I am a SF fan.

2) Here's the thing though, including a new gen like Lucario most likely spells doom for Jiggs or Mewtwo. Because if seven Pokemon get in Brawl, I may have a heart attack.

In todays update Olimar's standard B was revealed to be the Pikmin pluck which makes me wonder how Kirby will benefit from that move. I think the Pikmin will have their own A.I which means they will fight on their own.
I suspect all Pikmin have a basic artificial intelligence, so that seems like a safe assumption.

Wiseguy, just so you know, you have Isaac on both your main list and "Runners Up: Part 2" list. I certainly agree that the only thing better than Isaac in Brawl would be two Isaacs in Brawl, but I don't see it happening. :p
Oops! Thought I fixed that...

Also, I think that Olimar's status is slightly better than, "Very Likely." ;)
Yeah, I'm leaving it that way so people can see that I predicted Olimar before his confirmation. I have a new profile for him under my "Master List of Successes And Failures" which is conveniently located at the bottom of my roster.

Wiseguy really has the most accurate roster i have seen
Thank you, sir. :)

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I agree that nothing short of Sakurai's word or actual screenshots from the game can be considered 100%

HOWEVER, this is about as close to a confirmation as you can get short of a screenshot.
Zelda so far appears to have all her old moves. The move itself names Sheik right there in the description, a fact confirmed by multiple translators.
And remeber that Eiji Aonuma interview?
The man confessed to working on new Sheik designs for Brawl, and now we've got a move that appears to be a Twilight Princess re-design of the the Sheik transformation? It seem to me like we just found out what all that design work was needed for.

I can't be the only one who wants to see what a Twilight Princess version of Sheik would look like, can I?

Igneous42

Smash Ace
The corocoro card seems legit. The same cards which 'leaked' Zelda's moves also leaked Ivysaurs moves as well. It lists his side special as razor leaf, which has been confirmed as true in screenshots.
There's no reason to assume that Corocoro is making this up, and all signs point to this being legit.

Check the leak yourself. It's right there on the front page of Brawl Central. The move addresses Sheik by name AND uses the word transformation in it's description.
Not really, Brawl Central did a bad job of jumping to conculsions on that. The actual translation reads "Twilight Change (Original Twilight version of Sheik transformation)" which they for some reason too to mean, Sheik is in the game. However nothing there actually states that Sheik is in the game, it just confirms that Zelda has a change.

They read it wrong in other words. In English they read it wrong. What they did was take a phrase like "The whopper is an original Burger King version of Mcdonald's big Mac" that doesn't mean the Whopper is a Big Mac. And sorry for the random good metaphore

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
I agree that nothing short of Sakurai's word or actual screenshots from the game can be considered 100%

HOWEVER, this is about as close to a confirmation as you can get short of a screenshot.
Zelda so far appears to have all her old moves. The move itself names Sheik right there in the description, a fact confirmed by multiple translators.
And remeber that Eiji Aonuma interview?
The man confessed to working on new Sheik designs for Brawl, and now we've got a move that appears to be a Twilight Princess re-design of the the Sheik transformation? It seem to me like we just found out what all that design work was needed for.

I can't be the only one who wants to see what a Twilight Princess version of Sheik would look like, can I?
Yeah, Sheik's probability is definitely now over 50% or summat of the like, and I can see him/her/it/potato getting in, and I suppose that all the evidence points to the contrary. I guess Sheik's chances of getting into Brawl are all too good.

And yeah, I'd like to see a Twilight version of Sheik, heck, I wanted a Twilight version of every character imaginable, ranging from Skullkid (Which I did get) to Tingle (Which I kinda got)

Arteen

Smash Lord
They read it wrong in other words. In English they read it wrong. What they did was take a phrase like "The whopper is an original Burger King version of Mcdonald's big Mac" that doesn't mean the Whopper is a Big Mac. And sorry for the random good metaphore
So, Sheik is the Big Mac, Zelda's new transformation is the Whopper, and Midna is a Wendy's squareburger? Did I get the analogy correct? Now I'm hungry. :(

Igneous42

Smash Ace
So, Sheik is the Big Mac, Zelda's new transformation is the Whopper, and Midna is a Wendy's squareburger? Did I get the analogy correct? Now I'm hungry. :(
Are you saying Midna's a square? Cause I thought she was pretty cool....and the point of the analogy wasn't to say each char is represented by some food item, it was to make you hungry.

No, it was to point out that saying there is a twilight princess version of the sheik transformation doesn't necessarily mean that it is a sheik transformation. Rather it means she transforms just like sheik does.

However I should also state that I do believe it is a redesigned TP Sheik, but I wouldn't say it's official yet.

And as for not believing any sources other than Dojo...that's being a little extreme. Sure don't believe random prophets. But thing like CoCoro are big magazines that only publish official info. Not believing them (unless they state it as a rumor or not official) is like saying exclusive content in EGM is fake because it's not the developer saying it.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
But a Whopper is still a burger, right? It's just a different STYLE of burger.
Or, to put it another way: How could ANY version of a Sheik transformation not have Sheik?
It might be a different Sheik... in fact, the translation seems to suggest that it is a different version of Sheik than we've seen before, but it seems like a Sheik transformation would have to have SOME form or another of Sheik.

Still, it isn't outside the realm of possibility that Sheik is somehow absent from her own transformation, so we can't really know 100% until an official announcement.
However: this down special, combined with what we already know about Aonuma working on Sheik's design for Brawl, and my own assumptions that it would be easier to bring back Sheik than create some new twilight version of Zelda, is enough for me. I'm going to go ahead and call this one in favor of Sheik.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Not really, Brawl Central did a bad job of jumping to conculsions on that. The actual translation reads "Twilight Change (Original Twilight version of Sheik transformation)" which they for some reason too to mean, Sheik is in the game. However nothing there actually states that Sheik is in the game, it just confirms that Zelda has a change.

Actually, the translation read something like "Zelda's tranformation into Seek", where I read that seek is the jaanese name for sheik.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...Now to post it in Here...

My prediction...

PROF. HECTOR!!!

Uses ROB to attack

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Just to let all of you know, 'Twilight Change' was proved to be a hoax. There was no mention of it anywhere in CoroCoro. Zelda's character card doesn't list her Down B. It's still unknown at this point...

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
...Now to post it in Here...

My prediction...

PROF. HECTOR!!!

Uses ROB to attack
This seem tohave been overlooked by people here. I think that in SSE, that Prof. Hector would be in controlof the R.O.B elite and perhaps even be a sub-boss if not a full out boss. I can just see it now, you're attacked by near-invincible R.O.Bs and the only way to shut them down is to attack the Professor. Brilliant!

But for a PC, I'm afraid it's kind of unlikely. A character controlling a character is kinda PT's thing and the R.O.Bs have already been shown to be no more than sentries in SSE.

However, Hector as a boss? Nice.

Metaknight X said:
Just to let all of you know, 'Twilight Change' was proved to be a hoax. There was no mention of it anywhere in CoroCoro. Zelda's character card doesn't list her Down B. It's still unknown at this point...
Well, there you have it. A hoax. I bet a slim few people actually went out of there way to actually read the CoroCoro Cards to verify this rather than just take the word of a fan site. I told everyone that you can't believe anything that's not straight from the horse's mouth. Everybody was saying such arrogant stuff like "Sheik will be in Brawl nowz!" and guess what? The evidence was as real as a flying Narwhal that can sing classic Italian opera, that is to say, not at all.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Well, there you have it. A hoax. I bet a slim few people actually went out of there way to actually read the CoroCoro Cards to verify this rather than just take the word of a fan site. I told everyone that you can't believe anything that's not straight from the horse's mouth. Everybody was saying such arrogant stuff like "Sheik will be in Brawl nowz!" and guess what? The evidence was as real as a flying Narwhal that can sing classic Italian opera, that is to say, not at all.
I have one of those in my basement... but you're right, Sheik is back to being an uncertainty.

**** I wish they'd reveal her Down B already.

Chaotix27

Smash Rookie
Hey Wiseguy, even if you're not changing the characters on your list anymore, you could still update Olimar so he has a Brawl picture and it says confirmed instead of very likely...

Tatanga4Brawl

Smash Apprentice
This seem tohave been overlooked by people here. I think that in SSE, that Prof. Hector would be in controlof the R.O.B elite and perhaps even be a sub-boss if not a full out boss. I can just see it now, you're attacked by near-invincible R.O.Bs and the only way to shut them down is to attack the Professor. Brilliant!

But for a PC, I'm afraid it's kind of unlikely. A character controlling a character is kinda PT's thing and the R.O.Bs have already been shown to be no more than sentries in SSE.

However, Hector as a boss? Nice.
OOOOR... What if Prof. Hector IS the Ancient Minister???:eek:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
"2) Here's the thing though, including a new gen like Lucario most likely spells doom for Jiggs or Mewtwo. Because if seven Pokemon get in Brawl, I may have a heart attack."

Cut mewtwo then wise. ;D

Or jiggs.

Oh wait, Lolz final version.

And yeah, SHIEK LEAK IS FALSE.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, bummer, the Sheik thing was false... still, everything else about the Zelda moves leak was right; the names of her special, her final smash, all of it. Zelda's card looked legit (because it was), so I assumed the translation was accurate to some degree.

Still, the very fact that they deliberately leave out Zelda's down special is suspect. They're hiding something...

In retrospect, the idea that her down special would even have an explanation on the card, much less one that mentions Sheik, seems wonky. I probably should have picked up on the warning signs right there.
But, you know, the idea of a twilight princess redesign for Sheik was just too cool.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, bummer, the Sheik thing was false... still, everything else about the Zelda moves leak was right; the names of her special, her final smash, all of it. Zelda's card looked legit (because it was), so I assumed the translation was accurate to some degree.

Still, the very fact that they deliberately leave out Zelda's down special is suspect. They're hiding something...
No, actually they got those wrong. They clamed they were named after Eldin and such, when they are named after Din, and such

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace

Yeah, I suspect that there is one of two things happening: 1: Sakuraai is keeping Sheik a secret, whihc I find particularly unlikely, as Sheik really wouldn't be such a big treat, nor a surprise any more than any other character that's returning, so I suspect 2: Which is where the guys at the studio are battling whether or not to either put in Sheik or give Zelda a down B. It just is a lose-lose. On one hand, you have a returning character in a cool style that people will be pleased with, on the other other hand, you've just torn the continuity of the Zelda series apart and tossed in a character that everyone horded for it's power and dwarfed Zelda as a character. How do you solve that? Testing. They check with some people in a test, check with the big wigs of the Zelda series and come up with an answer.

But yeah, they're either building the hype, or battling two sides.

In retrospect, the idea that her down special would even have an explanation on the card, much less one that mentions Sheik, seems wonky. I probably should have picked up on the warning signs right there.
But, you know, the idea of a twilight princess redesign for Sheik was just too cool.
I saw that coming. I can't believe that I told so many people to only buy stuff that's on the DOJO and what did I get? A load of guff. I hate to say I told you so's, but to everyone who totally disregarded me and told me stuff like "Sheik's in the game, get over it.":

I TOLD YOU SO!!

No, actually they got those wrong. They clamed they were named after Eldin and such, when they are named after Din, and such
So now we've come to an old fashioned standstill when it comes to Sheik's chances. He/She/It/Potato could get in, but just as easily couldn't.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
What about waiting months for Zelda's Final Smash and special moves and have not yet been revealed?

What does that tell you?
Did you even read the entire post? Look here:

Yeah, I suspect that there is one of two things happening: 1: Sakuraai is keeping Sheik a secret, whihc I find particularly unlikely, as Sheik really wouldn't be such a big treat, nor a surprise any more than any other character that's returning, so I suspect 2: Which is where the guys at the studio are battling whether or not to either put in Sheik or give Zelda a down B. It just is a lose-lose. On one hand, you have a returning character in a cool style that people will be pleased with, on the other other hand, you've just torn the continuity of the Zelda series apart and tossed in a character that everyone horded for it's power and dwarfed Zelda as a character. How do you solve that? Testing. They check with some people in a test, check with the big wigs of the Zelda series and come up with an answer.

But yeah, they're either building the hype, or battling two sides.
It also tells me that perhaps Sakurai is distributing the updates for less shown characters. Hey, I'd much rather see Ridley than see Zelda's Final Smash, but that's just me.

Chepe

Smash Lord
But remember, Sakurai might be under the impression that Sheik's new design IS a treat he wants to keep secret. Remember that if she is in, she will be TP'd. Her design might be drastically different or glorious, and thus he might want us personally to use Zelda's Down B...

Either way, Zelda's Down B issues were likely settled months ago, or perhaps even a year ago. It's definitely been final for a while now, so there's no issue of uncertainty about it to them.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
@Chepe: The only people who woud truly enjoy the surprise would be the japanese, and the people that don't go on the internet. It seriously wouldn't make a difference, and if he posted it up, it would be fair for everyone.

Top Bottom