• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power to The Princess: Peach Topics. This week: SECONDARIES

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Fair is great when you land it on someone's shield because then you have so many options due to them being in shield stun. I always forget to fastfall it when I land it haha, but it's a move that gives you a lot of options

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
Fair is kind part of peach's "trifecta of godlike aerials", being fair nair and bair. I could definitely see an argument saying that its her most important move although id personally give that title to Nair but only slightly. If you have trouble hitting this move you just need to get better at spacing it honestly. It has a bit of start of so you need to account for that by starting the fair before your in range for it and moving into range as she performs the move. The reason this is such an amazing move is because: its disjointed (she uses the crown to slap so thats the disjoint), Its range is deceptively long (learn the max range of Fair and space it like a marths fair it works wonders), it is INSANLEY safe on shield with a float cancel, i dont remember the frame data off the top of my head by depending on where you place the fair relative to their shield and the ground you can always stick out a jab and beat any out of shield options, grab them if the stay in shield or dash attack them if they roll. Fair also has ridiculous priority, if you struggle with the zelda match up learn how to beat her zelda kick with a Fair, it totally works with proper spacing haha and it makes the match up peach favor or even IMO. Lastly fair has really good base knock back, meaning it sends far even at medium % (although it doesnt actually kill as early as youd think). This is good because you can combo into Fair on a lot of characters at mid % to start an edge guard and secure the kill, as apposed to comboing into bair or nair which might just send them to the edge of the stage at 70ish%

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Fair is kind part of peach's "trifecta of godlike aerials", being fair nair and bair. I could definitely see an argument saying that its her most important move although id personally give that title to Nair but only slightly. If you have trouble hitting this move you just need to get better at spacing it honestly. It has a bit of start of so you need to account for that by starting the fair before your in range for it and moving into range as she performs the move. The reason this is such an amazing move is because: its disjointed (she uses the crown to slap so thats the disjoint), Its range is deceptively long (learn the max range of Fair and space it like a marths fair it works wonders), it is INSANLEY safe on shield with a float cancel, i dont remember the frame data off the top of my head by depending on where you place the fair relative to their shield and the ground you can always stick out a jab and beat any out of shield options, grab them if the stay in shield or dash attack them if they roll. Fair also has ridiculous priority, if you struggle with the zelda match up learn how to beat her zelda kick with a Fair, it totally works with proper spacing haha and it makes the match up peach favor or even IMO. Lastly fair has really good base knock back, meaning it sends far even at medium % (although it doesnt actually kill as early as youd think). This is good because you can combo into Fair on a lot of characters at mid % to start an edge guard and secure the kill, as apposed to comboing into bair or nair which might just send them to the edge of the stage at 70ish%
Peach whak Zelda in the shin

POW

"Imma kick u in the shins u wanna fite"

TimYo

Smash Rookie
One mix-up I like to do its I pull out a turnip, float and act as if I was gonna do a float-cancel f-air, then I airdodge downard and quickly throw the turnip at them (slide-toss). Anyone have any other tricks with the turnip?
The last tournament I was in I figured out that if you aim just a little above the other player and hit them in almost the top of their head it knocks them towards you instead of back. I was able to gimp a fox near the edge with this. If the opponent is recovering it stage spikes them depending on the map. We were on BF. I was also able to combo a DK and a Gannon who were at moderate percent by knocking them towards me with a turnip to a Fair for a solid mixup.

JackDarkStone

Smash Rookie
I'm back! I can post again, yuss.

Well anyway, I always thought about figuring out what makes that strange knockback happen (the turnip making them go towards you I mean), but I've been lazy. So it's great to know how it works. I'll be testing that out in training mode.

As for fair I can't really think of anything that hasn't been said already tbh. 'Tis an amazing move.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
I'm back! I can post again, yuss.

Well anyway, I always thought about figuring out what makes that strange knockback happen (the turnip making them go towards you I mean), but I've been lazy. So it's great to know how it works. I'll be testing that out in training mode.

As for fair I can't really think of anything that hasn't been said already tbh. 'Tis an amazing move.
it depends on the turnip and where on their body you hit them. And yeah Fair is so damn important for peach its insane haha

Last edited:

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
it depend sson
The brotherhood of CHUPAZI thanks thee for your shout out, and

OMG

FOR THE WISDOM OF AGT

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you folks have no clue once I finally figured this out, this training mode man

Ohhhhhh

It was like

I don't know what it was like it was just satisfaction

I didn't even KNOW what AGT was before SSON

No

That was just floating while throwing turnip, pfft ez useless STOOPID

Now

Now I know the arcane magicks

Last edited:

JackDarkStone

Smash Rookie
You can also AGT in place by not pressing a direction when you air dodge. Only way I see this being useful is if you're floating with a turnip and want to throw it... but honestly I think doing it is pretty useless. Still good to know I suppose.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
If you're good at timing fair that often to where you're always getting the hit and NOT whiffing like a scrub, (aka Like me ;~; ) Major props.
Btw can we change the topic since we're off the topic of secondaries? (Thank gawd)

(Also my fav Fair on shield mixup is Jab, soooooo quick.)

Last edited:

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
It does because you can catch your opponent DIing a foward throw and you do a dthrow instead to get a chaingrab and some extra percent goin. Aside from that, Uthrow --> Utilt on Spacies/Capt. Falcon fo dayz and fthrow on just about everyone else.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
Hey

What is the best use of grabs, may I ask? I have this love for dthrow; does this make any sense?
on faster fallers chain grab with up throw then combo around 35 with up air. Middle weights (lucas, ike meta knight) up throw up air, floaties down throw dash attack. Or just throw towards the ledge cause thats always good too.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Sweet!

On aerials, I am wondering; how much trouble am I in if I am better at landing a Fair than a Nair?

Indeed I struggle to perform a Nair even with any DI at all, and DI is not useless

Last edited:

Deckete

Smash Cadet
While on the subject of the Peach float, I like to use the up air in unexpected moments, even the ground, because as has a good knockback, this can leave your Peach with more time to plan another strategy.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
Since this thread is kinda dead I would like to propose a topic change to hopefully revive it. I kinda wanna talk about peaches high tech skill stuff as well as advanced control set ups and stuff like that. For example, setting up your buttons differently and/or holding your controller differently. Personally I use the claw and I think more peaches should know about how helpful the claw is for her tech skill

Jmanthedragonguy

Smash Rookie
Since this thread is kinda dead I would like to propose a topic change to hopefully revive it. I kinda wanna talk about peaches high tech skill stuff as well as advanced control set ups and stuff like that. For example, setting up your buttons differently and/or holding your controller differently. Personally I use the claw and I think more peaches should know about how helpful the claw is for her tech skill
I'm a new Peach player, but I realized I'd have to make some adjustments to do her float stuff. Currently I have Z as jump, and Y as grab. I still use X for standard jumping and short hopping, but if I need to do some float cancelled aerials I use Z. So far so good :]

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
I'm a new Peach player, but I realized I'd have to make some adjustments to do her float stuff. Currently I have Z as jump, and Y as grab. I still use X for standard jumping and short hopping, but if I need to do some float cancelled aerials I use Z. So far so good :]
laxus! <3

but yeah that sounds pretty good actually, ill always use the standard melee controls but i like what youve got going on there, Z as jump lets you have access to you c stick and a button with your thumb still, which is the same reason i claw lol.

Last edited:

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
I recently discovered that when you are dropping through a platform, you can float just before her knees pass through and do Uair to instantly land with 0 lag, or do Nair which will nair then float cancel, or Bair which will Bair and Float cancel.

Jmanthedragonguy

Smash Rookie
laxus! <3

but yeah that sounds pretty good actually, ill always use the standard melee controls but i like what youve got going on there, Z as jump lets you have access to you c stick and a button with your thumb still, which is the same reason i claw lol.
Yeah FT is like my fave thing :D
Anyway going to my first tourney as a Peach main tomorrow. Wish me luck. I will most likely get destroyed cuz I'm not 'at that level yet'. haha

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Whoops, haven't updated this topic in a while. College is hard.

So has anyone thought of a specific new topic of discussion??

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
Whoops, haven't updated this topic in a while. College is hard.

college is indeed hard :/ but im down for anything.

Yeah FT is like my fave thing :D
Anyway going to my first tourney as a Peach main tomorrow. Wish me luck. I will most likely get destroyed cuz I'm not 'at that level yet'. haha
So has anyone thought of a specific new topic of discussion??
Hype! and nahhh you wont get destroyed every tournament has like 5-10 new people in my experience just body them lol

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
i probably do somewhere, although my name wouldn't be angry Cuban, honestly i dunno lol. I usually where the tag "Erza~" ,"Hi~" or "angry" haha so if you see those tags playing peach/marth in a tournament thats me :p.
OK, so does anyone know the Sonic matchup? Right now it gives me headaches.

TopKek.GG

スーパー かわいい <3
OK, so does anyone know the Sonic matchup? Right now it gives me headaches.
I don't have too much experience other than one of my practice partners who mains Sonic, but Toad is surprisingly helpful in the matchup in my experience. His speed definitely is the main issue in the MU. His fast/strong aerials are also a problem, cuz you can't float as liberally as you would in most MU.

However, I believe nair and bair out prioritize most of his neutral game/dash attack.

I am no expert on the MU but that's about the most insight i can offer.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I don't have too much experience other than one of my practice partners who mains Sonic, but Toad is surprisingly helpful in the matchup in my experience. His speed definitely is the main issue in the MU. His fast/strong aerials are also a problem, cuz you can't float as liberally as you would in most MU.

However, I believe nair and bair out prioritize most of his neutral game/dash attack.

I am no expert on the MU but that's about the most insight i can offer.
Thank you, I think you are right. I do remember spacing hairs one match and I did a lot better. Haven't really tried Nair or toad so thank you. I'm still trying to figure out who to play on this game & my main for Tipped Off 10 next weekend. Peach will probably be my choice but I'm concerned about the faster characters with range like Marth/Sonic/Link, ect... I might have to switch off to Squirtle or ZSS depending on the matchup.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
So I left for a while, all butthurt.

I am back and I have decided to try and get good at ness

TECH

wow

So I am back! In more ways than one, I should learn how to play a real game as peach before I do the 64 throwbacks.

And I have yet to find a good sonic, y'all's scaring me

Last edited:
Top Bottom