• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PowerPlay Tourney in Memphis (Cordova) TN

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. First let me say thanks to all who came to the last PowerPlay tourney. It was a lot of fun and a pretty big turnout. I asked PowerPlay about having another one, and they said it would be great. So here it is.

Attending:

If attending, I'll be adding your name to the list. If maybe attending, I'll be adding a "(m)"
beside your name. If bringing a setup, I'll be adding an "S" by your name

Toast(S)
Iori(S)
ihavespaceballs
Handorin(S)

Entry Fee:

$10 Venue Fee
$10 Pot

Melee: Saturday April 17th. Sign ups start at 4PM and the tourney starts at 5PM.
Brawl: Pending for April 18th at 5PM. If you want Brawl, respond in this thread or contact me.

Prize: Cash Pot

70% for 1st
20% for 2nd
10% for 3rd

Setups:

Setups are needed. I'll be bringing 2 setups and a TV. There are TVs here, but they're LCD flat screens and do have a tiny lag.

Melee!!

Singles:

• Double Elimination.
• All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
• 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
• Items OFF

Stages:
• First stage is limited to the 7 neutral stages for random picking, others open for counterpicks.

• Neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams (see note in Special Team Rules), Dreamland 64 and Pokémon Stadium. Fountain of Dreams is on random for singles only. DK64 and Rainbow Cruise is on for doubles only.

• Banned Stages: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, and Great Bay

• No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking

• Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.

• Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

•If both players agree to play a stage (whether banned or stage already played), it can be allowed.

•Bring your own controller

•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.

Note: Cash Pot isn't set in stone so if you want a $5 cash pot instead of $10, respond in this thread contact me.

Toast: (901)-503-9267

PowerPlay: (901)-552-4272

~Toast

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I finally get to attend one of these, awesome. So we're actually encouraged to bring TVs this time, as opposed to their use for tournament matches being banned?

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure I can make this (with a setup). I'll just make sure I get off of work.

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Yay Spaceballs and Handorin ^-^

I finally get to attend one of these, awesome. So we're actually encouraged to bring TVs this time, as opposed to their use for tournament matches being banned?
Yeah after feeling the lag time at the last tourney, I knew we needed TVs for the next one. Oh and if you're bringing a TV, do you think you could come early so we can set up ahead of time?

F0XH0UND

Smash Rookie
Toast, do you remember me? My tag was Ion,played sheik, and i did not look like a serial killer.
anyways
I went to the 2nd one. and i brought about 6 or so other players with me.
however, most of us wont be attending this one because we have to go to Proms and what not.
so ya,sorry -.-

but for all memphis players, just PM me a way to contact you because i plan on smashing alot more in the future.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
guess what arkansas is coming to this :D

im going to beat jack this time maybe just a match though lol.

u can't stop me!
Oh snap! I do believe the gauntlet has been thrown. I'll see you guys there. I'm expecting to lose, but also get myself some practice. I'm not sure I even know how to play Melee.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Prom is waaaaaaaaaaaay over rated, but if you already wasted spent all that money on it, then go ahead and go there.

Vts

Smash Champion
pot split sucks but thats just me.

imo 60% 25% 15% still gives big amount for first but also makes the 2nd and third place a little happier

(maybe this guy happier but doubtful)

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'm going regardless, but $20 entry fee is really gonna discourage local, non-smashboards people from entering. Is that the only way Powerplay would agree to do cash prizes instead of store credit, Toast?

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
pot split sucks but thats just me.

imo 60% 25% 15% still gives big amount for first but also makes the 2nd and third place a little happier

(maybe this guy happier but doubtful)
Well if everyone wants the pot split up that way, that's fine by me ^-^

well facebook has it as 20$ entry fee which seems way too expensive
$20 entry fee includes pot as well.

Freaky sig

@ all it dosen't matter what the venue fee is lol, but then again I get free entry X3c
I'm ready for you this time Iori ^-^

Well its about to start soon, and I hope to see everyone there. :laugh:

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Lol. Yeah I did wayyy to many times. Oh well it was still fun. I'll be uploading the results tomorrow when I get an email with the list.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
<.< finally won enough to win a wii, and T_T it feels so good.

Shoutouts

@Ambix again good job taking second, and yay to never making last.
@Jack you were stlying as usual, you were just terrific without a doubt.
@Veets -_- sigh, work on that peach match up.
@Abestos good work in crews, you made short work of the competition.
@Yoshiman good job holding it down, I know a lot of the pressure was on you but you didn't fold XD. Good stuff.
@Toast one day it will come, were you can face me without fear. Till that day I will hold your hand. :3c
@Bun2 mostly kirby and getting 5th is something only you can do. good stuff
@Zane thanks for helping support the tourney, you are the greatest forever lol.
@powerplay, thanks for opening up your venue to us who love to play the games we love. I think I speak for everone when I say it gives us something wonderful to look forward to during the rough weekends. Once again thanks :3

Top Bottom