• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Practice advice!!!!

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
No, I think seconding a higher tiered character is definitely a good idea for ****ty cp's. I mean, if you have something to prove going 100% IC, then more power to you, but I personally think that you'd have a better chance of placing higher by having a secondary.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
GW is great for janky stages. I also think GW is better than MK on RC/Norfair/GreenGreens etc.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Im comfortable with marth on rc and norfair. Usuaully for brinstar ill just ditto or go game and watch.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
GW is better than MK or GW beats MK on those stages?

If so I might consider GW then.
I think GW vs MK is even on RC and GW beats MK on Norfair/Green Greens. GW is also better against almost the entire cast save like..Marth and Snake on those stages.

Norfair I think is GW's best stage aside from corneria which is never legal anymore. He pretty much has the best verticle control in the game with his uair/nair/dair/up-b so being able to get under people then basically teleport away with up-b on norfair is amazing.

Also if you just up-b and hold forward the giant lava waves in the back just pass through you.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If the point of practice is perfecting strengths and masking weaknesses, I think it's pertinent to address training the ice climbers main weakness. If you're fortunate enough to have constant live practice, it's a good idea to work on these two areas of play: Nana rescuing tactics and SoPo game.

For the first, it's kind of like attempting all of the obscure desyncs in random situations. Only in this scenario it's attempting to resync with Nana. You'd be amazed how far the Belay teleport range is off the level .

For the second, I've practiced entire matches SoPo by simply belay suiciding Nana. The advantage of this, in my opinion, is it not only makes you dangerous once you lose Nana in a regular match, but it gives you as a player another option to work from if the desync game isn't working when Nana is alive. I just keep in mind that the desync game and the synced/SoPo game have their differences and should be played accordingly, like two different modes in my head. Being able to switch between the two modes seamlessly gives you a different look against your opponent, and would lead to better results (kind of like mixing up pitches in baseball).

Prawn

Smash Master
your sopo metagame should be this:

do enough damage so you can infinite them easily next stock.

If you're on last stock then your sopo metagame should be start ****** lol

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
If anyone wants to SoPo money match me. I'd always be up for it. Lol. IMO I have a really good SoPo.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If anyone wants to SoPo money match me. I'd always be up for it. Lol. IMO I have a really good SoPo.
I'm down ^_^. A lot of people complain that my sopo is harder to kill than my synched climbers lol. I swear he gets heavier when nana is gone lmao.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
With that mentality yeah. I know a bunch of cool tricks on stages like delphino/CS/Frigate etc that are very useful from practicing them a lot. I counterpick CS often against MK actually. I just ban brinstar and play GW on RC and I can play IC's on every other stage.
Just really curious
Why do you cp castle siege against mk? Like what advantages did you find out about that stage?

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Just really curious
Why do you cp castle siege against mk? Like what advantages did you find out about that stage?
i think i can answer this.

the first part has a weird platform st up that makes campin MK somewhat easy
second part you can't get gimped on AND you can sopo cg them to death
third part is like FD but tilty

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
i think i can answer this.

the first part has a weird platform st up that makes campin MK somewhat easy
second part you can't get gimped on AND you can sopo cg them to death
third part is like FD but tilty
This sums up my answer pretty well.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow I never would have thought of that. I'll have to start practicing on this stage more often thanks.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
yeah, the only thing is they can camp REALLY well on the 2nd part =(

but if you're sopo MK will usually just approach, unless he's one of the smart MK that kills nana then times out popo (****'s legit) so you can get a free kill with sopo if you're lucky :laugh:

Rushisu

Smash Rookie
Nice topic, only doing that all is to boring but it helps >.<''. When i got nothing to do i practice CGing a lot. In 2 months i already know how to CG the C,B,A and S tier now. Only the rest is a hard part... And de-synching is a hell lot of work to know then all O.O''

EDIT: I suck at english XD

Top Bottom