• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power to The Princess: Peach Topics. This week: SECONDARIES

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Does Sheik really do that well against Mewtwo? I've heard in this thread that Sheik does better in that supposed bad MU for Peach. If that's the case i think the same can be said for Charizard.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Does Sheik really do that well against Mewtwo? I've heard in this thread that Sheik does better in that supposed bad MU for Peach. If that's the case i think the same can be said for Charizard.
I'm not sure, I feel like needle gimping helps her out with their recoveries, and the fact that Sheik can actually edgeguard pretty deep if need be. Sheik is a lot faster than Peach, and can KO off the top somewhat well (more on Mewtwo than Charizard). But I'm not too familiar on those MUs so those are just some ideas haha

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
If I may make a suggestion for the next topic, SECONDARIES! :D
You know, since let's be honest. Peach has her fair share of bad matchups and the like.
Three for fun: toon link, ZSS, Zelda.

Competitive: peach

Look thee unto armada m2k and know what is possible

Know the power of the pink jedi

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
those are both pretty rough but like dead james said it doesnt mean you need to switch characters just get significantly better than whoever you know that plays mewtwo or zard/ practice the MU more. For sheik though, it is a widely held opinion that sheik does well against a lot of the strong characters in this game like mewtwo zard and link, I honestly don't think this is true, and the standard sheik player just happen to be smarter and better players than your standard mewtwo or zard player (just an observation). Honestly i find sheik to be fairly underwhelming in this game but a solid mid tier, similar to peach and marth.

Edit: sorry for double posting by the way

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
ehhh, i secondary pit so i would disagree. Just chain grab em til everyone in the venue gets bored and leaves
Spacies beat Pit, having a CG on them doesn't make up for the fact that they outclass him in neutral, Luigi, Peach, Pikachu, Ganon, and Bowser, among others have CGs on spacies too and they all lose to them as well.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
What MUs DO you Peaches struggle with that make you consider secondaries anyway? (Aside from the Obv ones like Mewtwo, D3, and Maybe Charizard)

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
What MUs DO you Peaches struggle with that make you consider secondaries anyway? (Aside from the Obv ones like Mewtwo, D3, and Maybe Charizard)
Exactly.

But for funnies and before I found the great queen there was sailing link and space giant woman and afterward, this serious queen witch

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I think Peach does fine against D3, and Zard honestly. The MUs she struggles with imo are spacies, Falcon, Sheik, Marth, Roy, Link, Tink, and ZSS.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
I think Peach does fine against D3, and Zard honestly. The MUs she struggles with imo are spacies, Falcon, Sheik, Marth, Roy, Link, Tink, and ZSS.
Which is why I become them? Lol

But Samus is always listening to house of pain if I am playing. "What no tur- why is she- whoops"

Last edited:

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
Spacies beat Pit, having a CG on them doesn't make up for the fact that they outclass him in neutral, Luigi, Peach, Pikachu, Ganon, and Bowser, among others have CGs on spacies too and they all lose to them as well.
ehh i disagree, i think pits netural is fine against spacies, its alot easier for him to get that grab than it is for dorf or bowser lol. Its not free for pit or anything but my pit at least does well against spacies in my region.

im with you on like half of these. Mewtwo is pretty rough for peach but its doable (I got knocked out of losers finals by probably the best mewtwo in a tournament yesterday, but the games were insanely close and i felt like i had options the whole time. Sticking out backairs before he teleports in is key. Also i landed a lot of up smashes on him a lot which really helped with getting those kills early).
Peaches worst match up in the game in my opinion is link, the other rough ones are ZSS, Marth, Falcon, Ivy, Zard, roy, and Fox (kinda but i dunno im really good at that match up so i dont really mind it, but every other peach player hates it so i guess ill throw it on here). Theres other tough ones too but those are the worst. Although i really dont think any of them warrent switches. I beat 2 links, a marth, falcon and a fox in bracket yesterday using all peach so i dunno every match up is doable if you just space well and out think the other player haha

Edit oh yeah and D3 is pretty free honestly, i think peach wins that. Just throw turnips and down air him haha D3 has a lot of angles he cant cover with a hit box (which is peachs main weakness IMO) so its not too bad just learn where he cant hit you and stuff haha

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
D3 is even imo, Peach can CG him, and combo him really hard, but D3 can keep her out really well and is one the few characters that can edge-guard her really efficiently. As for Ivy, I've never actually used Peach in that MU, I usually go Mario against her. Also Armada says Pit loses to spacies, so I'm more inclined to agree with him.

Last edited:

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
D3 is even imo, Peach can CG him, and combo him really hard, but D3 can keep her out really well and is one the few characters that can edge-guard her really efficiently. As for Ivy, I've never actually used Peach in that MU, I usually go Mario against her. Also Armada says Pit loses to spacies, so I'm more inclined to agree with him.
Haha well he plays a lot better spaces than I do, the ones I play are easy to grab lol. Also I don't think the chain grab on D3 with peach works if they DI correctly/mash nair

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
It does, even with correct DI, you can chase him down if you react fast enough, and D3 is a fast faller, he can't nair out of combos typically.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
It does, even with correct DI, you can chase him down if you react fast enough, and D3 is a fast faller, he can't nair out of combos typically.
Well he isn't really a fast faller hes moderately floaty but he's heavy as and has huge hurt box so that probably helps the chain grab, I'll try it out sometime.

On the topic of secondaries though, I personally don't find having one necessary, but from my theory fighting I'd say having a spacie and a ZSS is pretty good. That covers falcon, mewtwo, other spacies if your confident in the ditto, marth Roy puff link and maybe some others. Having a mario, sheik or link is probably a good alternative because those characters dont really have any terrible match ups imo. I don't have a ZSS and I'm only confident in my falco on good days so take what I said with a grain of salt. Like I said though I don't think having a secondary with peach is necessary whatsoever. Bad match ups can be over come by better play imo

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
I played against Denti at WHOBO MLG in a MM. Vine Whip was killing me off the top around 40. I made a few mistakes due to being nervous about playing against Denti, but I feel like Ivysaur in general forces Peach to play completely differently. Ivy excels at punishing airborne opponents, and Peach is a pretty airborne character. Turnips can help you stay alive(agt recovery), but other than that, it's best to stay on the ground and crouch cancel everything she does. You can chaingrab Ivy, but Ivy can kill you at super low percentages. If you can rush down Ivy though, Ivy has few options for escaping pressure.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
I played against Denti at WHOBO MLG in a MM. Vine Whip was killing me off the top around 40. I made a few mistakes due to being nervous about playing against Denti, but I feel like Ivysaur in general forces Peach to play completely differently. Ivy excels at punishing airborne opponents, and Peach is a pretty airborne character. Turnips can help you stay alive(agt recovery), but other than that, it's best to stay on the ground and crouch cancel everything she does. You can chaingrab Ivy, but Ivy can kill you at super low percentages. If you can rush down Ivy though, Ivy has few options for escaping pressure.
Ivy can lame peach out forever its so annoying

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
At least you can crouch cancel a lot of Ivy's moves. Any thoughts as to the next topic? I kind of want to talk about USmash seeing as how I use it like 5% of the time

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
As many of you can probably tell, I main Yoshi now, as Yoshi fits my style more than Peach did :( That said, I still dabble in Peach stuff, and still play the character. Not enough Peach players use her DJC stuff. Once more Peach mains begin abusing DJC, more Peach mains will start winning. I feel that DJC enables peach to win in some of her more difficult matchups.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Ivy can lame peach out forever its so annoying
Ivy is such a bair as Peach.

...I'm done.

Define djc real quick
If you double jump very low to the ground, it's possible for the dip in Peach's double jump to cause you to land again. The upward portion of the dj is canceled, hence djc. It's possible to input an aerial before landing as well.

Float canceling is generally faster/better for aerials, but it does have some niche uses. Gives you some OoS options (Armada loves doing this into dsmash in Melee), it's faster than wavelanding onto a platform, etc.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Yeah zigz plays ivy as well. Ike to ivy to Roy to link

I do not often find victory but we are improving

Somewhat

HIJOLE double post, pologies

Last edited:

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
DJC actually refers to the ability to alter your momentum by double jumping and doing an aerial immediately afterward. You can jump forward, then suddenly doublejump backwards while doing an erial. Due to how Peach's double jump works, it makes her fall quickly. You still have to L Cancel DJC'd aerials. DJC has been a staple part of Ness play since smash 64, and is an incredible tool for all characters capable of doing it(Yoshi, Ness, Lucas, Peach, Mewtwo). What infinitycollision was referring to is Double Jump Land, which is only doable by Peach and Yoshi, due to the dip at the beginning of their double jump.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
So pholks I may actually join a local tourney lol

Lettuce see how fast I become pitched from the ranks and join those who spectate
you'll never be able to join those ranks if you dont start going ;) <3

also id be down to talk about up smash but i wouldn't recommend it as it is definitely one of peaches least useful moves. Good players don't get hit by peachs up smash lol. Its not that your using the move wrong its just not that great aside from a few specific situations (under platforms on yoshis story, lylat and FoD is about it lol)

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
As many of you can probably tell, I main Yoshi now, as Yoshi fits my style more than Peach did :( That said, I still dabble in Peach stuff, and still play the character. Not enough Peach players use her DJC stuff. Once more Peach mains begin abusing DJC, more Peach mains will start winning. I feel that DJC enables peach to win in some of her more difficult matchups.
I mean the only DJC stuff in PM that she couldn't do in Melee is stuff with her Brawl utilt. Everything else should be old news.

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
Well, she can do crazy momentum changes with it, but it's really hard. You can do a running short hop forward, then double jump backward and Nair, inverting her momentum. I could see that being used to catch people rolling behind you, or just as a fancy way to attack under a platform that you are on. It is kinda hard to put into words, and I've no way to record it :(

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Sup SSON

I can't do This yet anyway; I will tell u all French war stories when I am done on Sunday

Assuming I can make it

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Fair is so powerful but not easy to land. Personally I'd rather have a weaker but faster Fair just for better aerial options.

Top Bottom