• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
My initial thought was Wiseguy was kidding, I mean at one point the list had a head for a character, but I'm glad Olimar made it, and now puppy's can stop dying.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
It does my heart good to hear you guys are excited about Olimar. I'm STILL living is disbelief. This is the most excited I've ever been for a newcomer, no joke.

Ummm... Dude, update the Olimar section. Waitwaitwait... Here's a pic and caption for you:

CRANK DAT OLIMAR!!!
Nice, but I think my caption is better. Check it out at the bottom of my roster: Olimar is in my new "Master List of Wiseguy's Successes and Failures."

Darn, I Really wanted it to be something olimar related or marth. D:
Oh well, I actually enjoyed this update. Aside from Giga Bowser, this is my favorite Final Smash yet.

My initial thought was Wiseguy was kidding, I mean at one point the list had a head for a character, but I'm glad Olimar made it, and now puppy's can stop dying.
Ah, Kawahima. I almost regret taking him off. He'd be so awesome in Brawl.

Arteen

Smash Lord
It does my heart good to hear you guys are excited about Olimar. I'm STILL living is disbelief. This is the most excited I've ever been for a newcomer, no joke.
I'd be excited if it weren't for:
1) Olimar was a shoo-in. He was the most obvious newcomer.
2) His moveset, where Pikmin follow him around and he uses them to attack, was predictable as well.
3) Olimar was a shoo-in. There was no way that he wouldn't be playable.

Basically, it was a waste of an update because we were told exact what we all should have expected. :p I'm still hoping for Isaac.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
i think it would have been better if they kept Olimar a secret/unlockable
it doesn't matter now, but i think he would have been more respectable
if he was unlockable

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
Shiek was "confirmed" to be Zelda's Down+B today in Gen. Brawl Discussion.

Also,

1+1+1+3 = 6
it's confirmed that she has a "Twilight Transformation".
But I'm sure we don't know what she transforms into.(I'm hoping for midna)

Machete

Smash Ace
1) Olimar was a shoo-in. He was the most obvious newcomer.
Ridley and Krystal were more likely. But, yeah, Olimar was an obvious character.

it's confirmed that she has a "Twilight Transformation".
But I'm sure we don't know what she transforms into.(I'm hoping for midna)
Zelda transforming into Midna? ...

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Call me crazy, but I think that we will get Captain Falcon and Marth / Luigi in a double update next week.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Really good I only disagree with a few small things.

1. Only 2 star fox characters. I thinkt here will be at least 3, Fox Krystal and Falco or Wolf. My guess would be Falco.

2. Every pokemon you have shown is first gen....Really as popular as the first Gen was I think Nintendo would have some problems with no current gen reps. Remember as awesome a game Brawl is in itself, it's also a great marketing tool for Nintendo.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
In todays update Olimar's standard B was revealed to be the Pikmin pluck which makes me wonder how Kirby will benefit from that move. I think the Pikmin will have their own A.I which means they will fight on their own.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Wiseguy, just so you know, you have Isaac on both your main list and "Runners Up: Part 2" list. I certainly agree that the only thing better than Isaac in Brawl would be two Isaacs in Brawl, but I don't see it happening. :p

Also, I think that Olimar's status is slightly better than, "Very Likely." ;)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Really good I only disagree with a few small things.

1. Only 2 star fox characters. I thinkt here will be at least 3, Fox Krystal and Falco or Wolf. My guess would be Falco.

2. Every pokemon you have shown is first gen....Really as popular as the first Gen was I think Nintendo would have some problems with no current gen reps. Remember as awesome a game Brawl is in itself, it's also a great marketing tool for Nintendo.
For some reason i have a feeling your greatgunganswarior at NS2...

Oh and he needs to add marth.

Call me crazy, but I think that we will get Captain Falcon and Marth / Luigi in a double update next week.
Hopefully we get marth and krystal, That would be awsome.

Come on Krystal!!! :laugh:
And marth.

On WG'S Failure list, I Know only one at least that will come up, "Marth" :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Personally, I'm hoping for the unveiling of "Twilight Shiek" next week...

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
In todays update Olimar's standard B was revealed to be the Pikmin pluck which makes me wonder how Kirby will benefit from that move. I think the Pikmin will have their own A.I which means they will fight on their own.
What I'm thinking is that Krby will pluck out one, that will follow him, and the next time he hits B he'll toss it, as for the AI thing I think that they'll only fight when near a character, but if they get seperated they'll just wander, like in the games.

Personally, I'm hoping for the unveiling of "Twilight Shiek" next week...
But there is no such thing as this quote unquote 'Twilight Sheik' because Twilight Princess had no Sheik. At all. So there would be no Twilight Sheik in Brawl, because there was no Twilight Sheik ever

Captain Falcon, WE NEED YOU!!!

Seriously, where is him?
Next to Luigi and Ganondorf.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What I'm thinking is that Krby will pluck out one, that will follow him, and the next time he hits B he'll toss it, as for the AI thing I think that they'll only fight when near a character, but if they get seperated they'll just wander, like in the games.

But there is no such thing as this quote unquote 'Twilight Sheik' because Twilight Princess had no Sheik. At all. So there would be no Twilight Sheik in Brawl, because there was no Twilight Sheik ever

Next to Luigi and Ganondorf.
Then what the hell do you think "Twilight Change" means?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
The Pikmin will most likely follow Olimar until he attacks, as for AI fighting on their own, it's possible and just think of each Pikmin being able to hold an item. 7 Items at your disposal.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace

Also,

1+1+1+3 = 6
where/ by who?
Well, apparently a Japaneese magazine CoroCoro has supposed 'leaked' moves. Don't believe it folks, if it ait from the Dojo it's a load of crock. There's no proof that this magazine is officiated, and thusly should be treated as (alibeit published) hot air.

'Nuff said.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, apparently a Japaneese magazine CoroCoro has supposed 'leaked' moves. Don't believe it folks, if it ait from the Dojo it's a load of crock. There's no proof that this magazine is officiated, and thusly should be treated as (alibeit published) hot air.

'Nuff said.
If it's Coro Coro, it's official

They said they were going to post them last month anyway

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Then what the hell do you think "Twilight Change" means?
Well, seeing as it is a possible move prophicised by an unofficial magasine which I have yet to see that would, (looking at the fact that this generation of Zelda has nothing to do with Sheik) be impossible.

So yeah, I think that there will be in Sheik in Brawl.

'Nuff said

(P.S: If this is a double post I apologize.)

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
You can believe what you want, but Coro Coro only prints the official information...
That's right, I will only belive stuff right from the scource, because I know first hand that pre-confirmations are usually 99% wrong, and it is general rule of thumb for any logical man that you should only believe the facts and as far as facts go, the official stuff is the only thing you can consider fact, no matter how reliable CoroCoro is most of the time.

As for Sheik, this is not a confirmation, all it is saying is that a magazine has possible leaked information of a transformation of Zelda. This doesn't mean that Zelda would transform into Sheik, perhaps Midna, or Shadow Zelda, or even more likely, she herself may not transform, but this may simply be a form of attack.

I don't jump the gun, until I see their name right under the banner "WARNING NEWCOMER" I don't believe it, and I suggest that no one else either.

'Nuff said.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
That's right, I will only belive stuff right from the scource, because I know first hand that pre-confirmations are usually 99% wrong, and it is general rule of thumb for any logical man that you should only believe the facts and as far as facts go, the official stuff is the only thing you can consider fact, no matter how reliable CoroCoro is most of the time.
The corocoro card seems legit. The same cards which 'leaked' Zelda's moves also leaked Ivysaurs moves as well. It lists his side special as razor leaf, which has been confirmed as true in screenshots.
There's no reason to assume that Corocoro is making this up, and all signs point to this being legit.

As for Sheik, this is not a confirmation, all it is saying is that a magazine has possible leaked information of a transformation of Zelda. This doesn't mean that Zelda would transform into Sheik, perhaps Midna, or Shadow Zelda, or even more likely, she herself may not transform, but this may simply be a form of attack.
Check the leak yourself. It's right there on the front page of Brawl Central. The move addresses Sheik by name AND uses the word transformation in it's description.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
The corocoro card seems legit. The same cards which 'leaked' Zelda's moves also leaked Ivysaurs moves as well. It lists his side special as razor leaf, which has been confirmed as true in screenshots.
There's no reason to assume that Corocoro is making this up, and all signs point to this being legit.

Check the leak yourself. It's right there on the front page of Brawl Central. The move addresses Sheik by name AND uses the word transformation in it's description.
Yeah, I've seen it, and I'm still not convinced, the pcture seems pretty good, but I see no concrete evidence on Sheik, just Zelda anda rough translation, no picture of anything like Sheik. I'm sorry, but until I see something concrete I'm not calling it yet.

However, I'm not a hard headed man, and I can see how this would increase Sheik's possibility quite a bit, but a confirmation? I think not.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
the name doesn't specific sheik could be "Twilight Zelda" seems more plausible, dam,n even Midna could have more chances than Sheik to be Zelda's twilight form

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
the name doesn't specific sheik could be "Twilight Zelda" seems more plausible, dam,n even Midna could have more chances than Sheik to be Zelda's twilight form
It did have the word Shiek in it's describtion

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Shiek is in the game. Get over it.
Oh, I'm sorry, obviously you own a time machine and have gone into the future and played the game as Sheik and know for a fact that he/she/it/potato is in the game. I'm so sorry oh master for dare questioning your omnipotence.

Good greif, get over yourself. If you haven't seen it on the Dojo or in the game itself you cannot say such ignorant and arrogant trifle as that. Jeez, the overconfidence you have is so insanely overwhelming, it's like you think you made the game for pete's sake! Listen: You know no more about Brawl then we do, so saying that Sheik is 'in the game' when there is no total proof on anything just makes you seem stupid and waste space on this thread.

Yeah, I agree. Though I hope for Tetra, instead. That would be a cool transformation.
I'd like to see that, hey, as I have said, this could be something other that Sheik, perhaps some sort of Twilight version of herself in the Twilight Transformation? I'm just dissapointed if Sheik gets in, as it totally tears the entire Zelda continuity apart. I liked the fact that this Zelda had no alter ego and actually fought with a weapon which is less than we can say for Sheik's one appearance.

But I honestly hope that this transformation isn't Sheik, and that may just be my thoughts, but it just doesn't feel right. It demeans Zelda's character to have a moveplace wasted to tack on some cheap character. It's almost saddening.

Top Bottom