• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pre Pound 4 Crew Battle Plans(Melee)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linguini

Smash Master
So I don't know for sure if I'm going to be making it out to pound 4, I'll be honest I won't really know until probably the week before. For now, I'd like to be considered for crews as if I am going, and I'm sure it will be a simple matter of moving an alternate up to crew member.

I'm assuming that KeepSpeedn and Xelic are not going, so I'm excluding them.

Non-negotiable members are:

Shiz
Hungry Box
Col Bol
Lambchops
Dr. PeePee
DarkRain

Those 5 are going to be on the crew, and if I catch wind of people trying to say otherwise, consequences will be dire.

After that, there are the people that probably should be on the list:

Chaddd
XIF
QDVS
Linguini
L0ZR

I feel these players are strong enough and have the OOS experience to be added to the crew. I also feel that they have adequate character matchups to be effective counterpicks.

After that, alternates:

RockCrock
ihavespaceballs
Iori
-Chad-
NESN00b

Rock Crock needs to quit sandbagging, but he's still powerful. spaceballs really pulled through at that NC tournament getting 3rd, and I feel that there may be a matchup where he might be our best pick. Iori has the character versatility, but I'll be honest and say that without alot of the stupid CP stages at pound 4, alot of his appeal as a crew members goes away. You can't ignore his ability though. -Chad- is a solid player and to be honest I think his skill is good enough for the crew, but I can't put a pikachu on the crew in good conscience. NESN00b is a good player but I have issues with his confidence and experience.

My opinions are immaterial to my skill or whatever beef anyone has, this is just my honest opinions, I look forward to everyone's input.
nahh im pretty sure i should be on non-negotiable, but you guys do what you want.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
chadddd is better than rock in general.... but rock has proven to **** in crews in big oos tourneys. rock has like the right ot be in crews linguini is just better than the alt players so theres no way he can be replaced unlesss those alts prove it otherwise...

lool wats with the variety idea lol thats madd useless if we put players that arent as good as the most consistent were putting hte most consistent players on the crew were not basing the lsit of tiersand counters.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i know nes noob is beast but rock crock has more exp in crews more than almost everybody on the crew plus he ***** in crews

i honestly think he should be astarter..did u watch genesis crews or any crew battle he was in

i think we need alot of alts

and if xif isnt sure if hes going until the week before that means he cant even join because of registration ending on the first

my list will be

shiz
colbol
hbox
lambchops
darkrain
dr pp
rock
linguini
chaddd- way more exp than most and is really well rounded in match ups
three ganons - ****.
alts-like 10
mike g-
iori
lozr
uuaa- he will prob make bracket @ pound by then- and is prob second best vs falco with fox.nuff said
soft-he plays gay..we need that
nes noob
pikachad-****
spaceballs
merc-if it aint merc it dont work
cornel- when hes not high
me vs falco with icy's- i beat zhu's falco 2 pats house so if we have to play west coast and u dont know who to put in vs him..trust me..i got this son..plus by pound ill be much better

fmtl- my fault..u should of been mention earlier-

the south *****

i guess it depends on how many alts way can have but linguini ***** and chaddd will **** any ganon forx,marth, who ever

Loto

Smash Ace
QDVS should def be on the crew as well imo. o.O

Considering he's prob the best marth we got, usually always places well, etc.

Hmm didnt know queen get's stopped in crews. xP

Life After Death

Smash Champion
lozr is maddd good only player he can replace on that list is rock chaddd and xif... so we gotta wait till winterfest to c who of those 4 players are best for the crews i guess...

queen doesnt care about smash that much so i dont really count him

Loto

Smash Ace
lozr is maddd good only player he can replace on that list is rock chaddd and xif... so we gotta wait till winterfest to c who of those 4 players are best for the crews i guess...

queen doesnt care about smash that much so i dont really count him
I seeee. kk sounds good. We'll see what happens to the list after winterfest.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Reminder:

Opinions on match ups and positioning will NOT be discussed on this thread. We will save it for the private Forum.

somedude123

Smash Ace
pretty sure linguini should be pretty dam close to irreplaceable. did anyone forget FC Crews already? Linguini's first oos? and he's a "possible"? LOL.
not only that he's been very active and has been going to oos. i dont think there's a reason not to have him in for sure. there's no contest.
oh and the reason the south isn't diverse cause those are the only people are REALLY good players(top 10 oos good, big tourney with big names oos. not some middle of nowhere bs).

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
yeah, I'll be honest, after thinking about it more, I think linguini should definitely be on the list. I don't think anyone up there deserves a spot more than him after the other 6 I mentioned.

I know I havent been to a lot of OOS tournaments lately, but I still play, and against good people when I can, and I'll say that if I go I should be a starter coming from previous experience. But that is obviously up to you all.

Ali is another solid option.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Plairnk posted that melee crews will be 8 vs. 8. So, it looks like the 8th spot will be the hardest to determine, but L0ZR seems like the right choice.

1. Shiz
2. Colbol
3. Hbox
4. PP
5. Chops
6. Darkrain
7. Linguini
8. ?????

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
having half falcos and half ganons runs into the problem of getting CPd hard as ****.
not that discussing CPs is the best option atm like mike g said, that's partially what alts and the captain are for, but just in general you want some character variety so you don't get sheik'd/peach'd all dai. just my thoughts, take it with a grain of salt. also, any idea how many alt spots we get?

my list:
1) darkrain
2) colbol
3) hbox
4) shiz
5) pp
6) nes noob
7) chaddd
8) xif
alts: linguini, qdvs, lozr, chops, ihsb

honestly it's too bad that we don't have 10. the south has a few S level players but a ton of A+ level players. it feels like the east coast has weakened and after their S level players they only have A to A- level players...having 8 players per team kind of adds weight to their chances IMO, which is dumb. but oh well...just my votes, no disrespect to anyone who i didn't list or considered an alt, just trying to think of what would be the most well-rounded and with the least amount of weaknesses. *shrug* i'm sure no matter who we pick out of our 15ish people the south will thwomp, so s'all good.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
The thing about variety is that you end up picking up a worse player than someone else just because they play a character that we don't have on the team already. The best 8 people we could come up with are the people who give us the best chance to win. Linguini and chops are certainly among the south's best 8 and should be included no matter what. Also, it is looking like there would only be one ganon and 2 falcos (chops and pp) assuming shiz went fox.

Also looking at your list you have 2 falcons, which has the same problem as falcos. What if they get cp'd pretty hard? I'd much rather have two falcos on the team that are both insane than add another falcon who isn't near as good as them.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Plairnk posted that melee crews will be 8 vs. 8. So, it looks like the 8th spot will be the hardest to determine, but L0ZR seems like the right choice.

1. Shiz
2. Colbol
3. Hbox
4. PP
5. Chops
6. Darkrain
7. Linguini
8. ?????
What this guy said. And, LoZR is an excellent choice for 8th. I wouldn't say this team has any major weaknesses, because Fox, Falco, and Puff have no hard counters.

The whole 8 people thing makes this a lot easier imo.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
variety is useless were not putting non top 8 get over it lol if top 8 are falco players thn so be it their top 8 for a reason thier good vs everyone lol shiz is not going fox....

were not puttin in worst players in just for the sake of variety its survival of the fittest we dont need any clowns in the crew.

8th spot will prolly just be decided after a few tourneys b4 pound4 prolly. lozr is beast wont b surprised he'll be in it

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I don't think we'll have too many Falcos or Ganons. There's a good chance shiz will go Fox depending on the matchup well maybe not lol idk, and tbqh not many people (from other regions) play the Ganon matchup well (lozr, pp, colbol, & hbox are insane vs ganon tho)

Life After Death

Smash Champion
colbol is actaully wack vs ganon lol but he can still beat them. regardless we'l only be puttin in the best players. and yess shiz is goin falco he only went fox at genesis cuz he knew we were too stacked to win

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
The thing about variety is that you end up picking up a worse player than someone else just because they play a character that we don't have on the team already. The best 8 people we could come up with are the people who give us the best chance to win. Linguini and chops are certainly among the south's best 8 and should be included no matter what. Also, it is looking like there would only be one ganon and 2 falcos (chops and pp) assuming shiz went fox.

Also looking at your list you have 2 falcons, which has the same problem as falcos. What if they get cp'd pretty hard? I'd much rather have two falcos on the team that are both insane than add another falcon who isn't near as good as them.
i wasn't advocating for variety in replace of skill...i was just making a point that if you had to decide between two evenly-skilled players to consider the current character makeup of who you already had in mind for the basic crew of the south.
and if you don't think NES noob is at the same skill level as chops and pp (i'm assuming that's who you meant when you said two insane falcos...even though pp was on my starting list) you are severely underrating him. since i'm not from the midsouth or southeast i think i'm pretty unbias here, but i guess since i only see tournament rankings and videos i don't have as concrete of a view of certain players that others have. like i said, i was just giving my view as an oklahoman, i was in no way suggesting that we not pick the best team based on skill that we can.

i'm not even addressing what life after death said because it was completely ********.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
whether he is or not is irrelevant. All we need to know is if he can benefit the Crew in some way

Life After Death

Smash Champion
nes noob is good but he aint no dr pp lol ***** better step it up to prove it otherwise lol cuz actions speaks louder than words..

u cant replace top 8 if u think someone who is not top 8 can go even wit a top 8. wat kinda of wack logic is that

shalom

Smash Journeyman
I would say that chops is better vs. a broader spectrum of players, especially the higher end calibur players than is NES Noob, which is extremely important when deciding who to choose. Also for a point of reference chops 2-0ed nes noob at TO5 in pools (2 stocking him both times I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom