• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Premium Contest: Make a Role! (Closed, Judging!)

Riddle

Smash Lord
You are the Lie Detector. Each night you may send me a quote from the game and I will tell you whether what is said in it is true or false. If there is some truth and some lies in the quote you send me you will not be told what is true and what is false, but rather that some is true and some is false. Since a lie detector does not operate on what is actually the Truth, but rather intentions, if you choose to quote an accusation from someone who does not actually know if there accusation is true or not you will get the answer, unknown. You may never give any hints as to the nature of your role (nobody but you even knows it exists) and must use your persuasion to convince people to listen to you.

You are alligned with the town and win when all mafia are eliminated.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Wow Im sorry I didn't know about that; I've never seen that before. I seriously came up with that all by myself.

I fail.

XACE-K

Smash Master
You are the Town Crazy. You have a "voice" inside your head that tells you what to do, which is the game moderator. During the Day, you'll recieve 1 statement from the moderator every 3 real-life days. The staement must be either true or false and in the format of "(Player's name) is the (role)" or "(Player's name) isn't the (role)". When you recieve your the statement, you must insinuate that staement in any of your posts for the 3 days you recieve it. If you don't, you'll be unable to post for 2 days and your chances of commiting suicide increases by 10%.

You are town-alligned and win when the mafia has been eliminated

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
If you don't, you'll be unable to post for 2 days and your chances of commiting suicide increases by 10%.

You are town-alligned and win when the mafia has been eliminated
I was with you up until this point. How dare you steal my Depressed Stinky Gambler trait.

<marquee>:mad:</marquee>

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Boxer (sorry for the bad name)

2 boxers recommended, best with 9+ player.

Kill Town people and Negates other roles (but only if he makes his actions before them).

If boxer picks a role bearer after they turned in their pick, they are unable to vote for the next day (including boxer itself).

Town aligned.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I was with you up until this point. How dare you steal my Depressed Stinky Gambler trait.

<marquee>:mad:</marquee>
I can see why. I included the suicide thing because not posting for 2 days wasn't a big enough penalty. The 10% rate was because I thought using 20% or 15% was too high.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You are the MAGICIAN.

Each night you can choose a player. That player's action will be reversed: Killers will protect their victim, protecting roles will kill them. Investigating roles will receive wrong information.
Your alignment can vary - it can actually work for all 3 parties. It mainly depends on the number of players: if there are many players then even the mafia can have a magician. Usually though the magician is either indie or town alligned.

:059:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I've actually hosted several Mafia games in another forum before. Someone of the roles are a bit situational and don't make much sense without context. Here's one of the less extravagant ones that makes sense:

You are the Shapeshifter.

Each night you can select to change into one of these forms for the next day. You cannot be in the same form two days in a row.
Mouse: You have a 25% of dodging a kill or lynch attempt.
Fly: You can choose someone to spy on one player and will be informed if any one interacts with them during the night.
Snake: You can poison someone preventing them from voting the next day.
Pigeon: You can send anonymous pms through me to any player in the game.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
Is this still alive? If so.....

You are the Copycat. Every night, the Game Moderator picks a random role that another player has. Congrats, you have the job for the day! You are not allowed to post the other members of the mafia if you become a mafia member. Your alignment is ever changing. You win when there is no more townspeople or when there is no more mafia, depending on what side you're on at the end (if you get lynched/nightkilled/the game ends)

Yaya

Smash Champion
You are the Changeling

During the day period, you can swap your role with another's, you will not get the Changeling Role back, and you will keep the role they once had, Alignments do not change.

Example:

-Player A is a Changeling, Player B is a Doctor.
-Player A uses ability on Player B.
-Player A becomes Doctor, Player B becomes Changeling.

You are Town Aligned, you win when all the mafia have been eliminated.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You are the ex-convict.

You're a member of the mafia, though suspicion has already been cast on you! You aren't afraid to act on your own and you are able to kill an additional person of your choosing each night. Beware of cops, or your cover will be blown.

-You are mafia aligned.
-Each night you may PM the name of one game member to the moderator and that player will be killed.
-If you receive 75% of the required votes to be lynched during the day you will be lynched and the game will proceed to the night phase of that day (rounded down to the nearest vote, so in a game of 15 players where 8 would be needed to lynch, after 6 votes the ex-convict will automatically be lynched).
-If you are targeted by a cop (or similar variant) you will be exposed as a mafia member, and change into a normal mafia goon. You will lose your night power, and you will go back to being lynched after the needed number of votes to lynch, not the lesser amount.

BunBun

Smash Master
You are the Stool Pigeon.

-You have no alignment.
-You are a mafia goon with almost no spine. To the mafia, you appear to just be a normal goon.
-If a cop investigates you, he will find out you're mafia, and he will be told (with 50% truth rate) that one other person is mafia as well.
-Because of you're double-dealings with the law, you are immune to lynching.
-However, if you give the cop good information and he is later killed by the mafia, you are also killed for being traitorous scum (this only applies if the person you told him was mafia ACTUALLY was mafia).
-Similarly, if you give the cop any information and you are targeted by your own mafia, the mafia finds out the name of the cop, and you still die.

-Because all the stress being a stool pigeon puts on you, every night after Night 1, you have a 20% chance of committing suicide.

-You win if you are alive at the end of the game when all the other mafia dies, or when the mafia wins and you're still alive.

I wasn't sure about how to do this one. The cop can either know at the beginning or can find out if he investigates you. As long as you have someone competent as the cop, either situation works.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
We are officially closing the contest now. I'll contact the 3 judges with a grading rubric and we will have results in a week!

Handorin

Smash Hero
I turned in my results a long time ago. We're just waiting on Tom to format it all.

Top Bottom