• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POWNZ eSPORT CENTRE GRAND OPENING

Razing_Zozo

Smash Cadet

It has been a while, but our renovations are compete and our new focus is ready. eSports!
Pownz is now 100% dedicated to bringing Canada onto the stage of Competitive Gaming. Canada has great Smash Brothers players and our new Centre has dedicated a large section to our new Brawl Zone. We invite all of you to our Grand Opening event on April 17th. There will be open Gaming and tournaments all day, along with give aways and prizes. Smash Brothers will be a new focus, as we will bring you a place to meet, train and compete.

I hope to see many of you on April 17th as we enter this new period in Canadian Gaming History.

Razing_Zozo

Smash Cadet
I actually want to start opening the centre up to TO's, so if your interested in running an event as TO, we can make ourselves available for hosting!

Any TO can message me for details!

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
How many people are going to this? Where's the attendee list? It seems like Pownz is barely trying to gather people o.o, I hope the Brawl community isn't blamed for the low attendance since Pownz is barely trying at all.

Razing_Zozo

Smash Cadet
It's an open invite, we are expecting a lot of people from various competitive communities. But Brawl has one of the largest areas of the new centre.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

1. Iliad - You're so ****ing sexy omg, but I don't get how you nearly three stocked him and then you SDed to lose the match wtf?

2. Raidos - You're definitely up and comers material man, jeez, you should come out to more tourneys, ****.

3. Tippr - Looooool I ***** you with DK, YOU SO FRAAAAY

swordgard

Smash Hero
Nope, its allowed here since its considered "a test of skills" and thus is not gambling.

We already looked it up.

Razing_Zozo

Smash Cadet
Nope, its allowed here since its considered "a test of skills" and thus is not gambling.

We already looked it up.
This is true IF your business is located in Quebec. If your business if not located in Quebec, the rules are VERY different. Thus its difficult for us to do events in Quebec, unless we open a store there, and to open a store there, we face equally difficult restrictions. Its doable, but not just yet.

There is a good reason you see contests that say "Available everywhere in Canada and the USA (except Quebec)"

swordgard

Smash Hero
This is true IF your business is located in Quebec. If your business if not located in Quebec, the rules are VERY different. Thus its difficult for us to do events in Quebec, unless we open a store there, and to open a store there, we face equally difficult restrictions. Its doable, but not just yet.

There is a good reason you see contests that say "Available everywhere in Canada and the USA (except Quebec)"
Any timeline would be appreciated : )

Top Bottom